Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Everything Thread, Here you can post about anything you wantu
ghastley
post Apr 24 2017, 07:13 PM
Post #49561

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 24 2017, 01:38 AM) *

Sorry to hear about the shark attacks. We get them here too sometimes; must be a terrible experience!

I don't think we're in Kansas any more! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Apr 24 2017, 08:02 PM
Post #49562

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Apr 23 2017, 10:37 PM) *

In the city having weapons makes little sense. But America has let their 'gun first' mentality go too far over so many years that nobody is willing to put their weapons down first for the fear of being unarmed.

The main reason for America's gun culture is because our founding fathers knew what it took to maintain a free country from becoming tyrannical. We have it cause if the government was allow to come in our houses and take our weapons and maybe even imprison citizens then what's going to prevent the US government form becoming tyrannical. We have guns to keep our leader in check so in case of said tyrants take over we can rebel and re-establish a government that's for the people and not against it, also would you invade a country if you knew its citizens could fight back. I could get into this more but I shall honor Senpai Crow's wish on not diving to deep into politics here.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 24 2017, 08:11 PM
Post #49563

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Well, it's not so much because of me but forum rules wink.gif

You guys can always PM each other though smile.gif

Have Monday treated you good, Reaper?

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Apr 24 2017, 08:20 PM
Post #49564

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 24 2017, 02:11 PM) *

Have Monday treated you good, Reaper?

So far so good, I'm counting down till payday cause I might buy a Nintendo Switch...or I guess I could simply find a bush or tree and grab a free Switch and call it Nintendo biggrin.gif. Anyway how's Monday treating you.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 24 2017, 08:27 PM
Post #49565

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I'm guessing Zelda is what draws you to it? You think you'll like the system and how it's set up? smile.gif

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Apr 24 2017, 09:20 PM) *

Anyway how's Monday treating you.

I had payday today. Not work pay but welfare pay since I'm in this "program" thing that forces me to work for free. Sigh.
Well, prior to this I got pay for three years without having to work so I guess I can't complain. I don't think of it as welfare though, more like "tax returns" wink.gif

Anyway, got a fair bit of Septims over believe it or not so now I'm seriously thinking about that extra gun safe for the cottage! I'm even thinking about that S&W M&P40 CO2 replica smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 24 2017, 08:39 PM
Post #49566

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 24 2017, 01:06 PM) *

Guns can be used for a variety of things. Pest control is just one thing... wink.gif

And yay! Got some Septims over after this month's bills have been paid! Mebbe I should seriously think about that gun safe now?? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Sounds like a sound idea! You can store other valuables there too!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 24 2017, 08:41 PM
Post #49567

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Like all my good ideas? wink.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Apr 24 2017, 08:58 PM
Post #49568

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 24 2017, 02:27 PM) *

I'm guessing Zelda is what draws you to it? You think you'll like the system and how it's set up? smile.gif

Breath of the Wild is by far the BEST Zelda game Nintendo has ever made with A Link to the Past and A Link Between World coming in 2nd and 3rd. Even when I had it on the Wii U it still blew me away but since Nintendo's has done away with the Wii U and its accessory's I chose to sell the Wii U and wait till I'm able to upgrade to a Switch which I have to say is; WTH is it so expensive? It's about the same price as a PS4 Pro! not only that but its dang near impossible to find it in stores and you have to order it online! Nintendo might come up with good games but their marketing sucks.

This post has been edited by Dark Reaper: Apr 24 2017, 08:59 PM

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 24 2017, 08:59 PM
Post #49569

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Or maybe they are just making it hard and expensive to get so it creates a buzz/hype wink.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Apr 24 2017, 09:00 PM
Post #49570

Councilor
Group Icon

Family gathering at my aunt's yesterday. Wasn't hugged to death by my cousin, but I managed to hurt my back picking her up(I don't think I could've managed a more awkward method of picking her up, so it's all my own fault). Was still good fun though.

And my aunt has a dog now. A husky/golden retriever thing(I think that's what was mentioned).. He's something like nine months old, frigging enormous(not to mention a fluffball), and endlessly cheerful if yesterday was any indication. I am not a dog person, I am a cat person, so that wasn't great. Fortunately he was bright enough to take the hint and leave me alone, so that's something.

--------------------
A mind without purpose will walk in dark places
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 24 2017, 09:21 PM
Post #49571

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Apr 24 2017, 02:58 PM) *

Breath of the Wild is by far the BEST Zelda game Nintendo has ever made with A Link to the Past and A Link Between World coming in 2nd and 3rd. Even when I had it on the Wii U it still blew me away but since Nintendo's has done away with the Wii U and its accessory's I chose to sell the Wii U and wait till I'm able to upgrade to a Switch which I have to say is; WTH is it so expensive? It's about the same price as a PS4 Pro! not only that but its dang near impossible to find it in stores and you have to order it online! Nintendo might come up with good games but their marketing sucks.

What, Ocarina of Time is chopped liver?

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Apr 24 2017, 09:26 PM
Post #49572

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 24 2017, 02:59 PM) *

Or maybe they are just making it hard and expensive to get so it creates a buzz/hype wink.gif

That's not a bad tactic for launch but it's been 4 months now, time to be more productive Nintendo.

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 24 2017, 03:21 PM) *

OoT isn't to bad I liked the 3D remake, it's just not one of my faves. Also chopped liver---bleeech ! You're better off having a mouth full of coins then to eat that stuff.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Apr 24 2017, 09:49 PM
Post #49573

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 24 2017, 09:21 PM) *

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Apr 24 2017, 02:58 PM) *

I had a similar thought, I'm not gonna lie. Ocarina of Time is one of the greats.

This post has been edited by Callidus Thorn: Apr 24 2017, 09:51 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 24 2017, 10:15 PM
Post #49574

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Apr 24 2017, 03:26 PM) *

OoT isn't to bad I liked the 3D remake, it's just not one of my faves. Also chopped liver---bleeech ! You're better off having a mouth full of coins then to eat that stuff.

That's cool. We all have our preferences. Khajiit was just making sure you hadn't forgotten about OoT!

QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Apr 24 2017, 03:49 PM) *

I had a similar thought, I'm not gonna lie. Ocarina of Time is one of the greats.

Yeah it's in Khajiit's top 3 games of all time list, which itself is not ranked because this one loves each game equally for their own merits.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Apr 24 2017, 10:15 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Apr 24 2017, 10:22 PM
Post #49575

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 24 2017, 10:15 PM) *

Yeah it's in Khajiit's top 3 games of all time list, which itself is not ranked because this one loves each game equally for their own merits.

You've narrowed it down to top 3?

I doubt I could come up with anything less than a top 20, with a similar unranked setup! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 24 2017, 10:59 PM
Post #49576

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Apr 24 2017, 04:22 PM) *

I doubt I could come up with anything less than a top 20, with a similar unranked setup! laugh.gif

Ocarina of Time
Super Castlevania IV
TES3:Morrowind

Those are Khajiit's top 3. Really just means he looks back at those games with a super exaggerated sense of nostalgia, lol

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Apr 24 2017, 11:14 PM
Post #49577

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 24 2017, 10:59 PM) *

Ocarina of Time
Super Castlevania IV

Those are Khajiit's top 3. Really just means he looks back at those games with a super exaggerated sense of nostalgia, lol

Never played any of the Castlevania games, but the others are certainly two of the greatest games ever made. goodjob.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 25 2017, 12:32 AM
Post #49578

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Apr 24 2017, 05:14 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 24 2017, 10:59 PM) *

Ocarina of Time
Super Castlevania IV

Never played any of the Castlevania games, but the others are certainly two of the greatest games ever made. goodjob.gif

This one is kind of shocked that you haven't played any of the Castlevania games! It was for SNES so maybe before your time?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Apr 25 2017, 04:51 AM
Post #49579

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Apr 24 2017, 08:02 PM) *

The main reason for America's gun culture is because our founding fathers knew what it took to maintain a free country from becoming tyrannical. We have it cause if the government was allow to come in our houses and take our weapons and maybe even imprison citizens then what's going to prevent the US government form becoming tyrannical. We have guns to keep our leader in check so in case of said tyrants take over we can rebel and re-establish a government that's for the people and not against it, also would you invade a country if you knew its citizens could fight back. I could get into this more but I shall honor Senpai Crow's wish on not diving to deep into politics here.

I will try to not steer this into deep politics other than to say- Are 30,000 deaths from gunfire per year in the USA (homicide 10K and suicide 20K) really worth this? 30,000 deaths actually adds up to 200,000 traumatized relatives and friends in need of counselling, not to mention the resources to run the funerals, hospital and police response.

The only person gaining from this is the businessman and the governments. Not the people.

When people think they need governments to protect them from violence they keep voting for them. And the circle continues.

It will be interesting to see how much small arms fire will protect you from foreign invasion. America has military superiority to all nations- so most likely a foreign nation would not attack directly- instead they would stir up trouble within America and then they will sit back and watch America turn on itself with the said small arms. And imagine the bloodbath if a virus apocalypse hits America. Yes those with guns might survive- but how bad would the conditions be with all those guns?

This post has been edited by Winter Wolf: Apr 25 2017, 06:42 AM

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 25 2017, 06:04 AM
Post #49580

Ancient
Group Icon

Ok, ok. You have very opposite views on the subject and neither are likely to convince the other. So, before that conversation goes any further, let's drop it, ok? Otherwise all Khajiit foresees is an endless cycle of rebuttals with no resolution (and possible moderator intervention. No one wants that! tongue.gif )

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post

3507 Pages V « < 2477 2478 2479 2480 2481 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
10 User(s) are reading this topic (10 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:06 AM