Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> The little Coffee Shack, Life goes on!
stargelman
post Sep 2 2006, 09:23 PM
Post #1

Senor Snore
Group Icon

Howdy!

I'd type something more but I'm on the phone right now! I'll edit this later.

--------------------
Being good means getting better.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Sep 2 2006, 09:27 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

Heh, I build my own Coffee house while you were on the phone. Sorry about that, feel free to lock it.

After long debates with myself, I've taken the big step and made an Elfwood account. Now I can go and post some original work, though the queue means that I'm waiting for a few weeks till it actually gets put into the library. smile.gif

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
milanius
post Sep 2 2006, 09:31 PM
Post #3

Agent

C'est la Vie rolleyes.gif I wish I was rich, handsome, not at all dependant on my Backup Dialup connection... meh. Can't even get a proper coffee nowadays.

--------------------
Zlo činiti od zla se braneći,
tu zločinstva nema nikakvoga

Petar II Petrovic Njegos
(1813-1851)
+Quote Post
minque
post Sep 2 2006, 10:16 PM
Post #4

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(milanius @ Sep 2 2006, 10:31 PM) *

C'est la Vie rolleyes.gif I wish I was rich, handsome, not at all dependant on my Backup Dialup connection... meh. Can't even get a proper coffee nowadays.

Aww sweet Mil! Maybe you aren´t rich but you sure are handsome! (regarding the pics you posted!).....Come to Sweden, then I´ll make you a really nice cup of coffee! And I´ll let you use my broadband!

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Sep 3 2006, 02:40 AM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

Being not a huge fan of coffee, I'm just gonna sit here and enjoy some hot chocolate. It's kinda chilly today, so I might spike it with something, not sure yet... tongue.gif

Just came back from watching the film, Invincible. Wasn't too bad, I'm sure American Football buffs would like it a lot. I'm not one of those but I still found it rather enjoyable.

Still, for best movie I've watched this summer would either be Clerks 2, or Bon Cop Bad Cop.

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Sep 3 2006, 03:02 AM
Post #6

Mouth
Group Icon

Ibis strolls by along the sidewalk headed for the local fishmarket - A new store? ... A Coffee Shack?? .. how droll! I must pop in and have a cuppa. I spy The Metal Mallet with his hot chocolate and rummage in my purse and pull out a cute little bide-a-wee purple bottle of Chamborg Liquoer ..."here, pour some of this in your hot chockie, it's delicious"

I spy Milanius and Minque talking. Yes, Minky - Mil is very handsome. Matter of fact, I'm gonna send you a present that I think you are really going to like. Let's just call it a new coffeeshack-warming gift. lol Yeh, you've probably guessed what it is Milanius, there's just no fooling him! blink.gif

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Sep 3 2006, 03:16 AM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

*Takes some of the liquor and pours it into his hot chocolate* "Thanks! Would you care for an assortment of pastries, I have danishes, doughnuts, muffins, you know... coffee food."

Hmm, to work on an update, or do some gaming? Difficult choices I have...

--------------------

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Sep 3 2006, 03:24 AM
Post #8

Mouth
Group Icon

Oh I'll have a cheese danish please, since you have such a nice assortment. Yes, I myself was wondering whether to visit at FarFallen Studios after this or play me some Guild Wars.

Think I'll visit the Angelic/Demonic folk and then go play my necro ... I love her purple dress and it is so much fun to turn my newly killed enemies into a little army of bone horrors to kill more. I've gotta raise my healing skill so I can keep my undead army going longer.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Intestinal Chaos
post Sep 3 2006, 05:59 AM
Post #9

Mouth
Group Icon

Hmn.. saaaay, would any of you happen to have a CD key to Frozen Throne lying around? I finally found my copy, but I can't replay it.. seeing as I can't install it. Just send me a message if you have one, and thank you in advance.

God.. my computer (not this one, my game one) is so bad.. It has no side panels to its tower, the disc drive doesn't.. so I have to open it up with a butter knife.. and I have no desktop. I deleted a program I had that had apparently tied itself up in an essential file. I now have to get to everything through ctrl alt delete and then do new task from there. Everything works fine, I just don't have any icons or a tool bar. I know how to fix the problem, the fact is that I'm just too lazy. I don't have the heart to reformat it, so until I do I have to deal with everything through new task.
+Quote Post
Black Hand
post Sep 3 2006, 07:15 AM
Post #10

Master
Group Icon

A hatch in the roof silently opens, a shadow blocks the sunlight for all but a single second. Eyes look to the cieling finding naught but thin air.

A voice calls from the booth that was unoccupied but a second ago.

"MMM, now THIS, this is a good cup of coffee!" said the coffee loving assassin.
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Sep 3 2006, 05:07 PM
Post #11

Mouth
Group Icon

Tee hee hehe ... isn't that hatch in the roof actually for wading birds to fly in from? Hmmm, I totally missed that .. but how kind of them to accomodate. My Stargelman's been along time on the phone, he still hasn't updated the rules .... so I guess we don't have any - coffeeshack ettiquette.

Ibis throws a cheese danish at the dark assassin Black Hand, butters Intesinal Chaos' nose, hammers The Metal Mallet on the head with a coffeepot and hops & jumps up on Milanius' n Minque's table violently flapping her wings!!! Chaos is such fun.... emot-ninja1.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Sep 3 2006, 05:53 PM
Post #12

Master
Group Icon

I raise a flickering shield to fend off everything that flies around. Chaos can be so annoying at times. smile.gif With the buzzing sound of the shield in my ears, I continue writing down notes.

Well till the rules come, please keep this building in one piece, ok? tongue.gif

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Sep 3 2006, 06:54 PM
Post #13

Master
Group Icon

Great... now I smell like coffee. You spilt some on me when you smashed that pot on my head. Good thing I was wearing my steel cowboy hat tongue.gif That could've hurt! You know what I should do? Increase my quill collection... biggrin.gif

You're lucky I'm more of a pacifist than anything else tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
minque
post Sep 3 2006, 07:03 PM
Post #14

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Oh Ibis-birdie.....come and sit down for a while....Mil and I will gladly share our coffee with you!

Oh....and listen guys! I hereby bring some nice cookies that my daughter made for our party.....help yourselves they´re right here!

Crap..the weekends pass so fast, I would have needed some more days off!

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Zarrexaij
post Sep 3 2006, 10:34 PM
Post #15

Knower
Group Icon

I worked on my painting today.

It made me realize just how much I suck suck suckity suck suck suck.

I don't mean suck in a good way either.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Sep 3 2006, 11:05 PM
Post #16

Mouth
Group Icon

Zarr, don't be so hard on yourself ... your desktop art was very nice. I remember that. I too feel that I suck when I haven't painted for awhile and then try to get back to it. Also, now that I am attempting digital art and can't do it very well yet. Oh well, practice does make perfect.

Ibis sits down at Milanius' & Minque's table .... coffee, cafe, caffeine buzz buzz buzz buzzzzz ... oh, what?? That was expresso I just had 3 cups of?? But the cups were so small, that's why I drank 3 ... no wonder I feel so rascally. Better eat something!! Dives into tray of Minque's daughters cookies.

(Eye-ing suspicioulsy at The Metal Mallet who is scribbling with a QUILL pen ... start counting tail feathers VERY suspiciously!!!)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zarrexaij
post Sep 3 2006, 11:12 PM
Post #17

Knower
Group Icon

I'm working with watercolors, which is 18 different types of pain.

--------------------
+Quote Post
treydog
post Sep 3 2006, 11:50 PM
Post #18

Master
Group Icon

The Great Rabbit always feels that she will "never be able to paint that way again" when she has been unable to paint for awhile. And yet, her ability has grown tremendously in the 17 years we have been together. Although many folks see watercolor as "beginner" paint, I am not so sure. As a non-artist, it seems to me that it is very difficult, because the color is so thin... With oil/acrylic/alkyd, the painter can really build up lots of color and depth and blend effectively. Truthfully, no medium is "easy"- they all take time to master. But the thing that cannot be taught is vision.... I think you have that- now you just have to practice technique.

(Small black, tan, and silver doggie grabs a couple of cookies and retreats under a table for a quiet munch).

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Sep 4 2006, 12:25 AM
Post #19

Mouth
Group Icon

Yes, watercololors require a degree of ability and the knack for getting it right the first time ... otherwise you may have to change the entire picture's concept in order to cover over or accomodate a mistake.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zarrexaij
post Sep 4 2006, 12:52 AM
Post #20

Knower
Group Icon

Although many folks see watercolor as "beginner" paint, I am not so sure.
Oh, believe me, it isn't.

It requires patience. Lots of patience.

--------------------
+Quote Post

11 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:56 AM