Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Animation and pose mods, ...and how to navigate them
Lena Wolf
post Apr 17 2022, 09:14 AM
Post #1

Mouth
Group Icon

I am looking for a kneeling animation without the prayer component - I just want the character to kneel on a pad and sit quietly. I suspect some of the pose mods would have what I need, but when I downloaded Goma Poses, I found the files not to have descriptive names, and with literally hundreds upon hundreds of them to go through... wacko.gif eh... I got discouraged.

So, does anyone know a mod that contains such an animation or pose, and what would be the number or handle by which I can recognise it?

PS. This is for Oblivion, in case that wasn't clear from the forum title. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Lena Wolf: Apr 17 2022, 09:16 AM

--------------------
"What is life's greatest illusion?"
"Innocence, my brother."

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 17 2022, 11:43 AM
Post #2

Councilor
Group Icon

Yeah, you want a kneeling without prayer animation. Because I remember that too, the character kneels, but he/she also steeples their hands.

Later on I'll go on my gaming PC and see what I use for animation. Chances are it's something popular and you've already tried it, but maybe I'm wrong.

Edit: I use Actors in Charge.

This post has been edited by Renee: Apr 17 2022, 01:35 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 19 2022, 04:17 PM
Post #3

Councilor
Group Icon

I don't have a playable Oblivion, now that I've switched to a machine with no optical drive. But I know there were several kneeling poses in Halo's CTaddpose mod. Naming conventions for the kf files were series/number, rather than type-based, so they don't help.

The simplest solution may be to create a custom one. I assume the leg position can be taken from the prayer one, and the kneeling down/getting up animations that go with would be unchanged. Where would you want the arms/hands? Maybe it can be cobbled by cut/paste in NifSkope.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Apr 19 2022, 04:45 PM
Post #4

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Apr 17 2022, 11:43 AM) *

Yeah, you want a kneeling without prayer animation. Because I remember that too, the character kneels, but he/she also steeples their hands.

Edit: I use Actors in Charge.

I looked at Actors in Charge but it only re-packages the animations already present in vanilla Oblivion (+SI). There's the prayer animation but not a meditating one.

QUOTE(ghastley @ Apr 19 2022, 04:17 PM) *

I don't have a playable Oblivion, now that I've switched to a machine with no optical drive. But I know there were several kneeling poses in Halo's CTaddpose mod. Naming conventions for the kf files were series/number, rather than type-based, so they don't help.

The simplest solution may be to create a custom one. I assume the leg position can be taken from the prayer one, and the kneeling down/getting up animations that go with would be unchanged. Where would you want the arms/hands? Maybe it can be cobbled by cut/paste in NifSkope.

Not being able to navigate those pose mods is exactly my problem... I didn't know you could make an animation in NifSkope! I thought you needed Blender for that. I can't load existing animations in NifSkope.

What I would need is simple - sit quietly. Since it's for Geralt (the witcher), then here's a suitable picture. smile.gif It is basically the first half of the prayer animation - without the praying bit.

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 19 2022, 06:09 PM
Post #5

Councilor
Group Icon

NifSkope won't directly load just an animation, but you can load a .nif file and then apply a .kf to it. You can then examine the animation blocks that were added. I don't recall the entire process, but loading up, for example, a kneeling animation, and a standing one that has the right arm positions, has let me derive a combination .kf before.

I just need to remember what extra steps were involved. It probably does involve blender to finally save the .kf. For naimated objects, such as my bubbling alembic, the whole thing can be done in NifSkope, as the result is a .nif with the animation built-in. It's the separate .kf file that's the part that may need blender.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Apr 19 2022, 06:40 PM
Post #6

Mouth
Group Icon

Ghastley, thanks so much for telling me this! I can now examine existing animations in NifSkope rather than in game! goodjob.gif It doesn't actually play them, I think it progresses right to the last frame, but never mind - it gives me a good idea what is in it. And I think I located something suitable among the Personality Idles! biggrin.gif Now I shall try it in-game, but the difference is that I need to try just a few potential animations instead of hundreds upon hundreds.

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:02 AM