209 Pages V « < 146 147 148 149 150 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where Are You Today?
Renee
post May 11 2017, 11:20 PM
Post #2941

Councilor
Group Icon

Huh? There's music in the background? .. Wait, what are you guys talking about?

:

rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mirocu
post May 13 2017, 07:32 PM
Post #2942

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ May 12 2017, 12:20 AM) *

Huh? There's music in the background? .. Wait, what are you guys talking about?

:

rollinglaugh.gif

Yeah, the invisible orchestra biggrin.gif

--------------------------

Lothran just raided Fort Magia, first time in ten years! I don't know how we've not done this one before! ohmy.gif

Anyway, haven't missed much, it was a very mediocre dungeon crawl. Some undead that are now fully dead, some minor loot, some slaughterfish, hey-ho.. indifferent.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: May 13 2017, 07:32 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post May 16 2017, 11:18 PM
Post #2943

Councilor
Group Icon

I really shouldn't be writing at this time of night...

Luther Broad's Boarding House was everything Sal had been expecting.

The common room was half empty of people, but packed wall-to-wall with murk and gloom. The air was thick with the odours of stale ale and smoke from cheap candles, fighting a losing battle to mask the fetid undertones of old vomit and blood. The tables were old and battered, years of abuse and innumerable stains rendering them almost hazardous to patrons. The thick air turned quiet conversations into a muted grumble, words drowning and crumbling as they fought their way through the fug. Indistinct figures, many of them hooded, sat at tables in twos or threes, each keeping one hand near their waist, and one eye on the door.

Sal stood a moment in the doorway, noting the sidelong glances shot his way, and feeling the weight of eyes hidden beneath hoods and shadows upon him. Snorting, he shrugged them off and made his way to the bar.

"Don't see many of your kind in the city, Argonian." The barman, a balding Imperial with grey hair rumbled.

"I'm just passing through."

The barman snorted. "I said the same myself, thirty-odd years ago. This place is a trap. You don't get in without someone getting an edge on you, and then you're stuck." He dropped his gaze and shook his head, morose, before returning his gaze to Sal. "You'll be wanting a room I take it? Ten gold for the night." Sal placed a stack of coins on the counter. "Up the stairs, second door on the left."

Sal padded up the stairs to his room, eased the door open, and slid inside. He'd taken no more than a single stride before the door slammed behind him. He darted forward a step, snatched at his bow and quiver as he turned to face the door, and came up short as cold steel pricked at his throat, eyes locked on the hooded figure holding the blade.

"I've been expecting you, Argonian."

--------------------
A mind without purpose will walk in dark places
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 17 2017, 03:33 PM
Post #2944

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ May 16 2017, 06:18 PM) *

Stop it.

The common room was half empty of people, but packed wall-to-wall with murk and gloom. The air was thick with the odours of stale ale and smoke from cheap candles, fighting a losing battle to mask the fetid undertones of old vomit and blood. The tables were old and battered, years of abuse and innumerable stains rendering them almost hazardous to patrons. The thick air turned quiet conversations into a muted grumble, words drowning and crumbling as they fought their way through the fug. Indistinct figures, many of them hooded, sat at tables in twos or threes, each keeping one hand near their waist, and one eye on the door.

This snippet is great. Atmospheric and moody. I love the beginning. What do you think mirocu? ... Acadian? ... Anyone?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 17 2017, 03:53 PM
Post #2945

Paladin
Group Icon

Renee is right! That is a very moodyatmospheric opening! goodjob.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post May 17 2017, 04:17 PM
Post #2946

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ May 17 2017, 03:33 PM) *

QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ May 16 2017, 06:18 PM) *

Stop it.

rollinglaugh.gif

I just meant that getting my mind all worked up that late at night means I've got to wait a couple of hours for it to calm down enough for me to get some sleep wacko.gif

I'm glad you liked the opening. I'm on kind of a descriptive kick at the moment, having a lot of fun with it, though it does get frustrating from time to time. And it makes a change from my old combat-centric writing.

--------------------
A mind without purpose will walk in dark places
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 18 2017, 01:55 AM
Post #2947

Councilor
Group Icon

OH okay I got ya, CT. Sure, I know how it is, you get into some writing and get all worked up, next thing you know you can't sleep. smile.gif I am

Well I am going to post another RG3 update. It's a shortie. The last one I've got written for springtime in her world.

--------

Tirdas, Second Seed 28, late afternoon

Party leaves Bravil, and begins heading toward Water's Edge. They spend so much time dawdling in town beforehand though that they are forced to stop travel by the time they reach Bawn. Not only is it getting dark, but rain falls hard, making visibility nearly impossible. Party stays at Bawnwatch Camp overnight.

This post has been edited by Renee: May 18 2017, 02:47 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post May 19 2017, 09:50 AM
Post #2948

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I will probably have my last Oblivion session for a while now this evening. As of tomorrow I'll move to the cottage and thus gaming will only happen once in awile.

I'll have Lothran stay in the Imperial City as it's so central and from where he can reach all of Cyrodiil quite easily if need be. I reckon next time he's upp for Bravil which will be nice smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post May 21 2017, 12:45 AM
Post #2949

Councilor
Group Icon

What? NO gaming at the cottage? What is this madness???? panic.gif

Kidding. How long will Lothran be inactive, do you suppose? And Mirocu too, your Fallout 3 rich guy?

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post May 21 2017, 09:08 AM
Post #2950

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ May 21 2017, 01:45 AM) *

How long will Lothran be inactive, do you suppose? And Mirocu too, your Fallout 3 rich guy?

Dunno about Lothran. I'll game with him at random when it feels right. No schedule for him.

About FO3, I'll prolly game each Friday as usual smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post May 21 2017, 10:52 PM
Post #2951

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh, well that's good. Fallout 3 every Friday. I will probably start FO3 soon too. Summer's coming.

In other news, I transferred Lady Saga's Xbox save over to PC. This will be the younger version of Saga, who still was traveling around with Erthor after coming back from Valenwood. She will finally take that annoying Bosmer back home, ha ha. And eventually, after doing a bunch of random exploring and such, she will then return to Valenwood, but this time we can go there with her. wub.gif

------------

Last Seed 30, 4th Era Year 5

Days Passed: 4

Lady Saga, aka Aerin of Valenwood, returns to the province of Cyrodiil, and arrives on Anvil's docks. On her person, she carries a number of small things (gems and such) she can sell, to start her self off once again. She begins her game with the following...

1 Iron Bow
24 Iron Arrows
1 Rusty Iron Daggar

1 Burlap Vest
1 Tan Linen Skirt
2 Rough Leather Boots

An assortment of potions and poisons, food, and ingredients (some of which she eventually turns into more potions and poisons).

An assortment of random items: lockpicks, gold, four torches, and one empty canteen.

298 gold pieces, after selling all her pretties, and selling several useless potions she made.

When she arrives, her skin is tanned, for she had been spending lots of time outdoors in Valenwood. Unfortunately, she had resorted to some sort of ordinary, mundane lifestyle over the past five years. Though she can still twang a bow, her skill her has become less. And she's completely forgotten all the spells she'd learned, when she left Cyrodiil long ago with Erthor. All except for her two healing spells, which she'd been using daily down there, for whatever reason.

Oh yes, Erthor. By now, after spending all this time back in Valenwood, he can't wait to get back to Skingrad, safe and sound. And this time, Saga means to return him there, for real.

Saga managed to return to the Mages Guild, and easily joined them once again. She'd been kicked out of the Guild long ago*, but nobody seems to remember. While in the guild, she met a mage associate who seemed eager to do some adventuring, which pleased Saga to no end, especially since during the 3rd Era, she had all sorts of trouble getting anybody to follow her; they were all too frightened of the Oblivion Crisis, it seems. So now, Saga has a couple others to travel with, which is good, since she hasn't even got a proper set of armor, yet.

After spending a couple days in Anvil. Saga is ready to head to Skingrad, and eventually the Imperial City, where she'll begin her magical training once again, by picking up a few discount spells there.

* The youngest version of Saga on PS3 got kicked out of the Mages Guild

This post has been edited by Renee: May 21 2017, 11:38 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post May 23 2017, 08:14 PM
Post #2952

Master
Group Icon

So this is Saga's second stay in Cyrodiil, right? The first was on PS3, the third on you already wrote about and this is happening in between?

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 24 2017, 01:17 AM
Post #2953

Councilor
Group Icon

Yes Lopov, it is the second Saga, the one I created on Xbox in 2012. smile.gif Good memory. I created her originally to come back from Valenwood with Erthor, and I was able to do all this too, using the console to fast-forward that quest. Gaming with Saga again is all sorts of fun, especially since she's been made "humble" again, with a lack of possessions / wealth.

Here, let's have picture of her, shall we? Hey now, strike a pose, Saga.

I think this version of her is my fave. I didn't change a thing from Xbox, all I did was darken her skin a bit.

She looks upset in that one though. Here's a happier pic of her.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 24 2017, 01:22 AM
Post #2954

Paladin
Group Icon

Lady Saga II looks great! The Valentan suits her. Yes, dear Erthor. tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 24 2017, 01:47 AM
Post #2955

Ancient
Group Icon

It is great to see Lady Saga again!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post May 24 2017, 07:31 AM
Post #2956

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ May 24 2017, 02:17 AM) *
Here, let's have picture of her, shall we? Hey now, strike a pose, Saga.

Saga likes it rough - she has wrist irons on even when in town. wink.gif

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
mirocu
post May 24 2017, 08:49 PM
Post #2957

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Lady Saga is back?

Will she perform her major hits Poke Mer's face and Corn This Way?

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post May 25 2017, 01:46 AM
Post #2958

Councilor
Group Icon

Ha ha ha ha I like that .. My my my my my my poke-mer face! laugh.gif Nice one!

Thanks you all for the warm welcome of Saga. It's been awhile since I gamed with her. Let's see what she's up to next.

-------

Loredas, Heartfire 1, 4th Era Year 1

Lady Saga, Erthor, and Saga's nameless mage companion spend the night at Shetcombe Farm, a place where Saga has been many times before. On the next day, they decide to explore Kvatch, which is still in ruins and has been inhabited by a large gang of bandits.*

It is far too dangerous for Saga to go there; she's still walking around in town clothes, with only a cheap iron bow as a weapon. So the trio heads toward Skingrad instead, occasionally dealing with random enemy encounters. Since Saga is not really very good at combat (unless she's making a stealth shot), Ertthor and the mage handle most of this.

*Kvatch Rising mod

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 27 2017, 08:10 PM
Post #2959

Councilor
Group Icon

Mid-morning, Sun's Dusk 16, 3rd Era 434

Days Passed: 82

The next morning, it's breezy and calm, here at Topal Bay. Joan of Arkay awakes from an uninterrupted sleep, standing up from the sandy ground she'd slept on. Checks her food supply and has a carrot. Walks toward the small bridge which led to this isle she'd camped upon all night. Crosses this bridge. Sniffs the air, concentrates her hearing. And is satisfied. No enemies nearby. Not even a mud crab.

"Well, you should have yourself a pleasant stay here today, Gryphon," she says to her paint horse.

The horse stares and makes some sort of grunting noise.

Joan checks the rest of her gear. Her Shortsword of Embers still holds its full charge. The armor she's wearing (half of which is enchanted, and expensive) had barely been damaged the day before, when she nade her way from Leyawiin to Topal Bay. Plenty of potions, food, and three mandrakes, just in case. A few scrolls for backup. A spell book which (over the past few months) had become full of new Restoration spells, along with her trusty ability to Turn Undead, shield herself lightly, and also light up a room, if need be.

The only thing Joan notices which could have been improved is her lockpick supply. In fact, she's got just one of these. She's not very skilled with lockpicking; it's going to be tough having just this one.

"Well, I can always sojourn back toward Leyawiin, should the need arise."

With those words, Joan of Arkay braves herself, and tries to figure out how to enter Deepscorn Hollow.

Note: One of the things about Joan is she cannot swim, and the entrance to Deepscorn Hollow is underwater, from the way it looks, not to mention she's wearing some heavy armor pieces. Oops. Because of this, Joan decides to head back to town. Maybe somebody in the Mage's Guild sells water-breathing spells

This post has been edited by Renee: May 28 2017, 12:54 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 27 2017, 08:47 PM
Post #2960

Paladin
Group Icon

I should certainly think wb spells would be a necessity with heavy armor. Oh, and a good chance for Joan to grab a few more lockpicks!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

209 Pages V « < 146 147 148 149 150 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:54 PM