Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Should Saya Wear?
mALX
post Aug 6 2016, 05:42 PM
Post #41

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 5 2016, 09:16 PM) *

I found one more outfit for Kireteki - Witch Elf Armor. I am not sure if I want to look for more. So I will probably decide between this and the Lustrianna's Daedric Armor.

No girl should have just one outfit; even female Twilight! One could be her day look, the other night? One could be combat, the other casual or "Party Time?"

I like them both! The Daedric goes well with Saya's armor; the other matches Saya's skin coloring. Either way, she is going to ROCK as Saya's complement.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 6 2016, 12:05 PM) *

I don't like the netherbits skull much either. Or the hanging leather crotch on the Daedric version either. So I am still on the fence.

I'd keep the Witches, and change the texture on the skull then. Her coloring shows through much more in this outfit; and she can't wear armor all the time.

Technically, I prefer that small patch-cover to the long leather hanging crotch. But if it is just the skull texture you aren't liking; change that texture out for one you do like.

This post has been edited by mALX: Aug 6 2016, 05:44 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 6 2016, 07:22 PM
Post #42

Councilor
Group Icon

It doesn't look as if it would be hard to remove the skull from the Witch Elf, and use a modified copy of the rear piece in its place. Let me know if that's of interest.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 6 2016, 07:31 PM
Post #43

Ancient
Group Icon

Removing the skull and replacing it with the same kind metal plates as the rest of the armor is definitely what I would prefer. But I don't think it is necessary anymore.

The Silverlight Armor with the black Silvernight retexture have come to the rescue

I would prefer it without the boots to show off the spots on her legs, but it looks funny that way, because the cuirass piece also adds greaves on her upper legs.

I had to take the pics in Riverwood, because the armor looked green in my testing cell. It must be something in my lighting...

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Aug 6 2016, 07:33 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 6 2016, 07:39 PM
Post #44

Paladin
Group Icon

Oh, that looks nice indeed! I see what you mean about the boots & greaves. I actually think the little greaves look okay without the boots - and the boots certainly are a bit clunky for the overall fairly delicate look.

You didn't lose her wings, did you?

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 6 2016, 07:55 PM
Post #45

Councilor
Group Icon

Here's an idea what it might look like. This was just done crudely in NifSkope, duplicating the piece and re-positioning it. If doing it for real, it would need re-weighting as well. I could also chop up the armors into multiple body slots, so you could mix and match with the Black Silverlight. I'm thinking that the top half of the Witch Elf would go well with just the bottom half of the Silverlight body (with no leg parts).

The cross in the witch elf one could become a T at the front, while I'm at it.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Aug 6 2016, 07:59 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 6 2016, 08:11 PM
Post #46

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 6 2016, 02:39 PM) *

Oh, that looks nice indeed! I see what you mean about the boots & greaves. I actually think the little greaves look okay without the boots - and the boots certainly are a bit clunky for the overall fairly delicate look.

You didn't lose her wings, did you?

Whoa, what happened to them? I did not even notice. I wonder if the Silverlight cuirass is using the same body slot as the wings? I just tried it again, and her wings are there with the armor. I don't know what happened there.

QUOTE(ghastley @ Aug 6 2016, 02:55 PM) *

Here's an idea what it might look like. This was just done crudely in NifSkope, duplicating the piece and re-positioning it. If doing it for real, it would need re-weighting as well. I could also chop up the armors into multiple body slots, so you could mix and match with the Black Silverlight. I'm thinking that the top half of the Witch Elf would go well with just the bottom half of the Silverlight body (with no leg parts).

The cross in the witch elf one could become a T at the front, while I'm at it.

Wow, that looks fantastic just like that! But the crotch area might indeed look better as a T shape than a cross. It is definitely better than the Silverlight. If you would make just a single .nif file of that, I'd be very grateful.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Aug 6 2016, 08:19 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 6 2016, 09:51 PM
Post #47

Councilor
Group Icon

Try this new mesh - there are both _0 and _1 copies, as I don't know what weight you're using. Just overwrite the existing ones. I assume it's easy enough to re-install if I broke it.

I haven't tested it myself. You should be able to do that quicker than I can, as I'd need to install the Twilight as well.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 6 2016, 10:52 PM
Post #48

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Aug 6 2016, 04:51 PM) *

Try this new mesh - there are both _0 and _1 copies, as I don't know what weight you're using. Just overwrite the existing ones. I assume it's easy enough to re-install if I broke it.

I haven't tested it myself. You should be able to do that quicker than I can, as I'd need to install the Twilight as well.

It did not work out so well. It has a similar effect on Saya, who is a vanilla Dark Elf. The parts just don't stretch out so far on her is all.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 7 2016, 12:15 AM
Post #49

Councilor
Group Icon

Try the link again. I just fixed a sequence error in the _0 nif. The pieces have to be in the same order, or the weight slider tries to morph one piece into a different one, and that happens.

Edit: Just found another issue with the loincloth. Hold off for now. Should be good now. Worked on Illia.

I discovered that loading part of the mesh into Blender and just re-exporting was changing the triangle count! So I did the same with the other copy and got the same number back out. That seems to have fixed it.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Aug 7 2016, 01:24 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 7 2016, 01:57 AM
Post #50

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Aug 6 2016, 07:15 PM) *

Try the link again. I just fixed a sequence error in the _0 nif. The pieces have to be in the same order, or the weight slider tries to morph one piece into a different one, and that happens.

Edit: Just found another issue with the loincloth. Hold off for now. Should be good now. Worked on Illia.

I discovered that loading part of the mesh into Blender and just re-exporting was changing the triangle count! So I did the same with the other copy and got the same number back out. That seems to have fixed it.

That did the trick! Thank you so much, I am definitely going to use this with Kireteki.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 7 2016, 02:05 AM
Post #51

Paladin
Group Icon

By Azura! I agree - the best of all worlds and it looks fabulous. Great taste, SubRosa! Ghastley, once again your talent with the CK shines through!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 7 2016, 03:00 AM
Post #52

Ancient
Group Icon

Here is how Saya and Kireteki look together

I also spent much of today integrating the Silvernight black and red retexture into my existing Silverlight Armor mod, so the black and red is a standalone alongside the original silver. I even took the mail from the original silver version and created a black and red mailed version.

So naturally I had to take a picture of that as well. I have always loved that armor, but it feels just too exotic for Skyrim. It worked great in Oblivion though.

I'll be sticking with the Ordinator Armor for Saya though. Now I will have to start looking at stats for her armor and mace. I also need to look at the same for Kireteki. I gave her a Daedric Sword for the moment, but I might just want to let her use her claws. I also want her to have some spells, so she can shoot Saya in the back.

I also need to decide whether I want her to level up with Saya. That would allow me to use just one spell to summon her for the entire game. Or I could go the standard route and make two versions of Kireteki, a regular one and a Potent one unlocked by the Elemental Potency perk. Which leads me to another question. Do I want Saya to start being able to summon Kireteki? Or should she start with the standard Flame/Frost/Storm Astronauts first?

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Aug 7 2016, 03:10 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 7 2016, 03:25 AM
Post #53

Councilor
Group Icon

I'd let her summon Kireteki right away, but level her. That avoids the situation where the atronach might be a better choice because of resistances etc. If Saya has a regular summon, she won't get into a habit of using the others.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 7 2016, 08:43 AM
Post #54

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 6 2016, 02:31 PM) *

Removing the skull and replacing it with the same kind metal plates as the rest of the armor is definitely what I would prefer. But I don't think it is necessary anymore.

The Silverlight Armor with the black Silvernight retexture have come to the rescue

I would prefer it without the boots to show off the spots on her legs, but it looks funny that way, because the cuirass piece also adds greaves on her upper legs.

I had to take the pics in Riverwood, because the armor looked green in my testing cell. It must be something in my lighting...

I'm not excited about this armor; prefer the Witch one to this.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 6 2016, 08:57 PM) *

QUOTE(ghastley @ Aug 6 2016, 07:15 PM) *

That did the trick! Thank you so much, I am definitely going to use this with Kireteki.

MUCH better !!! But can you color the jewel in her tiara to the same color as her loincloth?

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 6 2016, 10:00 PM) *

This looks AWESOME !!!! Perfect !!!!

The second picture of them together in red that you linked just didn't do it for me at all.

The third picture in Oblivion looked great !!!

This post has been edited by mALX: Aug 7 2016, 08:44 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 7 2016, 09:21 PM
Post #55

Ancient
Group Icon

I spent the afternoon tweaking the Winged Twilight mod more. I did make Kireteki level with the player, with a minimum level of 8 and a max of 80 (I have never had a character get that high). I gave her the starting shock, healing, and a mid-level vampire drain. I also created a Potent Twilight Race, with higher stats, and used that to create a Potent Kireteki that is summoned with the Elemental Potency perk. She also has higher level versions of the same spells. I decided not to go with weapons, but instead increased the Twilight race's unarmed damage.

I also did some final tweaks on Saya - adding modded spells like night eye, open locks, etc... I also worked a bit on her face, since her cheeks looked a little hollow to me. While I was at it, I decided to visit the hair salon...

Valdi-Saya

Saya with a ponytail

If Saya was a movie star

Help me Obi-Wan...

I came so close to making this one permanent

Punk Saya

Another movie star look

If Saya went native

But I will be sticking with her side-parted bob, at least for now

Now I just need to decided where to start her out. Saya was last seen in Cyrodiil. But that was back in the 3rd Era. Her Ordinator armor points to a visit to Morrowind. So she might start at the Morrowind-Skyrim border, either on the road east of Windhelm, or the one east of Riften. I am toying with starting her on Solstheim. But I think the monsters there are scaled up higher than normal, which would make it a bad place for a 1st level character.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Aug 7 2016, 09:31 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 7 2016, 09:44 PM
Post #56

Paladin
Group Icon

What a fun day Saya must have had at the hairstylist! I'm glad you settled back with 'her' style - I think it really does suit her.

Since your focus here was on hair, it really struck me that the golden blonde seems a bit. . . warm for Saya (both her nature and other coloring). Cooling it to more of a platinum or even white might suit her well? In fact, was not her original hair color from TF days white?

Edit: Oh - starting location. All three of the options you mentioned are good. I think I'd pick the road to Windhelm. As you say, it clearly comes from Morrowind. It also boasts the following that I think would suit well:
- A harsh inhospitable climate.
- A harsh inhospitable city (to Dunmer).
- Proximity to the College of Winterhold.

This post has been edited by Acadian: Aug 7 2016, 09:47 PM

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 7 2016, 10:38 PM
Post #57

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 7 2016, 04:44 PM) *

Since your focus here was on hair, it really struck me that the golden blonde seems a bit. . . warm for Saya (both her nature and other coloring). Cooling it to more of a platinum or even white might suit her well? In fact, was not her original hair color from TF days white?

She actually started out black when I first created her in Oblivion. But when she switched to white she really came into her own.

Unfortunately some of those hairstyles just won't do white. The blond/auburn color is literally the closest they will come.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 8 2016, 12:04 AM
Post #58

Paladin
Group Icon

Oh, I know what you mean. Well, we'll just rely on the gold highlights in her beautiful armor to tie things together and it will work wonderfully! smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 8 2016, 11:25 AM
Post #59

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 7 2016, 04:21 PM) *

But I will be sticking with her side-parted bob, at least for now

Now I just need to decided where to start her out. Saya was last seen in Cyrodiil. But that was back in the 3rd Era. Her Ordinator armor points to a visit to Morrowind. So she might start at the Morrowind-Skyrim border, either on the road east of Windhelm, or the one east of Riften. I am toying with starting her on Solstheim. But I think the monsters there are scaled up higher than normal, which would make it a bad place for a 1st level character.

This is my favorite hair - the one she had before the wig-athon, lol. I'd have to see something a lot better than this to switch my opinion; and none of the other wigs quite made it; though the one sided one you liked came close (and I technically liked the tribal one too, but maybe not on Saya, lol)

I didn't realize Solstheim was so tough! I did go ahead and buy the DLC, but haven't actually played it yet.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 8 2016, 02:21 PM
Post #60

Councilor
Group Icon

The side-part one does follow on from her Oblivion style, better than all the others.

I'm personally biased towards styles that reveal an elf's ears, as they're one of the significant differences with the man races, so don't ask me. tongue.gif

A Solstheim start needs a level 20 character, so I'd save that to later. Also the cultists may still appear on the mainland, and if they're too high-level, nobody will survive.

--------------------
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:23 AM