Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Starfield, Bethesda Game Studios Upcoming Title
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 29 2024, 03:34 AM
Post #161

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Jan 26 2024, 10:38 AM) *

It's a fun, stealth oriented questline. A nice departure from the usual style of BGS quests.
Also, pro tip if you haven't already discovered it (took me a while): holdong down the aim button with the cutter focuses the beam and lets you mine more quickly.

Dez is currently on a mission to find something called a coralline (sp?) landmass in the Indum system. She’s got Sarah with her because we are also going to be hitting the Sol system for a lead on an artifact.

Funny thing, when we got to one of the planets in that system there was an ongoing scrap between some random spacers (or maybe they were pirates?) and the Freestar Collective. We engaged the spacers but for some reason the FC forces were hostile to us after destroying the last of them. I guess maybe one of my shots went astray and hit one of them? I reloaded a save to see if I could do the fight again but nothing spawned when I arrived back at the planet/moon.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kane
post Jan 29 2024, 01:26 PM
Post #162

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jan 28 2024, 09:34 PM) *
QUOTE(Kane @ Jan 26 2024, 10:38 AM) *

It's a fun, stealth oriented questline. A nice departure from the usual style of BGS quests.
Also, pro tip if you haven't already discovered it (took me a while): holdong down the aim button with the cutter focuses the beam and lets you mine more quickly.

Dez is currently on a mission to find something called a coralline (sp?) landmass in the Indum system. She’s got Sarah with her because we are also going to be hitting the Sol system for a lead on an artifact.

Funny thing, when we got to one of the planets in that system there was an ongoing scrap between some random spacers (or maybe they were pirates?) and the Freestar Collective. We engaged the spacers but for some reason the FC forces were hostile to us after destroying the last of them. I guess maybe one of my shots went astray and hit one of them? I reloaded a save to see if I could do the fight again but nothing spawned when I arrived back at the planet/moon.

Love doing survey missions like that!

Yeah, that happens to me sometimes, too. It just happened to me last night when I tried to help in a fight between SysDef and pirates. 'Course my ship has 6x particle cannons, so there are a lot more chances to miss the target!

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 29 2024, 02:01 PM
Post #163

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Jan 29 2024, 06:26 AM) *

Love doing survey missions like that!

Yeah, that happens to me sometimes, too. It just happened to me last night when I tried to help in a fight between SysDef and pirates. 'Course my ship has 6x particle cannons, so there are a lot more chances to miss the target!

Hmmm, particle cannon. Reminds me of the Particle Projection Cannon (PPC) from the BATTLETECH franchise. What is the particle cannon in Starfield?

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 29 2024, 04:25 PM
Post #164

Councilor
Group Icon

So it sounds like Speech has become ... I don't know the word. Improved? In-depth? (from Skyrim) Especially if it's not always the same approach that's needed, eh?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Jan 29 2024, 05:14 PM
Post #165

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jan 29 2024, 08:01 AM) *

Hmmm, particle cannon. Reminds me of the Particle Projection Cannon (PPC) from the BATTLETECH franchise. What is the particle cannon in Starfield?
Arguably the best option for ship weapons. Particle weapons do the same amount of damage to shields and hulls, so you can have one weapon type in lieu of lasers and ballistics. My ships are typically A Class reactors, which is all you need for the Vanguard Obliterators (need to join UC Vanguard to get them, though). And I usually attach some missile launchers for that "fire torpedoes!" feel.

QUOTE(Renee @ Jan 29 2024, 10:25 AM) *
So it sounds like Speech has become ... I don't know the word. Improved? In-depth? (from Skyrim) Especially if it's not always the same approach that's needed, eh?

It's more reminiscent of New Vegas and way more in-depth than Skyrim or Fallout 4. Persuasion mini-game, skill checks, even traits can influence it. And sometimes there are even options to let your follower weigh in instead.

This post has been edited by Kane: Jan 29 2024, 05:15 PM

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
Kane
post Jan 29 2024, 05:53 PM
Post #166

Master
Group Icon

Something that drives me nuts though is that we lose digipicks on successful attempts. That is going to be the first thing I mod out.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 29 2024, 07:27 PM
Post #167

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Jan 29 2024, 10:53 AM) *

Something that drives me nuts though is that we lose digipicks on successful attempts. That is going to be the first thing I mod out.

I get why it’s like that, but yeah, it’s a bit annoying.

I took the “targeting systems” perk for Dez recently. We’ve only been able utilize it once since picking it, and we ended up destroying the ship we were fighting in the end. Any tips for disabling ships?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Jan 29 2024, 11:55 PM
Post #168

Master
Group Icon

EM weapons to disable the engines. Leaves them adrift so that you can board.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 30 2024, 02:32 AM
Post #169

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Jan 29 2024, 04:55 PM) *

EM weapons to disable the engines. Leaves them adrift so that you can board.

Oh ok. The game talked like I could do it with missles.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Jan 30 2024, 01:22 PM
Post #170

Master
Group Icon

I only managed to disable engines without EM weapons one time. I think you have to get the engine health to less than 10% work.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 30 2024, 01:59 PM
Post #171

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Jan 30 2024, 06:22 AM) *

I only managed to disable engines without EM weapons one time. I think you have to get the engine health to less than 10% work.

Ok I’ll keep working on it.

Dez is still in the Indum system looking for this flippin Corralline Landmass…

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Jan 30 2024, 04:13 PM
Post #172

Master
Group Icon

Yeah, those can take a while when you have to hunt through the system. I'm currently perking into Astrophysics for that chance to learn a trait when you scan a moon or planet.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 30 2024, 04:30 PM
Post #173

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Jan 30 2024, 09:13 AM) *

Yeah, those can take a while when you have to hunt through the system. I'm currently perking into Astrophysics for that chance to learn a trait when you scan a moon or planet.

That would be helpful, lol

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Jan 30 2024, 05:50 PM
Post #174

Master
Group Icon

First rank is only 10%, so it's definitely an investment. I think the highest it gets is 40%, which would be way more helpful, lol.

I sort of wish you could see POIs like that from orbit after you scan. Then landing wouldn't be such a crapshoot. But I suppose that would negate the exploration aspect of it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 30 2024, 06:13 PM
Post #175

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Jan 30 2024, 10:50 AM) *

First rank is only 10%, so it's definitely an investment. I think the highest it gets is 40%, which would be way more helpful, lol.

I sort of wish you could see POIs like that from orbit after you scan. Then landing wouldn't be such a crapshoot. But I suppose that would negate the exploration aspect of it.

That would definitely be helpful.

Speaking of landing, if you build an outpost away from where you land in an area, can your ship start landing closer to your outpost?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Jan 31 2024, 01:05 PM
Post #176

Master
Group Icon

Yes, you can also build landing pads. There is even a big landing pad you can build that has a shipbuilder terminal. It has a lot of different ship modules, too.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 31 2024, 02:39 PM
Post #177

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Jan 31 2024, 06:05 AM) *

Yes, you can also build landing pads. There is even a big landing pad you can build that has a shipbuilder terminal. It has a lot of different ship modules, too.

Neat! I’m thinking we need a sort of “depot” outpost near Jemison to store resources and such. I have read that the Lodge has unlimited storage in the basement, but there are no such containers in my game. *shrugs*

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Jan 31 2024, 02:52 PM
Post #178

Master
Group Icon

The safe in your Lodge room is also unlimited. I thought it strange that they brought back limited storage containers after so many years.

My Kurtz outpost was my supply depot until I could build a ship big enough that it didn't matter, lol. I had a small hab to craft in, aluminum and he-3 extractors and a pile of storage containers. Now my deep space ship has 2400 cargo which I haven't even come close to filling.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 31 2024, 05:42 PM
Post #179

Councilor
Group Icon

Are there mods on Xbox? Even so, I'm assuming there isn't a way to manage them, or create stuff which is outside the normal assets. Which is fine. Be nice to have some sort of limit to modding on consoles, therefore there's still a reason to get the game on PC.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Jan 31 2024, 06:39 PM
Post #180

Master
Group Icon

There probably will be once the Creation Kit 2 releases. All the mods out now are textures, config files, or stuff made in xEdit. There won't be any script extenders though.

Edit: script extenders for Xbox that is. SFSE is already out on PC.

This post has been edited by Kane: Jan 31 2024, 06:44 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

10 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:23 PM