One of each [ 2 ] ** [33.33%]
Total Votes: 18
Guests cannot vote 
ghastley
post Jan 6 2014, 10:45 PM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

I think there's already been a thread that asked this, but not a poll.

The choice of adoptables is heavily biased towards Nords, as you'd expect in their own province, but how would you choose if you had more options?

I'm asking because I'm making an Elf Kids mod, and want to know others' opinions on the Skyrim adoptions. I'm not yet planning Khajiit or Argonian kids, as they'd need a lot more model work than the elves, but it could happen in the long run, after Orcs.

The WIP mod so far replaces Sophie and Alesan with Dark Elves, as each of those was added by Hearthfire, and makes more sense being Dunmer. The High Elf children are in the basement of the abandoned Thalmor Headquarters, and the Bosmers aren't done yet - location ideas wanted! I'd also like an opinion on whether the Bosmer kids should be shorter than the others. I didn't (yet?) make the Altmer kids taller; I'm assuming they just grow for a longer time. Skyrim's kids all being ten years old makes as much sense as Oblivion not having any.

My own starting vote was for Fleur's kids - she adopted Sofie the flower girl, and Lucia from Whiterun, since there are no Orc children, adoptable or otherwise - and I realised after voting that they're not the same race, being a Nord and an Imperial.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Jan 6 2014, 10:50 PM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 7 2014, 12:15 AM
Post #2

Ancient
Group Icon

For me it depends on the character. Some adopt one, some two, some none. So far it has only been Sophie and Lucia to get adopted by any of my characters though.

I don't think the race would really matter to any of my characters. They adopt based on their kid's stories, and their behavior. Alesan annoys me with the way he's always shoving my characters aside with is pot, so he's never getting adopted. Besides, he's got a job (such as it is), and he'll grow up to become a miner, the same as everyone else in Dawnstar. I don't think any of my characters have ever seen the Solitude boy. OTOH, Sophie and Lucia have such sad stories that I cannot help but feel for them. Especially Sophie, who is left to sleep in the snow. At least Alesan has the tavern floor to sleep on, and Solitude and Whiterun are warm.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Jan 7 2014, 12:17 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 7 2014, 02:53 AM
Post #3

Councilor
Group Icon

This depends on the character and which kids they meet in the game. I’d have to look up the races to be sure what race most of the kids are since they look pretty much the same. My orc married a Nord and adopted Sophie and Lucia. Mikke the Nord adopted Sophie and Alessan before she married Roggi. Rowan the Imperial and Vorstag adopted two boys from the orphanage, neither of them Nords.

If there were elf children I’m sure my elves would be more interested in families. Height variation would be neat. Hmm, a location for Bosmer orphans, maybe Riverwood? It has trees and Faendal might be looking out for them. I can’t think of another Bosmer with a house anywhere.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 7 2014, 04:12 PM
Post #4

Councilor
Group Icon

Dang, can't vote on the poll yet. I only have one (LHM has Lucia) but the poll asks for two or more in the 2nd and 3rd question!

It's okay. I'm sure one of my future chars will adopt

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jan 7 2014, 04:14 PM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

I can't vote either, but I haven't had a character adopt anyone yet.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jan 7 2014, 04:26 PM
Post #6

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Jan 7 2014, 10:12 AM) *

Dang, can't vote on the poll yet. I only have one (LHM has Lucia) but the poll asks for two or more in the 2nd and 3rd question!

It's okay. I'm sure one of my future chars will adopt

I didn't know that the poll function wouldn't let you answer only one question, or I'd have set them up differently. It also appears that I can't edit the poll to add the "don't have two" options now - but then again, I don't know if I got any chance to change it before there were any votes cast.

@Grits: Faendal's own home is a bit cramped, but I could add a shack somewhere close with a couple of bedrolls. There's space for one on the other side of the river, just to to check the CK for creature spawns, and figure out how to let the player know they're there - perhaps extra dialogue with Faendal.

Edit: And so I put a new shack over behind the tree with the "treasure chest". You can see it from the road along the opposite bank. Still working on installing appropriate clutter, and creating the forms for the kids themselves, and a new normal map for elf children. High-res head getting close, then I should be able to generate an object-space normal map from it, that will give them the brow ridges and cheekbone details.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Aug 31 2017, 02:42 PM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 26 2014, 02:55 PM
Post #7

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jan 7 2014, 10:26 AM) *

@Grits: Faendal's own home is a bit cramped, but I could add a shack somewhere close with a couple of bedrolls. There's space for one on the other side of the river, just to to check the CK for creature spawns, and figure out how to let the player know they're there - perhaps extra dialogue with Faendal.

Edit: And so I put a new shack over behind the tree with the "treasure chest". You can see it from the road along the opposite bank. Still working on installing appropriate clutter, and creating the forms for the kids themselves, and a new normal map for elf children. High-res head getting close, then I should be able to generate an object-space normal map from it, that will give them the brow ridges and cheekbone details.

I completely missed this until now! The shack is a great idea, and I love the brow ridges on the kids' heads. ghastley, this is great!

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 03:27 PM