Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Breaking the Dawn, How about being really evil?
Colonel Mustard
post Apr 26 2009, 09:11 PM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

Right, I had an idea for a kickass Oblivion mod. Now, as we all know, you are offered the option of joining the Mythic Dawn cult when you go to get the Amulet of Kings, but once you have you can't actually do anything with the cult.

Well I want to change that.

I propose a radical and insane mod idea that will massively change Oblivion's storyline-a chance to follow the dark path of daedra worship and bring about the doom of all creation.

This will be big, and entire alternate storyline for Oblivion. I'm thinking along the lines of leading daedric assaults on cities, assassinations of important figures such as Martin, Jauffre, or High Chancellor Ocato (or could he be an inside man... tongue.gif ). The quest would be an alternative storyline to Oblivion's, one where, while you can do jobs for the guilds and so forth, there will be a finalised ending when Mehrunes Dagon takes over the world and rewards your character with immortality in Paradise.

And of course, you can then use that kick boat armour the Mythic Dawn all have.

Anyway, the problem is that I have no idea how to write quests or stuff like that-I don't even know how to select a master file on the Oblivion Construction Set! So I need to gather together a team of people willing to help me with this, who can write scripts, create quests and NPCs and perhaps make some textures for new weapons (though I'm unsure as to whether or not that's necessary). While I can lend a hand on the more creative stuff, such as quest ideas and voiceovers and writing stats for weapons, my modding skills, as mentioned earlier, are fairly limited, but I'll try and learn as I go along.

So, anybody interested?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
seerauna
post Apr 27 2009, 03:02 AM
Post #2

Finder
Group Icon

Can I help? My modding skills are pretty limited too, but I could help write scripts and come up with some quests if you need help with that.

--------------------
The arrow flies to kill
From the string it races
It’s only moments until,
It strikes.

Shadow in Darkness- My first ongoing FanFic!
+Quote Post
Illydoor
post Apr 27 2009, 04:19 PM
Post #3

Finder
Group Icon

I'd like to help, but like yourself my modding skills are pants and my technological know-how is close to nothing. But I'd be happy to help on the plot, the fluff and creative side of things, just ask wink.gif.

--------------------
Have you ever thought about taking the dark and thorny path?
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Apr 27 2009, 09:06 PM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

Well, any and all help is appreciated. Welcome aboard.

Now we need somebody with some technical know how...
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post May 10 2009, 05:51 PM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

Okay, since nobody with technical know how has yet to display an open interest in this, we might as well try and draw up a storyline for the faction quest. I was thinking something along the lines of:

Initiation: As well as the sacrifice, another quest to prove your loyalty to the Mythic Dawn.

Stepping up the campaign: Various quests used to weaken the Empire, so sabotaging Legions defenses, spreading panic, spying on the Blades, all that stuff.

Getting into full speed: More extreme things, such as assassinations and daedric assaults on cities.

Endgame: The final assault on the Imperial City, in which your character is awarded with Immortality and become the Dark Emperor/Empress of Tamriel (perhaps freeroaming afterwards around a completey rebuilt Cyrodiil, though that I'm unsure of).
+Quote Post
Illydoor
post May 10 2009, 06:44 PM
Post #6

Finder
Group Icon

Now this is what I'm talking about! Okay here's some ideas I had that you could use if you wanted to:

Quest 1: Spy on Brother Piner, Eronor and Prior Maborel and then eliminate them.

Harrow has given me an initiation quest to see if I'm worthy enough to become a patriot of Merhunes Dagon. I must travel to Weynon Priory and spy on its inhabitants in order to glean some information about the whereabouts of the last heir. Any strange objects that I find may also become of use. After I've completed my espionage, I must then eliminate them all, leaving a message on the altar of the chapel.

Harrow gives the initiate a special carafe to desecrate the altar with.

The initiate then goes to Weynon Priory, and can spy on Brother Piner and Prior Maborel talking. A message will pop-up after they talk for a while.

I have overheard Prior Maborel and Brother Pinder talking. They seem to think that some special stone is needed for Martin (Great Welkynd Stone). Harrow needs this important information, but now I must continue spying on the Priory's other inhabitants.

Initiate can then spy on Eronor, who is talking to a horseman about a delivery that is going to be sent to Martin.

Whilst spying on Eronor, I heard him ordering a courier to send some supplies to Martin. Unfortunately I couldn't hear most of the conversation, but he seemed to mention something about the Jerall Mountains...

The Initiate can then go inside and recover a list of all the daedric artifacts. A clue, perhaps?

Initiate can then eliminate all the people.

Prior Maborel has been slain.

Brother Pinder has been slain.

Eronor has been slain.

I have killed all the inhabitants of Weynon Priory, no more shall they preach to their false gods and deities. I should leave a message in their altar as Harrow says in order to show these fools what happens when they incur the wrath of Mehrunes Dagon.

Initiate can then go into the chapel and activate the special carafe with the font. In then becomes a fountain of blood and the altar is desecrated in glowing red runes. It can now be used as a sort of 'evil' altar, which can cure diseases even with high infamy or bounty.

I have desecrated Weynon Priory's altar as a message to all who oppose the Mythic Dawn. I should return to Harrow to recieve my award.

The reward is a set of enchanted Mythic Dawn robes, fortifying conjuration, destruction and alchemy 10 pts, and the hood fortifying strength, blade, and blunt 5 pts (at the highest level that is). This great prize comes at a price however, I was thinking later on in the quest when the Mythic Dawn's involvement becomes more prominent certain guards will attack you on sight (say a chance of about...50% a guard will assault you in a city).

Some other rewards I had in mind were:
A Mythic Dawn Amulet
A room in Lake Arrius Caverns
A statuette of Mehrunes Dagon that, when in your possession, makes no daedra attack you. (like scales of pitiless justice)
A new spell: Summon Mythic Dawn Armour
A new spell: Summon Mythic Dawn Mace/Sword
Companion - raven. An immortal bird that will follow you round and attack any enemies.

When you complete the quest:
Summon Oblivion Gate
Summon Avatar of Mehrunes Dagon
Dagon's Axe/sword/staff (you get to choose)
Armour of the Damned (some cool black spiky armour tongue.gif)

Does any of that interest you in the slightest?

This post has been edited by Illydoor: May 10 2009, 07:00 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post May 11 2009, 10:46 PM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

Nice work, Illy! That makes a very viable first quest unless anybody has some other one.

I like your other ideas too, but the guard one strikes me as a bad one. After 1 guard attacks you, the rest will and soon you might find an entire army of guards trying to kill you, or eachother. While at first it would be kind of cool, it would get annoying pretty fast.
+Quote Post
seerauna
post May 12 2009, 03:41 AM
Post #8

Finder
Group Icon

But say the guards only attacked you if you had your robes on? Kind of like the Gray Cowl from the end of the Thieves Guild quests.

--------------------
The arrow flies to kill
From the string it races
It’s only moments until,
It strikes.

+Quote Post
Illydoor
post May 12 2009, 04:27 PM
Post #9

Finder
Group Icon

Yeah that's what I meant - but only during later levels of the quest and with a chance of 10% that a guard actually does attack you in the first place.

Maybe the chance percentage gets higher depending on your level. Level 5 and below, say 3%, level 9 5% and so on.

Or you could just scrap it, it's your mod beanie biggrin.gif.

--------------------
+Quote Post
seerauna
post May 12 2009, 10:30 PM
Post #10

Finder
Group Icon

If you did use the guard idea it could be they only attacked you if you had your robes on and after you assaulted a city and/or assassinated a major figure.

--------------------
The arrow flies to kill
From the string it races
It’s only moments until,
It strikes.

+Quote Post
Crappynight
post Jan 1 2010, 01:53 PM
Post #11

Associate

I'm not sure it would be wise to give the initiate enchanted robes from the beginning. Too much for a start ))

I say, start with something small. Simple robes, dagger (new models would be nice). Sabotaging imperial legion camps in the woods for instance. Opening the gates (but it was done already in "Servants of the Dawn" mod)...
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:57 PM