3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bosmer Hearthfires?, Little Treehouse of Horrors
ghastley
post Jul 30 2016, 04:50 AM
Post #41

Councilor
Group Icon

When you do Kyne's Trials should not matter much, but the main den quest starts when you leave Froki's hut with the token, so you want to add the mod at least by then.

Extra flowers at the base of the vines may well get added.

One more thing that's not in yet is the end of the Den quest. I'm trying to script up the test for "enough to call it a home", which is probably one bed, one chair and a container, plus the cookpot. Since the vines are required first, no need to test for them.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jul 30 2016, 01:51 PM
Post #42

Councilor
Group Icon

Thank you, ghastley!

I think in her first build she will collect bones from the beginning (activate after Helgen) to see how that goes. I'm excited to try this!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 30 2016, 02:10 PM
Post #43

Councilor
Group Icon

Note that you won't get many bones early on. Wolves and skeevers don't drop them, and deer will survive your first shot and get away most times. Once you get sabre-cats and bears, they'll be coming to you.

OTOH I'm running a two-handed Orc through this, and she's running them down and whacking them fairly well, by chasing them into corners.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 30 2016, 04:15 PM
Post #44

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jul 30 2016, 09:10 AM) *

Note that you won't get many bones early on. Wolves and skeevers don't drop them, and deer will survive your first shot and get away most times. Once you get sabre-cats and bears, they'll be coming to you.

OTOH I'm running a two-handed Orc through this, and she's running them down and whacking them fairly well, by chasing them into corners.

Misa is level 4; do you know what level the sabre-cats and bears start spawning?

Yes, Thank You Ghastley!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 30 2016, 04:55 PM
Post #45

Councilor
Group Icon

I think you can find them at any level, but you'd have to go looking for them. There are always ones of each on the way to Froki's hut, and a few caves always have bears. The leveled lists for wilderness creatures bring them at their own levels of 6 for sabre-cat and 12 for bear. The wolves and skeevers don't disappear, as those lists are player level and below.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 30 2016, 10:01 PM
Post #46

Councilor
Group Icon

It seems that the chair meshes aren't in the bsa, and one has a bad recipe. New build soon.

Bosmer HF 0.3

Since the building quest isn't changed, you can replace this in an existing game.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Jul 30 2016, 10:12 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 31 2016, 04:58 AM
Post #47

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jul 30 2016, 05:01 PM) *

It seems that the chair meshes aren't in the bsa, and one has a bad recipe. New build soon.

Bosmer HF 0.3

Since the building quest isn't changed, you can replace this in an existing game.

I'm about to have to copy all my laptop files onto a Passport and get it into the shop; will download this once it is back up and running.

l

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 1 2016, 02:49 PM
Post #48

Councilor
Group Icon

Serethil, who is testing this over at Haven, reported that it made her character's pants fall off. Clark is investigating ... biggrin.gif

It turned out to be a conflict between another mod that permits multiple amulets, and the one that provided the armour with the separate pants. Adding the Kyne's Token made it select the pants slot at game startup for the amulet, and that blocked the other use.

However, she also discovered that Hunterborn also changes the death items of large creatures to add its own bones, so we have a conflict I'll need to look into, and try and address. And there may also be a conflict with Nock to Tip on the arrows. Since that removes arrows from forges, it's not a surprise, or necessarily a problem. I just need to mention it in "compatibility issues".

Edit: Nock to Tip may not be an issue. It doesn't know about my recipe. The confusion arose because it has "bone" arrows that have a bone head. Serethil was expecting a "bone" category at the Bosmer forge. (Who'd use bone-headed arrows? D'oh) Instead, you get a second recipe under each category to use a bone shaft instead of a (fire)wood one.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Aug 3 2016, 10:07 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 13 2016, 12:30 AM
Post #49

Councilor
Group Icon

I just downloaded Hunterborn for a quick test and discovered that you can enable my bones in its MCM menu by selecting Custom Pelts and optionally Combine with Hunterborn Pelts. That gives you a Manual loot option for the usual death items, which you can choose instead of the Hunterborn process, each time you activate a carcass.

I should note that in the readme.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 13 2016, 09:12 PM
Post #50

Councilor
Group Icon

I decided I'd run enough characters through building it, and it's stable enough for the Nexus.

Version 1.0

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 22 2016, 05:54 PM
Post #51

Councilor
Group Icon

Had to share this with everyone....

"Ho-kay...so...I love the house, but imho, it's waaaaay too much of a pain in the nethers to do the quest & assemble the materials for such a simple place. Nothing wrong with it at all, but I think this would make a better *starter* home than crowning achievement. But...endorsed anyway. It does keep the rain off, I hope?"

I noted today that someone has posted a mod that avoids the player having to do any material collecting for Hearthfires. It's about caught up with mine for downloads and endorsements already! wacko.gif

I think my next mod will be a button in the middle of the screen that says "I can't be bothered playing, just let me win" and if you press it, it tells you you've won, and don't need to play at all. Then it closes the game for you, so you don't have to do that work, either. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 18 2017, 04:25 PM
Post #52

Councilor
Group Icon

I made a small change to this for my own game - I'm not sure if I'll bother putting out an update for it.

The cookpot in the den now uses only Bosmer-approved ingredients (no veggies any more). I've created new recipes for things using only meat, salt, fungi (they're the enemies of trees, aren't they?) using a new keyword unique to that pot. Many of theme were meat + salt = cooked meat and so were cloned unchanged, but for several others there was an ingredient swapped out. I need more recipes using eggs, butter, milk, too - and honey! Not using flour means no baked goods/bread - but there's no oven there.

That's now got me wondering about floral ingredients for alchemy, and if her lab table needs to be unique too.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Sep 18 2017, 05:49 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:01 AM