Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

121 Pages V « < 74 75 76 77 78 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today in Cyrodiil, spoilers version, TES: 4 Oblivion character accounts & stories
macole
post Nov 30 2020, 08:09 AM
Post #1501

Mouth
Group Icon

20201129 I-SL Damsel in Distress
Next morning we found out that big feast was on schedule in a few days. Not overly fond of the food in the Shivering Iles we delay our departure to take part. Stuff our faces before lean times so to speak.

The feast over, we were making preparations to return to the Shivering Isles when it was noticed the number of Ayleid ruins we’ve visited did not match up with the number of statues collected. We’re one short. Maeva is going to stay here in Merendin to study her maps to figure out where we may have missed an Ayleid statue.

Casting the spell that takes us to the Midas Astral Gateway we use the gateway to return to our cellar room in Bliss. After settling in we walked over to The Choosy Beggar for food and drinks.

“Feache what’s bothering you? You’re not eating?” Kaleah asked with a look of concern in her eyes.

“Feels like my head exploded, guess I overdid it at the feast. I just need a couple drinks before attempting the food.”

A of couple unplanned days was spent in Bliss before I felt like traveling again. Travel was easy under a strangely beautiful overcast sky and we made good progress on our journey to the northeastern coast. Near the halfway point we come across an isolated altar where we find a Madness Bow Matrix and a Madness Cuirass Matrix. Those might be worth something to one of the smiths back in the Twin cities.

Continuing on we arrived at the coast. The little island where Turumerin operates the 19 Voids is now just a short walk across the water.

Arriving at the 19 Voids the meeting with Turumerin went better than I had feared. The expected battle for dominance between Turumerin and Kaleah was little more than a staring match with some fang baring, and talon flashing. Our defiant Kaleah, the succubus stood her ground against the larger, more powerful Daedra Seducer. With neither giving an inch this contest of wills went on for some time.

After several long minutes of watching the two Daedra glare at each other I interrupted their party to tell Turumerin that her sister, Teshekru had been released from soul gem captivity. Turumerin was thrilled to hear the good news.

Our rewarded was a Gear Hammer Replica.

Tired from the long trek to get here, we asked about lodging for the night. Giving us a strange weapon is one thing; providing a bed for the night is another thing all together.

Turumerin declared, “Because you have done me a great service I’ve allowed you and your companions to sit and rest here for awhile but the Apostate and that abomination (pointing to Pym) cannot sleep here.”

“What?”

Kaleah exploded and tried to leap across the bar to get at Turumerin. Pym and I caught her and it took everything we had to drag Kaleah out of the inn before an all out brawl started.

“Kaleah, what was that all about? Why did Turumerin called Pym an abomination?”

Kaleah turned away and refused to answer. The sound of teeth grinding was all the answer I was going to get.
Walking around the little island to cool off we noticed a painting propped up against the back wall. It appears to be an unfinished painting of a golden saint and a dark seducer in friendly repose. Most unusual.

An ever-burning beach bonfire provided warmth against the cool sea breeze allowing us to get a fairly good night’s sleep. The next morning instead of teleporting back Merendin it was decided to take a tour across the northern part of the Shivering Isles. Maybe we’ll find some action to help take the edge off of Kaleah dark mood.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 30 2020, 03:50 PM
Post #1502

Councilor
Group Icon

I've done that before; studied the map of Cyrodiil to find out where that last possible statue could be. In my case, I think I simply looked at areas of Lady Saga's map which looked less-explored than other areas. I also kept a Notepad page listing all the locations she'd discovered (ALL of them) which I still keep on my auxiliary computer.

Uh oh, the Jandaga craves more drink. Well we all know what happened the last time he got sloshed. wacko.gif

Shivering Isles looks crazily lovely as usual. Wow. Look at Tumurein. huh.gif She is stunning.

Are they doing vanilla or mod-added quests now? (I've never had a character go to SI).

Kahleah is the fiery one, yet Pym gets singled out. That's odd.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 30 2020, 08:20 PM
Post #1503

Paladin
Group Icon

Yes, that opening sky in Mania is pretty but rather ominous.

I'd agree that the meeting with Turumerin could have gone worse.

Pym the Abomination? I'm sure there's a story in there somewhere. . . .

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Dec 6 2020, 09:44 AM
Post #1504

Mouth
Group Icon

Renee - The 19 Voids is part of the Integration - Stranded Light mod. I too do not spend much time in the Shivering Isles. It’s a nice place to tour but the MQ is not my cup of tea. Personally I don’t like “man becomes god” stories. Secondly I don’t think it fits Jandaga’s story very well.

Acadian, Renee - Kaleah is very protective of Pym, very protective.

20201106 SI- Ebrocca

Next morning after devotions we began what was intended to be a leisurely tour of the northern Shivering Isles.

It wasn’t long before we came across an old Gnarl. Kaleah still riled up over Turumerin’s insults charged ahead to relieve her tensions. Poor old tree didn’t stand a chance and was soon reduced to kindling. Better the Gnarl than me, says I.

A little further on we discover three unusual statues on tall pedestals placed in a semi-circle around a stone brazier. They look ancient. Clean bones in the bowl posed a quandary. Where they from a sacrificial offering to whatever beasts the statues represented?

Kaleah mentions that the statues could be thousands of years old.

Just past the statues we discover a stone entryway. We enter Ebrocca, Fiele.

After avoiding a large Tortured Statue trap and fighting undead creatures we discover the body of a Dead Traveler. This Bosmer, apparent victim of the Tortured Statue trap was delivering a Love Letter from a young lady in Highcross to someone she calls Raybeam in Ebrocca. It doesn’t look like sender will never have her commitment ceremony.

Other than the where we entered there are two exits out of Fiele. One is a dead end the other leads to Ebrocca, Masse. With only one way to go we enter Masse.

Fighting undead and avoiding Hunger Statue traps we wind our way up a series of stairs. There’s another Dead Courier, this one an Argonian struck dead while delivering a Weathered Letter to a Clanfather Malifant, whoever that is. A large statue of Sheogorath at the top of the stairs awakens and strikes me with a powerful lightening blast. Severely injured, my Ladies, Kaleah and Pym catch me as I fall and drag me out of the trap’s line of fire.

Well now we know how the Dead Courier died. Once the healing spell does its job, we carefully pass the statue to find a locked door and a nearby chest. Luckily the chest contains a key we assume will open the door. It does and we enter Sepechra.

This room looks lived in. It is! It’s also a trap. The entrance gate slams shut behind me locking My Ladies out while Clanfather Ardwe Malifant attacks. The crazed crusader is formidable but his heretic robe offers no protection to my flaming blades. Twice!

Searching Sepechra yields some nice loot, a nice comfy bed, and three interesting books. The books and papers; Brief Journal, Letter Draft, and a Yellowed Copy along with the letters collected from the couriers give clues as to what is going on in Ebrocca.

We piece together a story of good intentions gone wrong. Clanfather Ardwe Malifant is building a family mausoleum dedicated to his recently departed mother (are those her bones on the slab over there). Unfortunately his chosen location in the Shivering Isles has driven him insane. He has become obsessed with adding traps and other deterrents. Sadly, there evidence of people arriving; relatives, architects, couriers, and other workmen but there is little to no evidence that anyone has left. Question is where is everyone?

Kaleah has an answer that sends shivers down our spines. “Don’t ya think there’re an awful lot of skeletal guardians running around the halls of this place?”

“That’s sick. Just the thought of sacrificing all your relatives to guard mummy’s err I mean mommy’s bones.”

Tired we turn our attention to the big bed we saw earlier. ”Big enough for three”, I said wishfully.

Two pair of steely eyes told me to find a soft spot on the stone floor. I just love the way they stick out their lower lips, cross their arms, and tap messages on the floor with their boots.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 6 2020, 07:33 PM
Post #1505

Paladin
Group Icon

A fun trip to the Shivering Isles. Interesting story inside that dungeon. And the poor Jandanga gets to sleep on the floor. After all, I imagine the ladies need extra room for Kaleah's wings.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 8 2020, 02:00 PM
Post #1506

Councilor
Group Icon

Has the Jandaga scaled down his party of followers? Vilja's going to be really jealous. embarrased.gif He's sleeping on the floor at the end. sleep.gif

It is interesting reading about Shivering Isles quests. They seem rather elaborate.

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Dec 9 2020, 07:03 AM
Post #1507

Mouth
Group Icon

20201208 SI- Ebrocca part 2
Morning came and I tugged at the soft, warm, velvet blanket that covered me. As I did Kaleah who had snuggled up against my back and had covered me with her wing instantly jumped up and yanked her wing free from my grasp.

“You looked cold laying there on the floor,” Kaleah stammered.

Pym was up and came over. Oh, the look on her face as she wagged her finger in Kaleah’s face.

“We took turns,” Kaleah added sheepishly.

“Thank you both for a very warm and restful night.” I’m thinking, do I need to get Vilja to keep an eye on those two.

After a bite to eat we go back to the entrance only to find the gate is locked shut. We’re trapped.

“Something bothers me. If the gate locked you out at first how did you get in?”

“Um, don’t know. After you defeated Malifant the gate must have opened briefly and whoosh here we are. We didn’t notice it shutting behind us,” Kaleah said.

A quick search of Sepechra yields three push blocks; one in each of the halls that flank the main room and one over the bed’s headboard. By testing we find the hallway push blocks control the gate. One opens the entrance and the other locks the gate. It’s nice to know how we can get out.

Curious as to what the wall push block above the bed does, I activated it. Well just call me ‘Cat’!

The floor at the foot of the bed opened up. I was about to say how lucky we were that no one was standing there when Pym jumped right on in.

Oh why not, Kaleah and I followed. Kaleah spread her wings and glided down to the bottom to join Pym while Unable to remember my Slow Fall spell, I made my way down by carefully jumping from ledge to ledge.

“Why didn’t you use your fae magic and float down with me?” Kaleah asked.

Not willing to admit my forgetfulness I said, “It doesn’t work as well going down. Look there’s a door at the end of this corridor.”

The door took us to Fiele, the chamber we started in when we first entered Ebrocca. We’re near the exit. My Ladies talk of leaving but I felt that there is more to this place and suggested exploring further.

Back in the Masse chamber we use the door we hadn’t opened. It takes us to the Dewane chamber. Along with the usual undead there are some curious traps in here.

We didn’t get far when the walls opened up on both sides to reveal hidden rooms. A skeleton guardian and a shamble attack us. A dead Wood Elf is laid out in one room. He carries a Sealed Correspondence which sheds more light on the actions of Clanfather Malifant.

The next area has a strange spectacle. Laid out in front of a large chest are Three Lovers, three skeletons holding each others' hands and with two bouquets of flowers nearby. More of Malifant’s relatives we imagine.

Further along we encounter a game of chance. There are two push blocks, one on either side of the corridor. Activating one reveals a treasure chest, the the other activates a potentially deadly dart trap. Choose wisely.

This little thing is an interesting trap. Push it to be showered with gold coins and a flawless diamond. Consider it payment for getting shot up with several darts. Collect over a 100 gold coin if you survive.

We continue on until we reach another door that leads to Descenia. A short corridor leads to a large empty room. It’s a dead end! My Ladies draw weapons and go into battle mode screaming at the ceiling. There’s nothing here I say and leave.

It takes awhile before my Ladies realize that I ‘m right and give up their search for the non-existent foe. They eventually catch up to me and we leave Ebrocca.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 9 2020, 10:58 PM
Post #1508

Paladin
Group Icon

Aww, the ladies kept Jandanga warm overnight.

Ebrocca sounds as crazy as I'd expect for a dungeon in the Shivering Isles!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Dec 12 2020, 07:12 AM
Post #1509

Mouth
Group Icon

20201211 SI- Ebrocca part 3
Well rested we left Ebrocca to continue our Shivering Isle sojourn.

A little ways northwest from where we left Ebrocca we discover a much larger ruin. The skeletons are patrolling grounds posed no real threat and we entered the ruins.

Odd how the place felt so familiar the moment we stepped inside. Maybe it was the way walls crumbled to reveal crypts guarded by skeletons and Decrepit Shambles.

“Ebrocca all over again,” Kaleah said.

Turning down one corridor we come to a room with shields stacked on shelves along the walls. A push block switch is partially obscured by one of the shields. Activating the switch causes a portion of a wall to collapse revealing a hidden door. Stepping through the door we find ourselves in a Crematorium.

Two skeletons attack. The first quickly crumbled in nothingness. The axe wielding Bregor the Cremator is a much tougher foe to deal with. With Bregor out of the way we searched the place to discover a scroll of operating instructions addressed to Clanfather Malifant.

What ya know, Kaleah is right. This is Ebrocca. You think we should have come this way first?

By reading the instruction we figured out how the crematorium works to produce ashen remains. Wonder what Malifant used the ashes for. He certainly wasn’t storing them in fancy boxes for mourners to view. Could it be to power his skeleton army?

A bit more investigating uncovered a key and Gilded Urn containing Din’s Ashes. That could be worth something to someone who collects oddities.

We left the crematorium to investigate the rest of Ebrocca, Descenia. Carefully we navigated the numerous floor traps that impeded our exploration until we came to hall with three push block switches. Activated a push block the floor opened beneath us and we fell into a room with a shamble.

It was pretty angry at us for disturbing its slumber. Seeing another push block I pushed it and we all fell to the floor below. Leaving the only home it ever knew caused the shamble to break up into pieces. We suffered just a few minor bruises easily cured with a minor heal spell.

Another push block and we fell into a large room that confirmed our suspicions that we were in Ebrocca, Descenia.

“Do we have to go through the whole mausoleum again just to get out?” Kaleah asked.

Looking up at the hole in the ceiling I thought a moment

“No, we don’t,” I declared. ” I am Telvanni Archmagister Emeritus, I know how to cast a spell!” His shout echoed throughout the empty halls of Ebrocca.

Taking Pym by the hand and while Kaleah flew up to the top I cast the Fae console magic to levitate to the top floor. With our feet firmly once again on the ground we proudly walked out of Ebrocca to greet the setting sun.
There’s a village nearby. Highcross I think it is. We’ll look for an inn there. The village turned out to be a group of small houses all locked up and shuttered for the night. With no inn available we wandered around the countryside until we found Frenzied Camp.

The campsite only had two bedrolls available. My Ladies quickly solved that problem. Staking their claims on the bedrolls they volunteered me for the first watch.

The night watch is taken very seriously. I may grouse about my Ladies getting the better bedding most of the time but as Turumerin of the 19 Voids indicated this is a very dangerous place for Kaleah and Pym.

Looking gently over his sleeping companions he recalls the pledge made long ago, “While the Jandaga breathes, no harm will come to those he calls family.”

This post has been edited by macole: Dec 12 2020, 07:13 AM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 12 2020, 03:01 PM
Post #1510

Paladin
Group Icon

Consolevitation magic! tongue.gif

Aww, what a touching thought at the end. And such a beautiful night sky in that last shot!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 18 2020, 02:40 PM
Post #1511

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Dec 12 2020, 09:01 AM) *

Is that what happened? Was wondering about this. laugh.gif

Creepy-looking place this mausoleum is. emot-ninja1.gif

It was pretty angry at us for disturbing its slumber. Seeing another push block I pushed it and we all fell to the floor below. Leaving the only home it ever knew caused the shamble to break up into pieces.

That's so rad. I love that part.

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Dec 19 2020, 04:17 AM
Post #1512

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Dec 18 2020, 07:40 AM) *

QUOTE(Acadian @ Dec 12 2020, 09:01 AM) *

Is that what happened? Was wondering about this. laugh.gif

Yep, that’s what happened. Remember the old Passwall spell in Arena or the Levitation spell in Daggerfall and Morrowind? TCL approximates the effects fairly well. Works best in 1st person mode. WARNING: Use sparingly to avoid quest breaking.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
macole
post Dec 19 2020, 08:11 AM
Post #1513

Mouth
Group Icon

20201218 I-Stranded Light
There were no incidents during the night. Midway through the night Kaleah got up to take the second watch. Everyone was up for the rising sun and soon we were on our way to Bliss. About half way there we stop to take in the scenic view of the New Sheoth.

Passing through Bliss we head straight over to Crucible located in the Dementia half of New Sheoth to find The Museum of Oddities run by Una Armina. Una pays us the finder’s fee for the Ring of Disrobing and Din’s Ashes. She then gives us a tour of the museum. Funny how she stops at empty display cases to mention how there used to be something there.

Next we stopped by Cutter’s Weapons to do something with the madness items taking up space and adding weight to our packs. Cutter convinced us to use the madness ore and matrix that we had enough ore to make something. I suggested she make us a pair of perfect madness gauntlets.

Oh what a mistake. Kaleah and Pym flinched when they saw the ugly thing. Agreeing with my Ladies the ugly gauntlets were sold back to Cutter.

Returning to Bliss we stopped by the Missing Pauldron find out what we could do with amber ore and matrix we have. Dumag gro-Bonk crafted a nice magical shield. It’s a bit large for Pym and Kaleah prefers her Skull shield but the magical amber shield looks so nice we’ll keep it the moment. Perhaps someone else would like to use it.

Shopping done we returned to the hidden cellar (mod: Integration - The Stranded Light) for the night. The next morning we took the Astral Gate back to Merendin

There’s a new painting on the wall. Wonder who that could be?

Checking in with Karashivuel we learn that the Daedric Seducer Teshekru has been released from the soul gem prison. The big Xivilai informed us that Teshekru is under constant observation until her trustworthiness is determined.

Kanaane doesn’t have much more to say about Teshreku other than her portrait of Teshekru now hangs on the entrance wall. The other Daedra in Merendin have similar attitude toward Teshekru; happy that she is free but wary of her presence.

It’s the two Khajiit Ohmes-raht ladies Jo’beala and Do’leandra that express the most immediate concerns. They’re worried about the way Teshekru looks at them. They’re afraid the term cat-food might take on a whole new meaning.

Strolling around Merendin we noticed a new bar had been setup in a back corner. That’s where we found Teshekru. Kaleah stood by, silently giving Teshekru the eye as I introduced ourselves and started a conversation with Teshekru.

Asking Teshekru how she likes life at Merendin, she replied, “Better than being trapped in a soul gem”.

She only had two serious complaints. One, she felt her every move was being watched. The other was about the job she was given. Just because she once worked for Sanquine the leaders of the Stranded Light immediately assumed she would be the perfect bartender serving fantastic cocktails.

She was curious to know why I rescued her. All I could say was that I thought it was the right thing to do. Teshekru expressed her appreciation for her rescue and her hope to be able to repay her debt someday.
As our conversation continued Teshekru mentioned, “I've heard how you've helped a little Ohmes-raht finding a new place to live, far away in Bruma.”

It was just the barest wisp of a plea for help in getting away from the confines of Merendin.

Curiously, after the initial posturing Kaleah’s attitude toward Teshekru was much more positive than her reaction to Turumerin back at the 19 Voids. When asked why, Kaleah replied, “Easy. Teshekru's gratitude appears genuine. She didn’t look at you like you were some plaything to be tossed in the waste heap when she’s done with you. And lastly unlike Turumerin, she didn’t have that ‘I want to eat your heart’ smell.”

Well that's good to know. Maybe I'll sleep a little easier now. It’s been a long day time to find a bed for the night.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 19 2020, 02:59 PM
Post #1514

Paladin
Group Icon

Cat food! laugh.gif

Nice to have a little appreciation from Teshekru - or at least what passes for appreciation from a Seducer.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Dec 27 2020, 08:22 AM
Post #1515

Mouth
Group Icon

20201227 VH-OVB Leyawiin Chapterhouse
“I found it! I found it!” Maeva shout excitedly awakening us from our slumber. During breakfast she eagerly told us how she had tracked down the missing Ayleid statue. She believes it to be in Wendir, an Ayleid ruin we passed by close enough to mark on our map but never entered.

Ah, we can investigate Wendir on our way to Chorrol but before we head north we need to take care of a few things down near Leyawiin. We left Merendin as soon as we could get our gear together.

Of course it was raining when we arriving at Leyawiin. The first thing we did was to turn in Countess Millona Umbranox’s warhammer to the first honest looking guard we saw. He just happened to be the Countess’s personal body guard. We were given a nice little sum of 1285 gold coins as a reward for finding the warhammer.

Our next objective was to inspect the new OVB Chapter House addition. Our first impression was rather disappointing. From the trap door located in my Leyawiin house we descended to a dark dank half flooded tunnel. Sloshing through the long flooded tunnel we finally came to a drier section that came to an end at a closed door.

Opening the door we entered the new OVB Leyawiin Chapter House. Yeah this looks more like it. Only thing is there’s no one here. We need to recruit some new members. That evening we mined the rumor mill and struck potential gold. The names J’Dato and Hits-His-Mark kept popping up. The two had left to explore the ruins of Fort Doublecross and have not returned.

Who knows when the two adventurers will return? We’re not willing to sit around here to find out so we’ll go find them. But, before doing that we quietly celebrated beginning of New Life Festival with the feast of Saturalia with a sharing of gifts, a roast prime rib of beast dinner, and several snifters of amaretto. Been a long time since I was last in Wayrest, it’s such a fun place at this time of year.

With the dawn of a new day and a clear head (sort of anyways) we made our way to Fort Doublecross. It wasn’t far from Leyawiin and wasn’t too difficult to find even with dense forest trying its best to conceal the doorway.

It wasn’t long after entering Fort Doublecross when we knew we were in big trouble in little china. The body of an Orc adventurer was a dead give a way. Being an OVB operation we had prepared ourselves for vampires. What we got was expected. Necromancers harassed us at every turn. Apria Donteius led an OOO contingent of necromancers and their undead forces against us.

A letter, a confession of sorts, to her brother in Wendelbek was found on Apria Donteius (OOO). In it she confides that the power she had gained from necromancy had not brought her the happiness she had sought. She seeks to meet with Master Valeth in hopes of reconciling her conflicting emotions.

Hmmm, I could be wrong but I believe we’ve been to Wendelbek. I’m pretty sure that Apria’s brother and Master Valeth are no longer capable to console her. Just in case we’re wrong, we could stop by Wendelbek and deliver the letter with our condolences.

Thick heavy timber double doors opened to the Battlemage Muster and another half dozen nasty necromancers. We barely survived their deadly lightening attacks and their life draining spells. One particularly tough necromancer named Zirinal T’rizathil (MOO) wore a very distinctive robe. Didn't do him much good though.

While looting the Battlemage Muster we discovered a Dwemer Music Box (Phitt's Artifacts). When activated it looks nice with a carrousel horse going around while it plays a wistful tune about rainbows.

At the end of the Battlemage Muster we found a trapdoor leading to the Fort Doublecross Caves. Of course there was another large contingent of necromancers to deal with. Once all the necromancers were eliminated and the area looted we realized we had hadn’t found the adventurers J’Dato and Hits-His-Mark we had come looking for.

Before going back to Leyawiin to confirm the location, we made one final search of Fort Doublecross. Eyes weary from the heavy fighting, the rooms of Fort Doublecross began look the same.

Passing through one room, I couldn’t see it but Maeva pointed to a corner of the wall and mentioned how odd it looks. As we approach the spot in the wall where Maeva is pointing the stone parts to reveal a hidden passage way.

You know, it’s situations like this when I think the Cute Elves see little arrows pointing the way.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 27 2020, 04:34 PM
Post #1516

Paladin
Group Icon

Isn't that the way?!? One adventure spawns several more and you find yourself in another county before you can get back to your original quest. Oh well, we'll eventually get to that last Ayleid Statue. tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 28 2020, 05:05 PM
Post #1517

Councilor
Group Icon

Hey, how are you getting holidays into your game? Well. I assume that's what you mean by Festival of Life... that would be cool to have in my Cyrodiil as well.

My blonde archer Lady Saga was just in Fort Doublecross. Missed her by *that* much. laugh.gif

Who is that pale elf in the Umbranox hammer pic?

Off-topic, but do you have MMM in your game? I finally learned how to use Wrye Bash, and my gosh it made a huge difference for MMM. Seeing all sorts of *new* creatures and features which a simple manual install did not capture all these years.

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Dec 28 2020, 08:01 PM
Post #1518

Mouth
Group Icon

Acadian: Yes it is. That’s why my game never seems to end.

Renee: 1. As with most things TES; Daggerfall is my reference. The Daggerfall calendar shows many dates of importance and I use it to inject holidays. Holidays are one of the many things missing from the latter games. Clicking on the date in the colored days will take you to a description of the holiday.
2. Lady Saga was there, sorry I missed her. Come to think of it, I wondered why Kaleah was dilly-dallying on our way to Fort Doublecross. She can be quite possessive at times, you know.
3.The Pale Elf is Pym, one of my companions.
4.MMM is great with OOO and I’ve used that combination for years. In 2017 I added MOO to the mix and found that combination to be over kill and took MMM out. Not to say the three didn’t work well together just that fighting MMM Yetis at level 3 was a bit much. Couple years later I was wishing I had left MMM in. On a side note: I’ve never had the courage to install FCOM.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
macole
post Dec 31 2020, 09:00 AM
Post #1519

Mouth
Group Icon

20201231 VH-OVB Leyawiin Chapterhouse
Passing through the opening in the stone we enter the newly revealed arm of the cave. The tunnel leads us to a marble door of Ayleid origins. A short ways into the Buried Ayleid Ruin we come to a T-shaped intersection. As we decide whether to go left or right an image of a Deranged Vampire appears before us.

“Another little toy, so soon! Does it speak? Does it want to play? Does it... bleed?” the vampire asks.

When we refuse to play the Deranged Vampire says, “Well, suit yourself but I think you'll find your options are... limited.”

The image of the deranged vampire disappears. On the balcony looking down on us we could see the vampire. It turns and walks away. Was the image that stood before us just a projection while the real vampire stood safely on the balcony in front of us?

That really doesn’t matter. What matters is what he said “another little toy”. It sounds like this Deranged Vampire is holding the two adventurers captive somewhere within the Buried Ayleid Ruin. We could use a Fae spell TCLevitate to reach the balcony and give chase but we risk not finding something useful by doing so. We decide to chase down the vile creature by taking a more mundane path.

Left or right, which way do we go? One direction is a dead end while the other leads to a maze like room which appears promising. We go down into the maze, avoid the Dark Welkynd Stone trap, find a push block, and active it.

Back up the staircase we go to find a concealed door way has been opened revealing a long tunnel. The tunnel, complete with a dart trap and three swinging blade traps leads us to an empty room with a blood stained floor. Walking over to investigate the blood stain activates the floor and it shoots straight up.

It’s an elevator to the second floor! Thank the Goddess we weren’t smashed against a roof. We quickly hop of just as the elevator falls back down to the floor below. Inching around the gaping hole in the floor we made our way to an open doorway.

Proceeding through the doorway and down a long hallway we come to a stop in front of a strange Welkynd stone.
“Don’t touch it!” Kaleah says. “It’s a trap.”

The voice of the deranged vampire reverberates throughout the chamber.

“Good, I see you made it. Just in time as well. I've been trying to decide which of these little flies to kill first since they so rudely won't decide it themselves. But now that you're here, why don't you decide for us eh? Choose who dies and I'll even let you walk away, let it not be said that I am not generous.”

We refuse to play his game. If at all possible, our intentions are to rescue both adventurers. There’s a scream. Looking down in the direction of the scream we could see a prone figure laying very still on the ground. Looking down on the other side of the podium we see one of the prisoners standing in a cage. The cage bars are beginning to lower. With no hesitation we jump down to defend the surviving prisoner.

The vampire flees up a set of stairs and into a dark room. We give chase and run head long into a trap. Two Dark Welkynd Stone traps strike me with massive bolts of lightning. As things begin to go dark My Ladies quickly drag me out of the room to recover.

Dang, this ain’t no disco! We need heal up and get prepared. Putting on two rings and an amulet to provide immunity to the lightning, and by casting detect living so we can see the vile creature; we’re now ready to take on this deranged vampire.

With his advantages neutralized he didn’t last long.

When it was all over we asked the Khajiit monk if he would care to join our cause.

“I pledge the life you saved to the Order and avenge the life of Hits-His-Mark!” J’Dato replied.

We escort J’Dato back to Leyawiin and show him his new quarters. He wastes no time in making himself at home. The Order of the Virtuous Blood now has its first Leyawiin operative.

Feeling the need for food and rest, we left him alone practicing his hand-to-hand skills.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 31 2020, 05:07 PM
Post #1520

Councilor
Group Icon

Pym is the shy one, right? Or ... much quieter than Kaleah, at least.

I agree about MOO + MMM.... it's just too much with the enemies, and I even prefer MMM's Vanilla Spawn esp. I don't want every moment of travel to be packed with yet another encounter... that gets old quick. panic.gif Well, I still use MOO, but I don't use it to add enemies. Only make vampires take sun damage and a couple other features.

Okay, so you have a look at UESP to get those holidays. smile.gif I'm pretty good at scripting nowadays (as long as it's not overly complicated). I bet I could make a mod which introduces messages into the game, so that only on certain days will a messagebox appear saying "Today is New Life Day!" or whatever. But maybe not. Ha. So little time.... I definitely think this is possible though.

Today's Ayleid ruin pics are spectacular. I just switched from Lady Saga to Renee Gade III, and she's the one who was doing OVB a couple years' back. Maybe she will see if there are any Order quests which still need doing. Jandaga's story has inspired me!

--------------------
+Quote Post

121 Pages V « < 74 75 76 77 78 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:53 PM