Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> To Heir is Human XV - Playground, The fifteenth.
Tellie
post Sep 28 2007, 11:01 PM
Post #1


Mouth
Group Icon
Joined: 10-November 05
From: Tel Delvanni



Here's the new one.

Haldin, on horse.

Haldin, who had been riding on his horse the last few months, he ahd spent riding through Tamriel, stiffened, his finely attuned ears picking up sounds...sounds of battle, 'never a good thing', he tought. Without further ado, he spurred his steed forwards as fast as he could, what met him was more than he ahd expected.

A huge army of goblins, zombies and a number of different bandits were surrounding the imperial city, trying to extinguish a large fire that was in a breach in the wall. Hatred filled him, as he watched these wretched beings trying to destroy the city, and close to where the fire was, throwing frost spells at it was his aunt.

With a snarl of rage he unscheated his sword, before spurring his horse into a gallop straight towards his estranged aunt, 'she deserves no more than death'.

With a cry of death he slammed into the enemy ranks, throwing zombies left and right, spurring his steed ever on, he tried to manouver it so that he avoided running into his enemies and losing the momentum of his charge. His sword sang as it slashed left and right, severing heads and arms, spiling fountains of blood with every strike.

Righteous zeal overtook him as he slayed enemies in his path, his grizzled visage making more than one enemy recoil in fear, but he didn't have much time before they rallied, he was after all just one person. An arrow struck his shoulder, but he shrugged away the pain as he disemboweled a nord in steel armour, he was close to his aunt now..."DIE TRAITOR", he yelled, as he rode towards her.


OOC: I'm off.


--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Sep 29 2007, 09:08 PM
Post #2


Mouth
Group Icon
Joined: 10-November 05
From: Tel Delvanni



Haldin.

Haldin roared in rage when his aunt had just smirked at him, before teleporting herself away to the back of the ranks where she continued her barrage of spells at the walls, and he felt rather than saw a nasty bone shatter curse pass him by inches.

But he could not stop now, he had to help, and being alone in the open was no good way to help. With a curse he drove his horse towards the breach, where the flames had now all but gone out. An arrow hit his horse head, and both rider and steed fell to the ground.

Haldin swore again, and could not help but think that his almost niece/sister Satyana would be very dissappointed with him, wincing at the thought what she or Serene would do to him if they caught him speaking like that, he Dragged up his battlehammer 'Wrath of Dorn', in favour of his sword.

With a mighty swing he beheaded two zombies and broke the arm of a goblin as well. He ran towards the breach, using his sheer weight and size to push away the odd opponent.

After he had passed the breach, he was treated with the sight of three men, a Breton mage, an old Nord warrior, and a young Breton look alike lad, all of them standing against a tall Alien. His first tought was thet it was one of the Akavir, but he could not be, his grey scales looked tough at least, a formidable opponent.

"FOR JUSTICE", he yelled as he charged the alien, smashing his hammer towards it's midriff, hoping to chrush his lower spine.


OOC:Considering no one has posted yet, I doub't this counts as a double post.


--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Sep 29 2007, 09:35 PM
Post #3


Master
Group Icon
Joined: 11-February 06
From: In a cold place.



Flint Ironwood.

Flint fought the tendency to roll his eyes when a Dunmer came out of nowhere swinging a hammer. He lost the fight when he recognized the man as Haldin, yet another Delvanni.
,,Must be a family reunion or something. The bad kind." He thought while enveloping Halding in a barrier as well.
,,Haldin! I'm protecting four people right now! I could strenghten the barriers if you dropped to our side!"


Odrik.

Odrik cursed. The attack had renewed in force. And the outer walls were being battered again.
,,Come on, you dumbsacks! I need a Trebuchet, yesterday! Focus on getting one done and firing before starting the others!"


--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Sep 29 2007, 09:42 PM
Post #4


Mouth
Group Icon
Joined: 10-November 05
From: Tel Delvanni



QUOTE(jack cloudy @ Sep 29 2007, 10:35 PM) *

Flint Ironwood.

Flint fought the tendency to roll his eyes when a Dunmer came out of nowhere swinging a hammer. He lost the fight when he recognized the man as Haldin, yet another Delvanni.
,,Must be a family reunion or something. The bad kind." He thought while enveloping Halding in a barrier as well.
,,Haldin! I'm protecting four people right now! I could strenghten the barriers if you dropped to our side!"


Odrik.

Odrik cursed. The attack had renewed in force. And the outer walls were being battered again.
,,Come on, you dumbsacks! I need a Trebuchet, yesterday! Focus on getting one done and firing before starting the others!"



Haldin.

Haldin abruptly stopped his blow, jumped forward into a roll, and stood up right beside Flint. "Ah Flint, nice to see you again" Haldin nodded with a smile.

Seeing that Flint was struggling to keep up the barrier, He cast a spell on Flint that allowed Flint to draw in a part of Haldins own magical powers, "it's the least I can do for you friend", he muttered to Flint.


--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Sep 29 2007, 09:43 PM
Post #5


Master
Group Icon
Joined: 18-June 06
From: Kitchener, ON, Canada



Flogir

Flogir noticed that the battle was picking up once again and began barking orders to the soldiers nearby.

"I need pikemen at that breach and a score of archers to back em up! If any of you happen to hit a pikeman I swear to the Divines I'll personally send them to Oblivion!"

As the soldiers hurried to their positions, Flogir found a spot where he could oversee the upcoming events hopefully. He glanced over to where Flint and the others were facing off with the foreign being. He silently offered a prayer of luck for them.


--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Sep 29 2007, 09:57 PM
Post #6


Master
Group Icon
Joined: 11-February 06
From: In a cold place.



Flint Ironwood.

Flint nodded.
,,Thanks." He spoke, then turned his full attention back to the matter at hand.
,,Alright, I take care of defense. But try to dodge anyway. I can only slow down, not stop. I'd say surround and pound from three directions. James, being the weakest, takes his rear."


Odrik.

,,Hammer the anchors into place!.....Tie up the ropes, double!.......Load basket!" Odrik shouted and took a deep breath as he surveyed the battlefield.
,,Alright men, ten degrees left, two extra rotations should do it. We're gonna hit that officer down there. Ready.....FIRE!" And with that word, the first Trebuchet leapt back into action.



OOC: I'm off to bed. Feel free to fight this battle without me. Both Odrik and Flint can safely be put on automatic, I'd say. Odrik's launching bricks all over, Flint's holding up the barrier.

This post has been edited by jack cloudy: Sep 29 2007, 09:59 PM


--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Sep 30 2007, 02:20 AM
Post #7


Master
Group Icon
Joined: 6-May 06
From: Texas, USA




OCC: Well dang, while at T3's (Tenek, The Thief's) house, I hardly had time to do anything on the comp. Anyway, the Plys'Iea reacts. Flink wasn't guarding their backs was he? Issac and Satyana should be getting down from the battlements by now, the latter being in a position to see her "Uncle?"

Plys'Iea

The warrior took in the men standing against him, now numbering four. Despite his bestial appearance, he fully understood the words of their plotting. "How do you intend to fight one who can become a mealstrom?" He inquired, his off hand moving to grasp his staff.

Then, the creature blurred, slamming his long weapon into the pavement and pole-vaulting up and over the foursome. He spun, landing in position to strike their flanks. The alien swung his weapon in a rapid, and repeating succession of strikes at the men and the Dunmer.
The flails on the end made loud whoosing noises as they moved.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Sep 30 2007, 12:29 PM
Post #8


Knower
Group Icon
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Somewhere in Romania



Dan, fighting the Plys'Iea

Dan tried desperately to evade the lightning fast blows of the alien being. Despite Flint's spells which slowed down the creature it was still moving at almost super-human speeds. Dan's usual tactic of closing in quickly and showering the opponent with blows before they could have time to respond wouldn't work here. He would need to think carefully, otherwise one blow of the creature could kill him. At least the creature's attention wasn't solely on him. If it had been so, Dan would have been long dead. With the creature trying to hit four opponents simultaneously, Dan could at least have time to dodge individual blows.

After dodging a few blows and nearly getting hit on the shoulder by one of them, Dan saw an opportunity in which the creature was focusing on James, seeing him as being weaker than the other opponents. He used this opportunity to hit the creature with all his strength. He managed to do so, hitting the beast in the shoulder as he turned to strike the freshly arrived Dunmer. Dan's blow, which would have killed a normal man, only managed to put a dent in Dan's blade with little consequence to their enemy.

This is harder than I thought!


--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Sep 30 2007, 02:58 PM
Post #9


Mouth
Group Icon
Joined: 10-November 05
From: Tel Delvanni



James.

James was seriously wishing that he had never left his wonderrful shade earlier, dodging that damned flai was tiring. James smiled in satisfaction when Dan struck the creature, that is until he was hit in the side, and felt two of his ribs crack.

With a scream in pain James was thrown under the creature, where he in desperation stabbed one dagger into each of it's leg, the paralyzing effect struck in...halfy the creature could still move, but it's movements would be slower the next minute, while the other dagger with the deadly venom had embedded itself in it's left thigh, and broken off. James doubted the poison would kill this damned thing, but if it was left untreated for long, he might have to amputate the leg...one thing ws sure, the poison would weaken him, with a last smile unconciousness claimed him.


Haldin.

Haldin growled in annoyance of theis...thing, dodging the flail's, until on hit him. Using the momentum of the blow, he allowed himself to swing with it, and with the increased speed he slammed his hammer down at the creature's left knee with enough force to reduce an orc's armoured head to a bloody mass.


OOC: You decide if the poison will do anything of course, and if Haldins strike will actually hit or something similar Rev...


--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Sep 30 2007, 03:04 PM
Post #10


Master
Group Icon
Joined: 11-February 06
From: In a cold place.



Flint Ironwood.

They were losing ground fast. When one of the flails swooped in on him, the Breton stiffened his barrier to the limit. The deadly weapon slowed down, yet it still cracked most glassplates in his side as well as launching him sideways for three metres. The Breton skidded to a stop on the pavement.
,,This is not good. I can't move and guard them at the same time." He thought frantically. He knew of only one solution here, and the grasped it.

The mystic barrier of dragonskin, that peculiar force that grows within each Breton, enveloped his skin, protecting him with a shell over thrice as powerful as his strongest conventional barrier. This, with his armour, should be enough to make him keep standing as he focussed on guarding his allies.



OOC: The Plys'Iea's armour. Does it have a radio? Just a question.

This post has been edited by jack cloudy: Sep 30 2007, 03:04 PM


--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Sep 30 2007, 05:17 PM
Post #11


Master
Group Icon
Joined: 6-May 06
From: Texas, USA




OCC: I suppose, he wouldn't be able to use it now that no one else of Nirm has another. What are you thinking?

Plys'Iea

He reared back as one human stabbed a small dagger through one of the few places between his armor's plates. His legs gradually felt numb, which allowed him not to feel anything from the dunmer's hammer strike he might have otherwise.

The strike dented his armor, but the alien realized this was turning against him. The cornered prey bites the hunter. Making a snap decision, he grabbed the unconscious Breton-being and fled. these vermin are so loyal to each other....
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Sep 30 2007, 05:33 PM
Post #12


Knower
Group Icon
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Somewhere in Romania



Dan, shocked

As Dan ducked from one more of the alien's blows he felt the mail armour he was wearing was starting to tire him. He knew that he wouldn't last any long if the battle kept going like that. His allies had also fought back, hitting the beast as well. It was with little effect however since their foe seemed to be as strong as ever. With one blow he threw Flint aside and almost killed Dan with one of his flails. The battle however was going against the creature. It had to tire eventually.

Before Dan could rise from the ground however, the alien made a move of desperation, grabbing the unconscious James from the ground and running off with him.

Coward! Now that the battle goes against you flee and take our wounded!

Dan immediately felt all weariness fall from him as he started running for the alien. His rage however soon left him and he fell to the ground after being tripped by the bloody remains of a fallen Bruman guard. As Dan felt his limbs going numb from the battle, he could hear various sounds around. Flint shouting desperately, the joint commander of the defense forces barking out orders to defend the breach. Dan was too tired for it all however. He desperately needed rest.


--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Sep 30 2007, 05:46 PM
Post #13


Master
Group Icon
Joined: 11-February 06
From: In a cold place.



OOC: I was going to have Aleatoire make the radio perform some horribly annoying screeching, so the good guys wouldn't get slaughtered. But since the Plys'Iea ran, it's no longer needed.

Flint Ironwood.

The monstrous being took off, too fast for him to follow unless he tried jumping. But James was less important than the breach. Or was it? Flint felt a conflict of desires. While he felt no great love for the man, he was an ally. And how much of a difference could he make in the melee of hundreds? Even with his dragonskin, he would not shift the outcome significantly. But he had a chance to save James. He was as fast as the being, perhaps even faster.

Flint let his eyes shoot across the plaza. Dan was out, he wouldn't help. Haldin could be a big aid, but carrying him along would force the Breton to slow down far too much. He would have to go in alone.
,,And get killed. I'm too stupid for my own good."
,,Haldin, check after Dan. I'm going to collect this James fellow." He spoke as he shot off into the air.


--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Sep 30 2007, 06:28 PM
Post #14


Master
Group Icon
Joined: 18-June 06
From: Kitchener, ON, Canada



Flogir

"Keep your defense up lads!" Flogir shouted encouragement to the pikemen as the phalanx they had created attempted to stay together as a slew of enemies crashed against it. Shortly behind them, archers kept up a steady stream of fire. A mound of dead goblins and bandits began to form at the entrance of the breach.

"So far, so good," Flogir said to himself quietly.

Out of the corner of his eye he noticed the alien creature Flint and them were fighting fled the battle. Unfortunately it appeared that it took one of the wounded with it and now Flint appeared to be chasing after it.

"Well that's one problem taken care of for now..." Flogir said quietly once again. The fact that Flint had left though left him worried about his comrade. That foe is way too dangerous for one person to take on.

"I hope you know what you're doing Flint," he muttered before returning his attention to the breach.

He pointed at a messenger lad. "You there! Get back to the walls and giver joint commander Altair a status report. Ask for one as well and then return back to me," he said quickly before the younger nodded eagerly and ran off.


--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Oct 1 2007, 01:48 PM
Post #15


Master
Group Icon
Joined: 6-May 06
From: Texas, USA




Plys'Iea

To his relief, the numbing sensation deminished after a short distance of sprinting. Too small of a dose, the alien concluded, dodging down an alley. He could feel the one Breton pursuing, I can deal with the others afterwards.

Spinning, he skidded to a halt and dropped the unconscious man on the ground.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
minque
post Oct 1 2007, 08:46 PM
Post #16


Wise Woman
Group Icon
Joined: 11-February 05
From: Where I can watch you!!



OOC: If this story eventually will lead to anything at all besides a big fat fight I┤ll gladly edit this post......until then....I┤m not making a single move, I┤ll just wait and see.... kvleft.gif

Edit: So Satyana and Issac are holding on to Telina┤s dead body...She sees Haldin who she knows very well..and he is heading towards them


--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif´┐Żiseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook


IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Oct 1 2007, 09:00 PM
Post #17


Master
Group Icon
Joined: 11-February 06
From: In a cold place.



Flint Ironwood.

Flint landed on a rooftop from which he surveyed his quarry. The big Argonian or whatever it was had dropped James on the ground and now simply stood there....waiting. The Breton pondered over his dilemma. On his own, even with his Dragonskin, he was simply no match for it. But he had to get James back, somehow.
,,I need a distraction." He thought.

He got an idea and moved till he was sure he was out of the creature's sight. He then waved at the Trebuchet crew and signaled with broad sweeping hand gestures where he wanted them to drop a rock. At first the Brumans seemed confused with the idea of targetting a friendly part of the city but they gave in. Flint watched how they angled the Trebuchet so that it's payload would strike only metres from the big creature. He then cast his invisibility spell and prepared to move as soon as he could hear the swoosh of rock overhead. With some luck, the warrior would be distracted so he could drop in, snatch James and leap away.


--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Oct 2 2007, 09:36 PM
Post #18


Mouth
Group Icon
Joined: 10-November 05
From: Tel Delvanni



James.

James woke up groggily, feeling the pain in his ribs he remembered what had happened. With great effort he managed to get up and to to gulp down an invisibility potion.


Haldin

Haldin let out a harsh breath, as the things he had performed the last minutes made thir presence know in his system. Hefting his hammer in a firm grip he looked around at the battleweary tired soldiers around him.

"Alright my friends, we need to build a sort of barricade here, I want everyone with a strong arm to carry over anything that can be used, logs large rocks, barrels, anything you can think of, swiftly we haven't much time", he said.

Looking around he saw a tearstained Satyana along with a young Altmer he didn't know, and between them they were carrying...'it can't be...m-mother I she can't be dead', Haldin felt his throat constrict, and tears started to flow down his cheeks.

He walked over to them, looked down at his mothers face. It still looked surprised, almost laughing as she couldn't believe she had been beaten. Haldin let out a dry sob, before turning his tearstained eyes to Satyana. "Who...who did this, who killed my mother"? he asked painfully, halfy afraid of the answer.

OOC:Edited my post.

This post has been edited by Tellie: Oct 2 2007, 09:51 PM


--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Oct 2 2007, 09:49 PM
Post #19


Master
Group Icon
Joined: 11-February 06
From: In a cold place.



OOC: Tellie, I seriously doubt that the Plys'Iea would simply stand and watch as James downs an invisibility potions and limps away. On top of that, Flint is still some distance away, on top of a roof. And finally, the Plys'Iea has these spines on its back that catch vibrations in the air. So, maybe we should ask Revan what to do before playing it out?


Green-Root.

Vasha gazed at the shadowy faces around her. Behind her, her own group stood in a broad line. Green-Root leaned against the wall in a corner. Vasha closed her eyes for a moment before addressing her public.
,,Kinsman, we have all seen the battle unfold. It is clear that as things are now, this force we call the Silhouette shall win. If it wins, Tamriel shall be ruined. This is the point of no return." She took a deep breath.
,,I propose for us to take up our 'former trade' just for this once. To strike deep in the heart of the Empire's foes. To take out key members of the invaders, including their supreme leader. I will wait till a messenger has brought our Sensei before we shall resume this meeting."


--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Oct 2 2007, 10:04 PM
Post #20


Master
Group Icon
Joined: 6-May 06
From: Texas, USA



OCC: I'll let Minque reply to Haldin, and the Narza'Tai are the converted renmants of the fallen D. Brotherhood by the way. Just wanted to bring it up since the Delvannis have such a dislike for them.

Plys'Iea

He perked up as the trebuchet began to swing, his spines flared out, completely still. As the large projectile arced above, he also felt the captive he'd taken get up and limp to another unseen being. The alien shrieked and dove through broken window to take cover from the debris.

He neither cursed the trebuchet, nor the people he was fighting, but the shrapnel and motion that made him temporarily unable to sense their movements were the subject of his ire. The time of stalking has come to an end, now to take the kill.....

The Narza'Tai, with Karn is nearby

Suddenly, three goblins rushing towards the breach were carved to pieces by unseen blades. Then a bandit fell lifelessly to the ground, his jugular pouring his life-blood. Another lurched forward, a crossbow bolt sticking partially out of his throat.

"The first blood," all of the assassins muttered together. As their victims finished collapsing, six cloaked Narza'Tai 'dervishes' allowed for their enemy to see what had killed their fellows. Their masks were the color of the blood they'd spilled onto their weapons.
Arrows flew from the walls and from vantage points on the ruined structures around the plaza. Two dervishes dropped down from a nearby balcony to land on either side of the Dunmer witch known as Salina Delvanni.....
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

11 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th April 2020 - 03:19 PM