Closed TopicStart new topic
> The Flying Bullets, Playground 1
seerauna
post Apr 25 2009, 09:44 PM
Post #21

Finder
Group Icon

Hannah

As Hannah watched, Autumn drifted up to Gale, hanging back slightly like she normally did. The woman in the back of the small group of newcomers lit a cigarette and waved to someone Hannah couldn't see. She looked bored and anxious at the same time.

They were probably curious as to why they were attracting so much attention, she thought wryly. She knew she had been. Gale had kicked the last band of drifters out of Haven, and almost everyone would want to know if they stayed.

So far, she was the only one that had gone unnoticed but that was normal. Not many people paid attention to someone as small or young as Hannah.

She started to notice small details that had escaped her notice before. The other man only had eight fingers and what she suspected were burn scars ran up both his arms. The woman looked a little too thin, she thought. Maybe from wandering out on the Wastelands for too long.

Gale and the leader were talking, with Gale pointing back towards the Delta Terminal. Why were they taking so long? The rail was becoming uncomfortable with its little imperfections sticking up everywhere. She shifted her weight to relieve the cramps forming in her legs from sitting still for so long.

OOC: Had to fix everything, I kept writing in first person. kvright.gif

--------------------
The arrow flies to kill
From the string it races
It’s only moments until,
It strikes.

Shadow in Darkness- My first ongoing FanFic!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Apr 25 2009, 10:16 PM
Post #22

Master
Group Icon

Sam

"Don't you worry, Mr Richards," Sam said. "Sense is our middle name. Or mine at least."

He glanced back at Aiden and Karelia, who was now smoking a cigarette.

"Come on you two," he said. "Let's go get something to eat."
+Quote Post
Silver
post Apr 26 2009, 03:06 AM
Post #23

Evoker

Linda

Linda headed back inside the tavern, clearing off the table she had left, the garbage having accumulated at an amazing rate, and sitting down in the corner in a old car bench-seat.

She kicked her feet up onto the tarnished, dirty wood and waited, hoping that at least some of the newcomers would head up here, instead of staying down in the 'clean' part of town.

This post has been edited by Silver: Apr 26 2009, 06:39 AM

--------------------
In life there is hope, in death, there is insperation.
Truth is a virtue. Unfortunately, humanity is anything but virtuous.
+Quote Post
Olen
post Apr 26 2009, 03:42 PM
Post #24

Mouth
Group Icon

Aiden

Aiden smiled as Sam persuaded the man who'd called himself Richards that they wouldn't cause any trouble. He was right, probably. Aiden didn't mind a little bit of trouble now and then but he knew it was bad for business and wasn't going to go looking for any.

Sam said something about food.

Aiden nodded, "Sounds good, I'll head by a trader at some point but later. I dare say the local tavern will serve food so that's where I'm going. Come along," he motioned to both Sam and Karelia, "Unless you've something else to do. If you need me you'll know where to look."

He started walking away towards an area of the town which looked rougher and more run-down. He really wanted that drink. He hadn't gone very far at all when he saw a dirty building with a sign reading 'The Rusty Wings'. Above a cluster of drunks outside two sheets of metal were welded together in a way which looked vaguely like wings. They were, indeed, very rusty.

--------------------
Look behind you and see an ever decreasing number of ghosts. Currently about 15.
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Apr 26 2009, 09:17 PM
Post #25

Master
Group Icon

Sam

As Aiden headed off to find the local tavern, Sam occupied himself with finding lodgings for his two colleagues. He headed toward the large building, with a roughly painted, rusted sign on it saying 'Delta Terminal.' With luck he could find some place to stay, or at the very least stock up on ammo.

"Karelia, go find something to do," he ordered as he headed off. Hopefully there would be room at the common house that Richards guy had mentioned.
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Apr 26 2009, 10:38 PM
Post #26

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Apr 26 2009, 04:17 PM) *

Sam

As Aiden headed off to find the local tavern, Sam occupied himself with finding lodgings for his two colleagues. He headed toward the large building, with a roughly painted, rusted sign on it saying 'Delta Terminal.' With luck he could find some place to stay, or at the very least stock up on ammo.

"Karelia, go find something to do," he ordered as he headed off. Hopefully there would be room at the common house that Richards guy had mentioned.

Karelia

"Karelia, go find something to do," she mocked Sam once he'd walked beyond earshot. She smiled sheepishly when she realized that Richards and his little female friend were still standing there.

In her head, she cursed her friends for leaving her alone with these two.

"So I'll...uh...see you guys around," she said hastily before running off to catch up with Aidan. When she finally did, they entered the Rusty Wings Tavern. A fitting name, judging by the exterior.

"You want a drink?" she asked him, "I've got a few caps left from when I sold that harmonica to a drifter, and all I want to do right now is sit and relax."

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
Silver
post Apr 26 2009, 11:26 PM
Post #27

Evoker

Linda

Her hand quickly shot out, catching the twirling microfusion cell that had fallen off the little tower she had been building upon the table. The rest of the brightly coloured cells swayed dangerously, and she nonchalantly knocked them into a baggie along with the rest of them that she owned. Two of the new wanderers had entered the bar, and with a little smirk, she slid her feet off the stool on the far side of the table.

With a quick gesture, and the slipping of a pair of MF cells into a nearby barmaid's hand, the table was soon set up for three to sit around, one next to her one the bench, and one on the stool across. Three some-what less grungy glasses sat on the table, Linda's was glowing a soft blue, the other two plain beer.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Apr 27 2009, 12:03 AM
Post #28

Master
Group Icon

Gale

After the final newcomer departed, Autumn caught her father's eye. With a sigh, Gale told her. "Let them be, someone else will deal with them if they cause trouble."

He gave her a stern look that placed emphasis on 'someone else.'

Autumn nodded reluctantly, and both of them strode off down the concourse.
+Quote Post
minque
post Apr 27 2009, 12:14 AM
Post #29

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(jack cloudy @ Apr 25 2009, 07:38 PM) *

Jonathan

For a moment, Jonathan was actually surprised when someone crawled out from under the bed.
"Perhaps, I had been half-convinced I'd just imagined her voice." He mused.

"Good day, milady. My name would be Jonathan Guntherson, inventor by trade and currently travelling towards Haven." He then said with a bow.
"Err...by the way. You wouldn't by any chance be aware of a lawnmower I could borrow, would you?"

Lexie

"A lawnmower??, ehh well there might be one outside..but what will you do with a lawnmower? There's no grass here..or am i missing something?"

Lexie shook her head..

Now what? I'm stuck here with a lunatic, jeez, gotta get out of here

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Apr 27 2009, 12:22 AM
Post #30

Councilor
Group Icon

Karelia

The sun was nearly gone for the day, so it was no surprise that the bar was packed. She spotted three open seats next to a familiar face; the one who'd waved at her moments ago. Trying to avoid sitting there, she kept looking around. Nothing else. Aidan didn't answer her; she wondered if he even heard. Not bothering to repeat herself, Karelia grabbed the nearest barmaid by the arm.

"Put a scotch on that table?"

The barmaid nodded and strode off while Karelia approached the table. She wasn't sure if Aidan would follow or not, and didn't bother to look back.

On second thought, he's coming. Aidan never passes up an opportunity to talk to a woman.

"You care if I sit?" she asked the woman just as the barmaid placed the scotch on the table. She noticed two beers unaccounted for, and thought that maybe this woman already had company.

This post has been edited by Dantrag: Apr 27 2009, 02:05 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Apr 27 2009, 09:31 AM
Post #31

Master
Group Icon

Jonathan.

"No no, I do not require a lawnmower to take care of a lawn. Rather, I need some parts to fix my friend and a lawnmower happens to have just the ones I need." He said while making a dismissive gesture with his hands.
"Or at least, good enough to last till I can make some proper parts. So, I assume you have no objections if I take one apart?"

"Outside? That's wonderfull. That means less dragging. Oh, just wait for me, FRIGERIZER Z!!! And don't get stolen!"

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
seerauna
post Apr 27 2009, 01:11 PM
Post #32

Finder
Group Icon

Two of the newcomers headed down to the rougher part of town, while the leader headed off to the terminal. Hannah wasn't sure whether she wanted to meet either but eventually decided to find the leader. The others had probably gone to a bar, and she didn't want to go find which one.

Climbing down from the railing, she went towards the Delta Terminal just behind Gale and Autumn who turned somewhere else about halfway there.

Reaching the terminal, she had no idea at all where to go first. Where would he have gone first? She had no idea, so she wandered until she finally spotted him. Hannah hung back, unsure exactly how to approach him.

--------------------
The arrow flies to kill
From the string it races
It’s only moments until,
It strikes.

Shadow in Darkness- My first ongoing FanFic!
+Quote Post
Olen
post Apr 27 2009, 03:30 PM
Post #33

Mouth
Group Icon

Aiden, the rusty wings

The inside of the bar was dank and crowed and exactly what Aiden was hoping for. Karelia ordered a bottle of scotch, he assumed she'd be fine sharing if he got the next round, especially seeing as he had a packet of cigarettes which weren't too stale. He followed her to the only free table where a small hispanic-looking woman sat with two empty chairs.

"Afternoon," he said.

--------------------
Look behind you and see an ever decreasing number of ghosts. Currently about 15.
+Quote Post
Silver
post Apr 27 2009, 07:56 PM
Post #34

Evoker

Linda

She shook her head softly, Ah well, looks like I'm not buying, then edged over on the bench to let the other woman sit down. A polite nod to Aiden, and then Linda went back to sitting silently in the corner sipping on her drink, occasionally stirring it with her finger.

She tilted her head curiously at the two of them, then patted down her pockets until she found a piece of paper and a stubby pencil, quickly scribbling a message, - What brings you out this way?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Apr 27 2009, 08:34 PM
Post #35

Councilor
Group Icon

Karelia

Karelia sat down after leaning her rifle against the wall behind her. She took a swig of scotch before sliding it down the table to Aidan. As she did so, she noticed that their table-mate had furnished a pencil and paper, and was writing.

Karelia stamped out her cigarette on the floor and grabbed the paper once she was done writing.

"What brings you out this way?" she read the note aloud.

"Hopefully work," she answered. There was a delay, as Karelia was expecting some sort of response, but got none. Realizing her error, she handed the paper back to the woman.

"Might as well write your name down, too," she said, "I'm Karelia, this here is Aidan. And tell him to stop hogging the scotch if you want some."

--------------------
+Quote Post
Olen
post Apr 27 2009, 08:46 PM
Post #36

Mouth
Group Icon

Aiden

Aiden took a long swig from the bottle then sighed. "Stop your nagging," he muttered to Karelia and poured a generous measure into a cleanish looking mug which had been left on the table. The whisky would kill anything nasty in there anyway. He pulled out a packet of cigarettes from his pocket, took one then slid the them and bottle back across the table. "Got a light?" he asked.

He looked at the woman opposite. A mute then, he shrugged slightly, there were all sorts in the wasteland. "Do you now anyone hiring?" he asked as Karelia passed the pad and paper back across. He took a drink from his mug and sighed. He'd been needing it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Apr 27 2009, 09:00 PM
Post #37

Master
Group Icon

Sam

Sam's short walk to Delta Terminal warranted him a few glances, probably because he wasn't local, but he ignored him. He figured he could take on any idiot locals who wanted trouble. Unless of course there was a big gang of them. But then he could just run.

Luckily, he made it through town unmolested and reached Delta Terminal. He headed inside, following a sign saying 'Accommodation,' before heading into a large room, various bunks stacked against the wall. Sam viewed it with a smile-it was hardly luxurious, but compared to sleeping on Wasteland soil it could have easily been one of the famous hover-beds that were supposedly made just before the wall. Sam had always secretly entertained the dream of finding one and keeping it for himself.

There was a man sleeping at a desk at the room, and Sam guessed that he was the guy you asked about for beds.

"Hey, this where we get beds?" he asked loudly, hoping to wake the man up. All he got was snores, so he tried again. Sam instead opted to just poke the man in his flabby stomach.

He woke through with a snort, before fixing Sam with a bloodshot glare.

"Whaddya want?" he growled though a bristly black beard.

"How much for a bed?" Sam asked.

"How long you staying?" the man asked.

"Few days," Sam replied. "So how much?"

"Ten caps per day," the man replied.

"Alright then," Sam said. "Three beds."

"Thirty caps," the man said. After Sam handed the currency over and he had counted them, he jerked his thumb towards the door. "Geddout. I'm sleepin'."

Sam headed out and decided to find the local tavern. Knowing Aiden and Karelia, they would have gotten themselves something to drink already.
+Quote Post
Silver
post Apr 27 2009, 09:01 PM
Post #38

Evoker

Linda

"...Linda." She whispered quietly, barely audible over the noise of the other patrons. She smiled softly at the other girl, Well, noone ever realizes it right away, anyway. She twirled the pencil thoughtlessly across the paper, before looking up at Aiden.

She shook her head, and made a soft, rasping laugh. She quickly wrote out another message - I was hoping you bunch were hiring. She brushed her cloak back a little, showing the laser rifle that was strapped beneath it, and the pistol at her hip, then shrugged.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Apr 27 2009, 09:17 PM
Post #39

Master
Group Icon

Sam

Once Sam had gotten the beds, he headed back into the town to check out the local tavern. He needed a drink before anything.

He headed inside the bustling tavern and looked around for Aiden and Karelia. He found them sitting around a table with another woman who he didn't recognise. He headed over and sat down, using his bulk to shove through the crowd. A couple of drunks gave him a dirty glare, but decided against picking a fight with him-his shotgun and combat armour were enough of a deterrent.

"So," he asked as he sat down, shoving Aiden along the seat to make some room. "Who's this then?"
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Apr 28 2009, 12:56 AM
Post #40

Councilor
Group Icon

Karelia

"This is Linda," she said to Sam, "Looking for work, just like us."

She tossed a book of matches to Aidan on his request for a light, "We're back to flint and steel when those are gone."

It was up to Sam as to whether or not this woman would be allowed to join their group, and money was scarce right now so she didn't know how he would feel about splitting profits with another person. They could work it out by themselves.

--------------------
+Quote Post

10 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 08:33 AM