Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Evergloam, And a bit of Moonshadow, too. Post-TG quests.
mALX
post Jul 23 2013, 08:39 AM
Post #21

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jul 22 2013, 04:59 PM) *

Forgot to mention: Thanks to mr_siika, Evergloam now has Ravens circling over the castle, and the entry portal. I also have bats ready to install in a cave somewhere nearby.

Moonshadow has some deer roaming around, and I'm weighing the choices for who stole her crescent, and where it's hidden. I have a cave on the island that hasn't been populated yet, so it will probably get used, but it might only be part of the path.

Mr Silka has some excellent birds, I got some of his gulls at the lighthouse in Anvil.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 25 2013, 08:35 AM
Post #22

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jul 19 2013, 05:58 PM) *

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jul 19 2013, 11:27 AM) *

Bats for Evergloam maybe?

And ravens wherever there's enough light. Thanks!

My avatar likes that last one biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 28 2013, 11:23 PM
Post #23

Councilor
Group Icon

I've added a cave to the island near the back of Evergloam Castle, and installed some bats. They're there, complete with fireball spells, to try and keep a lid on the vampire problem. Since Evergloam is in permanent darkness, it's a magnet for all the homeless vampires that can find their way there. Nocturnal suspects that Sheogorath sends any that get into his realm over to hers. Did you ever see a vampire in the Shivering Isles? Didn't think so!

The bats are all in a special faction that has -100 disposition modifier to the Vampire faction. I'm not sure whether it means the bats hate the vampires, or the other way round, but it should persuade them to fight each other when they're in range.

The cave system re-uses parts of Underpall Cavern, so there's a fort ruin part where there are vampires, and no bats. I'm thinking that Nocturnal might offer a bounty on Vampire Dust, like Roland Jenseric does, maybe the same amount, so you don't prefer one to the other. However, that's for after the initial quest to go to the cave, which I'm still working up. I need a reason for the continuing nuisance of vampire presence to have crossed a line somewhere, to get Nocturnal angry enough to do something extra. Maybe an attack on one of her Seducers?

This post has been edited by ghastley: Jul 30 2013, 03:00 PM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 29 2013, 11:52 AM
Post #24

Ancient
Group Icon

I love the idea of Sheo sending vamps to torment, and the bats hating the vampires! That must be very cool to sneak in and watch the action!

Maybe they could have made a thrall or prisoner of a Seducer and the Player has to rescue them?

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 29 2013, 05:48 PM
Post #25

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 29 2013, 06:52 AM) *

Maybe they could have made a thrall or prisoner of a Seducer and the Player has to rescue them?

The problem with that is that I've just done a rescue quest, and I don't want two back-to-back. But then, there aren't many options: go fetch an item, go rescue a prisoner, go kill an enemy. I tried adding a bit of variety by combining the first two in the one I linked. I made it a bit like Culotte, where most of the enemies appear when you're trying to get back out, which means I can't do that again in this one.

I suppose that means this has to be "go kill the vampire boss" in some way.

Another problem with the whole series is rewards. After you've done a whole quest-line (in this case TG complete is a pre-requisite), then you don't need much. You've already found your choice of awesome weapon, live in the best houses, and are stupidly rich.

To make matters worse, Nocturnal wants to get back any Daedric artifacts that aren't being used fully. That would make it silly for her to give you something you won't use.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 30 2013, 12:03 PM
Post #26

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jul 29 2013, 12:48 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 29 2013, 06:52 AM) *

The problem with that is that I've just done a rescue quest, and I don't want two back-to-back. But then, there aren't many options: go fetch an item, go rescue a prisoner, go kill an enemy. I tried adding a bit of variety by combining the first two in the one I linked. I made it a bit like Culotte, where most of the enemies appear when you're trying to get back out, which means I can't do that again in this one.

I suppose that means this has to be "go kill the vampire boss" in some way.

Another problem with the whole series is rewards. After you've done a whole quest-line (in this case TG complete is a pre-requisite), then you don't need much. You've already found your choice of awesome weapon, live in the best houses, and are stupidly rich.

To make matters worse, Nocturnal wants to get back any Daedric artifacts that aren't being used fully. That would make it silly for her to give you something you won't use.

Yeah, the rewards can be something intangible like a room in her Palace or a Dark Seducer follower, or an article of clothing.

The thing is, no matter how rich I got in game, I always kept momentos of special quests; even if I never used them and just displayed them in my house. So it doesn't even have to be something valuable or over-powered.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jul 30 2013, 01:37 PM
Post #27

Councilor
Group Icon

I’m with mALX on the quest rewards. Summon Seducer or (Winged Hottie for Azura) would be an awesome reward for finishing the questline, and a free bed and safe storage to use while visiting the realm would be a great way to say “you belong here” after a quest or two. Weapon rewards would probably only get used if they looked cool, like a black version of glass or something.

Decorative items, different clothes, and alchemy ingredients are what brought my characters back to the Shivering Isles. I could see wanting to return to Evergloam to hunt shadow cats, harvest black mushrooms caps and mist weed, and search for the illusive Summon Bat (or Summon Raven) spell tomes. If you have a settlement there could be a merchant selling Stygian Brandy and Ebony Ale.

hehe.gif

Now I'm trying to think of a fun alternative bounty Nocturnal could offer on vampire dust for those who are already rich. Of course talking to Nocturnal is its own reward, but still.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 30 2013, 01:52 PM
Post #28

Ancient
Group Icon

Oh, instead of a reward she could give predictions into the Player's future like that lady in the Leyawiin Mages Guild does - each time you come back she gives a different prediction (as long as it is past 24 hours game time since you asked her last). It is based on what stages of what quests the Player has done, I think. If nothing has changed she can tell them to go do something and come back, lol.

This post has been edited by mALX: Jul 30 2013, 01:52 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jul 30 2013, 02:01 PM
Post #29

Councilor
Group Icon

Enchanted arrows would also be a welcome gift, since they get used up. I’m trying to think of a blessing Nocturnal could give that would help a thief but not just duplicate the skills they’ve already mastered while pursuing the TG questline. Maybe a day-long Shield effect.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 30 2013, 02:59 PM
Post #30

Councilor
Group Icon

I like the idea of summon spells for the questline final rewards. A lesser duration for Azura's, as it's only part-way through the series, like the two levels of summon you get in the SI. Since I have both genders of Winged Twilight, I'll give the player the choice.

Decorative items is a good idea. Azura has that special blue Ayleid ware in her palace, and could give the player a planter with some (unique new?) useful ingredient plant in it. I can probably find something appropriate for Nocturnal, too. Maybe those exotic drinks. Guest rooms in the residences means a bit of rework for the interiors, but could be possible. Evergloam castle already has a few spare doors, and Moonshadow Hall has adjacent islands that could get a "beach hut" added.

After the first quest, I think Nocturnal should make sure the player has a night-eye enchanted item, so that the glare of a torch or light spell doesn't annoy the Seducers. I'm working on the script to lower their disposition if the player lights the place up. I'm not sure how to work out if the player already has something, other than being a Khajiit, of course. It may be sufficient to check if the player has night-eye active when he talks to her in the castle at the end of the first quest. If he has it, but isn't using it, that will serve to point out the error, even if the "reward" is redundant.

I think I have my reason for the "hunt down the vampires" quest. When you rescue Cyndil, she stays at Evergloam Castle so that Nocturnal can check her out for PTSD. That was mainly so that I could end her following the player, but it also provides a magnet for the vampires, who need mortal, not Daedric, blood. They've just taken refuge from the daylight in her realm up to then, but Cyndil's presence changes things.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Jul 30 2013, 03:04 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jul 30 2013, 06:50 PM
Post #31

Councilor
Group Icon

I had thought about Nighteye, too. It’s likely that a thief will have either Alchemy or Illusion to solve that problem, but a cool enchanted item would still be very appreciated. Maybe something like those goggles Teresa uses, or non-armor gloves enchanted with both Nighteye and Detect Life? That would make my little sneak very happy since the game doesn’t allow two effects on self-enchanted apparel. Plus a Detect Life boost is always welcome.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 31 2013, 02:23 PM
Post #32

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jul 30 2013, 01:50 PM) *

... the game doesn’t allow two effects on self-enchanted apparel.

Thanks for reminding me of that. It can make an item useful, even if you already have the effects on separate things. Swapping two rings for one frees up a slot for something else. (Or gloves, goggles as amulet, ... )

And the idea of enchanted arrows as a reward is working out. If the player brings back the arrows they find in the boss chest after the vampire hunt - levelled ones combining fire damage and light, which already exist in the game - then the smith at the castle will be able to make more. Those are just the tool for repeat vampire hunting.

Edit, rather than fresh post - I'm starting work on loading screens for Evergloam and Moonshadow. The latter gets a version of the misty approach shot I posted before. Evergloam, being so dark, is proving a problem. I may have to cheat and override the weather for screenshot purposes.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Aug 2 2013, 02:45 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 2 2013, 09:46 PM
Post #33

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jul 30 2013, 09:59 AM) *

I like the idea of summon spells for the questline final rewards. A lesser duration for Azura's, as it's only part-way through the series, like the two levels of summon you get in the SI. Since I have both genders of Winged Twilight, I'll give the player the choice.

Decorative items is a good idea. Azura has that special blue Ayleid ware in her palace, and could give the player a planter with some (unique new?) useful ingredient plant in it. I can probably find something appropriate for Nocturnal, too. Maybe those exotic drinks. Guest rooms in the residences means a bit of rework for the interiors, but could be possible. Evergloam castle already has a few spare doors, and Moonshadow Hall has adjacent islands that could get a "beach hut" added.

After the first quest, I think Nocturnal should make sure the player has a night-eye enchanted item, so that the glare of a torch or light spell doesn't annoy the Seducers. I'm working on the script to lower their disposition if the player lights the place up. I'm not sure how to work out if the player already has something, other than being a Khajiit, of course. It may be sufficient to check if the player has night-eye active when he talks to her in the castle at the end of the first quest. If he has it, but isn't using it, that will serve to point out the error, even if the "reward" is redundant.

I think I have my reason for the "hunt down the vampires" quest. When you rescue Cyndil, she stays at Evergloam Castle so that Nocturnal can check her out for PTSD. That was mainly so that I could end her following the player, but it also provides a magnet for the vampires, who need mortal, not Daedric, blood. They've just taken refuge from the daylight in her realm up to then, but Cyndil's presence changes things.

WOO HOO! Do we only get one Winged Twilight? What a great reward !!!

special blue Ayleid ware in her palace, and could give the player a planter with some (unique new?) useful ingredient plant in it.

Is this a reference to ... Tupperware? BWAAHAA!

BOLD: BWAAHAA!

I am hugely excited over this mod!

This post has been edited by mALX: Aug 2 2013, 09:58 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 2 2013, 10:07 PM
Post #34

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jul 31 2013, 09:23 AM) *

QUOTE(Grits @ Jul 30 2013, 01:50 PM) *

... the game doesn’t allow two effects on self-enchanted apparel.

Thanks for reminding me of that. It can make an item useful, even if you already have the effects on separate things. Swapping two rings for one frees up a slot for something else. (Or gloves, goggles as amulet, ... )

And the idea of enchanted arrows as a reward is working out. If the player brings back the arrows they find in the boss chest after the vampire hunt - levelled ones combining fire damage and light, which already exist in the game - then the smith at the castle will be able to make more. Those are just the tool for repeat vampire hunting.

Edit, rather than fresh post - I'm starting work on loading screens for Evergloam and Moonshadow. The latter gets a version of the misty approach shot I posted before. Evergloam, being so dark, is proving a problem. I may have to cheat and override the weather for screenshot purposes.

I love the idea of enchanted arrows, good ones are hard to come by in game.

I'll have to "cheat" and lighten my screen plus probably use night-eye as welll through the whole quest anyway, have night blindness, lol. I am loving this mod; and loving following your progress as it takes shape and grows from an idea to a downloadable mod; how you think everything through - this is amazing!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 4 2013, 12:44 AM
Post #35

Councilor
Group Icon

Come and get it!

I've put together an alpha version 0.1 so that folks can give me some feedback. For mALX, I've included an alternate plug-in that doesn't use SI assets, so anyone should be able to use this. You will need a character that has completed the Thieves Guild quest-line, or nothing will happen!

It's an adult mod, with Daedra seducer guards patrolling naked except for their sandals and wings, and Nocturnal and Azura are habitually topless. A Bosmer you have to rescue is chained up with her legs raised in the Dremora Citadel. The scamps there are also abusing the other female prisoners.

This only has the first three quests, so you won't get any quests for Azura yet. However, you can use "coc MoonshadowEntrance" to go wander around her realm and visit her in her beach hut. It does have things like loading screens, and local maps, but the caves and paths have no inimical wildlife.

I suppose you could also use "coc EvergloamEntry" to go there if you don't have a suitable character.

Evergloam mod (50MB) - BAIN archive, and since it uses some commonly used modders' resources, I'd recommend using BAIN to avoid problems with other mods that share them.
Walkthrough - There's a link to the Azura's crescent quest, but until it's created, that link will be broken. You may find a few more "not yet implemented" bits.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 4 2013, 04:23 AM
Post #36

Ancient
Group Icon

WOO HOO! DL'd it; will have to find an old save to use (I think I have one that was through the Thieves Guild quest). If I can't find one, I'll choose an old save and play through it.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT !!!!!!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 5 2013, 04:31 PM
Post #37

Councilor
Group Icon

It's all Acadian's fault.

Soon enough, more waves were lifting me with them. With both knees anchored to the ground, mystical energy surged and grew uncontrollably within me until one hand broke from its grip on the muscles of Savlian’s chest to spike the air wildly with erupting magicka. The errant spell that I could not control caused both of us to momentarily disappear as I cried out to the treetops and the lion roared again. I collapsed forward onto his chest, both of us spent and exhausted.

Buffy gave me the idea that certain situations may lead magically-inclined ladies to involuntarily cast spells. That made me wonder what the consequences would be if it were a Daedric Princess with effectively unlimited magicka reserves. I'm sure that destruction spells could be potentially disastrous if steps were not taken to manage the magicka overspill.

So Azura's crescent is her "safety valve". It absorbs the spill-over of magicka before she can blow the entire building away. And if it gets stolen, she's got a problem.

My problem is deciding who'd steal it, and why.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Aug 5 2013, 04:32 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 5 2013, 04:39 PM
Post #38

Paladin
Group Icon

Hee! Buffy's passion comes back to haunt her! ohmy.gif embarrased.gif biggrin.gif

Fortunately, she's an illusionist and not a destruction mage. Yikes, such passion channeled into destruction could be really dangerous! panic.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 5 2013, 08:47 PM
Post #39

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Aug 5 2013, 11:31 AM) *

It's all Acadian's fault.

Soon enough, more waves were lifting me with them. With both knees anchored to the ground, mystical energy surged and grew uncontrollably within me until one hand broke from its grip on the muscles of Savlian’s chest to spike the air wildly with erupting magicka. The errant spell that I could not control caused both of us to momentarily disappear as I cried out to the treetops and the lion roared again. I collapsed forward onto his chest, both of us spent and exhausted.

Buffy gave me the idea that certain situations may lead magically-inclined ladies to involuntarily cast spells. That made me wonder what the consequences would be if it were a Daedric Princess with effectively unlimited magicka reserves. I'm sure that destruction spells could be potentially disastrous if steps were not taken to manage the magicka overspill.

So Azura's crescent is her "safety valve". It absorbs the spill-over of magicka before she can blow the entire building away. And if it gets stolen, she's got a problem.

My problem is deciding who'd steal it, and why.

SPEW! I remembered that scene, love your insight into the different ways it could be used; most especially the bolded line had me roaring (but not like a lion), lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 12 2013, 04:08 PM
Post #40

Councilor
Group Icon

The Azura's Crescent quest is now implemented, but I'm still doing a bunch of cosmetic changes in Moonshadow, as well as prep-work for future quests. The Seducers and Twilights' wings are now animated at last, and I've created the Summon Twilight spell, as the reward for that quest. It will probably be adaptable for a Summon Seducer one later.

The Cyndil rescue quest has been tested with Cyndil getting pushed into the lava, so that the bow is not retrievable, and all the outcomes tested. I still need to adjust the rewards for that one, so that you get more for bring back both Cyndil and the bow, and a bonus if she has it, not the player. I'm thinking Gold rewards, higher than any merchant would give for the artifact, and maybe having Nocturnal buy any other artifacts you have as well (any that are acceptable for the MQ that is). Most characters seem to just have those on display, as the enchantments aren't what they use.

First quest will net you a ring with Night-eye and Fortify Sneak. I tried it with Night-eye + Detect Life, and the result was unpleasant. Those are two things I prefer to use separately.

Bat cave quest gets you continuing rewards of Vampire Dust bounty + enchanted arrows at the smithy, so there's nothing at completion.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Aug 12 2013, 04:11 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:30 PM