79 Pages V « < 57 58 59 60 61 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Commonwealth Gallery!, A Fallout 4 screenshot thread
Kane
post Feb 5 2019, 01:48 PM
Post #1161

Master
Group Icon

The only other issue you can get with walling settlements is that some settlements have enemy spawn points smack dab in the middle of them.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 5 2019, 10:36 PM
Post #1162

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 4 2019, 08:20 PM) *

QUOTE(Kane @ Feb 4 2019, 07:56 AM) *

The sky looks ominous and awesome in Sundown.

Hancock has a nose!

I love that little tea party!

There is a lot that goes into the way the game decides if a settlement gets attacked or not. A low defense rating definitely ups the chances, so does a high amount of food. What I do is put a wall around every settlement, plus 4 or 5 gun turrets around the only opening in it (you need a place for caravans to come in). I also use the console to arm all the settlers with the best guns I can get, usually combat rifles or assault rifles. Then when the raiders do come (or mutants, or whatever), they get a big surprise. To make this easier, I saved all my settlements defenses with Transfer Settlements. That way I can use it to automatically construct them with other characters.

I also use the console command coc to automatically teleport to the settlement being attacked. That gets me immediately there with no time passing in the game. Helpful if you are in Far Harbor or Nuka World when a Commonwealth settlement is attacked.

I haven't heard of Transfer Settlements before; is that a mod? I'll have to look it up.

I'll also have to make a list of the Settlements as I get them and keep it nearby. I know Sanctuary is coc Sanctuaryext; but that is the only one I know.

From what I heard, if you fast travel to the Settlements being attacked (it pulls the enemy into the spawn point inside the Settlement). Does using the coc command bypass that? That would be Awesome!

I was seriously considering putting the spawn point outside the North Bridge gate for Sanctuary; that would make me have to walk in (but keep the enemies outside of the walls, lol).

I definitely love the idea of giving them great guns and armor; and was planning to just stock the houses with the items thinking they would take whatever they needed. If you have to use the console to arm and armor them ... how do you do it? Is it like the

"player.additem"

command only using the base ID of each Settler instead of "player?"

And do they equip them or do you have to command them to equip them? (and if so; what is that console command?).

I was very excited about making the Settlements until I learned how long I had to be responsible for their survival/that it would be on a continuing basis throughout the remainder of the game. I mean, I was even excited that you would help everyone get on their feet; I expected that = but I thought that once everything was running smoothly = be able to move onto the next one; then maybe connect the two for sharing of supplies; etc. (and that it would be a nice friendly town you had a house at and could drop in on whenever you wanted). I just never realized how far Bethesda was going to carry the player's role out in this.

(which is why I've been hesitant to act on actually starting the settlement).

I really appreciate these tips; because I've kind of been in limbo with not moving forward on Sanctuary or the main quest line since I found out all this about how the Settlements actually work (vs how I thought they would, lol).

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Feb 5 2019, 10:41 PM
Post #1163

Master
Group Icon

An easy solution might be to place a fast travel mat right on the bridge. If you have the DLC, its an option under resources, I think.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 5 2019, 10:47 PM
Post #1164

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Feb 5 2019, 07:48 AM) *

The only other issue you can get with walling settlements is that some settlements have enemy spawn points smack dab in the middle of them.

Yeah, or even when they don't the enemies get pulled in when the Player spawns in. I'm still trying to figure out how Carla and her brahman keep getting in = although I do want them in there; I am not trying to keep her out. But if she can get in with that big brahman, then I'm sure the enemies can, lol.

QUOTE(Kane @ Feb 5 2019, 04:41 PM) *

An easy solution might be to place a fast travel mat right on the bridge. If you have the DLC, its an option under resources, I think.

Some kind of recall marker thing? I haven't seen that yet!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 6 2019, 12:00 AM
Post #1165

Ancient
Group Icon

Transfer Settlements is a mod. It requires F4SE. Sadly both are things you have to update every time Bethesda puts out one of their stupid Creation Club patches, as the CC always breaks them. It allows you to create a blueprint of any settlement you have built up. You can import those into other character's games, to instantly recreate them. There are a ton of blueprints on the Nexus. But most are too grandiose for me.

I have only had trouble with raiders spawning inside the walls at Sanctuary. Some of them seem to spawn inside one of the houses in the back (the first one Codsworth takes you to when you go bug killing with him). Put a couple of turrets with a clear line of fire on the front door, and that is taken care of.

I tried putting a door in my settlement walls to let the traders in. But their Brahmin won't fit through them. So I just leave a single open space. Most settlements will have a burned out campfire somewhere. That is where the traders will stop and linger. So I try to put the entrance next to that. Then just concentrate your gun turrets there, as that is where the raiders will all eventually be funneled (as it is the only way they can attack the settlement).

I made a list of all the coc locations, like SanctuaryExt, and keep that on a paper by my PC. You can find the cell names on their respective pages on the The Wikia.

I think you can usually talk to the people in the settlements allied to you, and it will bring up an option to trade items with them. You can give them guns and ammo that way. They don't seem to equip any armor you give them. Fallout 3 and NV have gotten me in the habit of just using the console. Open it, click on the settler to select them, and type in

OpenActorContainer 1

That opens their inventory. You have to close the console to actually use it.

As soon as I get to Gun Nut at rank 4, every one of my settlers has either a combat rifle or assault rifle with all the best mods. You get xp for doing the work, and turn the settlements into awesome monster bashers. Most attacks on my settlements only last 5 or 10 seconds. Sometimes I never even have to fire a shot.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 6 2019, 02:30 AM
Post #1166

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 5 2019, 06:00 PM) *

Transfer Settlements is a mod. It requires F4SE. Sadly both are things you have to update every time Bethesda puts out one of their stupid Creation Club patches, as the CC always breaks them. It allows you to create a blueprint of any settlement you have built up. You can import those into other character's games, to instantly recreate them. There are a ton of blueprints on the Nexus. But most are too grandiose for me.

I have only had trouble with raiders spawning inside the walls at Sanctuary. Some of them seem to spawn inside one of the houses in the back (the first one Codsworth takes you to when you go bug killing with him). Put a couple of turrets with a clear line of fire on the front door, and that is taken care of.

I tried putting a door in my settlement walls to let the traders in. But their Brahmin won't fit through them. So I just leave a single open space. Most settlements will have a burned out campfire somewhere. That is where the traders will stop and linger. So I try to put the entrance next to that. Then just concentrate your gun turrets there, as that is where the raiders will all eventually be funneled (as it is the only way they can attack the settlement).

I made a list of all the coc locations, like SanctuaryExt, and keep that on a paper by my PC. You can find the cell names on their respective pages on the The Wikia.

I think you can usually talk to the people in the settlements allied to you, and it will bring up an option to trade items with them. You can give them guns and ammo that way. They don't seem to equip any armor you give them. Fallout 3 and NV have gotten me in the habit of just using the console. Open it, click on the settler to select them, and type in

OpenActorContainer 1

That opens their inventory. You have to close the console to actually use it.

As soon as I get to Gun Nut at rank 4, every one of my settlers has either a combat rifle or assault rifle with all the best mods. You get xp for doing the work, and turn the settlements into awesome monster bashers. Most attacks on my settlements only last 5 or 10 seconds. Sometimes I never even have to fire a shot.

That wall is gorgeous! I haven't seen that texture yet; it is beautiful!

These tips are tremendous; thank you so much! And especially thank you for the links! That is a huge help!

On the brahman backpacks not fitting through doors = believe it or not, Carla's brahman didn't fit through that huge electric gate I put in at Sanctuary because it had to step up to get onto that wooden bridge and those darn packs on its back would hook onto the gate as high as it was! I finally had to put a wooden floor on the road leading up to the wooden bridge so the brahman didn't have to step up right there under the bridge. That fixed the issue.

I do like playing with the in-game editor; but really wish they had expanded it to the point we could pick up the trash out of the houses at least.

Thank you for all this help; you really have made me feel better about actually starting up the Sanctuary Settlement as soon as I get one or the other finished (either the in-game version or my mod I've been making).

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 6 2019, 02:32 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 6 2019, 02:44 AM
Post #1167

Ancient
Group Icon

I think I got that wall from Homemaker. It adds a lot of the vanilla assets to the stuff you can construct in settlements. Things that should have been constructable from the start. That includes the Covenant style concrete walls and turret platforms.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Feb 6 2019, 06:53 PM
Post #1168

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 5 2019, 04:47 PM) *

Yep, I think it's at the far end of the Misc. section of resources. Wherever you place it is where you will fast travel to.

This post has been edited by Kane: Feb 6 2019, 06:53 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 8 2019, 02:03 AM
Post #1169

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 3 2019, 01:18 AM) *

What the... is that Hermit Crab alive? Is it stuck in that thing? I have to admit it looked kind of tasty poking out of that thing that called itself a "Lobster Grill!" - or did, until I saw that green thing in the (next to last) shot! Er...what is that? Gaaaaah!

One of the things (I actually noticed more in your screens than in game) was the blue sky; I was thrilled to see something other than the green sky of the previous Fallout games!

Great Shots!

The Hermit Crab is alive. Well it was before it met Tsuruhime... It uses the van as a shell, since it is the only thing big enough.

I so love that they left out that stupid green (Fallout 3) and orange (Fallout New Vegas) tint over everything. Those were such a pain to mod out.

Tsuruhime has a new suit of power armor

Slugging it out

The bigger they are...

She's got Vim

Captain Tsuruhime

She's going to need a bigger boat...

Doc Gnome

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 8 2019, 06:34 AM
Post #1170

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 5 2019, 08:44 PM) *

I think I got that wall from Homemaker. It adds a lot of the vanilla assets to the stuff you can construct in settlements. Things that should have been constructable from the start. That includes the Covenant style concrete walls and turret platforms.

Oh, thanks! I already have that mod on my list of "Wants" = I just put an asterisk in front of it after you said that wall came from it!

QUOTE(Kane @ Feb 6 2019, 12:53 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 5 2019, 04:47 PM) *

Yep, I think it's at the far end of the Misc. section of resources. Wherever you place it is where you will fast travel to.

Okay, thanks for the info!

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 7 2019, 08:03 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 3 2019, 01:18 AM) *

What the... is that Hermit Crab alive? Is it stuck in that thing? I have to admit it looked kind of tasty poking out of that thing that called itself a "Lobster Grill!" - or did, until I saw that green thing in the (next to last) shot! Er...what is that? Gaaaaah!

One of the things (I actually noticed more in your screens than in game) was the blue sky; I was thrilled to see something other than the green sky of the previous Fallout games!

Great Shots!

The Hermit Crab is alive. Well it was before it met Tsuruhime... It uses the van as a shell, since it is the only thing big enough.

I so love that they left out that stupid green (Fallout 3) and orange (Fallout New Vegas) tint over everything. Those were such a pain to mod out.

Tsuruhime has a new suit of power armor

Slugging it out

The bigger they are...

She's got Vim

Captain Tsuruhime

She's going to need a bigger boat...

Doc Gnome

Agreed, I hated that colored sky effect (but didn't know how to mod it out).

Oh, nice colored Power Armor! Did you paint it or is that how it was? Awesome!

I love that Captain's hat!

Bigger Boat = I always loved that line from Jaws! This is a really amazing shot; I'm dying to know what is going on here!

OH! I haven't seen a gnome yet in this game, didn't know they had them! That was one of my most collected items in Fallout 3 (second only to the Teddy Bear)!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Feb 8 2019, 01:38 PM
Post #1171

Master
Group Icon

That orange sky was one of the first things I modded out of New Vegas. Much nicer with clear skies.

I love Far Harbor. Can't wait to get back there with Elizabeth! [That's where the Vim! power armor (and gnomes) are from mALX.] smile.gif

Ominous Skies

Stormy Seas

This post has been edited by Kane: Feb 8 2019, 01:39 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 8 2019, 01:57 PM
Post #1172

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Feb 8 2019, 07:38 AM) *

That orange sky was one of the first things I modded out of New Vegas. Much nicer with clear skies.

I love Far Harbor. Can't wait to get back there with Elizabeth! [That's where the Vim! power armor (and gnomes) are from mALX.] smile.gif

Ominous Skies

Stormy Seas

How do you mod the sky? Is it "sky boxes?"

* Thanks for the tip about Far Harbor! I have it, just haven't found it yet.

Really great skyshots! The first kind of reminds me of Point Lookout with the swampy look! My favorite is the rough seas; I can even see a whitecap near the shore! Great shots!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Feb 8 2019, 02:03 PM
Post #1173

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 8 2019, 07:57 AM) *

I used a mod called Nevada Skies.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 8 2019, 03:41 PM
Post #1174

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Feb 8 2019, 08:03 AM) *

Thanks for the tip!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Feb 8 2019, 03:50 PM
Post #1175

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 8 2019, 09:41 AM) *

Thanks for the tip!

Quite welcome! Here is an example from when I had it installed: Blue Skies.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 8 2019, 05:17 PM
Post #1176

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Feb 8 2019, 09:50 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 8 2019, 09:41 AM) *

Thanks for the tip!

Quite welcome! Here is an example from when I had it installed: Blue Skies.

Oh, that is gorgeous!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Feb 10 2019, 01:56 AM
Post #1177

Master
Group Icon

Found the mother lode!

Swallowed by the marsh

Mass Fusion

Grounded

Airborne

Skyscrapered

This post has been edited by Kane: Feb 10 2019, 01:58 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 10 2019, 02:11 AM
Post #1178

Ancient
Group Icon

Wow, that is a very safe room.

I love that half-flooded town.

Great view of the Mass Fusion building in the mist.

Old Ironsides!

Those robots are not the best drivers...

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 13 2019, 04:01 AM
Post #1179

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Feb 9 2019, 07:56 PM) *

Holy Cow, is that the Constitution flying through the air in Airborne? And GAAAAH! Then crashing into skyscrapers? These are such great shots! I'm so glad we are getting to see your new PC's capability via these screens!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 14 2019, 11:08 PM
Post #1180

Ancient
Group Icon

mALX: The Vim powered armor is a standard T-51 with a special paintjob. It comes with the Far Harbor expansion. You find the armor with the paint job already on it in the Vim pop factory. It's a fictional soda pop company in Maine.

There are other companies with their own power armor paint schemes. There are ones for Abraxo and Sugar Bombs that I think are part of the vanilla game (though maybe it is from Automatron?). And there is a Nuka Cola power armor in the Nuka World dlc.

I kind of wish I knew what was going on in the Bigger Boat pic as well. Tsuruhime came across that boat with the burning oil in the water around it. There never was any explanation of how it came to be that way. But it sure looks cool!

I don't think there are many garden gnomes in the vanilla game. But I could be wrong. There are a lot of them in Far Harbor.

Naval Battle

Ribs

This movie is 200 years old and is still packing them in

Tsuru

Titanic

The Admiral

--------------------
+Quote Post

79 Pages V « < 57 58 59 60 61 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:29 AM