Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Everything Thread, Here you can post about anything you wantu
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 23 2017, 03:25 PM
Post #49541

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 23 2017, 08:28 AM) *

I have not given up on the Benelli completely. I will follow the debate and keep my ear to the ground. If rules change so that I can have more than four guns as a hunter without any issue and the threat against semis goes away, at least for this time around, I will get it.

Don't hold yer breath though... wink.gif

It's probably a good thing for your politicians that you guys don't have a lot of guns around. Not saying America is perfect but you guys seem to have a lot of dumb laws!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 23 2017, 03:35 PM
Post #49542

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 23 2017, 04:25 PM) *

It's probably a good thing for your politicians that you guys don't have a lot of guns around. Not saying America is perfect but you guys seem to have a lot of dumb laws!

I agree that not everyone should have guns but if you want to know who I'm thinking of, PM me.. wink.gif

What's really dumb is that someone like myself who is a trained and certified hunter, someone who doesn't have any kind of record (not even a parking ticket) is limited to four guns. If I was a genuine threat to anyone I shouldn't be allowed even one gun, or any knife, hammer, big stick etc etc. And with the strict control on one's history, current behaviour and storage of the guns, why would five guns be a no-no unless "specific needs"?

With regards to hunting, there are several calibers that you need in order to hunt even a select few species and you come up to four guns very fast. Two shotguns, a .30-ought and a .22LR do not cover very well. They are either too powerful or too weak. I may be able to get this gun on account of that but it's not a given.

But I can tell you one thing; I would not be any more of a threat to anyone with a fifth gun.

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Apr 23 2017, 03:36 PM
Post #49543

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 23 2017, 09:25 AM) *

You should see some of the Liberal/Democrat ruled areas they have gun laws that borderlines violation of the 2nd Amendment with Maryland, Chicago and New York having the worst of it, they've dang near banded the sells of AR-15's calling them weapons of war and as long as these states having both a Governor and State Federal Judges to back them up....This is why I love living in one of the "Free States" at least I can buy an AK-47 with 2 or more extended magazines and not have Big Brother looking over my shoulder or giving me the shame on you finger.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 23 2017, 04:05 PM
Post #49544

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Apr 23 2017, 09:36 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 23 2017, 09:25 AM) *

You should see some of the Liberal/Democrat ruled areas they have gun laws that borderlines violation of the 2nd Amendment with Maryland, Chicago and New York having the worst of it, they've dang near banded the sells of AR-15's calling them weapons of war and as long as these states having both a Governor and State Federal Judges to back them up....This is why I love living in one of the "Free States" at least I can buy an AK-47 with 2 or more extended magazines and not have Big Brother looking over my shoulder or giving me the shame on you finger.

This one is also going to point out that the murder rate in those places is very high. Khajiit thinks you could look at that a couple ways:
1. The gun laws have done nothing to curtail the violence.
2. How much worse would it be if the gun laws weren't in place.

Khajiit leans more towards 1, but 2 is a scary thought.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 23 2017, 04:08 PM
Post #49545

Spam Meister
Group Icon

This is interesting to talk about, but maybe we shouldn't delve much deeper into politics, guys... biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Apr 23 2017, 04:20 PM
Post #49546

Master
Group Icon

Combat Sambo? Combat Sambo.

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 23 2017, 04:22 PM
Post #49547

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Popped corn?

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Apr 23 2017, 04:46 PM
Post #49548

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 23 2017, 10:05 AM) *

2. How much worse would it be if the gun laws weren't in place.
...but 2 is a scary thought.

I don't think it'll be any different then living in a "Free State" there's always going to be some good things and bad things when it comes to weapons specially firearms wink.gif.

QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 23 2017, 10:08 AM) *

This is interesting to talk about, but maybe we shouldn't delve much deeper into politics, guys... biggrin.gif

Okay.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 23 2017, 04:53 PM
Post #49549

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Hey, I'm guilty too.... biggrin.gif

Off for now, see you guys in a bit!

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Apr 23 2017, 07:06 PM
Post #49550

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 23 2017, 10:53 AM) *

Hey, I'm guilty too.... biggrin.gif

I think that's why I enjoy these forums compared to the Bethesda ones, you're free to talk about some things here within reason of course as to the Bethesda forum where you really have to watch what you say.
biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Dark Reaper: Apr 23 2017, 07:07 PM

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 23 2017, 08:02 PM
Post #49551

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Youtube time!

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Apr 24 2017, 04:37 AM
Post #49552

Knower
Group Icon

If you live out in the wild then having guns makes sense to eradicate those pesky wildlife.

In the city having weapons makes little sense. But America has let their 'gun first' mentality go too far over so many years that nobody is willing to put their weapons down first for the fear of being unarmed.

Aussie comedian on gun control

Part Two

This post has been edited by Winter Wolf: Apr 24 2017, 04:49 AM

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 24 2017, 04:58 AM
Post #49553

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Apr 23 2017, 10:37 PM) *

If you live out in the wild then having guns makes sense to eradicate those pesky wildlife.

In the city having weapons makes little sense. But America has let their 'gun first' mentality go too far over so many years that nobody is willing to put their weapons down first for the fear of being unarmed.

Aussie comedian on gun control

Part Two

Could pesky wildlife include home invading criminal scum bags? Just the other week a teenager was home alone when 3 knife wielding hoodlums invaded his home. The boy was able to successfully defend his home with a rifle, killing all three of the dirt bags. Khajiit hates to think what might've happened if he hadn't had that rifle.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Apr 24 2017, 05:06 AM
Post #49554

Knower
Group Icon

I cannot speak for that example but we in Melbourne are having a lot of trouble with Sudanese youth car jacking and home invasion at the moment. So I do understand.

The problem, and I repeat, the problem is not solved with guns or gun control. The problem is the change to immigration laws and the break down of the middle class-social education from the past. That problem is not solved by adding more guns.

The politicians do not care. Here in Australia they are using immigration to drive the housing market and the building economy. The open market has let everything flood into this country. Good and bad. But it is a capitalism delusion to think that there is no other way.

Until that is addressed more home invasions and violence will take place. Guns will not solve anything.

And think about it- Is it any coincident that terrorism raises it head at the same time as the open market?

This post has been edited by Winter Wolf: Apr 24 2017, 05:23 AM

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 24 2017, 05:22 AM
Post #49555

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Apr 23 2017, 11:06 PM) *

I cannot speak for that example but we in Melbourne are having a lot of trouble with Sudanese youth car jacking and home invasion at the moment. So I do understand.

The problem, and I repeat, the problem is not solved with guns or gun control. The problem is the change to immigration laws and the break down of the middle class-social education from the past. That problem is not solved by adding more guns.

The politicians do not care. Here in Australia they are using immigration to drive the housing market and the building economy. The open market has let everything flood into this country. A capitalism delusion.

Until that is addressed more home invasions will take place. Guns will not solve anything.

Is it any coincident that terrorism raises it head at the same time as the open market?

As we are getting deep into politics now, Khajiit just wants to say that your ideas are reasonable. Perhaps one day we may put them to the test and we can use our guns solely for hunting and recreation (Khajiit and many other Americans find guns just so much fun to shoot!).

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Apr 24 2017, 05:44 AM
Post #49556

Knower
Group Icon

No problem! I will just remember to duck. biggrin.gif

It is a shame the way society has gone. Lincoln was a social democrat, not a free market capitalist. And yet that is the way all society has headed since the second world war. Oh well.... Tis the reason that I love gaming like Elder Scrolls and Fallout so much.

Escapism while the world collapses.

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 24 2017, 06:12 AM
Post #49557

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Apr 23 2017, 11:44 PM) *

No problem! I will just remember to duck. biggrin.gif

Lol, this one suspects you'll be safe from us crazy, gun toting Americans in Australia. Just keep an eye out for those deadly critters you guys have over there! wink.gif

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Apr 24 2017, 06:29 AM
Post #49558

Knower
Group Icon

Yeah- sharks are the worst. Every time I turn on the news another person has been killed in West Australia. It is insane over there. These days I stick to diving off the coast of Anvil. biggrin.gif

Some nice water breathing helms there....

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 24 2017, 06:38 AM
Post #49559

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Apr 24 2017, 12:29 AM) *

Yeah- sharks are the worst. Every time I turn on the news another person has been killed in West Australia. It is insane over there. These days I stick to diving off the coast of Anvil. biggrin.gif

Some nice water breathing helms there....

Anvil is Khajiit's favorite city in Oblivion!

Sorry to hear about the shark attacks. We get them here too sometimes; must be a terrible experience!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 24 2017, 07:06 PM
Post #49560

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Guns can be used for a variety of things. Pest control is just one thing... wink.gif

And yay! Got some Septims over after this month's bills have been paid! Mebbe I should seriously think about that gun safe now?? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post

3508 Pages V « < 2476 2477 2478 2479 2480 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
17 User(s) are reading this topic (17 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:20 PM