213 Pages V « < 143 144 145 146 147 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Tamriel, ESO Character Updates and Stories
ghastley
post Jul 4 2018, 09:02 PM
Post #2881

Councilor
Group Icon

Laurie did a bit more decorating for Cat Man Dhou at Sleek Creek, and it's starting to look like a home. So she went hunting for the detail bits, like the plans for inkwell, quill, and papers for the desk. I expected they'd be plentiful, given that TTC shows cheap prices, but I couldn't find any of them. I want the plans, as several of the homes are going to want those.

We'll just keep doing the Dreloth Tomb runs, trying to get the Vellum lanterns, and the Imperial Motif, both of which drop there very rarely.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 5 2018, 12:12 AM
Post #2882

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jul 4 2018, 04:02 PM) *

Laurie did a bit more decorating for Cat Man Dhou at Sleek Creek, and it's starting to look like a home. So she went hunting for the detail bits, like the plans for inkwell, quill, and papers for the desk. I expected they'd be plentiful, given that TTC shows cheap prices, but I couldn't find any of them. I want the plans, as several of the homes are going to want those.

We'll just keep doing the Dreloth Tomb runs, trying to get the Vellum lanterns, and the Imperial Motif, both of which drop there very rarely.

I found an Imperial motif book in a backpack at the beginning of the Lost City of the Na-Totambu in the first big room. I found another in an urn on a shelf to your right as soon as you walk in the door of the house directly across from the Thieves Den entrance inside the city of Orsinium.

This post has been edited by mALX: Jul 5 2018, 12:12 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 5 2018, 12:16 AM
Post #2883

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 4 2018, 06:12 PM) *

I found an Imperial motif book in a backpack at the beginning of the Lost City of the Na-Totambu in the first big room. I found another in an urn on a shelf to your right as soon as you walk in the door of the house directly across from the Thieves Den entrance inside the city of Orsinium.

Lol, you really ought to play the Crate game more often with that kind of luck laugh.gif

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 5 2018, 12:28 AM
Post #2884

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jul 4 2018, 07:16 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 4 2018, 06:12 PM) *

Lol, you really ought to play the Crate game more often with that kind of luck laugh.gif

I've found the Imperial motif book three times, but can't remember which delve I was when I found the last one; it was in either a trial or vet dungeon; but I went to several in a row almost daily that month and can't remember which it was.

However, that said = I have the worst luck with crates imaginable! Monkey has the best crate luck, and I think you ride a close second, laugh.gif

This post has been edited by mALX: Jul 5 2018, 12:31 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 5 2018, 12:34 AM
Post #2885

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 4 2018, 06:28 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jul 4 2018, 07:16 PM) *

I've found the Imperial motif book three times, but can't remember which delve I was when I found the last one; it was in either a trial or vet dungeon; but I went to several in a row almost daily that month and can't remember which it was.

However, that said = I have the worst luck with crates imaginable! Monkey has the best crate luck, and I think you ride a close second, laugh.gif

Khajiit has had some good drops from the crates, to be sure. Our favorite has to be the Dwemer Wolf we got from the Dwemer season giveaway last year.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jul 5 2018, 01:04 AM
Post #2886

Mouth
Group Icon

I have found at least ten Imperial motif books since I started playing, and usually it was from backpacks and drawers. The one I found a few days ago was from the wardrobe room in Traitor's Vault in Artaeum while farming for furnishing plans.

A long time ago I learned that it pops up when you least expect it (like the one time I found it in one of the Skyreach areas when I randomly decided to check a jar), so leave no stone unturned. :v

I hope I get the Dwemer mount from the free crates.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 5 2018, 02:44 PM
Post #2887

Councilor
Group Icon

I want it, so I won't find it. That's why I'm actively looking for something else, to try and trick the RNG AI. I find more copper dust looking for heartwood, because the AI knows it's useless to me.

A trip to Dreloth Tomb normally gets a furnishing plan, a recipe, and maybe a 30% chance of a racial motif. I have eight characters, so spreading the motifs and recipes around takes care of most of the duplicates there. The plans go in the guild bank, as there doesn't seem to be any point in more than one crafter for furnishings.

Since there's a bias to Morrowind plans, I've been able to put Hlaalu stuff, instead of generic Dunmer, in the Penthouse for Minx, but she still wants a few specific items, so the AI is teasing her.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Jul 5 2018, 02:50 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jul 8 2018, 10:41 PM
Post #2888

Mouth
Group Icon

Now that the Squad's officially finished the Summerset questline, I wonder if it's time to get Fjotreid a new look. He's been wearing the same thing since Morrowind and since the current story arc is over it's a good a time as any. :v Considering he'll most likely be the protagonist of any new storylines as the original Squad takes a break, Murkmire excluded.

Also I guess I should start collecting Maormer motifs now that I have no other "obligations".

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 9 2018, 02:38 PM
Post #2889

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh wow, what a great log-in reward crate! I think I got a whole gem.

One tattoo I'll never use, one poison => gem, riding lesson, and mimic stone.

Ok, so the last two do have some use, or it would have been three gems. And I suppose if I ever get that exact tattoo again, it will be gems instead, like my repeat of "Nasal Rods" did. Three more chances at the end of the month!

In other news, Laurie broke her Master Writ log-jam when the research for the one she'd mistakenly opened for the nine-trait set completed. That let her finish that one, and three more waiting behind it. So now Blossom has a couple of crafting stations at Mournoth Keep, and is getting impatient for the third, (and a tent to shelter them).

Laurie also bought some plans for the small detail furnishings, like Quill and Inkwell, and the basic burlap sack. These are things she wants to use a lot of, as general clutter (and they don't need Heartwood!) Next on the list is bottles, but it seems the plans are all purple, and cost an arm and a leg.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jul 11 2018, 08:37 PM
Post #2890

Councilor
Group Icon

Jerric has been working in Vvardenfell on a series of schemes to outwit some Telvanni House elves. It is going as well as might be expected. Jerric is not strong in the sneaking, scheming, or outwitting departments. So far he has accidentally killed three people, and he was the only one who got upset about it. These Telvanni are not his kind of folks. He is committed to the cause, though, so he will see it through. Thankfully the area is riddled with bandits and daedra, so there have been a lot of straight-up fights to help him relax between head-scratching sessions.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 11 2018, 08:57 PM
Post #2891

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jul 11 2018, 03:37 PM) *

Jerric has been working in Vvardenfell on a series of schemes to outwit some Telvanni House elves. It is going as well as might be expected. Jerric is not strong in the sneaking, scheming, or outwitting departments. So far he has accidentally killed three people, and he was the only one who got upset about it. These Telvanni are not his kind of folks. He is committed to the cause, though, so he will see it through. Thankfully the area is riddled with bandits and daedra, so there have been a lot of straight-up fights to help him relax between head-scratching sessions.

rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 11 2018, 10:13 PM
Post #2892

Ancient
Group Icon

Poor Jerric, lol

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 11 2018, 10:19 PM
Post #2893

Paladin
Group Icon

Jerric simply has . . . different talents. For example, his mastery of drinking mead, shirtless dancing and fishing is well known! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jul 11 2018, 10:43 PM
Post #2894

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jul 11 2018, 02:37 PM) *

That was Fjotreid's general experience with the Telvanni, too, so at least Jerric's not alone. :U

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jul 13 2018, 01:52 AM
Post #2895

Mouth
Group Icon

So today I finished the Psijic Motif (by buying the last one even though I was offering much more valuable pieces in exchange lmfao) and once the Squad finishes leveling up their Jewelry crafting, they'll go back home and do their own thing for a while.

Hates will prepare for the trip back home.
Eolan's taking a very long break to recover.
Jo'zira will catch Fjotreid up on everything before (probably) passing the torch to him. ("...so he killed everyone in the room, and then himself.")

Gonna miss that Summerset house. Never did finish furnishing it, technically, but then I never finish furnishing houses, ever. It'll be great to return them to more convenient locations to do writs, though.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Jul 13 2018, 01:54 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 13 2018, 07:43 AM
Post #2896

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jul 12 2018, 08:52 PM) *

So today I finished the Psijic Motif (by buying the last one even though I was offering much more valuable pieces in exchange lmfao) and once the Squad finishes leveling up their Jewelry crafting, they'll go back home and do their own thing for a while.

Hates will prepare for the trip back home.
Eolan's taking a very long break to recover.
Jo'zira will catch Fjotreid up on everything before (probably) passing the torch to him. ("...so he killed everyone in the room, and then himself.")

Gonna miss that Summerset house. Never did finish furnishing it, technically, but then I never finish furnishing houses, ever. It'll be great to return them to more convenient locations to do writs, though.

rollinglaugh.gif LOVE the drawing!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 17 2018, 01:24 PM
Post #2897

Councilor
Group Icon

Aaaarggghh! They broke PTS!

In the patch notes it said that players with multiple GPU's would likely experience crashes. Yup, can't play on PTS any more, without disabling my three-monitor setup. This problem better not get to the live game, or I can't play any more.

And this just as I wanted to experiment with furnishings for Sleek Creek and Mournoth Keep, as well as trying out the new DLC content.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 17 2018, 07:39 PM
Post #2898

Paladin
Group Icon

Well, Buffy had a chat with the Crown Crate Cat and was informed he had 9 (!) free crown crates for her. Three were one kind and the remaining 6 were Psijic ones. We know where the free 6 came from but not quite sure on the other 3. Oh well, she didn't complain. The net results:

Her coffer of crate gems went from 134 to 210 so that is good. The only keeper/item of interest she got was a pointy wizard hat with a feather in it. A very neat hat, actually. . . except it clips unacceptably with Buffy's big ears so wearing it is a no-go. laugh.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 17 2018, 07:49 PM
Post #2899

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jul 17 2018, 02:39 PM) *

Well, Buffy had a chat with the Crown Crate Cat and was informed he had 9 (!) free crown crates for her. Three were one kind and the remaining 6 were Psijic ones. We know where the free 6 came from but not quite sure on the other 3. Oh well, she didn't complain. The net results:

Her coffer of crate gems went from 134 to 210 so that is good. The only keeper/item of interest she got was a pointy wizard hat with a feather in it. A very neat hat, actually. . . except it clips unacceptably with Buffy's big ears so wearing it is a no-go. laugh.gif

Those must have been from the daily rewards for June! Awesome!

Okay, I was online all morning and forgot to open my crates! I did see they were in there, just forgot, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 17 2018, 08:34 PM
Post #2900

Ancient
Group Icon

Khajiit got six crates (3 psiijic and 3 of the other kind that Khajiit isn’t going to try to remember how to spell). Nothing special of note but we got 50 gems so we bought Mira a Fish Elf Headgear and Shoulders chapter.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post

213 Pages V « < 143 144 145 146 147 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:00 PM