18 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> That Mod Looks Interesting, Trying To Keep Up With New Mods
Grits
post Mar 4 2015, 03:11 PM
Post #101

Councilor
Group Icon

Here’s a new one that I like a lot: Gamwich’s amusingly named Rustic Children. The kids still look like Skyrim kids, just better. Best of all (for me) there is no need to patch every mod that adds children to the game. It’s the kind of simple replacer that I tend to forget is even there.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 4 2015, 08:24 PM
Post #102

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Mar 4 2015, 09:11 AM) *

Here’s a new one that I like a lot: Gamwich’s amusingly named Rustic Children. The kids still look like Skyrim kids, just better. Best of all (for me) there is no need to patch every mod that adds children to the game. It’s the kind of simple replacer that I tend to forget is even there.

That mod sounds really great - and closer to what I was looking for than most of the child overhauls where I couldn't see a visual difference in the appearance of the children.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Mar 6 2015, 10:44 PM
Post #103

Master
Group Icon

I have a minor problem with the AFT mod. When used in Lucius' game, it works flawlessly and I can recruit any NPC as a companion. But in Aard's game when I try to make someone a companion by casting a spell on them, I get the message saying sth like "Script parameter missing - mod conflict?". However, I use exactly the same mods for both games. The only difference is that I installed AFT when Lucius has been around for some time while Aard started with AFT installed.

Any advices?

Thanks.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Mar 7 2015, 02:17 AM
Post #104

Councilor
Group Icon

Same order? Try running LOOT.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Mar 7 2015, 02:18 AM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Mar 8 2015, 09:42 PM
Post #105

Master
Group Icon

Thanks, it worked. I didn't know about LOOT, I was using BOSS.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 13 2015, 05:29 PM
Post #106

Paladin
Group Icon

Buffy's always had a. . . relationship with Azura. But her shrine area is so barren. We've always felt sorry for poor Aranea standing up there all by herself, doubtless freezing her. . . ears off. So we found a mod called Azura Shrine Temple that looks interesting. May give it a try.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59614/?

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 13 2015, 05:33 PM
Post #107

Ancient
Group Icon

That is an interesting mod. Though I think more could have been done. If they had made Dragonborn a requirement, they could have used some of the new meshes and textures from the Reclamations Temple in Red Rock, put the priests in Reclamations Robes, and even put a Dunmer-style tomb underneath it all.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 13 2015, 06:04 PM
Post #108

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh, this looks nice. It makes a lot of sense that there would be some shelter there, perhaps even an old Nordic substructure on the site that the Dunmer chose for Azura’s shrine. I’ve always thought that there needed to be a little bit more but not too much, and this mod looks just right. Excellent find!

I think you’re right, SubRosa, Dragonborn could provide more Dunmer flavor. Hmm…

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Mar 13 2015, 07:05 PM
Post #109

Councilor
Group Icon

On the other hand, this is appropriate for a Nord temple to her. It's not just the Dunmer that appreciate her, Clark will tell you. biggrin.gif Yes, Aranea is a Dunmer, but that doesn't imply she built it.

On the gripping hand, I'd change the outfits of the monks in the temple to be the same as Aranea's.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Mar 13 2015, 07:07 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 13 2015, 07:25 PM
Post #110

Ancient
Group Icon

IIRC, it was the Dunmer who built the shrine after coming to Skyrim, in tribute to Azura saving them from the Red Year by warning them to get the heck out of there beforehand. So I think it really ought to look more Dunish than Nordish. Besides, don't we really have enough Nordic tomb architecture in Skyrim?

Here is a very quick (about an hour and a half) and dirty test of what the Azura shrine might look like with some true Dunmer architecture. A few doors could be put into the steps somewhere for a temple inside that stone base. Some banners might be tossed in over the bare stone to add some flavor, and of course other DB assets like reclamation robes would make the staff look more unique.

Some Redoran-style buildings could be added on the ground around it, either the bug-buildings, or the more 'normal' stone block ones. Throw in some more people, horses, a stable/smithy, and it would make for a neat little place. After a few hundred hours of work, it would probably look pretty good.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Mar 13 2015, 07:36 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 13 2015, 07:28 PM
Post #111

Paladin
Group Icon

Nice to see some interest in this! I noticed that mod author pitched that it requires no DLC, but several commenters mentioned how nice some of DB DLC items could be. I guess I could go either way. I think Aranea mentions that Dunmer emigrating from MW built the shrine, but Grit's point could well be the case too that they perhaps built atop an old Nordic structure of some sort.

I think I'll give it a go and report how it goes.

Edit: Oops, I was posting the same time SubRosa was. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Acadian: Mar 13 2015, 07:30 PM

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 13 2015, 08:53 PM
Post #112

Paladin
Group Icon

So I installed the Azura Temple mod and it works fine. The mod is not elaborate and, as we know, only uses vanilla (w/o DLC) assets. Not fancy, but does a nice job of giving the place a permanent and livable presence. A few camping pigrims outside and a nice little temple inside with a couple acolytes. Given Buffy's affinity for Azura, it is certainly a keeper for me. goodjob.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Mar 13 2015, 09:33 PM
Post #113

Councilor
Group Icon

Aranea's dialog in the vanilla game says she's alone at the shrine. Did they remember to change that?

This post has been edited by ghastley: Mar 13 2015, 09:35 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 13 2015, 11:06 PM
Post #114

Paladin
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Mar 13 2015, 01:33 PM) *

Aranea's dialog in the vanilla game says she's alone at the shrine. Did they remember to change that?

I'm not sure. Buffy asked that question of Aranea before we installed the mod. She's deep in a dungeon right now but next time she's back by the shrine, she'll try asking again. My gut tells me that Aranea's dialogue was not changed. The mod changes nothing up at the top (Aranea's area) of the shrine. None of the additional NPCs offer any dialogue exchanges with you. If you activate them, they simply make a comment, then exit the conversation. Again, a very simple and unambitious mod, but I'm still pleased with it.

Buffy's fave feature is that the inside of the temple is spacious enough to bring Superian in out of the weather. Silly horse-crazy elf. biggrin.gif

Edit: Buffy finished the Azura quest, then talked to Aranea again. No dialogue about being there by herself. . . but I suspect that would be the vanilla situation too after the quest. Sorry I can't say for sure, but I'm still betting Aranea's dialogue has not been touched by the simple temple mod.

Edit #2: In a new game, Buffy talked to Aranea at the very beginning of the quest when you can ask her if she's there all alone. She says yes, so the mod does not change any of Aranea's dialogue. Still a good keeper mod for me!

This post has been edited by Acadian: Mar 23 2015, 01:08 PM

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Mar 15 2015, 09:22 PM
Post #115

Master
Group Icon

A problem with Playeble Instruments mod which allows you to be a bard and earn tips, is that once audience's coinpurses get empty, you receive tips no longer, which makes performing for the same crowd impossible because sooner or later they run out of money. The only workaround I've found so far, is to manually reset inventories of NPCs with the console, however, NPCs get a lot of money this way so instead of earning 2 - 10 tips per one performance, you can now get even 20 or more gold which isn't what I was hoping for.

This post has been edited by Lopov: Mar 15 2015, 10:32 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Mar 23 2015, 09:45 AM
Post #116

Master
Group Icon

I've been having Crime Bounty Decay installed since day one though never really got around to using it because my characters almost never got a bounty. In short, if you get a bounty in some hold, it'll gradually decrease as days pass, you can customize these values by yourself.

So the other day Aard punched Nurelion because he pissed him off and got a bounty of 250 septims (I modded this value). But Nurelion didn't fight back and when Aard came out of the White Phial, guards didn't arrest him. They would arrest him if talked to, though, I tested it.

So I forgot about this mod and yesterday while playing I got a message in the upper left corner, saying sth like "Guards in Windhelm probably forgot about me by now." Aard's bounty from Eastmarch was gone and it was good to see that the mod works as intended.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 23 2015, 01:06 PM
Post #117

Paladin
Group Icon

Lopov - That mod makes good sense. Gives meaning to the whole 'lay low for awhile' stuff that bad guys say. smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 23 2015, 07:08 PM
Post #118

Ancient
Group Icon

That is really cool. You really can get out of town and lie low for a while, then go back later.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 24 2015, 12:18 AM
Post #119

Councilor
Group Icon

That's a neat find. I've made a note for the next time I end up with a criminal. Thanks, Lopov!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Mar 27 2015, 10:59 PM
Post #120

Master
Group Icon

Today I installed a mod that removes blood on the screen during fights. No more typing "csb" to clear the screen when taking action shots.

--------------------
+Quote Post

18 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 03:12 PM