23 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Morrowind Mischiefs, A Characters Update thread
Acadian
post Jul 11 2016, 12:09 AM
Post #161

Paladin
Group Icon

Gosh, I can't get over how good your game and Persephone look in Morrowind! I mean Persephone's face underwater is just gorgeous.

Free Willy Aravi!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 17 2016, 02:22 AM
Post #162

Ancient
Group Icon

Acadian: I am using a head mod for Persephone's face, that adds a lot of celebrity faces. I think the one I am using is Jennifer Garner.

I think I free Aravi in all of my Morrowind games. Not that there have been many. The cave she is being held is not very far from the starting area, so it is pretty easy.

Persephone summoned a Golden Saint with a scroll

Ruling from the tomb

The Ghostfence

Another Ghostfence.

The Ghostgate

Battling a Dremora

Battling another Dremora

Skewered

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 17 2016, 12:16 PM
Post #163

Paladin
Group Icon

Persewind continues to look great in the land of mushroom houses. It is easy to see the influence on later games when we see the Morrowind Golden Saints and Dremoras. Even the Ghostfence looks like it inspired the magical wall around Valerica in Skyrim’s Soul Cairn. I’m just so impressed that Persephone is so well represented now in TES 3, 4 and 5.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 17 2016, 03:43 PM
Post #164

Councilor
Group Icon

Nice, I think I can see Jenny Garner somewhere in there. In a fatalistic, undead sort of way.

I love the turn-of-century Tomb Raider esque graphics.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jul 17 2016, 08:20 PM
Post #165

Councilor
Group Icon

SubRosa, I’d say that Persephone is the best-looking thing in Morrowind, but given her not-living status I hesitate to say “thing” and accidentally imply something rude. She’s beautiful! I love the pictures with the Ghost Fence best. Her hair, the look of her armor, and her stance with the sword bring her look through the three provinces. Wow! I love her pretty pink Absorb Health mist of death.

How neat that she freed Aravi. happy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 18 2016, 12:25 AM
Post #166

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 10 2016, 05:02 PM) *

I remember MorroMisa's sunglasses and hearts! laugh.gif

Persephone continues to explore the Bitter Coast. She found a Worn Imperial Key inside a shipwreck that had no locked doors or containers. I looked it up on the wiki to find out what it was for, and it turns out it is for a secret area in Castle Ebonheart. She was there just yesterday, and might go back to find out what it unlocks.

Persephone's Absorb Health kills an orc boss

Aravi is free!

An underwater Daedric temple

Deuling with a Dreugh

Ooh, I have become hooked on "Absorb Health!"

Really surprising how good the Orc looks here, and also the textures of the wood compared to the rock!

WOO HOO! You freed Aravi! I have not done this yet, or freed Maxical's mother Shivani yet either!

Oh, Persephone looks amazing in the underwater shot! It doesn't even look like she is drowning!

OMG, I think I remember Treydog doing this quest in his story! You are really far along in the game then? I haven't gotten past Balmora, was doing quests there when I switched to Skyrim.

These are AWESOME !!! I haven't seen you do Morrowind before, this is fantastic!

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 16 2016, 09:22 PM) *

Acadian: I am using a head mod for Persephone's face, that adds a lot of celebrity faces. I think the one I am using is Jennifer Garner.

I think I free Aravi in all of my Morrowind games. Not that there have been many. The cave she is being held is not very far from the starting area, so it is pretty easy.

Persephone summoned a Golden Saint with a scroll

Ruling from the tomb

The Ghostfence

Another Ghostfence.

The Ghostgate

Battling a Dremora

Battling another Dremora

Skewered

Ooh, Persephone's pony tail looks like Buffy's from the back! I love the look of that armor she is wearing! And wow, I never got to summon a Golden Saint, or even a Dark Seducer in Morrowind! That is so cool! But ... er, what did you do with her? Is that a quest?

Holy Cow, that is one loooong sword!

I am wondering if you went an opposite direction from where I went, I never got to see the Ghostfence! And I did make it to Balmora!

Seeing that fence here; and I've seen it in Morroblivion and Skywind - really makes me wish Bethesda would redo their older games in today's graphics engines and capabiities! How Awesome would it be to play Morrowind and have it be as great visually; mechanically; the animatronics; etc. - that we have today. And Arena; Daggerfall - would love to play them through in current graphics and combat abilities!

Okay, rant over.

Boy, Persephone's face came out stunning!

Oh, is that what the Ghostgate looks like? I used that structure as a gate for a pass in my story; rollinglaugh.gif

Oh, Battling a Dremora is a fantastic shot! Holy cow, what a great rig you must have to get that much detail! Are you using any mods to enhance the game? This is my favorite shot, spectacular!

I used a face mod on Misa; a body mod; an animation mod so everyone's walking looked better; and two combat mods to improve the combat - it was awful without them; but the animations were worse. Running still looked bad after the mod; and Khajiit were so bad - that was why I played Misa there, I couldn't watch the Khajiit walk, it was painful! laugh.gif

Man, Persephone is leaving a trail of dead bodies! Where/what is this place she is in? Awesome looking place! It looks like the Daedric ruins in ESO!

Skewered is right! Holy Cow, I guess so !!!

Awesome shots, I hope you stay in Morrowind a while so I can see more of it on a machine worthy enough to do it justice!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 18 2016, 12:46 AM
Post #167

Ancient
Group Icon

Acadian: Playing Morrowind really makes it plain where the look of Mania in The Shivering Isles came from. The Ascadiian Isles area around Vivec is practically identical, just less colorful.

Renee: It might not be Jennifer Garner's face. There are a lot of actresses in that head pack. But I am pretty sure it is her.

I think the Tomb Raider I graphics were probably better than Morrowind's vanilla look! The animations definitely were! If any ES game needs a remastering, it is the ones like Morrowind or Daggerfall. I would pay the full price for one of those games brought up to date with a modern game engine. Not even so much for the graphics, but for the animations, physics, and character customization.

Grits: Thanks. As ever, I worked very hard getting Persephone's look right. Creating a new race in any TES game is a lot of work, but she just is not playable without doing so.

The sad thing about the ghost fence is that it disappears once you get even a little way off. You can still see the suspension cables along the top, but the blue colored light field just vanishes. So from a distance you cannot even tell it is there, except for the towers and the cables between them. sad.gif

mALX: Wow, Persephewind just barely missed Maxical's mom. She went north along (and beyond) the shore from Hla Oad, and followed a couple little archipelagos of islands out in the water. There were a bunch of Daedric Shrines with names starting with "A", and finally a Dwemer ruin called Aleft that she explored. From there she went straight east over the mountains to Caldera and did some quests for people around there. That got her going further east, as far as the Ghost Gate. Then she headed south though an old lava flow and cleared out more stuff, before finally looping west to Balmora. So she circled completely around Hlomaren! But she will be getting there soon.

Persephone does not have to worry about drowning. She's undead, so she doesn't need to breathe! I always give my Deadwalker race in all games waterbreathing to simulate that.

The Western-style town of Caldera

Compared to Hlaalu-built Balmora

Overlooking a Daedric Shrine

Woe be to any Star Destroyer that attacks this Rebel base

A closer look at Persephewind and the ion cannon

Persephone vs. a Bonelord

Malediction steals the Bonerlord's life death force

The Acadian Isles

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 18 2016, 12:51 AM
Post #168

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jul 9 2016, 09:35 AM) *

Gosh, mALX. Misa of Morrowind looks delish! Heh, no doubt where she gets her hair color and style. . . . tongue.gif

Thank you, Acadian!

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 9 2016, 09:44 AM) *

And shame on mALX for censoring her pics wink.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 10 2016, 05:02 PM) *

I remember MorroMisa's sunglasses and hearts! laugh.gif

You really got me hyped up to play Morrowind by bringing Persephone there! Unfortunately, my laptop isn't handling gameplay right now, so all I could do was bring in Misa's old screens, lol. I am loving seeing Persephone in Morrowind !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 18 2016, 01:50 PM
Post #169

Paladin
Group Icon

Subrosa, nice contrast between Caldera and Balmora. I see what you mean about the elaborate Daedric Shrines. Persewind still looks stunning! Wow, looks like bonelords were clearly the inspiration for dragon priests. My isles look very idyllic. tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 18 2016, 02:04 PM
Post #170

Councilor
Group Icon

You're getting me very tempted to try Morrowind again. The last attempt under windows 8 gave me a game with no mouse cursor, which was pretty well unplayable. I "upgraded" to Windows 10 on that laptop, so maybe I should try it again, and see if the glitch was fixed.

I bought the Anthology with the purpose of playing Morrowind, as it wasn't available on disk any other way. I ended up installing Skyrim instead.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 18 2016, 02:48 PM
Post #171

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jul 18 2016, 03:04 PM) *

You're getting me very tempted to try Morrowind again. The last attempt under windows 8 gave me a game with no mouse cursor, which was pretty well unplayable. I "upgraded" to Windows 10 on that laptop, so maybe I should try it again, and see if the glitch was fixed.

I say upgrade to 7 and it´ll definitely be fixed wink.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 18 2016, 03:12 PM
Post #172

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 18 2016, 09:48 AM) *

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jul 18 2016, 03:04 PM) *

I say upgrade to 7 and it´ll definitely be fixed wink.gif

The "play it on the Win 7 machine" option is also available. That plays Skyrim and Oblivion at 6000x1080 so I thought Morrowind would be better on the small screen of the laptop, where I wouldn't be critical of the graphics. Other than them not all being there, like the mouse cursor. sad.gif

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 19 2016, 05:02 PM
Post #173

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 17 2016, 07:46 PM) *

Acadian: Playing Morrowind really makes it plain where the look of Mania in The Shivering Isles came from. The Ascadiian Isles area around Vivec is practically identical, just less colorful.

Renee: It might not be Jennifer Garner's face. There are a lot of actresses in that head pack. But I am pretty sure it is her.

I think the Tomb Raider I graphics were probably better than Morrowind's vanilla look! The animations definitely were! If any ES game needs a remastering, it is the ones like Morrowind or Daggerfall. I would pay the full price for one of those games brought up to date with a modern game engine. Not even so much for the graphics, but for the animations, physics, and character customization.

Grits: Thanks. As ever, I worked very hard getting Persephone's look right. Creating a new race in any TES game is a lot of work, but she just is not playable without doing so.

The sad thing about the ghost fence is that it disappears once you get even a little way off. You can still see the suspension cables along the top, but the blue colored light field just vanishes. So from a distance you cannot even tell it is there, except for the towers and the cables between them. sad.gif

mALX: Wow, Persephewind just barely missed Maxical's mom. She went north along (and beyond) the shore from Hla Oad, and followed a couple little archipelagos of islands out in the water. There were a bunch of Daedric Shrines with names starting with "A", and finally a Dwemer ruin called Aleft that she explored. From there she went straight east over the mountains to Caldera and did some quests for people around there. That got her going further east, as far as the Ghost Gate. Then she headed south though an old lava flow and cleared out more stuff, before finally looping west to Balmora. So she circled completely around Hlomaren! But she will be getting there soon.

Persephone does not have to worry about drowning. She's undead, so she doesn't need to breathe! I always give my Deadwalker race in all games waterbreathing to simulate that.

The Western-style town of Caldera

Compared to Hlaalu-built Balmora

Overlooking a Daedric Shrine

Woe be to any Star Destroyer that attacks this Rebel base

A closer look at Persephewind and the ion cannon

Persephone vs. a Bonelord

Malediction steals the Bonerlord's life death force

The Acadian Isles

I can't get over how barren both Balmora and Caldera look in these screens, I don't remember them looking so bleak in my game! Is it because you are so far away from them up in the air for the screen?

This is a great shot; even though the landscape is kind of reminiscent of a Fallout game here, lol. I'm dying to know about Persephone's sword, is that a mod added one? Is it enchanted?

Also on this shot; I love the architecture in the distance there; those steeples on shrines and some buildings in Morrowind; even more so now that I have seen it in the full glory of today's graphics in ESO. Really nice shot here, even with the lack of color!!!

Oh, Aha! This is the "Where Am I" thread screen! So I could cheat by following the path you detailed above and looking at all the buildings to figure out which this is!!! BWAAHAA!!!!

Man, that Bonelord looks freaky! The ones in ESO are huge and tough looking, but not scary = THIS one is scary as hell!!!!!

Geez, I'm sleeping with the lights on tonight! Oh, is that pink coming from Persephone's sword? What does the enchantment do?

HA! So Acadian has his own islands and didn't invite Maxical or Misa, but invited Persephone? *mALX turns green, grows to giant proportions, rips shirt off...* rollinglaugh.gif

They sure look pretty and lush; a bit Shivering Isles-ish!

Awesome shots !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jul 20 2016, 05:12 PM
Post #174

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh neat, there is a huge difference between Caldera and Balmora!

Whoa, that Daedric Shrine looks ominous. I love how big it looks.

Persephewind steals the show in the ion cannon pics. “Hey, is that a Dwemer… Look how gorgeous she is!!” biggrin.gif

OK that bonelord is among the creepiest things ever. Even with the nice pink halo that Malediction gave him.

Picnic party at Acadian’s Isles!! That’s beautiful.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 21 2016, 01:41 AM
Post #175

Ancient
Group Icon

Acadian: The Daedric Shrines in Oblivion and Skyrim are real letdowns after Morrowind. The Morrowind versions are these mini fortresses, with lots of usually hostile guards. They are tough places to tackle.

Your isles are indeed one of the most bucolic areas of the game!

mALX: I think it was just the weather that makes Balmora look so bleak. I think it was a cloudy sky day, because the sky is dull and dim looking.

Persephone's sword is just an ordinary Silver Claymore. She enchanted it with Absorb Health, in keeping with the other versions of Malediction in Oblivion and Skyrim. It is what makes the pink lights around the heads of the people she hits with it.

It must be really nice to see Morrowind with ESO's graphics. I really like the art styles they used.

They have Bonelords in ESO? That is cool! They are one of the creepier monsters in the ES games. But still not as creepy as the feral ghouls in the Fallout games.

Grits: The Daedric Shrines are really cool in Morrowind. They have a mad architecture to them, like they shambled from the blasphemous depths of an HP Lovecraft story.

I wish there were some good heads with scars I could have picked from. Persephone is not supposed to look so unblemished.

The Bonelords are really creepy. But wait until you see the Bonewalkers!

The Bitter Coast

Bitter Coast sunset

Maxical's mother is now free!

The Deadwalker and the Guar

The West Gash (with Balmora just visible in the distance)

Red Mountain looms in the distance

Persephone and Larry

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 21 2016, 01:54 AM
Post #176

Ancient
Group Icon

The Bitter Coast shots - that is how I remember Morrowind looking in my game!

WOO HOO! You saved Shivani !!!!! Awesome! Thank you, Persephone!!!!

Aren't those guar sweet? I was kind of worried the first time I saw them that I was going to have a real fight on my hands; really surprised me that it was friendly!

Oh my, that is one large Gash! laugh.gif

Larry is back !!! WOOOOOOOOOOOT !!!! It wouldn't be the same without him!

Awesome shots !!! Do you know, that is the first time I've actually seen the real Shivani? I never made it to doing the strongholds! Thank you so much for that, that was an Awesome surprise !!!! That made my day!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 21 2016, 05:03 PM
Post #177

Paladin
Group Icon

Thanks to Persephone for the continuing tour of Morrowind. Your game looks great and I enjoyed the exotic scenics.

Is that a netch in Bitter Coast sunset?

Yay, Shivani is free now! I really only know her from mALX's wonderful story.

Persephone and the guar look great.

Aww, nice to Deadwalker Persephone and Bonewalker Larry.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 24 2016, 05:05 AM
Post #178

Ancient
Group Icon

mALX: I think the Bitter Coast is probably my favorite area in Morrowind. I love the swamps, and all the islands and grottos along the coastline.

Whenever I read "The West Gash" I always think of something rude... wink.gif

Acadian: There are two netches in the Bitter Coast Sunset pic. The one on the left with the translucent blue body is a female, and the larger brown one to the right is a male.

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water

Coastal shack

Persephone found a shipwreck

One of the Daedric Shrines behind her

Persephone is a hottie

Persephone battles Dagoth Big Nose

Readying a spell

Meet Larry's other brother Larry

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 24 2016, 03:51 PM
Post #179

Paladin
Group Icon

Love those shots near the water. In your first shot, it may be my imagination, but it looks like Persephone’s expression is saying, ‘Ewww!’. tongue.gif

Those Daedric Shrines do indeed look more interesting/fun that their SkyBlivion counterparts.

Being a dead girl, I imagine Persephone’s too cool for fire to bother her.

Big Nose. XX

Wow, Larry’s bonelord brother is one weird looking skellie – no wonder he wants to wear robes. ohmy.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 26 2016, 11:28 PM
Post #180

Ancient
Group Icon

Acadian: The sheer number of slaughterfish in the water around Vvardenfell is enough to make most people say Ewwww. OTOH stepping into the water is one of the best ways to level up fast.

The Daedric Shrines are pretty simple on the inside. Most have a little corridor that runs from the door to a single large chamber with the Daedric Prince's statue. Some have a rooms beyond. But for most that is all. In fact, all of Morrowind's dungeons are small. Most are just 3-4 rooms total. Multi-level dungeons are usually only quest-related, and even those tend to only be a handful of rooms each.

Persehphone has her eye on you...

Hanging out with Other Brother Larry

More of the Acadian Isles

Red Mountain

A closer look beyond the Ghostfence

The Redoran city of Ald'Ruhn can be seen in the distance

"A den of stinking evil. Cover your nose, Boo, we will leave no crevice untouched!"

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Jul 26 2016, 11:29 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

23 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:11 PM