255 Pages V « < 242 243 244 245 246 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are you playing?
Decrepit
post Nov 19 2022, 03:18 AM
Post #4861

Master
Group Icon

Besides lots of Daggerfall Unity, discussed in the appropriate thread, I played tons of PC Spider Solitaire. Won a decent number of games, though my win/loss ratio leans heavily toward the latter. Two night in a row, the browser locked up on me during a game that would obviously have been won had I been allowed to continue to completion. Ironically, it never locks up during long losing streaks.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 19 2022, 04:00 PM
Post #4862

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Nov 19 2022, 03:18 AM) *

Two night in a row, the browser locked up on me during a game that would obviously have been won had I been allowed to continue to completion. Ironically, it never locks up during long losing streaks.

Of course tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Nov 22 2022, 05:56 PM
Post #4863

Master
Group Icon

Well now, this is different.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 25 2022, 08:54 PM
Post #4864

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Star Wars: Rebellion

Things are coming along swimmingly. I completely own the Corellia and Fakir sectors and I'm working on one last system in the Sesswenna sector which is the one holding Coruscant. In addition, I'm building Advanced Construction- and Shipyards now as well as TIE Defenders, as many as I possibly can. And I just researched the Super Star Destroyer! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

IPB Image

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Nov 26 2022, 05:43 PM
Post #4865

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 25 2022, 02:54 PM) *

Things are coming along swimmingly. I completely own the Corellia and Fakir sectors and I'm working on one last system in the Sesswenna sector which is the one holding Coruscant. In addition, I'm building Advanced Construction- and Shipyards now as well as TIE Defenders, as many as I possibly can. And I just researched the Super Star Destroyer! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

IPB Image

Speaking of Star Wars, the Epic Store has SW: Squadron on it for free for a limited time. I really wish they add a dogfighting mode and more maps.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 27 2022, 09:17 PM
Post #4866

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Nov 26 2022, 10:43 AM) *

Speaking of Star Wars, the Epic Store has SW: Squadron on it for free for a limited time. I really wish they add a dogfighting mode and more maps.

I saw this. No dogfights? How can a game about flight combat not have dogfights?! blink.gif

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Nov 28 2022, 04:10 AM
Post #4867

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 27 2022, 03:17 PM) *

I saw this. No dogfights? How can a game about flight combat not have dogfights?! blink.gif

The only dogfighting mode it has is mutiplayer, the only single player modes it has is Story and Fleet Assault and Fleet Assault gets a little boring after a while. This is why Battlefront 2 is the better one for SW dogfighting.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Nov 28 2022, 04:42 PM
Post #4868

Master
Group Icon

I've been playing mostly DFU and online Spider Soltaire (4-Suits) lately, with little time for railroading.

Little is not no, as these captures from my most recent TSC drive show.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 28 2022, 08:23 PM
Post #4869

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Nov 28 2022, 04:42 PM) *

Really nice pics, there. I wonder; does something happen when you stop at the stations?

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Nov 28 2022, 09:05 PM
Post #4870

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 28 2022, 01:23 PM) *

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Nov 28 2022, 04:42 PM) *

Really nice pics, there. I wonder; does something happen when you stop at the stations?

Yeah. Normally, but not always, when you stop at a station and open carriage doors, people enter and leave the train. It's rather rudimentary. Most functioning stations have a few token people on the platform. Once doors open, they move toward the doors, eventually vanishing to represent having boarded. At the same time, other people appear at the doors, then move toward a platform exit, eventually vanishing. Dovetail's more recent train simulation product, Train Sim World, handles this aspect far more realistically. Despite that, for various reasons I'm not sold on it. I owned it in its original release version, played it a few hours, then never touched it. I uninstalled it earlier this year.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 28 2022, 09:56 PM
Post #4871

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I have noticed sometimes in games that when things happen more realistically, it doesn't work for me and the less realistic makes more sense since it's a game and not real life. Hard to explain. I also know that whatever I'm exposed to first and it's something I like, that's what I stick with. If something comes along that is more visually appealing or more realistic, it doesn't matter. It's not an improvement to me.
This is why I, despite thinking the Jeralls never had enough snow, never download mods to make it more snowy. Adding that would in my eyes only make it "worse" despite it actually improving things.

I hope any of this made sense tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 28 2022, 10:30 PM
Post #4872

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 28 2022, 03:56 PM) *

I have noticed sometimes in games that when things happen more realistically, it doesn't work for me and the less realistic makes more sense since it's a game and not real life. Hard to explain. I also know that whatever I'm exposed to first and it's something I like, that's what I stick with. If something comes along that is more visually appealing or more realistic, it doesn't matter. It's not an improvement to me.
This is why I, despite thinking the Jeralls never had enough snow, never download mods to make it more snowy. Adding that would in my eyes only make it "worse" despite it actually improving things.

I hope any of this made sense tongue.gif

A lot of that makes game sense. If snow was more realistic, then you, and the enemies, should not be able to run through it, because you would sink in up to your knees, or slide around on the icy surface. For the game to work, it has to be just white ground.

And what is realistic magic, anyway?

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Nov 28 2022, 10:42 PM
Post #4873

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Nov 28 2022, 09:30 PM) *

Charm, rally, frenzy, for example. biggrin.gif
Also, shock if you know where to stick your finger first. wink.gif

--------------------
"What is life's greatest illusion?"
"Innocence, my brother."

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 29 2022, 05:50 PM
Post #4874

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Nov 28 2022, 10:30 PM) *

A lot of that makes game sense. If snow was more realistic, then you, and the enemies, should not be able to run through it, because you would sink in up to your knees, or slide around on the icy surface. For the game to work, it has to be just white ground.

Well, this type of to the letter reasoning can't be applied here. I think you know what I mean.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 10 2022, 07:16 PM
Post #4875

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Things are picking up, just had the first major space battle plus a smaller one. With the big battle I was attacked by the rebels at one of the planets with shipyards. The rebel fleet was massive but thankfully there were enough TIE Fighters and Defenders in place, plus some capital ships, in order to completely destroy them. Though not without major losses on my end as well as almost all fighters got destroyed.

With the small battle I had one rebel fleet pestering the planets in one of the sectors; assaulting them and leaving troops behind. I had a fleet in place so I began chasing them. Both fleet eventually met over one of the planets and since both were of the same size it wasn't given who would win. I did prevail in the end but one of the Star Destroyers and the Interdictor were so heavily damaged I decided to simply scrap them and build new ones.

I have also started building the Main Fleet and although it isn't finished yet it has begun conquering one of the three rebel sectors.

IPB Image

This post has been edited by mirocu: Dec 10 2022, 07:32 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Jacki Dice
post Dec 20 2022, 07:10 AM
Post #4876

Knower
Group Icon

I bought myself The Callisto Protocol as a treat. It's from the makers of Dead Space, so I was super hyped for it. Someone described it to me as people who made Dead Space, but didn't understand why Dead Space worked and.. they're kinda right. I see where the games are similar, but Dead Space was genuinely scary. And the necromorphs are scary in the way that they look disgusting, but also, the process of becoming one is just completely horrifying to imagine. The critters in The Callisto Protocol are scary, but in a generic space zombie way. Some of them remind me of Wrothken after getting a bad sunburn I'm still in the beginning of the game, so maybe it'll get better, but so far it's fine.

I also got The Mortuary Assistant and did an autopsy on Santa Claus. So that was fun.

This post has been edited by Jacki Dice: Dec 20 2022, 07:10 AM

--------------------
Madness Helps Me Save Myself
Nemesis

Standing on the cliffs that kiss burning winds
We are rising together
Brazen, exalting, a hiss of triumph rings
I am yours
...Yours immortally
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 22 2022, 07:01 PM
Post #4877

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Things are really starting to heat up! Today I had several space battles, mostly in Fakir sector. The rebels could just not leave me alone and I had to keep chasing them around and beating the crap out of them again and again! I certainly had no choice as every blockade/assault on a system takes away maintenace points, something I have even less of than patience these days tongue.gif

Meanwhile I kept my Main Fleet busy with some blockades/assaults of systems myself in order to gain those oh so valuable maintenance points. Need to keep strengthening the fleet with more Super Star Destroyers!

On a side note I accidentally had Darth Vader captured today, but since I got him out some time later I hope he's not too miffed hehe.gif

IPB Image

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Dec 22 2022, 07:03 PM
Post #4878

Master
Group Icon

Just playing Azur Lane on mobile and Elden Ring on PC.

Decided to start over on Elden Ring and try a different type of build. This time I'm avoiding getting the Frenzied Flame and avoiding the Maleina battle altogether, she's just too difficult and the AI summons don't do a lot to help. Also doesn't help From Software keeps nerfing the player and buffing the bosses like a spoiled brat being a Dungeon Master who JUST HAVE TO WIN.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Dec 24 2022, 09:25 PM
Post #4879

Master
Group Icon

(link) Captures of two Train Simulator products acquired during recent sales (link)

Neither is state-of-the-art, but worth the modest outlay.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Dec 26 2022, 02:20 PM
Post #4880

Master
Group Icon

The majority of my gaming-time continues to be devoted to online 4-suit Spider Solitaire. I did, however, devoted several hours yesterday to a Train Simulator Classic stopping-passenger-service drive from Glasgow to Carlisle on WMCL_North. Many captures were made. Most were subpar. Some are okay. Below is my second batch of images documenting said run:

(link) TSC WCML_North CR 721 Dunalastair passenger run, Part_2 (link)

--------------------
+Quote Post

255 Pages V « < 242 243 244 245 246 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:22 PM