Closed TopicStart new topic
> Unpopular Opinions Thread
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 5 2016, 02:43 AM
Post #161

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Dec 4 2016, 07:36 PM) *

To be honest I always quit in Battlefront. I always play Empire and whenever they force
me to become Rebel terrorists I just leave the queue. Not a popular opinion but I can't stand playing as the Rebels.

The Empire has style man!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Dec 5 2016, 02:49 AM
Post #162

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Dec 5 2016, 02:02 AM) *

I believe that the actor who portrayed Uriel Septim VII during Daggerfall's intro did every bit as good a job as did Patrick Stewart in Oblivion. (The fellow standing beside him play Chancellor Ocato, on the other other hand, is sort of stiff. Then again it's not much of a part.) I'd have been perfectly happy had they used him again and spend the money saves on Stewart's fee to hire additional voice actors to add a bit of welcome variety to the game and/or create additional dialog lines for the populous at large.

If I recall correctly, it was disk space, rather than budget, which limited Oblivion's voice assets. I remember that there's an interview out there somewhere in which a Bethesda designer talks about having to remove all but one arenas from the game to reduce dialogue lines and save file space. One of the limitations of having the game on consoles, I imagine.

That said, having lesser known voice actors fill those roles would inject more variation into the industry at large. Anyone who has played all of the Mass Effect and Dragon Age games will have heard the same 4 or 5 VAs pop up a whole bunch of times with various characters.

Big name actors aren't all bad though. Kate Beckinsale does a fantastic job as Queen Ayrenn in ESO.

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Dec 5 2016, 02:36 AM) *

To be honest I always quit in Battlefront. I always play Empire and whenever they force
me to become Rebel terrorists I just leave the queue. Not a popular opinion but I can't stand playing as the Rebels.

I remember in Battlefront 2 (what a game!) I always played as either the Clone Troopers or The Empire. Those Kaminoans sure know how to design a nice set of armour.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 5 2016, 03:07 AM
Post #163

Paladin
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Dec 4 2016, 05:49 PM) *
... Kate Beckinsale does a fantastic job as Queen Ayrenn in ESO. ...

Oh, my goodness, quoted for truth! happy.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Dec 5 2016, 03:21 AM
Post #164

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Dec 4 2016, 07:49 PM) *

If I recall correctly, it was disk space, rather than budget, which limited Oblivion's voice assets. I remember that there's an interview out there somewhere in which a Bethesda designer talks about having to remove all but one arenas from the game to reduce dialogue lines and save file space. One of the limitations of having the game on consoles, I imagine.

That said, having lesser known voice actors fill those roles would inject more variation into the industry at large. Anyone who has played all of the Mass Effect and Dragon Age games will have heard the same 4 or 5 VAs pop up a whole bunch of times with various characters.

Big name actors aren't all bad though. Kate Beckinsale does a fantastic job as Queen Ayrenn in ESO.

Ya know, I wouldn't have minded shelling out a few bucks (or more than a few bucks) for a DLC that added thousands of lines of quality dialog choices to Cyrodiil's residents. (Millions would be even better.) Certainly of more interest that *cough* horse armor (nothing wrong with horse armor, but it shoulda been included in the vanilla game) or numerous fancy player homes (which can be equaled via mods for those into that sort of thing}.

And yes, I realize huge voice packs are likely verboden on console. But why force PC users to adhere to limitations that don't apply to their systems? (Yeah, it's a losing argument in today's climate. Still, I still be it. Hmm... maybe this is another unpopular/minority opinion of mine???????)

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Dec 5 2016, 03:25 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Dec 5 2016, 03:35 AM
Post #165

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Dec 4 2016, 07:36 PM) *

I don't mind playing as either Empire or Rebels, the only time I don't like playing as the Empire is when I'm on the Endor level (The Aftermath Endor Map isn't to bad as the Empire) is playing as a regular Stormtrooper while the Rebels are a bit more properly camouflaged. White armor's is not the best camo for forest levels Empire, although Shadow Troopers are pretty good on Endor. I like playing on the Bespin map, every match I've played on has always been fun and balanced, Death Star Map----a bit of a let down.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 13 2016, 11:07 AM
Post #166

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Earth's history and human's history as we know them are false.

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Dec 13 2016, 12:23 PM
Post #167

Master
Group Icon

Choco/Mint > All other ice cream flavo-

Oops, I'm sorry, I mistook this thread for the "Totally Popular Opinions" thread...

devilsmile.gif

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 13 2016, 08:04 PM
Post #168

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Uleni Athram @ Dec 13 2016, 05:23 AM) *

Oops, I'm sorry, I mistook this thread for the "Totally Popular Opinions" thread...

devilsmile.gif

No you posted this in the right place laugh.gif

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Dec 13 2016, 08:13 PM
Post #169

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 14 2016, 04:04 AM) *

QUOTE(Uleni Athram @ Dec 13 2016, 05:23 AM) *

devilsmile.gif

No you posted this in the right place laugh.gif

LOLOLOLOLOL

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post
Kane
post Jun 5 2017, 03:56 PM
Post #170

Master
Group Icon

M&M's are gross.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jun 5 2017, 03:59 PM
Post #171

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Jun 5 2017, 04:56 PM) *

M&M's are gross.

I don't think they are gross but I don't see their appeal either..

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Jun 5 2017, 05:00 PM
Post #172

Mouth
Group Icon

I love peanut M&M's. Regular M&M's? Not so much.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jun 5 2017, 05:29 PM
Post #173

Councilor
Group Icon

When one is British, one eats Smarties, not M&M's. Especially the blue ones.

Made since 1882, apparently. They were called "chocolate beans" until someone objected to there not being any actual beans among the ingredients.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Kane
post Jun 5 2017, 05:46 PM
Post #174

Master
Group Icon

Smarties are good, and I much prefer Skittles and Sweet Tarts,

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 5 2017, 06:37 PM
Post #175

Ancient
Group Icon

Peanut butter m&ms and pretzel m&ms are Khajiit's favorite m&ms.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Jun 5 2017, 06:57 PM
Post #176

Mouth
Group Icon

-Coffee is disgusting.
-The movie Avatar is trash (the James Cameron one, not the Airbender one which I haven't seen).
-Hashtags are annoying, especially when multiple ones are slapped into a social media post for no good reason.
-The original Half-Life is better than Half-Life 2 (although they are both great).

Just to name a few.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Jun 5 2017, 07:09 PM
Post #177

Mouth
Group Icon

The live action The Last Airbender film was also trash.

--------------------

+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Sep 13 2017, 08:20 PM
Post #178

Mouth
Group Icon

I have a couple more that are sure to draw some ire. I'm not deliberately trying to, obviously, but I want to get them off my chest.

First, the outcry over Creation Club is seriously overblown. At least at this point. There is definitely potential for this to be a terrible idea, but everyone needs to cool their jets for the moment.

Second, Kingdom Hearts is massively overrated. The combat was fairly fun for the most part, but the story and lore is so incredibly stupid.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
Kane
post Sep 13 2017, 08:23 PM
Post #179

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Sep 13 2017, 03:20 PM) *

First, the outcry over Creation Club is seriously overblown. At least at this point. There is definitely potential for this to be a terrible idea, but everyone needs to cool their jets for the moment.

I feel it's justified, given that its files are shoved onto your HDD whethere you bought them or not. That's a complete disregard to people that have limited HDD space, or bandwith restrictions from their ISP.

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Sep 13 2017, 03:20 PM) *
Second, Kingdom Hearts is massively overrated. The combat was fairly fun for the most part, but the story and lore is so incredibly stupid.

Yes.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Sep 13 2017, 09:30 PM
Post #180

Master
Group Icon

Played the original Half-Life and---I don't really like playing it on the PC/laptop, the controls are just to slippery and demands a controller. Blasphemy I know but HL2 uses a controller and works out great.

This post has been edited by Dark Reaper: Sep 13 2017, 09:30 PM

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post

12 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:16 AM