Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dragon Respawns..., But...But *How*?...
McBadgere
post Sep 16 2012, 11:11 AM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

Ere!!...

I did the Main Quest™ ages ago...Y'know, Kiw de Dwaaaagon and all that...

On my original character, who also did the MQ™, once Alduin was offed, no more dragons...And I wandered around for ages before the Civil War cacked his game up...

Soooo, how comes this time, with J'Zirlo, I'm still getting Dragons respawning around the peaks and attacking cities? (mostly Winterhold...SnassnFrassn... dry.gif )...I mean, don't get me wrong, I love a good bit of dragon-farming, makes much dosh...But how is it possible when the catalyst for their awakening is now gone?...

And like I said, the first time I did the runthrough™...No more dragons...

Be this glitched or is it actually supposed to be like that?...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Sep 16 2012, 02:05 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

I think you're supposed to have dragons respawning even after you've killed Alduin (I don't think Alduin is the only dragon who is able to wake up other dragons) so that first game must have been a bit iffy, and the one you're playing right now is how it should have gone. Or at least, that's been the case with the one guy who I've completed the game with.

*Distant roar sounds overhead*

Speaking of which...
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 16 2012, 03:24 PM
Post #3

Councilor
Group Icon

Dragons are indeed supposed to keep appearing after the MQ, just not very often.

At the end of the MQ Paarthurnax says something about the rest of the dragons being scattered and his plans to make them bow to him, or acknowledge his Thu’um or something. When my post-MQ game gets a dragon I just assume it’s one of the leftover ones moving into a lair made vacant by Rowan and Vorstag’s previous efforts. I don’t think that any more are meant to be resurrected in the game's story. I mean, we know that they show up because the game spawns new ones, but the characters don’t.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 16 2012, 06:09 PM
Post #4

Ancient
Group Icon

I have never done the MQ, but I have always heard what Grits and Mustard (hmmm, sounds like breakfast... wink.gif) say. The random dragons continue to spawn forever. It is one of the reasons I have no desire to do the main quest.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Sep 17 2012, 12:22 PM
Post #5

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 16 2012, 01:09 PM) *

I have never done the MQ, but I have always heard what Grits and Mustard (hmmm, sounds like breakfast... wink.gif) say. The random dragons continue to spawn forever. It is one of the reasons I have no desire to do the main quest.

Yea, me either. No dwagons in my game! Yikes. Skyrim is tricky enough as it is.

They are pretty cool, though, and maybe a future character of mine will deal with them...we shall see. You are very brave, McB.

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Sep 17 2012, 12:22 PM
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Nov 4 2012, 02:05 AM
Post #6

Forum Bard
Group Icon

The dragons get old fast. I rushed the main storyline so I could stop the dragon spawns and the cities still get attacked constantly. Very annoying because I have 100+ dragon souls not including all the crap I've already unlocked.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:32 PM