Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

706 Pages V « < 650 651 652 653 654 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coffee Shop Forever, It's time to kick bottom and drink coffee!
treydog
post Jul 21 2017, 11:27 AM
Post #13021

Master
Group Icon

Best wishes and prayers for swift and complete recovery for both of you! If good thoughts are good medicine, Chorrol is sending you a freight-train worth.

As are- Rico, Juneipurr, I.C., Inky, Speedy, and Petey.

(By the way- anyone want a cat? tongue.gif )

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jul 21 2017, 01:04 PM
Post #13022

Councilor
Group Icon

Rider, I hope that they can resolve your platelet situation quickly and completely. It sounds like you have an excellent support system. You and your mom have my best wishes for your recoveries. May the Spawn and your coworker’s guinea pig keep you entertained with their antics!

(treydog – a sweet little mama had her kittens next to my front steps yesterday – want seven more cats? ohmy.gif)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Jul 30 2017, 09:13 PM
Post #13023

Master
Group Icon

RIP Coffee maker number 5 and welcome coffee maker number 6...that's it no more will hard water kill another coffee maker! I get paid in 48 hours I'm going old school coffee making, at least I don't have to worry about well water killing a coffee peculator.

This post has been edited by Dark Reaper: Jul 30 2017, 09:15 PM

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 31 2017, 12:03 AM
Post #13024

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Jul 30 2017, 04:13 PM) *

RIP Coffee maker number 5 and welcome coffee maker number 6...that's it no more will hard water kill another coffee maker! I get paid in 48 hours I'm going old school coffee making, at least I don't have to worry about well water killing a coffee peculator.

laugh.gif Might need to get a water filter/purifier or start buying bottled water in gallon jugs from the grocery store!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Jul 31 2017, 12:14 AM
Post #13025

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 30 2017, 06:03 PM) *

laugh.gif Might need to get a water filter/purifier or start buying bottled water in gallon jugs from the grocery store!

I don't have the money for a water softening system but I have been using bottle water for my water needs...except for toilets and bathtub---they still use the well water.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 31 2017, 01:12 AM
Post #13026

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Jul 30 2017, 07:14 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 30 2017, 06:03 PM) *

I don't have the money for a water softening system but I have been using bottle water for my water needs...except for toilets and bathtub---they still use the well water.

(I meant to save on Coffee machines, lol).

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Jul 31 2017, 01:49 AM
Post #13027

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 30 2017, 07:12 PM) *

(I meant to save on Coffee machines, lol).

Been doing that too.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 9 2017, 12:20 AM
Post #13028

Ancient
Group Icon

I don't know if any of you are also members of the TES Alliance (TESA) site; but I do know that several of our members have taken modding lessons from them. Some of the Elder Scrolls best modders came from TESA.

The owner of the site "DarkRider" (Nick Csontos is his real name) was a game developer that started TESA to teach people how to mod the Elder Scrolls games; donating his own time, energy, and resources this past decade to give modding lessons free to anyone who wanted them. Donations were welcome, but never required. I have been going to his site since 2010 and a contributing member of his site since 2015.

Darkrider is married and has two little daughters; (I was a member of his site through the birth of both of them!). He became disabled, and his wife has been supporting all of them now since the birth of her last daughter.

DarkRider has been having some huge personal difficulties in his real life this past several months. He was "Renting with the option to buy" a house for almost 8 years, and suddenly the landlord confronted them with the option without any warning. They had no way to come up with the full amount that quickly, and so the house was sold to someone else out from underneath them. They became homeless.

Not as important, but still relevant; for a while it looked like the TESA site would be shut down; but the members kept it going with donations; especially their RP forums, who pulled together enough to guarantee the site cost is paid monthly till DarkRider can get back on his feet again (thank goodness!). But the issues in his personal life worsened.

DarkRider is an extremely honest and trustworthy person. I have as much faith in his integrity as I do in Starge and Alex's. This is no scam to get money, he and his family are in real trouble. He has a web page up for donations. If anyone who was a recipient of his awesome modding courses wants to help him - or if anyone just can help and is willing to, here is a link to that fundraising site:

https://www.gofundme.com/1-new-home-for-2-little-girls

and a link to his teaching site for prospective modders of Elder Scrolls games:

http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/t...f-tes-alliance/

(He also has a voice acting program there).

Anyone that is able to help, please find it in your heart to.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Aug 9 2017, 02:25 AM
Post #13029

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Aug 8 2017, 06:20 PM) *

<snip>

I had to look at that closely and make sure it wasn't about me...specially that part with the landlord embarrased.gif .
Still I feel for the guy specially when life throws you a massive curve ball.

This post has been edited by Dark Reaper: Aug 9 2017, 04:05 AM

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 9 2017, 02:39 AM
Post #13030

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Aug 8 2017, 09:25 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Aug 8 2017, 06:20 PM) *

<snip>

I had to look at closely and make sure it wasn't about me...specially that part with the landlord embarrased.gif .

Aw, bless your heart! I've been there, hope never to have to go through anything like that again.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 9 2017, 03:03 AM
Post #13031

Ancient
Group Icon

Man, that's a really bad break. Just goes to show how fast things can turn. Khajiit really hopes they will be ok.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Aug 9 2017, 09:01 AM
Post #13032

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Man, that sounds rough. Kicked out like that with no warning after eight years just because they can't afford to buy? Bastard landlord!

Where do they stay at this point?

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 9 2017, 01:19 PM
Post #13033

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Aug 9 2017, 04:01 AM) *

Man, that sounds rough. Kicked out like that with no warning after eight years just because they can't afford to buy? Bastard landlord!

Where do they stay at this point?

I agree. I don't know where they are staying, only that they were having trouble finding a place on such short notice and the speed they were pushed out didn't leave them enough time to build up the funds needed to move plus pay deposits to move into a new place.

They are probably staying with relatives in another city, because from what I heard his wife is having to stay near her job to keep supporting them (he is disabled) and that she is only making it home to them on weekends to see him where he and the girls are staying.

That sounds like the commute is too far for her to make daily; and so she is probably staying with a friend near her work. He said the girls have been a bit traumatized by not seeing their mother all week.

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 8 2017, 10:03 PM) *

Man, that's a really bad break. Just goes to show how fast things can turn. Khajiit really hopes they will be ok.

Thanks, me too.

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Aug 22 2017, 08:58 PM
Post #13034

Master
Group Icon

@mALX: I hope Dark Rider is working through the latest crap life has thrown him.

My Internet is down today. I missed my daily ESO dose yesterday between doctor's appointment and work. So I was looking forward to knocking out some writs this morning. But while checking out some things online over breakfast, I noticed that I had lost the interject connection. I started doing troubleshooting (service interruptions don't panic me - most of the time time they can be fixed by rebooting the modem or router or both). First, of course, I pulled up my AirPort Utility app. WiFi is working fine, but no internet. So go in to the app for my ISP to look for service outages. Nope, none in my area. In spite of all the negative comments about my ISP online, it's been pretty good for me. I rarely experience problems with service interruptions here.

Then it occurred to me that the landscapers had gone by with the lawn mowers just before I lost the internet. So I head outside to where the cable supply comes up out of the ground into the house, and sure enough, the coaxial cable is broken. Tried putting it back together, but no dice.

So back in the house I go, pull out my iPHone, and shoot off an email to my property manager (we live in a townhouse community, so all the external stuff are managed by a property management company). Then I get in touch with the ISP via webchat. What should have been a simple 15 minute conversation (cable outside the house is broken, all else inside the house is working fine, all outside problems are ISP's responsibility) turned into 45 minutes because the service rep kept asking me to check the status lights on the modem. Idiot. The modem is not going to chance UNTIL THEY FIX THE DAMN CABLE!!! It doesn't take a science degree to know that a broken cable means the modem is not going to show an internet connection status . . .

So now I'm stuck waiting for a technician to come. Supposed to arrive between 3-5 pm today. With my luck, it won't be until 7 pm, or even tomorrow . . .

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Aug 22 2017, 10:34 PM
Post #13035

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Aug 22 2017, 02:58 PM) *

@mALX: I hope Dark Rider is working through the latest crap life has thrown him.

Thanks I'm doing alright, just trying to decide if I want to get another Switch, PS4 Pro, Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 Magnum or Nintendo 2DSXL.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 22 2017, 10:56 PM
Post #13036

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Aug 8 2017, 09:25 PM) *

I had to look at that closely and make sure it wasn't about me...specially that part with the landlord embarrased.gif .

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Aug 22 2017, 05:34 PM) *

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Aug 22 2017, 02:58 PM) *

Thanks I'm doing alright, just trying to decide if I want to get another Switch, PS4 Pro, Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 Magnum or Nintendo 2DSXL.

@ Dark Reaper: Wash - Rinse - Repeat? laugh.gif

@ Haute: Thank you Haute, I hope so too!

This post has been edited by mALX: Aug 22 2017, 11:03 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Aug 23 2017, 01:44 AM
Post #13037

Master
Group Icon

{Re-looks at mALX post again}
Dark Rider....Dang it I mistook that for me again salute.gif <---- closest thing to a facepalm I could get. Anyway I'm going to try to steer clear of Nintendo products and either get another PS4 Pro (my Slim was giving me issues so I sold it) or nab me a .44 magnum.

This post has been edited by Dark Reaper: Aug 23 2017, 01:45 AM

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 23 2017, 06:18 AM
Post #13038

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Aug 22 2017, 08:44 PM) *

{Re-looks at mALX post again}
Dark Rider....Dang it I mistook that for me again salute.gif <---- closest thing to a facepalm I could get. Anyway I'm going to try to steer clear of Nintendo products and either get another PS4 Pro (my Slim was giving me issues so I sold it) or nab me a .44 magnum.

rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Aug 23 2017, 02:11 PM
Post #13039

Master
Group Icon

Well, I'm back online.

After such a frustrating chat session, I honestly did not have high expectations about the tech visit. Truthfully, I had zero expectations. But my ISP app updated later in the day and indicated that my tech was on track to arrive between 4:30 and 5:00 pm. Surprise, surprise, he showed up at 4:20 pm.

Fixed the issue in five minutes, then spent an extra ten minutes tidying up the cable and securing it to the adjacent conduit so it wouldn't get snagged by passing lawnmowers again.

Got my ESO fix yesterday. I have the whole day today to myself. Gonna knock out some quests!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Aug 23 2017, 03:36 PM
Post #13040

Master
Group Icon

Had a cup of coffee now I'm ready for bed.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post

706 Pages V « < 650 651 652 653 654 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:11 PM