Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V « < 9 10 11 12 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Elder Scrolls Online, What do you think about it?
mALX
post Jan 5 2016, 04:50 PM
Post #201

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Jan 5 2016, 10:33 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 5 2016, 03:07 PM) *

Have you captured anyone's Elder Scroll? What kind of changes to your build did you have to make? A friend of mine uses different add-ons for his PvP character.

Capturing an Elder Scroll is way above a solo players abilities. It takes a big team of skilled players to nab one.

I had to completely re-do Haa-Rei's build. All his attributes, skills, champion points. He's now a stamina build, and relies on critical hits/critical damage and various buffs to keep him alive. Spent ages mooching about the ESO forums to see what abilities other players were using.

Cyrodiil is crazy unbalanced though. Some players are going around doing 20k damage with a single attack, and Haa-Rei only has 20k health. ohmy.gif

He's a sorcerer and an archer, so we can't just dive into big fights. We spend a lot of time in stealth mode, scouting around, and fighting from the relative safety of high castle walls.

That is how that vampire's spell was that hit Misa - and it paralyzed her, she couldn't run away or fight back. Really powerful spell. I have no idea what class of spell that would be or if it was his vampiric powers.

But yeah, if you learn any tips or hints, feel free to post them here at Chorrol in case anyone here wants to try PvP. I have wanted to join the Alliance wars in Cyrodiil further on down the road, just not till I've done everything else in Cyrodiil and maybe after I've beaten the main quest or something.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Sep 21 2017, 01:06 AM
Post #202

Master
Group Icon

TES:Online has become my favorite Elder Scrolls game with Skyrim as a close runner's up.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Sep 21 2017, 03:20 AM
Post #203

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Sep 20 2017, 08:06 PM) *

TES:Online has become my favorite Elder Scrolls game with Skyrim as a close runner's up.

What made it your favorite? Which ones have you played so far?

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Sep 21 2017, 04:05 AM
Post #204

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Sep 20 2017, 09:20 PM) *

What made it your favorite? Which ones have you played so far?

I just like the graphics, the lighting effects on the environments like mountains as well as the moon really nice attention to detail. Also the vast exploration and questing that has purpose , you wouldn't believe the bashing I've done to Wow because of TESO. In Wow the quest where pointless, go here kill, go here get item, go here kill bad guy and get their head rinse lather and repeat, that gets tedious and boring quick. At least in TESO when you do a quest there's a story and reason for doing it. In all I fell in love with the game since day one and always find ways of coming back happy.gif.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Sep 22 2017, 10:12 PM
Post #205

Mouth
Group Icon

tbh even though I still don't like how much the art style deviates from the TES "aesthetic" (though I have grown used to it, somewhat) ESO's one of my favorite TES games so far. Overall it has to be Oblivion (another one that deviates from the traditional style), but ESO serves my play style better than the single-player games ever could. Thanks in large part to the account-wide bank. I'll be really happy if crafting quests and the character creator made their way into the single-player games.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Sep 22 2017, 10:15 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 22 2017, 11:11 PM
Post #206

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Sep 22 2017, 04:12 PM) *

tbh even though I still don't like how much the art style deviates from the TES "aesthetic" (though I have grown used to it, somewhat) ESO's one of my favorite TES games so far. Overall it has to be Oblivion (another one that deviates from the traditional style), but ESO serves my play style better than the single-player games ever could. Thanks in large part to the account-wide bank. I'll be really happy if crafting quests and the character creator made their way into the single-player games.

Khajiit just always looked at it like "It's a different era than what we are accustomed to with the 3rd Era games, so the aesthetics may be a bit different.".

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Sep 23 2017, 03:29 AM
Post #207

Mouth
Group Icon

My personal favorites are a tie between Morrowind and Skyrim (which is blasphemy in some parts of the Internet). Yet there has not been a TES game that I have beaten or played extensively that I disliked, although there were variations in the level of enjoyment. I wonder if Battlespire will change that, whenever I get around to it. But I have gotten tired of TES recently, so I have taken a break from it and gone to other games. Still doesn't stop me from enjoying talking about the series though. It is my favorite after all.

ESO, like all the other games, has some things I like in it more than the other games, and some less. There are legitimate criticisms to be made, but unfortunately those tend to be suffocated by buffoons on the Internet who just want to mindlessly bash something because they're a "real gamer" or they spout off something that they heard, etc. I have no problem with someone disliking or even hating the game, as long as they aren't being a troll...

Sorry, bit of a tangent there. The Internet as a whole has been annoying the hell out of me more lately.

As much as I enjoy ESO and think it brings a lot of good things to the table, it doesn't quite do it for me the way some other TES games have. And that's not entirely its fault, given the limitations of the MMO genre compared to a typical TES game.

Never played WOW, and never really cared to. The only other MMO besides ESO that really caught my interest was RuneScape, and thanks in large part to playing it in my middle school years where I had very little responsibility that game probably has the most hours ever logged by me in a game.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 23 2017, 08:50 AM
Post #208

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Sep 22 2017, 09:29 PM) *

Never played WOW, and never really cared to. The only other MMO besides ESO that really caught my interest was RuneScape, and thanks in large part to playing it in my middle school years where I had very little responsibility that game probably has the most hours ever logged by me in a game.

Khajiit played WOW for a few months last decade. It got old quick. ESO does a lot better job of holding this ones attention, probably because of the sheer amount of content you can get done solo. Also, Khajiit likes the festivals and such as they feel like rewards for playing the game.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 6 2017, 05:26 AM
Post #209

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 5 2017, 11:18 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 5 2017, 11:43 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 5 2017, 10:35 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 5 2017, 10:49 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 5 2017, 09:45 PM) *

*snip*

Khajiit loves that Ra Gada sword!

The Iron one looks even better, for some reason, lol.

Lol, well if you don't like the rubedite coloring, it would look a lot better!

No, I don't mind the rubedite coloring at all - the iron one seems to be higher res and has much more detail than the rubedite one = you would think it would be the opposite!

IPB Image

Although = we should move this topic off the Guild page, lol.

Yeah this one thinks it's just that the patterns show up better on the lighter colored blade, whereas they get lost in the darker color of the rubedite. If you look at the Rubedite version of the sword a few posts back you can see that the patterns are there, just not as obvious.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 6 2017, 05:47 AM
Post #210

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 6 2017, 12:26 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 5 2017, 11:18 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 5 2017, 11:43 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 5 2017, 10:35 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 5 2017, 10:49 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 5 2017, 09:45 PM) *

*snip*

Khajiit loves that Ra Gada sword!

The Iron one looks even better, for some reason, lol.

Lol, well if you don't like the rubedite coloring, it would look a lot better!

No, I don't mind the rubedite coloring at all - the iron one seems to be higher res and has much more detail than the rubedite one = you would think it would be the opposite!

IPB Image

Although = we should move this topic off the Guild page, lol.

Yeah this one thinks it's just that the patterns show up better on the lighter colored blade, whereas they get lost in the darker color of the rubedite. If you look at the Rubedite version of the sword a few posts back you can see that the patterns are there, just not as obvious.

Yes, maybe it would have looked better if they hadn't used the same color for the leather strapping on the hilt; but to me the resolution looks higher on the iron; the rubedite looks a bit blurry to me. I do like the red color though. (and the Hollowjack glows a bit red too!)

This post has been edited by mALX: Oct 6 2017, 05:48 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 6 2017, 04:07 PM
Post #211

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 5 2017, 11:47 PM) *

Yes, maybe it would have looked better if they hadn't used the same color for the leather strapping on the hilt; but to me the resolution looks higher on the iron; the rubedite looks a bit blurry to me. I do like the red color though. (and the Hollowjack glows a bit red too!)

Khajiit really wishes they would make a dyeing function for weapons. Blade, guard and pommel, handle. In the case of non sword weapons it would be business bit (mace head, axe blade, etc.), fittings, handle.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Oct 6 2017, 04:10 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 7 2017, 03:59 AM
Post #212

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 6 2017, 11:07 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 5 2017, 11:47 PM) *

Khajiit really wishes they would make a dyeing function for weapons. Blade, guard and pommel, handle. In the case of non sword weapons it would be business bit (mace head, axe blade, etc.), fittings, handle.

Yes, I have seen the option to dye weapons come up at the dye station, but there are no blocks in front of them to actually use them to dye the weapon hilt, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 7 2017, 04:06 AM
Post #213

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 6 2017, 09:59 PM) *

Yes, I have seen the option to dye weapons come up at the dye station, but there are no blocks in front of them to actually use them to dye the weapon hilt, lol.

Yeah, Khajiit has noticed that too and keeps hoping they'll add in that feature with a patch or something.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 7 2017, 06:18 AM
Post #214

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 6 2017, 11:06 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 6 2017, 09:59 PM) *

Yeah, Khajiit has noticed that too and keeps hoping they'll add in that feature with a patch or something.

Ditto.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Dec 12 2017, 04:50 PM
Post #215

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 12 2017, 08:56 AM) *
QUOTE(Cain @ Dec 12 2017, 08:42 AM) *

That does have a Windhelm feel, but I still haven't gotten off of Bleakrock with my one and only character.

Oh, I loved Bleakrock! That little campsite at the far north end is still one of my favorite spots in the game!

I didn't want to pollute the Where am I? thread, so I pasted this here. smile.gif

I need to give this another shot soon. I have it for PS4, and only played it for about an hour (nearly a year ago).

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 13 2017, 04:33 AM
Post #216

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Dec 12 2017, 10:50 AM) *

That does have a Windhelm feel, but I still haven't gotten off of Bleakrock with my one and only character.

Oh, I loved Bleakrock! That little campsite at the far north end is still one of my favorite spots in the game!

I didn't want to pollute the Where am I? thread, so I pasted this here. smile.gif

I need to give this another shot soon. I have it for PS4, and only played it for about an hour (nearly a year ago).

It has really become my favorite game of all, even over my former favorites!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Dec 13 2017, 01:39 PM
Post #217

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 12 2017, 10:33 PM) *
QUOTE(Cain @ Dec 12 2017, 10:50 AM) *

It has really become my favorite game of all, even over my former favorites!

I ended up playing for a few hours last night. Made a Redguard and adventured around Stos M'Kai for a bit. It was quite fun! smile.gif

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 13 2017, 04:11 PM
Post #218

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Dec 13 2017, 06:39 AM) *

I ended up playing for a few hours last night. Made a Redguard and adventured around Stos M'Kai for a bit. It was quite fun! smile.gif

Does Cainboo have a pc that would run ESO?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Dec 13 2017, 05:21 PM
Post #219

Master
Group Icon

I do, but I think I'll leave it on PS4 for now. It's nice to have something to play on PS4 on the days that I don't want to get on the PC.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 13 2017, 08:21 PM
Post #220

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Dec 13 2017, 10:21 AM) *

I do, but I think I'll leave it on PS4 for now. It's nice to have something to play on PS4 on the days that I don't want to get on the PC.

Okie dokie.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post

12 Pages V « < 9 10 11 12 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:13 AM