Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2006-05-12 - New Official mod coming soon?
stargelman
post May 12 2006, 11:50 AM
Post #1

Senor Snore
Group Icon

For the Elder Scrolls fan, this year's E3 did not look all that interesting. Until now. Xbox.com talked to Ashley Cheng about a new official mod with a fascinating theme: a massive cave filled with pirate goodness! According to the article, you'll be able to become a pirate captain and plunder!

Seems this one will be much bigger than the previous ones, and they also say they want to do something about the pricing. Yarr, matey, arrrr! Gotta find me some loot!

Xbox.com interview with Ashley Cheng on a new official mod

--------------------
Being good means getting better.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
HyPN0
post May 12 2006, 01:03 PM
Post #2

Knower
Group Icon

ARGhhhhh YA SEA DOGS!!!!
Who wants to be a pirate? We have barrels or Rum!!!

Seriulsy, I think it wouldn't be that good as many people expect. It will be only one quest, and something tells me it will be a short one. I would recommend to everyone not to raise their hopes high. It sounds like a good commercial to me, but how will it be done.....I'm skeptic dry.gif

I wonder what do they mean under ''plunder''. Plaunder what? Towns? Islands? Anyway something tells me it will become boring very shortly.

I'm sorry I have such a negative attitude, but i think that it will be a more ''eye-candy'' mod, than a good mod in terms of gameplay.

Oh, and i'm curius: What do they mean when they say: "We're really trying some different things on the pricing"?

Diffrent.....how unspecific. Higher Prices? Lower Prices? Will we actualy get FREE mods we all so whine about (slim chance of that happening)?

--------------------
''Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.''
- Albert Einstein

''One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics, is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.''
- Plato

user posted image
+Quote Post
Joryn
post May 12 2006, 01:47 PM
Post #3

Agent

Well its certainly getting closer to what I want to see in mods. The horse armour and orrery were pretty useless. While the wizards tower wasnt useless, it certainly wasnt that exciting. Im hoping for less brand new features and more exciting gameplay.

Unless they are planning on releasing some cool questlines of some kind, Ill save the excitement until after its brought and played. And just for the record I think pirates suck. Still maybe Ill be able to just blow em up. evillol.gif

--------------------
Faith, Law, and Justice. Walk on

Joryn - Lvl 40 Dunmer Mage born under the Mage.
+Quote Post
Olav
post May 12 2006, 01:49 PM
Post #4

Knower
Group Icon

Interesting interview there. Seems they'll keep releasing mods, and even better, expansion packs. I'm hoping for some great expansions for Oblivion, like making a few of the provinces bordering Cyrodiil playable... smile.gif Wishful thinking I know, but that would be great.

Anyway this 'pirate mod' sounds a bit interesting as well, being able to own a huge cave and a pirate ship and your own crew. Will be interesting to see if we can actually use this for something, like taking the ship to other ports, and order the crew to do stuff.

--------------------
Do not take me for a conjurer of cheap tricks!

Gandalf
+Quote Post
Joryn
post May 12 2006, 01:58 PM
Post #5

Agent

QUOTE(Olav @ May 12 2006, 12:49 PM)
Interesting interview there. Seems they'll keep releasing mods, and even better, expansion packs. I'm hoping for some great expansions for Oblivion, like making a few of the provinces bordering Cyrodiil playable...  smile.gif Wishful thinking I know, but that would be great.

100% agreeage.

Id gladly pay good money as long as I was getting some few hours extra play time. Not counting the replaying.

--------------------
Faith, Law, and Justice. Walk on

Joryn - Lvl 40 Dunmer Mage born under the Mage.
+Quote Post
The Klise
post May 12 2006, 02:51 PM
Post #6

Retainer

Not a bad idea for the ambitious modders out there. It would no doubt take a rather large community, but perhaps some of you could create mods for all the other provinces of Tamriel. I'm afraid I have no modding experience, and little Elder Scrolls experience, for that matter. I need to upgrade my computer so I can play the PC version as well as the 360. I'm missing out on so many interesting mods that developers have already been producing.
+Quote Post
Akul
post May 12 2006, 10:29 PM
Post #7

Retainer

I just hope that this time programers will do something. It is obviuous that first three mods have been done by graphic designers as there is nothing but decorating. The reason for that is very simple: programers worked on patch. Once the patch is done, we could hope that the mod-making team will get those programers. Hope dies the last!
+Quote Post
Olav
post May 13 2006, 01:05 AM
Post #8

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(The Klise @ May 12 2006, 03:51 PM)
Not a bad idea for the ambitious modders out there. It would no doubt take a rather large community, but perhaps some of you could create mods for all the other provinces of Tamriel.

Actually I've heard that a group of talented modders are already working on making the province of Morrowind playable in Oblivion. Apparently they have been working on it since long before Oblivion was released! I can't remember the name of the mod, but I've seen screenshots. Can anyone help with a link?

Imagine experiencing the characteristic towns, the Red Mountain, the deserts and the blight storms in Oblivion! I'm very happy that the modding community is so large for TES games, and I'm sure that the Oblivion we're playing now is merely an intro of what we're about to see in the future.

If the devs would create additional code to supplement the great mods with quests, dialogue, etc. that would be awesome, but again, more wishful thinking I guess... smile.gif

--------------------

Gandalf
+Quote Post
HyPN0
post May 13 2006, 10:56 AM
Post #9

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Olav @ May 13 2006, 02:05 AM)
Actually I've heard that a group of talented modders are already working on making the province of Morrowind playable in Oblivion. Apparently they have been working on it since long before Oblivion was released! I can't remember the name of the mod, but I've seen screenshots. Can anyone help with a link?

http://www.vvardenfell.org

smile.gif

--------------------
''Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.''
- Albert Einstein

''One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics, is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.''
- Plato

user posted image
+Quote Post
Olav
post May 13 2006, 11:08 AM
Post #10

Knower
Group Icon

Thanks. I don't think that was the one I've seen earlier, but they had a link to the one I meant:

http://www.silgrad.com/cpo/news/

--------------------

Gandalf
+Quote Post
HyPN0
post May 13 2006, 11:21 AM
Post #11

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Olav @ May 13 2006, 12:08 PM)
Thanks. I don't think that was the one I've seen earlier, but they had a link to the one I meant:

http://www.silgrad.com/cpo/news/

QUOTE(Vvardenfell.org)
''This mod is going to connect to and be compatible with Blacklight, Silgrad Tower, Velothi Mts. and possibly other Morrowind styled mods for TES IV: Oblivion.''

How I understand it, guys from Vvardenfell will try to recreate the whole area we had in TES3. But guys at Silgrad will try to create the area outside the Vvardenfell island (which will be something we never saw). Silgrad has already released the Reich Parkeep alpha. smile.gif

--------------------
- Albert Einstein

- Plato

user posted image
+Quote Post
ThePerson98
post May 13 2006, 06:17 PM
Post #12

Finder
Group Icon

With how much they hyped oblivions release, and how little they actually gave (Its still a great game, I love it, but they hyped it up a ton). So careful you all, and dont fall into the trap of "I MUST GET THIS NOW!" thing they like doing.

With me, Im not paying for mods, and I respect bethesda too much to get it illegally. Anyway, user made mods always seem more fun than official ones.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Olav
post May 13 2006, 06:30 PM
Post #13

Knower
Group Icon

Since Oblivion contains high detail mesh/textures for the surrounding provinces (at least the areas visible on the map) I do hope they'll release expansion packs for some of these in the future.

But better yet, since the scenery is already in it's free for modders to create quests, cities etc. in this already existing landscape. I'm positive we'll get lots of great mods - official and unofficial - in the future... smile.gif

--------------------

Gandalf
+Quote Post
Silmarillion=??
post Dec 12 2006, 09:36 AM
Post #14

Agent

Hi, i hope the modd wil be free,and and i hope >I can download it,becaus i cant by or download thing on the Morrowind /&Oblivion nett sith.Im livin in Norway ;P soo i cant down load it ;P kvright.gif wacko.gif

--------------------
And Then There Was Silence

P.S. Nords are from Norway
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.
+Quote Post
stargelman
post Dec 12 2006, 09:55 AM
Post #15

Senor Snore
Group Icon

QUOTE(Silmarillion=?? @ Dec 12 2006, 09:36 AM) *

Hi, i hope the modd wil be free,and and i hope >I can download it,becaus i cant by or download thing on the Morrowind /&Oblivion nett sith.Im livin in Norway ;P soo i cant down load it ;P kvright.gif wacko.gif

It's been out for ages and it is not free.

http://obliviondownloads.com/StoreCatalog_...SubCategoryId=1

IMHO, it's not especially good, either.

--------------------
Being good means getting better.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:33 AM