Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Oblivion Screenshot Thread
mALX
post Feb 11 2013, 05:06 PM
Post #41

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 11 2013, 10:52 AM) *

If you are talking about Lothran, he isn't a Drow. He is a Dunmer with beautiful platinum blonde hair.

Actually itīs pure snow white. A shade even whiter than platinum blonde wink.gif

It is beautiful in both color and style. I really like the care you have shown and your ideas behind them in Lothran, really well thought out! It makes it clear Lothran is important to you, (like Buffy is to Acadian, Maxical is to me, etc).

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 11 2013, 05:06 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 11 2013, 09:04 PM
Post #42

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 11 2013, 05:06 PM) *

It is beautiful in both color and style. I really like the care you have shown and your ideas behind them in Lothran, really well thought out! It makes it clear Lothran is important to you, (like Buffy is to Acadian, Maxical is to me, etc).

Thank you for your kind words! smile.gif

Yes, since Lothran is my only Oblivion character we have been through so much over the years and that means alot to me. I have connected with him in a way I didnīt think I would.
But I also feel a connection to dear Buffy in fact. She has a big heart in that small body of hers and I canīt help thinking about how such a fragile little creature can survive against all the necrodudes and vampires sheīs hunting. Good thing she majored in Illusion and Marksmanship happy.gif

This character of yours, Maxical. Can you post me a picture or two? smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Feb 11 2013, 09:12 PM
Post #43

Mouth
Group Icon

^ Nice one, mirocu. wub.gif It's Cyrodiil! In all its generic cookie-cutter glory! And I would not have it any other way!

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Feb 11 2013, 09:13 PM
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 11 2013, 09:13 PM
Post #44

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Feb 11 2013, 09:12 PM) *

:blush: Cyrodiil! In all its generic cookie-cutter glory! And I would not have it any other way!

Iīm with you, fellow generic-lover! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Lopov
post Feb 11 2013, 09:16 PM
Post #45

Master
Group Icon

Here are some shots of my character, Falador. Most of them are altered but I included some in colors as well.

Falador I
Falador II

At the shrine
By a campfire

The arrival
Sea strider
Shadowmere, Falador, Rebel

EDIT:
Nice shots, mirocu, Savior's hide suits Lothran very well.

This post has been edited by Lopov: Feb 11 2013, 09:17 PM

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 11 2013, 09:21 PM
Post #46

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 11 2013, 03:04 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 11 2013, 05:06 PM) *

Thank you for your kind words! smile.gif

Yes, since Lothran is my only Oblivion character we have been through so much over the years and that means alot to me. I have connected with him in a way I didnīt think I would.
But I also feel a connection to dear Buffy in fact. She has a big heart in that small body of hers and I canīt help thinking about how such a fragile little creature can survive against all the necrodudes and vampires sheīs hunting. Good thing she majored in Illusion and Marksmanship happy.gif

This character of yours, Maxical. Can you post me a picture or two? smile.gif

Maxical has been my character since 2006 when Oblivion first came out. And I fully agree with you about the connection!

Maxical

Another

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 11 2013, 09:24 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 11 2013, 09:31 PM
Post #47

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 11 2013, 09:21 PM) *

Maxical has been my character since 2006 when Oblivion first came out. And I fully agree with you about the connection!

Maxical
Another

For some reason I expected a guy! laugh.gif

Looks like a heavily modded character, even looks like her own race. Am I wrong here?

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Feb 11 2013, 09:37 PM
Post #48

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Feb 11 2013, 03:16 PM) *

This first one is particularly disturbing! ... Nice to finally put a face to all the madness!

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 11 2013, 03:21 PM) *

Is this one of those half-human half-Khahiit mods?

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Feb 11 2013, 09:37 PM
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 11 2013, 09:58 PM
Post #49

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 11 2013, 03:31 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 11 2013, 09:21 PM) *

Maxical
Another

For some reason I expected a guy! laugh.gif

Looks like a heavily modded character, even looks like her own race. Am I wrong here?

It is actually just one mod, a race mod called Kawa Khajiits. They overlaid Imperial features and Khajiit, then added some creative things (example, her ears move with her mood or when she is talking to someone, her tail is longer than the vanilla Khajiit tail and has more movement to it. She has her own voice for battle cries, and has head tracking - which I love).

Other than that, the only other thing modded on her is a voice mod so she speaks at different times in game. She speaks in a Scottish accent (The voice of "Annah of the Shadows" from Planescape Torment - Sheena Easton) and she sings/hums when she is walking around.

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Feb 11 2013, 03:37 PM) *

Is this one of those half-human half-Khahiit mods?

(same answer)

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 12 2013, 03:30 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Feb 11 2013, 10:43 PM
Post #50

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Feb 11 2013, 09:37 PM) *

This first one is particularly disturbing! ... Nice to finally put a face to all the madness!

I like to alter his shots because I think it suits his atmosphere better.

Although this sepia shots made him look much more scary as he is in fact. Without his hood and in normal daylight he looks like ordinary pale Bosmer with a blank look and dark circles under his eyes. But then again, it is almost impossible to see him without his hood, because he wears it all the time, except when going to sleep or when swimming.

This post has been edited by Lopov: Feb 11 2013, 10:44 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
flowerboom
post Feb 11 2013, 10:47 PM
Post #51

Agent

QUOTE(Lopov @ Feb 11 2013, 09:43 PM) *

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Feb 11 2013, 09:37 PM) *

I like to alter his shots because I think it suits his atmosphere better.

Although this sepia shots made him look much more scary as he is in fact. Without his hood and in normal daylight he looks like ordinary pale Bosmer with a blank look and dark circles under his eyes. But then again, it is almost impossible to see him without his hood, because he wears it all the time, except when going to sleep or when swimming.

Ahh , but what if your enemies know that ? An assassin should never be predictable smile.gif

You write well , and that strengthens the image he gives out . Sinster pictures are not enough for evil characters .
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Feb 11 2013, 10:50 PM
Post #52

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(flowerboom @ Feb 11 2013, 10:47 PM) *

Sinster pictures are not enough for evil characters .

I agree, that's why I didn't spend a lot of time when creating him. I was clicking on Randomize button until I was satisfied with the result and after a little tweaks that was it. As you said, it's not necessary for evil person to look evil on first sight and vice versa of course.

This post has been edited by Lopov: Feb 11 2013, 10:50 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
flowerboom
post Feb 11 2013, 11:00 PM
Post #53

Agent

QUOTE(Lopov @ Feb 11 2013, 09:50 PM) *

QUOTE(flowerboom @ Feb 11 2013, 10:47 PM) *

I agree, that's why I didn't spend a lot of time when creating him. I was clicking on Randomize button until I was satisfied with the result and after a little tweaks that was it. As you said, it's not necessary for evil person to look evil on first sight and vice versa of course.

Yes , its what they do that means something . I like how falador looks very vannil-ish ( not to mention delicious laugh.gif ) it makes him somehow more belivable . My characters are also quite plain , but i dont tend to be very good at character creation sad.gif

Its like with all these skyrim pics of "strong nord women" , and i read the stories and then the pics < insert sick here > they are in "armour" if thats what you want to call it . i call it a sports bra and a thong .

I am worried about how more and more so women are being degraded by players , its there choice of cource , but for the life of me i dont get the whole "Skimpy" thing . It makes women look weak-willed and shallow . For me the moment i see those pics my interest in the story just goes.

Like with falador , if all his pics displayed him in some "mod armour" that basically showed him naked bar the family gems , i would just skim over his stories because for me , those characters feel un - realistic , shallow , and entirely fake.

Yes its just my opinion on it .

+Quote Post
Lopov
post Feb 11 2013, 11:16 PM
Post #54

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(flowerboom @ Feb 11 2013, 11:00 PM) *

Its like with all these skyrim pics of "strong nord women" , and i read the stories and then the pics < insert sick here > they are in "armour" if thats what you want to call it . i call it a sports bra and a thong.

Me neither, I prefer most of the things vanilla and not too revealing, it doesn't make sense to go on a rampage in the snowy region wearing almost nothing. I admit I installed few facial mods but only because I had hard time creating young-looking characters.

Like with falador , if all his pics displayed him in some "mod armour" that basically showed him naked bar the family gems , i would just skim over his stories because for me , those characters feel un - realistic , shallow , and entirely fake.

Falador sees himself as ugly & repulsive, that's why he hides most of his body almost all the time, you'll never see him wearing any shirt with short sleeves / breeches and he usually wears his iron gauntlets all the time except when eating, reading or doing something where gauntlets would cause him troubles.

--------------------
+Quote Post
flowerboom
post Feb 11 2013, 11:23 PM
Post #55

Agent

QUOTE(Lopov @ Feb 11 2013, 10:16 PM) *

QUOTE(flowerboom @ Feb 11 2013, 11:00 PM) *

Its like with all these skyrim pics of "strong nord women" , and i read the stories and then the pics < insert sick here > they are in "armour" if thats what you want to call it . i call it a sports bra and a thong.

Me neither, I prefer most of the things vanilla and not too revealing, it doesn't make sense to go on a rampage in the snowy region wearing almost nothing. I admit I installed few facial mods but only because I had hard time creating young-looking characters.

Falador sees himself as ugly & repulsive, that's why he hides most of his body almost all the time, you'll never see him wearing any shirt with short sleeves / breeches and he usually wears his iron gauntlets all the time except when eating, reading or doing something where gauntlets would cause him troubles.

wub.gif seems im amoungst friends! Very few people have the same opinion on skimpy armour , but the simple fact is

a. its not lore- friendly

b . logisitcally impossible ( mentioned above)

c . how can it give any "protection?" amour isint there to look pretty worm! it there to do the job it was made to do.

I just think , given women play a big part in TES they are being increasingly undermined by this new batch of "skimpy mods" that are flourishing in the skyrim mod community . Its almost shameful and , quite frankly , dissapointing to see users lavish in their nudity and "girl power" . The women of skyrim do not care for this beauty , they are men at hearts and i love this so much , that is what a "Strong nord woman" means ! Not some flouncy model whoms only pass - time is how to get ulfric into bed! ( i literally found several threads devoted to cooking up ways to seduce ulfric and even *shudder* for them to get pregnant!)

This is just a bi - product of mods unfortunantly

I like the idea falador covers himself up , its cute! wub.gif

This post has been edited by flowerboom: Feb 11 2013, 11:24 PM
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 12 2013, 12:54 AM
Post #56

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(flowerboom @ Feb 11 2013, 05:23 PM) *

< insert sick here > they are in "armour" if thats what you want to call it . i call it a sports bra and a thong

Like with falador , if all his pics displayed him in some "mod armour" that basically showed him naked bar the family gems , i would just skim over his stories because for me , those characters feel shallow ,

I just think TES are being increasingly undermined by this new batch of "skimpy mods" Its shameful and dissapointing to see users lavish in their nudity.

Women are being degraded by players , the whole "Skimpy" thing makes women look weak-willed and shallow .

The women of skyrim are men at heart and i love this so much , that is what a "Strong nord woman" means!

Not some flouncy model whoms only pass - time is how to get ulfric into bed! ( i literally found several threads devoted to cooking up ways to seduce ulfric and even *shudder* for them to get pregnant!)

This is just a bi - product of mods unfortunantly

I like the idea falador covers himself up , its cute! wub.gif

* plays "Twisted Sister" *
* sprays "Obsession" *
* reads "The Warp in the West" *
* chews on a nut *
* removes soapbox found on forum *

The "Huntsman's Vest" which you referred to as a "Sports bra" is a vanilla article of clothing in Oblivion, not a mod. Therefore, it must be lore friendly.

http://www.tobias-nase.com/index.php?modul...loth&id=591

When you get on the internet, you are exposed to a diverse population whose beliefs may or may not match your own. Game forums are made up of modders and players whose individual preferences are based on their personal beliefs/cultures/environments.

This is an open minded forum that accepts others for what they are as we meet them. Stating your own preferences is fine, but downgrading other's choices or making extreme assumptions about them (and/or their characters) based on how their character is dressed, how they play their character, or the mods they use and posting these in numerous places is prejudicial soapboxing.

There are all different degrees of obsessions and fantasy, which you thoroughly demonstrated in your numerous posts on this subject.

In my years at this site I have never seen any characters/stories/mods/etc. that would have offended your sensibilities, but if they come they should not meet with prejudice on these forums.

We here at this site are a community of support for everyone.

My personal preference - when my character is dressed, she has clothes on. When she is not, she doesn't. Either way, her willpower stat remains the same.

As you were.

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 12 2013, 02:56 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 12 2013, 01:29 AM
Post #57

Paladin
Group Icon

I agree with mALX (always a wise idea).

I, likewise, know of no such large breasted flouncy models trying to bed everything by wearing a steel bikini and waving a sword. Perhaps you have this place confused with another forum? Or perhaps some mod download site? Wood elves may very well dress like their spriggan sisters of the forest, and I suppose Nordic warrior women may chose to wear something that fits the traditional view of melee armor. And mages might wear robes. Or any of these characters may simply enchant two or three baubles with enough armor rating to make a dragon wince and charge naked into battle with a massive and weightless bound sword that streams flames. At any rate, all of these characters are welcome here with open mind and open arms.

Given the dark themes that can be found in Oblivion if you search for them, it would seem that wardrobe choices make for a silly thing to rant about.

Wouldn't you agree? smile.gif

This post has been edited by Acadian: Feb 12 2013, 03:44 AM

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 12 2013, 04:41 AM
Post #58

Master
Group Icon

Since this is the Oblivion screen shot thread, here's Aravi from Oblivion. smile.gif

She looks very different in Skyrim.

Edit: Spots are sort of similar!

This post has been edited by King Coin: Feb 12 2013, 04:45 AM

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 12 2013, 04:46 AM
Post #59

Paladin
Group Icon

KC, it is wonderful to see the OB Aravi again!!! Woot! And, of course her transition to snow leopard of the north is fabulous as well. What a fantastic character Aravi is and I have loved her journey through Cyrodiil and up to Skyrim. happy.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 12 2013, 05:24 AM
Post #60

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Feb 11 2013, 10:41 PM) *

Since this is the Oblivion screen shot thread, here's Aravi from Oblivion. smile.gif

She looks very different in Skyrim.

Edit: Spots are sort of similar!

WOO HOO! Oblivion Aravi !!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post

104 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:34 PM