Post #1

Evoker

Anima di Nerezza
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5 Part 1- A long Walk Home

I sank into one of Vercindelle’s chairs and closed my eyes. I was exhausted. The orc had used up quite a bit of my energy, and I would not have been surprised if I was very sore in the morning. When I opened my eyes, Vercindelle was looking at me inquisitively.

“Love hurts, old man. I can vouch for that,” I softly spoke. He quickly chuckled, then readjusted himself in his personal seat.

“Well, Mabriel, I have run into a few cases of love, and I know its inner workings. However, I am not as knowledgeable about it as you seem to be. Would you care to explain?”

“The orc, Raziel, he is very… flexible. Let us leave it at that. I just want to get on with things. Who is the next man I will be killing?”

“Woman,” he corrected me. “You will be killing a woman. A much respected woman at that.”

“Ah, Vercindelle, when you first mentioned ‘woman’, I was half convinced that you were talking about Maria. But ‘respected? Ha! Now I can rest easily,” I spoke in good humor. Vercindelle laughed at this, obviously in a good mood.

“Syn Elsteen is her name. She’s a highly regarded senator, but will not be accompanied by guards,” he continued.

“How’s that? I thought any normal politician would revel in hordes of guards!”

“She worships some higher power, and believes it will protect her from any harm. She has no desire to be watched over by hired mercenaries. Syn lives humbly in a rundown inn next to the outer walls. I know little more than that, Mabriel, but I’m sure you will use whatever you can to aid you.”

“Unguarded target, inn next to the outer wall. I’m uneasy about this one, Vercindelle,” I proclaimed. His gaze lowered, however, and to keep him in good spirits, I quickly added, “But I’ll do it. That is, after I get a good rest. That orc really did me in.” I rose and began to exit the room, but Vercindelle stopped me.

“Mabriel, are you having fun yet? Like you used to?” he asked in a fatherly tone.

“Vercindelle, once you have to be with an orc like… that… you tell me if you have fun with it.” I laughed after this remark and left for good.

It was a long walk back to my room. More accurately, it was a long, tired, sore, achy walk back to my room. I found myself wishing I had simply slept in Vercindelle’s chair. Even THAT would have been better than walking home after a very long evening. Even that would have been better than getting stopped by some ruffian in a dark alley.

“Hey,” he called to me. “Come here. I wanna talk to ya.” I continued walking, wanting anything else than to run into trouble from this low life. Unfortunately for both of us, however, I felt a heavy hand grip my right arm. I decided to play along. Maybe I would have some REAL fun before I went to bed.

This post has been edited by Sirin: Mar 16 2006, 01:14 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Mar 16 2006, 07:15 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

An unguarded target? Something fishy is going on. Anyway, have fun in the meantime.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Mar 17 2006, 04:39 AM
Post #3

Forum Bard
Group Icon

As I've said before, this story is very good, from the dark and mysterious characters to the way the plot flows, this story keeps a good pace and it stays interesting. Good work, sorry for the lack of comments.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Sirin
post Mar 17 2006, 02:07 PM
Post #4

Evoker

Part 2- Precious Gifts

He dragged me into the dark alley like a predator would do to his dinner. Of course, I was not going to be his dinner. I pretended to struggle against him. I pretended to scream helplessly. He threw me to the cold, hard ground and punched me in the face. Hard, yes, but not hard enough. I pretended to be much too dazed to fend for myself. For the second time in too short of a period, my robes were pulled off from over my head. Unfortunately, I had not worn any extra clothes underneath the robes, for I had tossed away Maria’s outfit in disgust.

Through my “dazed” eyes, I glimpsed the face of my “assailant” in the moonlight. The ambitious Imperial. Much too ambitious for this girl, unbeknownst to him. He grabbed whatever looked good to him, and I considered gutting him right there, but I decided to play along for a bit longer. After he had his brief fun, he got up and began to walk off. I followed.

He had not made it out of the alley before I grabbed his shoulder and turned him about to face me. I had no doubt that it was the Imperial now.

“Hello there, young one. Thought you could get away with this?” I had grabbed my dagger before I had got up behind him, and was now holding it to his throat. I regretted having not clothed myself again before I took hold of him, for I caught his eyes wandering.
“Keep your eyes up, man,” I seethed after punching him directly in the nose. He was clearly on the verge of passing out from my blow, so I refrained from hitting him again. I wanted to watch his eyes when he died, as I had grown to like the fading of the internal lights.

“Should have picked someone else, scum,” I hissed. Feeling the slightest twinge of mercy, I gave him one last kiss. In the middle of the kiss, however, my blade flew into his stomach. He squirmed for a brief moment, and then I dropped him. Changing back into my robe, I moved on to my hotel, this time keeping a wary eye to my surroundings.

Once I was back in my room, I collapsed onto my bed and slept soundly. I wish I could say I slept without some much as a dream, but I did not. I was visited by Mehrunes Dagon while I slept. I stood on an endless, green plain with the Daedra, who stood with two of his arms crossed. I would quite confidently say that the Daedra, chaotic by nature, was uncomfortable in such a calm atmosphere. As we stood, though, the horizon faded away, giving way to a hellish scenario. The billowy clouds were replaced by violent whirlwinds; the grass made room for licking flames. Even I was more pleased with this background.

“You continue to fulfill my work, mortal,” began the Daedra lord.

“Indeed, I have. However, you promised me blessings if I did well for you,” I said, feeling very confident for being in the presence of the most feared Daedra.

“You are a brave one, mortal, and a selfish one at that. But I have said this, so I will live up to my end of the deal. What is it you desire?”

I needed no time to think. “A way to kill Maria,” I stated bluntly.

“I have already given this to you, little mortal. Have you forgotten so soon?” I was as silent as the grave, for I knew not what he meant. “The daggers which I gave to you: do you still have them?”

“No, but I know where they are, my lord,” I said, developing a sudden feeling of anxiety.

“No need for worry, mortal. Do not doubt that such trifles are beyond my grasp. The daggers will be returned to you. As for the servant of Sheogorath, you have only to cut her down with the blades. Do you know why they’re so special, mortal?” he asked.

“No, my lord. I haven’t the slightest idea,” I replied truthfully.

“Soul stealers, Mabriel,” I was startled at the use of my name; I had become accustomed to ‘mortal.’ “They can snatch the life out of the mightiest of beings. That includes the undying, like your little nemesis. Even better, young Mabriel, they transfer that being’s power to the wielder of the blades. Meaning you.”

“Thank you, my lord.”

“Yes, yes. Now you have business to attend to. Continue in my ways.” The scene faded away, and reality flooded back into my eyes. I was in a seemingly unfamiliar place. However, as I regained more of my waking reasoning and clear-headedness, I realized that I was in a random alley in the Imperial City. My precious daggers were clutched in my hands.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Taillus
post Mar 17 2006, 08:27 PM
Post #5

Knower
Group Icon

Very impressive indeed. Very sassy too. This story will always be one of my favorites just because the style of the work is so fluid and seems to have a certain beat to it. Another good update but I would expect no less. Continue, I am curious to read more.

--------------------
“Worry not, young Breton. This will be over very quickly but I wish I could say that it would be painless. You will suffer greatly before you join the countless other souls that fuel my power.” - Taillus
+Quote Post
minque
post Mar 17 2006, 08:51 PM
Post #6

Wise Woman
Group Icon

I think Kiln just said what I was thinking after reading these parts.....oh and I´m going to do exactly the same with this cahpter as I said i´d do with the other ones....

sSirin you are a very good writer, I like the fluent style, it seems as the words come very easy to you! I´m really impressed!

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Mar 17 2006, 09:29 PM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

Ah, I'd nearly forgotten about those. I can't wait to see some vampire hunting.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Sirin
post Mar 18 2006, 12:40 AM
Post #8

Evoker

Part 3- The Body Merchant

In spite of the mystery of my reacquired weapons, I stood up and dusted my clothing off. I felt wonderful. All of my aches and pains were gone, and having multicolored eyes didn’t seem to be such a problem anymore. In regards to my good mood, (and my desire for advantageous information), I set off to the Blue Bandit.

My old, fat friend Kerric was not behind the bar top like usual, but instead handing out drinks to his customers. I sat down on one of the many barstools and waited for him to return. Eventually he did, and I noticed he was breathing rather heavily.

“Good morning, old friend. I take it all this moving about has been quite an exercise for you, eh?” I said sarcastically.

“Mornin’, Mabe! If only ya knew the woes of a sick assistant. Mara, the server, has been sick for several days now,’ he replied defensively.

“Indeed. I’ll have a glass of ale, and preferably some information.”

“An’ who would ya want information on, Mabe?” he asked while preparing my drink.

“Syn Elsteen. She’s a…”

“Senator?” he interrupted. “Yeah, I’ve heard o’ her. Would I be right t’say that she is the girl with little protection?”

“No protection, actually. Vercindelle said she lived in a beat up inn near the outskirts of town. She has absolutely no guards,” I informed him.

“Well, little or no guards, I got some dirt on her. She’s been in here every once in a while. Very…strange wants and needs, I’d say.”

“Such as…?” I inquired, hoping he meant something natural, as in anything other than having to dress in little clothing.

“Nothing too bad, Mabe, just…odd. She has an Argonian slave boy fetch things for her, here in town. Er…Runs-From-Winds, I believe. Ay, that’s ‘is name. Most o’ the time, he in the market for her food.”

“And of course, Kerric, what else would be more peculiar than fetching food?” I jeered.

“It’s not what the lad does, Mabe, it’s what he gets!” he replied.

“And that would be?” For once, I wished Kerric would come out and tell me the straightforward story, instead of his typical dancing speech. It was all too common for him too beat around the bush.

“People, Mabe. She eats people,” he whispered. I allowed my eyes to widen in unison with his, for I was truly shocked.

“This… senator… she eats people? How is she so respected, then?” I posed.

“I guess no one really knows why Runs From Winds takes the bodies home. I don’t know, Mabe. Maybe they don’t even know he works for ‘er.”

“So, what would YOU suggest I do, Kerric?”

“Well, if ya could get some poison, and find the merchant who gives the lad the bodies, you might be able to work something out,” he stated, apparently proud of his many ways of killing.

“Poison the bodies, I imagine? One would only assume you have the poison and the knowledge of who sells the bodies, correct?”

“Mabe, I do have the poison, but I have no idea who’s got the bodies. All I know is that it’s an Imperial man. ‘Sides that, yer on your own,” he said before tossing me a bottle of the venomous substance.

“That will do, Kerric. Here’s some silver for the drink,” I offered. He declined my gold, claiming that a free drink or two never hurt anyone, and sent me on my way. I made my way towards the market square, attempting to picture the Imperial man in my head. However, I made effort to no avail, for the only face to come to my mind was Maria’s. How that woman bothered me, I can never express! She would die soon. That is, if I found time amongst all the body-hunting.

The market was packed with Imperials. I wondered if Kerric had told me such a fact in satire. Perhaps he already knew that the market was populated solely by the Imperial race. I found myself loathing the whole lot of them, but searched anyways.

I asked countless merchants if they had anything “special” for sale. Consequently, countless merchants turned me away. Finally, I found a rather devious looking man who told me that he did have something special saved for me. He led me a short distance to a small building and palmed a small, rusty key. As he unlocked the door, I hoped that he had what I was looking for. After all, he was rather sinister in appearance. Surely only this man could sell dead people to a cannibalistic politician.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jchamber
post Mar 18 2006, 05:03 PM
Post #9

Finder
Group Icon

you said I could read chapter six but I can't find it...lol, this part was uneventful and slower than usual, sorry I don't have more to say......getting tired of reading, lol.

This post has been edited by jchamber: Mar 18 2006, 05:28 PM

--------------------
This is AP Erebus's baby, but I intend to help
(VVclick for site linkage)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:28 PM