Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Morrowind Mischiefs, A Characters Update thread
mirocu
post Apr 23 2014, 08:10 AM
Post #1

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Hello and welcome to Morrowind's version of Character's Update! smile.gif

Here you can write about what your characters are doing on Vvardenfell, Solstheim or in Mournhold. It's not an actual fanfic thread, but I'm not forbidding anything.

My Morrowind character is hibernating so to speak. He's a Nord called Karl the Northener who lives on Solstheim where he takes up residence in Thirsk Meadhall. He mostly wanders around fighting whatever attacks him while collecting various things to either sell or keep.

This post has been edited by mirocu: May 10 2017, 09:35 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Apr 23 2014, 10:01 AM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

Thank you for this thread, mirocu, you made my day. I need a break from learning so let's my meet my former character, whose story happily concluded the previous week.

Name: Haryon

Picture: Outside the palace of Vivec

Race: Nord

Sign: The Atronach

Home Country: Cyrodiil

Nerevarine: Yes

Faction and Rank or Guilds: Primate of the Imperial Cult, Clanfriend of the Ashlanders, Operative of the Blades

Class: Monk

Skills and talents: Hand-to-hand / Blunt Weapon, Unarmored, Acrobatics

Weapons of preference: Bare hands, staves, maces

Clothing: robes and only robes

Alignment: Neutral Good

Biography/Life History: Haryon, born on a certain day to uncertain parents, is a humble monk who was deported to Vvardenfell against his own will but when he realized the importance of the Nerevarine prophecies, he had no choice but to accept his destiny. He saved Morrowind and its people from two major threats: Dagoth Ur and Almalexia. But being the Nerevarine never made Haryon feel to be "above the others". He remained a simple man, always helping those in need by following the teachings of the Nine Divines. He never cared about money and usually gave it to the poor or donated it to the Imperial Cult.

Current status: Haryon settled down in the Urshilaku Camp, together with Ashlanders that were his prime teachers in becoming the Nerevarine. Adventurers that passed the Urshilaku Camp, often told stories of a barefoot bearded Nord walking amongst the Ashlanders like he was one of them. For he was, because the Ashlanders called him "brother". However, what happened to Haryon in the Red Year, when the Red Mountain erupted, scorched almost entire Vvardenfell and thus killed most of the island population, is not known. The most possible claim is that in the fifth year of the fourth era Haryon the Nerevarine passed away.

This post has been edited by Lopov: Jan 1 2015, 05:28 PM

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Vital
post Apr 23 2014, 10:21 AM
Post #3

Mouth
Group Icon

Ooh! Great thread and two great characters biggrin.gif

Makes me want to fire up morrowind again..

Anyway my most recent character is named Veldryn and he's a dunmer warrior that primarily utilises medium armour, long blade, marksman, alchemy and mysticism, among other things...

He's about halfway through the MQ and is a member of house Redoran and the Fighter's Guild..

--------------------
I'll probably disappear for a minimum of 10 minutes after this post..
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Apr 23 2014, 10:33 AM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

And here's my current character, the exact opposite of kind-hearted Haryon.

Name: Varus Valgus

Picture: Man in glass

Race: Imperial

Sign: The Thief

Home Country: Cyrodiil

Nerevarine: No

Faction and Rank or Guilds: None (yet)

Class: Assassin

Skills and talents: Long Blade / Short Blade, Light Armor, Sneak, Security

Weapons of preference: Long swords (enchanted), Bows, Short Blades

Clothing: Light Armor (currently wearing a mix of glass and chitin armor, namely: glass helm, cuirass, greaves - Chitin pauldrons, gauntlets, boots

Alignment: Neutral Evil

Biography/Life History: Varus Valgus is a ruthless assassin from Cyrodiil. Much of his past is shrouded in mystery, but it's known that he hails from a noble family and worshipped the Daedra. He was supposed to kill a noble in Windhelm, Skyrim, but was caught in the act and imprisoned. Because he often escaped from prisons in the past, authorities decided to send him to Ebonheart by ship where he'd be judged. It turned out that this wasn't a clever idea.

"I'd rather sell my soul to Daedra than remain on this ship any longer," cursed Varus while the ship was travelling through the Azura's Coast. It's unknown what exactly happened afterwards but suddenly a huge wave appeared out of nowhere and overturned the ship. Varus managed to set free, killed his guards, jumped from the sinking ship and swam to the coast. Varus is convinced that the Daedra helped him to escape.

Varus later became infected with Porphyric Hemophilia and evolved into a full vampire. He caused terror in the Grazelands, preying on unsuspecting victims and sucking out their blood. He met his demise from a warrior of the Zainab camp.

Current status: Dead.

This post has been edited by Lopov: Apr 27 2014, 10:47 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 23 2014, 11:19 AM
Post #5

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Interesting that you have one good and one evil character, Lopov. One on either side of the spectra cool.gif

It seems like we needed a Morrowind-specific thread. One former and one current character from Lopov and one from Vital.

Anyhow, I hope this thread will be active and enjoyed and hopefully more will chime in smile.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Apr 23 2014, 11:20 AM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Lopov
post Apr 23 2014, 11:44 AM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

How long-lasting is Karl when compared to Lothran - did many years pass in his game? And does he ever leave Solstheim or is a permanent resident of the frozen island?

QUOTE(Vital @ Apr 23 2014, 11:21 AM) *

Makes me want to fire up morrowind again.. Anyway my most recent character is named Veldryn and he's a dunmer warrior that primarily utilises medium armour, long blade, marksman, alchemy and mysticism, among other things...He's about halfway through the MQ and is a member of house Redoran and the Fighter's Guild..

Maybe you should fire it up. wink.gif I really liked the main quest in MW, it took Haryon some in-game months to complete it. I've never done either House Redoran or the Fighter's Guild. In fact I was deciding whether to create a knight that'd join House Redoran or a ruthless assassin - in the end I decided for an assassin. emot-ninja1.gif

QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 23 2014, 12:19 PM) *

Anyhow, I hope this thread will be active and enjoyed and hopefully more will chime in smile.gif

I'll definitely write some stories from time to time, when I feel inspired enough. I'll probably keep them short most of the time. I wonder if Renee'll join us too... whistling.gif

This post has been edited by Lopov: Apr 23 2014, 11:47 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 23 2014, 11:51 AM
Post #7

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Apr 23 2014, 12:44 PM) *

How long-lasting is Karl when compared to Lothran - did many years pass in his game? And does he ever leave Solstheim or is a permanent resident of the frozen island?

Don´t know how many years, haven´t played since December and only a little then. He has gone back to Vvardenfell once or twice but only very, very briefly.

QUOTE(Lopov @ Apr 23 2014, 12:44 PM) *

I wonder if Renee'll join us too... whistling.gif

If she gets it for the PC so she can use more mods than I´ve ever even heard of then I think she will.. laugh.gif

And yeah, keep his updates coming smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Lopov
post Apr 23 2014, 12:56 PM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 23 2014, 12:51 PM) *

If she gets it for the PC so she can use more mods than I´ve ever even heard of then I think she will.. laugh.gif

I think that she'll able to play it more or less vanilla, as I do. smile.gif Funny, but I can play Morrowind almost mod-less to enjoy it, something I can't say for other TES games. mellow.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Burcanius Varo, a publican of the Varo Tradehouse in Vos, rolled his eyes when a familiar figure in glass armor came in. It was Varus Valgus, an extremely arrogant Imperial, that showed up in the tradehouse a few days ago, and frequented it ever since, most of the time at nights - to get a meal and a bed. Although Varus spent a lot of drakes in his inn, Burcanius couldn't forget the fact that he killed Smokey Morth, a fellow local, just because he got on his nerves. Not to mention that he always got in a conflict with another local, Hairan Mannanalit.

"Can we hurry this along?" said Hairan and angrily looked at Varus as he made his way to the bar.

"Out of my way, woman," shouted Varus and came to the bar. *1 "You there, I'd like to eat something. Give me some...ash yams. And a bottle of greef. And here's some gold for the bed."

Burcanius took his gold and took a bottle of greef from below the counter, yet couldn't help but notice that Varus was much more pale than usual.

"You're not feeling well, probably you have a common disease. You should visit the Imperial Cult..."

"Shut up and give me my food already! I'm feeling fine. Even better as yesterday. Mind your own business, innkeeper." *2

"You're pathetic," said Burcanius and handed him a plate of ash yams and a bottle of greef, decided that he'll charge higher prices from Varus from now on.

Taking the food with him, Varus went upstairs to his room. It wasn't the first time that somebody mentioned him "not feeling well" but he certainly didn't notice any changes. In fact, he felt better than before, because he felt less tired and more fit. *3 It all began when he had a fight with some strong man in a tomb not far from Vos. Varus rarely had to flee from a fight but if he didn't escape from that tomb, he'd already be dead. But when his wounds healed, he couldn't explain why, he felt more healthy than before.

There was something sinister about that man but Varus couldn't explain what. He didn't saw him well because it was very dark but there was something about his smile and his eyes that made Varus shiver when he remembered him. He ate his supper and then went to sleep, still thinking about the mysterious man from the tomb.

Just a distance away from Vos, in a hidden ancestral tomb, old vampire Calvario was licking his lips - he sure liked the blood of that young Imperial.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*1 and *2 - whenever Varus insults someone, I use a Taunt option. It's not always sucessful but sometimes it makes NPCs go mad at him.

*3 - Porphyric Hemophilia in Morrowind restores fatigue as opposed to later games, that's the explanation behind Varus feeling better than before.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 23 2014, 01:01 PM
Post #9

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Ooh, nice litte story there smile.gif New in Morrowind and already having fought a vampie laugh.gif

Don´t reckon him to be nicer once he´s fully transformed.. tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Lopov
post Apr 23 2014, 01:20 PM
Post #10

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 23 2014, 02:01 PM) *
Ooh, nice litte story there smile.gif New in Morrowind and already having fought a vampie laugh.gif

A coincidence, really. He followed an advice to "seek out tombs and mines to find valuables" and the first thing that he came across, was a vampire in a tomb. laugh.gif

Speaking of vampires in general, they seem ultra-rare in Morrowind. Except one lair, Haryon never found another one, yet he explored quite a lot of the land. I'm not sure if they are so little of them or he just didn't have any luck in finding them.

QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 23 2014, 02:01 PM) *
Don´t reckon him to be nicer once he´s fully transformed.. tongue.gif

Probably he'll get even worse. evillol.gif But not many people will talk to him afterwards so it should make for an interesting RP.

This post has been edited by Lopov: Apr 23 2014, 01:21 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 23 2014, 01:26 PM
Post #11

Paladin
Group Icon

Woot! Morrowind updates! And wonderful to see Lopov here. Varus the Vampire. . . does that have a nice ring to it? tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 23 2014, 01:29 PM
Post #12

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I think vampies are quite common in Morrowind... Seem to remember several clans originating from there but I may be wrong kvleft.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Lopov
post Apr 23 2014, 04:36 PM
Post #13

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Apr 23 2014, 02:26 PM) *
Woot! Morrowind updates! And wonderful to see Lopov here. Varus the Vampire. . . does that have a nice ring to it? tongue.gif

It sounds good indeed, I haven't thought of it until now. bigsmile.gif Now all he has to do, is to find a Vampiric Ring. And thanks for the welcome.

QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 23 2014, 02:29 PM) *
I think vampies are quite common in Morrowind... Seem to remember several clans originating from there but I may be wrong kvleft.gif

Yes, there are three clans, which means three lairs. There are probably some random vampires scattered across Vvardenfell but except one lair that belonged to one of the clans, I never found them elsewhere. Well, technically, this ancestral tomb has a vampire but there are also other undead around so it doesn't count strictly as a vampire lair.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Apr 23 2014, 05:35 PM
Post #14

Councilor
Group Icon

Morrowind updates! ohmy.gif

I have got to get around to firing this game up again...

Maybe a Breton, born under the Apprentice, a Sorcerer wielding a staff...

*shakes head*

Anyway...

Updates on two characters? Cool smile.gif

--------------------
A mind without purpose will walk in dark places
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 23 2014, 06:27 PM
Post #15

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 23 2014, 06:19 AM) *

I am enjoying the reads too. The only thing holding me back from finally starting Morrowind is the fact that I've got too many other games going on right now, and I need to 'resolve' some of these first. So it'll be good reading others experiences for MW.

Plus when I finally get around to MW, I know it's going to be an epic experience. I don't want to sandwich this experience between Oblivion, Skyrim, and Arena. panic.gif

mirocu: Hey come on friend, that's not fair! .. I wouldn't start Morrowind and just slam it full of mods. That's not my style.

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Apr 23 2014, 06:36 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 23 2014, 09:18 PM
Post #16

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Just kidding, Renee wink.gif And I totally get what you mean, those three games you have going are quite enough already and I suspect you also have other games going?

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Vital
post Apr 23 2014, 10:30 PM
Post #17

Mouth
Group Icon

Great update Lopov! biggrin.gif Varus is wonderfully evil tongue.gif and I love his interactions with the NPCs biggrin.gif

This really does make me wonder if I should fire up MW or Oblivion... Seeing as I already have an MW character, it might not be a bad option... I'm like Renee though, I'm trying to play nearly the whole TES series at once... laugh.gif

--------------------
I'll probably disappear for a minimum of 10 minutes after this post..
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 23 2014, 10:51 PM
Post #18

Ancient
Group Icon

Varus? Give me back my Legions! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 24 2014, 12:25 AM
Post #19

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Vital @ Apr 23 2014, 05:30 PM) *

This really does make me wonder if I should fire up MW or Oblivion...

Please do.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Apr 24 2014, 08:26 AM
Post #20

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Vital @ Apr 23 2014, 11:30 PM) *

Great update Lopov! biggrin.gif Varus is wonderfully evil tongue.gif and I love his interactions with the NPCs biggrin.gif

This really does make me wonder if I should fire up MW or Oblivion... Seeing as I already have an MW character, it might not be a bad option

Thanks. I'm looking forward to your character, I'm sure that you'll fire him up soon.

"I don't deal with the likes of you!" *1 Burcanius Varo encouraged himself and decided to refuse any further services to the arrogant Imperial when he wanted his breakfast. Surprisingly, Varus Valgus said nothing in return, but silently left the tradehouse.

"They'll get what they deserve...in time." For now he decided to leave Vos and levitate to Tel Mora - thanks to the levitating amulet which he received as a reward from Master Aryon's Guard Captain, he was able to cross the sea without getting wet.

Later he had his glass & chitin armor repaired at Radras' smithy, bought some chitin arrows at Berwen's tradehouse and returned to the mainland to search for some places to loot. He didn't find any, so he spent some time training his archery skills on peaceful Vvardenfell creatures *2 and on occasional hostile Dunmer.

In the evening he rented a room at the only tradehouse in Tel Mora, the Covenant, and went to sleep...he dreamt of a blonde maiden that was crying but her tears were red. Red as blood. And when he tasted them, they were salty, sharp with spice and savor. But maiden's face had changed, her skin grey-white, her hair turned black, and wreathed her head like twining snakes. *3

Varus couldn't see himself while dreaming but if he could, then he'd see his face changing - his skin was becoming grey-white, just as maiden's, his eyes got pale and two of his teeth were slowly changing, becoming longer and sharper...

An hour later a scream of fright was heard through the tradehouse. Natesse, a scout in charge of guarding the tradehouse, had no idea what was happening but the voice was clearly male, which meant that only the guest could be screaming. She heard a ruckus above her, right where the Imperial's room was located. In the next minute the Imperial came running down the stairs. He was hiding his face but just as he was about to leave the inn, he slowly turned to Natesse, and that's when she saw...

...a vampire!

The very same man who came to the inn this night, was now completely changed, and if it weren't for his distinctive long hair and glass armor, she wouldn't recognize him. Now his face was pale, lifeless, his eyes and lips as white as snow on Solstheim. He was sweating and breathing heavily, obviously being very, very scared.

"Aaaah! A vampire! Go away!" she shouted, hoping to alert other guests in case he attacked her. But this didn't happen. Eeven more scared and shocked than her, Varus rushed out of the inn and away from Tel Mora. While the vampire was fleeing, residents of Tel Mora heard yet another nerve-racking scream and then...
...everything...
...fell...
...silent.

*1 - Varo's disposition was 30 when Varus taunted him but for some reason it dropped to 12 in the morning, that's why he refused services, obviously.
*2 - one of the few mods which I use, pacifies most of the wildlife unless diseased.
*3 - this is a segment from the nightmare which you get before transforming to a vampire. If anyone's interested, here's the entire text.

--------------------
+Quote Post

23 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:52 AM