Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Windows 10 Tips, Tricks, and Improvements
SubRosa
post Dec 9 2020, 06:33 AM
Post #1

Ancient
Group Icon

I created this to be a place where people can post their Windows 10 life hacks. Not a place to troubleshoot problems, but rather a place to put ways to customize and tame the beast.

I will start with a little program I just found that can restore the old style start menu from Windows 7 or XP. Open Shell Menu is a free program that allows you to customize the Windows 10 Start Menu. As I said, it allows you to recreate the format of the older Windows editions.

You can also create folders on the start menu, and move shortcuts back and forth on the menu however you want. Things you cannot do in Windows 10. (You can do that with the tiles, but not with the list of programs on the start menu just left of the tiles). It also brings back the Recent Items list.

It also still leaves you a single icon on the new menu that you can click to bring up the original Windows 10 style start menu.

Here is an example of what I did with it on my non-gaming PC There are a lot of ways you can customize it however. So this is not the only way it could look.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 04:53 PM