213 Pages V « < 206 207 208 209 210 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Tamriel, ESO Character Updates and Stories
Lopov
post Aug 12 2021, 06:54 PM
Post #4141

Master
Group Icon

Thanks for your thorough explanation, I thought that this doesn't affect DoT effects, but I wasn't sure, whether "single target" stands for damage, inflicted through weapons or skills. Oh and I see that I posted my question in a wrong thread, if one of the mods / admins can please move it to ESO Tips or some other help thread. Thanks. smile.gif

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 15 2021, 02:57 AM
Post #4142

Councilor
Group Icon

Jerric has been questing in Craglorn with Bastian. The place is a mess. He is not really sure what’s going on, but the weather is fine and there’s a mage he likes so they decided to help. This was perhaps not the best time to start teaching Bastian how to use a greatsword. Bastian has spent a lot of time on the ground. But as he says, the only shame is in not getting back up. Or something like that.

Jerric likes to open the crowded fights with an Empowering Sweep, which often earns a comment from Bastian. It has been funny to hear Bastian say “Now you’re just showing off!” or “Do you think that might have been excessive?” followed by a grunt as he hits the floor.

Today while they were battling a manticora, Jerric must have accidentally blown up a bug. Bastian hates that. It was a very fast and panicked fight because Jerric had never even heard of a manticora and it completely freaked him out. Manly battle shrieks were uttered. As he stood gawping at the carcass hoping that was sweat running into his boots, Bastian said from somewhere back by the door, “You’re going to eat that, right?”

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 15 2021, 11:09 AM
Post #4143

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jun 19 2021, 07:14 PM) *

I installed an add-on to show the actual rapport numbers (this one)and discovered that the "kill bandits" value for Bastian should be only +1, not +10, so I've updated the wiki.

But only after wasting at least a couple of hours with Blossom in Wrothgar. I'd started to doubt the value of killing bandits, and I turned out to be right. On the positive side, his extra levels were as expected.

Ooh, that helps to know, thank you!

QUOTE(Grits @ Aug 14 2021, 09:57 PM) *

Jerric has been questing in Craglorn with Bastian. The place is a mess. He is not really sure what’s going on, but the weather is fine and there’s a mage he likes so they decided to help. This was perhaps not the best time to start teaching Bastian how to use a greatsword. Bastian has spent a lot of time on the ground. But as he says, the only shame is in not getting back up. Or something like that.

Jerric likes to open the crowded fights with an Empowering Sweep, which often earns a comment from Bastian. It has been funny to hear Bastian say “Now you’re just showing off!” or “Do you think that might have been excessive?” followed by a grunt as he hits the floor.

Today while they were battling a manticora, Jerric must have accidentally blown up a bug. Bastian hates that. It was a very fast and panicked fight because Jerric had never even heard of a manticora and it completely freaked him out. Manly battle shrieks were uttered. As he stood gawping at the carcass hoping that was sweat running into his boots, Bastian said from somewhere back by the door, “You’re going to eat that, right?”

rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif Omg, you owe me a keyboard on this post, laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 15 2021, 12:09 PM
Post #4144

Paladin
Group Icon

Agree with Jerric on Craglorn. Buffy is quite methodical about exploring zones, but the questing/what is group/what is solo in Craglorn is so broke/confusing that she doesn't worry about that at all borrows the exploring technique of a robotic vacuum - run in one direction until you bump into something, then turn and run another direction. Acadian calls it random helter-skelter.

Ahah, so that is what it looks like with Bastion looking up at you. Given Buffy's height, she only knows what he looks like when he is looking down at her.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 23 2021, 08:44 PM
Post #4145

Councilor
Group Icon

Jerric and Bastian have retreated to the Crossroads Tavern in a dejected state. They spent the afternoon getting absolutely battered in Shada’s Tear. When they reached the final chamber and faced Shada herself, she summoned mages that they just couldn’t get past.

It was a lot of fun getting to the end, though. Poor Bastian still cannot tell the difference between Jerric’s runes and puddles of poison, but he does always get up and join the next fight. The location is gorgeous. Maybe it’s today’s update, but the light looks different somehow.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 23 2021, 09:21 PM
Post #4146

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Aug 23 2021, 09:44 PM) *
Maybe it’s today’s update, but the light looks different somehow.

My thoughts exactly as we were exploring Summerset today. ohmy.gif I mean, Summerset has already been beautiful before but today it struck me as even more amazing.

So far we also like quests on Summerset (side ones, main ones are still untouched), they're a bit different and for the time being feel more unique compared to those that we've completed in Morrowind & Clockwork City.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 24 2021, 01:22 PM
Post #4147

Councilor
Group Icon

Yesterday, Fleur went on the Alik'r dolmen train collecting jewelry to deconstruct, because she needed iridium grains. She got enough to complete her jewel crafting writ, and we bought another attuneable crafting table for the EU guildhall.

One of today's daily endeavors is to deconstruct 10 pieces of jewelry. laugh.gif

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 24 2021, 03:03 PM
Post #4148

Paladin
Group Icon

ghastley, isn't that the way? I figure Mirri will get at least one FG daily done today to blend some +rapport with at least 3 jewelry bits to decon.

At least Buffy's learned to try and save at least one treasure map in her bank to support endeavors that seem to somewhat regularly ask for them. And her alchemy daily writ today gave her 15 extra poisons to apply to 15 foes for another endeavor today.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 4 2021, 02:27 PM
Post #4149

Master
Group Icon

Shonta Quassan along with his flaming salamander Og'nyeni (and me) are still enjoying what Summerset has to offer. Not just from the visual perspective, but quests (side and main ones) feel to me somehow different compared to any other zone before. Even more so compared to Vvardenfell & Clockwork City, that from a trilogy together with Summerset, but I found both of them quite bland. I was talking with some fellow gamer in ESO the other day about this, and he said that it's apparently because quests in Summerset were created by people that didn't work on ESO before and they hired them after Clockwork City, specifically to raise the quality and quest-diversity of the game. He didn't know, whether the same team continued to work on any of the following DLCs.

After our interesting talk I tried to find this info online but didn't find anything, this guy however mentioned, that his info was confirmed in official forums. But in official credits of Vvardenfell and Summerset the names of creators are more or less the same, not of all, but of the majority for sure. So in the end I assume that the guy was wrong, but I still claim that quests are in Summerset are overall way better than in other zones.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 4 2021, 03:23 PM
Post #4150

Paladin
Group Icon

I confess, I didn't care for the questing or feel of either MW or CWC. Because Summerset is beautiful and feels neat, it had a huge advantage starting out. I thought the quests in Summerset were okay but the atmosphere of the zone (and Artaeum) really made things enjoyable.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 7 2021, 12:06 AM
Post #4151

Councilor
Group Icon

A spontaneous guild meeting broke out when Lopov called for WB assistance. Arcadian, Grits, Rider, and I all responded, which is more than we usually get together.

If Floozie had only remembered to swap out her Ring of the Pale Order, it would have been a smooth kill. kvright.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 7 2021, 07:58 AM
Post #4152

Master
Group Icon

It was nice seeing you and thanks for coming.

Here's one pic that I took after the battle!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 7 2021, 12:58 PM
Post #4153

Councilor
Group Icon

This looks really fun! If I played ESO more often this is what I'd like to do a lot of; grouping up. Hug_emoticon.gif

Did the bunny join in too?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 7 2021, 02:24 PM
Post #4154

Councilor
Group Icon

That was fun! Great pic with Abiene's bunny in the front!

Jerric is in Murkmire presently. This zone is a favorite.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 23 2021, 06:58 PM
Post #4155

Councilor
Group Icon

My latest character, Nicholas van Rijn, has just hit level 40, which means he'll be wanting big kid gear soon. What is anyone else using for a Magden? I'm considering trying the frost-related sets like Winter's Respite and Frostbite instead of the usual Julianos/Mother's Sorrow, but I'm open to ideas. I'm not a fan of pets, so it will be a no-bear build, whatever sets I use.

He's got the "Pirate" title, but we're looking for another choice or two. And a costume or outfit that suits, as well.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 23 2021, 07:14 PM
Post #4156

Paladin
Group Icon

For a no bear magden, I don't think you could go wrong with any two of those three: Julianos, Mother's Sorrow, Winter's Respite. I'd put Necropotence on that list of good ones also but not for a no bear build of course. And they're all easy to get. Buffy's focus is AoE and heals so she runs a lightning staff (not ice) and a resto. Illustrious healing on the ground wearing Winter's Respite is some seriously bursty HoT. Buffy actually runs Mighty Chudan as a monster set; because she therefore doesn't have to slot the warden's ice armor skill, it gives her another skill slot.

For what it's worth, Buffy's variants include both Magden and Magsorc. Though her Magsorc is no pets, she loves the bear as a warden.

This post has been edited by Acadian: Sep 23 2021, 07:16 PM

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 23 2021, 07:21 PM
Post #4157

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 23 2021, 02:14 PM) *

Buffy actually runs Mighty Chudan as a monster set; because she therefore doesn't have to slot the warden's ice armor skill, it gives her another skill slot.

My Vicuña slots Ice Armor so she doesn't have to wear so much. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 26 2021, 01:46 AM
Post #4158

Paladin
Group Icon

Bastion sealed his fate today. Buffy gave him two weeks notice. By then she'll have him leveled from L19.6 to L20 and send him on his way. The catalyst happened today after a long day of questing as a Magden with Bastion set up as a tank. Buffy went to talk to a merchant and accidentally stole a potion that was sitting out right next to the merchant. Well, the merchant started yelling, and Buffy was both embarrassed and furious with herself. She motioned a guard to come and collect a bounty. Then, to top it all all off, Bastion told her off. She knew at that moment that she was finished with Bastion.

Contrast that with Mirri. Something similar happened a couple weeks ago with Mirri. Buffy headed for a guard to clear things up. An NPC attacked Buffy and true-blue Mirri promptly killed the NPC. Though Buffy's bounty shot through the roof, Mirri's loyal defense of Buffy earned a place in Buffy's heart. Currently we have Mirri set up as a ranged dps and Bastion as a tank but we will quickly transition to Mirri being able to do either via changing gear and skills. Yes, the logistics will be somewhat of a challenge but she cannot tolerate Bastion's disloyalty - especially knowing that Mirri will stick up for her no matter the consequences.

She has always 'clicked' better with Mirri, but this incident today made her decision an easy one.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 27 2021, 01:07 AM
Post #4159

Councilor
Group Icon

Abiene has also gotten irritated with Bastian. She does not appreciate being told off when one of her projectiles accidentally hits an unseen critter. His "Have you so little regard for life" comment really gets her fuming.

Jerric handles his occasional annoyance by unequipping his weapon and taking a few swings at Bastian. It's a shame there's no brawl option in the menu.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 27 2021, 01:40 AM
Post #4160

Paladin
Group Icon

So far so good. Mirri's now in 5 heavy + 2 medium with s&b and does a superb job tanking. Looking to probably keep her in one set of armor and switch out weaponry (of course), skills (of course) and maybe jewelry to change roles on her as needed.

Buffy notes that Mirri can hold a WB by the nose while requiring no more support from Buffy than Bastion did. In fact, as more of a NB 'Sap tank' instead of the classic DK tank, she seems just as safe but does more damage while doing so.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

213 Pages V « < 206 207 208 209 210 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:27 AM