post Mar 2 2013, 11:16 PM
Post #81

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Mar 2 2013, 04:06 PM) *

-girly squeal-

GOD IDEA!!!

rollinglaugh.gif

I just about everyone likes Garrus. In Mass Effect my standard squad was Wrex and Garrus. ME2 it was Garrus and... whatever the Krogan's name was.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Mar 2 2013, 11:21 PM
Post #82

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Mar 2 2013, 04:16 PM) *

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Mar 2 2013, 04:06 PM) *

-girly squeal-

GOD IDEA!!!

rollinglaugh.gif

I just about everyone likes Garrus. In Mass Effect my standard squad was Wrex and Garrus. ME2 it was Garrus and... whatever the Krogan's name was.

Grunt, lol.

Garrus is always with me, too. He's a staple party member.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Mar 3 2013, 12:08 AM
Post #83

Forum Bard
Group Icon

I always went with Ashley and Kaiden in the first ME, which is why Virmire made me so angry. After Kaiden was gone Garrus replaced him strictly because of his skill set and not because I liked him.

In ME2 I went with Garrus and Legion. Garrus was written a lot better in the last two games and I actually enjoyed his company. Having a look into geth "culture" was awesome.

In ME3 I went with Garrus and the Marine who starts with you.

Garrus is my favorite because he's always got your back through the whole game but generally I like all of the characters for their unique petsonalities.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Mar 3 2013, 12:12 AM
Post #84

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kiln @ Mar 2 2013, 05:08 PM) *

I always went with Ashley and Kaiden in the first ME, which is why Virmire made me so angry. After Kaiden was gone Garrus replaced him strictly because of his skill set and not because I liked him.

In ME2 I went with Garrus and Legion. Garrus was written a lot better in the last two games and I actually enjoyed his company. Having a look into geth "culture" was awesome.

In ME3 I went with Garrus and the Marine who starts with you.

Garrus is my favorite because he's always got your back through the whole game but generally I like all of the characters for their unique petsonalities.

Vega starts with you on the 3rd one.

I always had Garrus in my group. ALWAYS. I loved the little quips he came up with, and felt that having a party member who had seen you through it all was important.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 3 2013, 01:01 AM
Post #85

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Mar 2 2013, 04:21 PM) *

Grunt, lol.

What an awful name. Yeah, he got replaced by Legion, but that was unfortunately a LONG way through the game.

Garrus was pretty awesome. If I play the 3rd one ever, I'll be getting him pronto.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Mar 3 2013, 01:04 AM
Post #86

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Mar 2 2013, 06:01 PM) *

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Mar 2 2013, 04:21 PM) *

Grunt, lol.

What an awful name. Yeah, he got replaced by Legion, but that was unfortunately a LONG way through the game.

Garrus was pretty awesome. If I play the 3rd one ever, I'll be getting him pronto.

He picked his own name, lol. He said is resonated with him.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 3 2013, 01:09 AM
Post #87

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Mar 2 2013, 06:04 PM) *

Well, that could be why he got booted as soon as someone better came along. He was never as cool as Wrex was. That guy was almost as cool as Garrus. He had some really funny lines if I recall correctly. I miss ME1. Always gave Garrus the best sniper rifle, Wrex the best shotgun. Then modded both of them to shoot explosive rounds. BOOOM.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Mar 3 2013, 01:29 AM
Post #88

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Mar 2 2013, 06:09 PM) *

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Mar 2 2013, 06:04 PM) *

Well, that could be why he got booted as soon as someone better came along. He was never as cool as Wrex was. That guy was almost as cool as Garrus. He had some really funny lines if I recall correctly. I miss ME1. Always gave Garrus the best sniper rifle, Wrex the best shotgun. Then modded both of them to shoot explosive rounds. BOOOM.

Snob. XD

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Mar 3 2013, 06:08 PM
Post #89

Master
Group Icon

I personally really liked Grunt; he was an interesting character and was useful in a fight, and when I found out that, in ME3 I had a massive 'atta boy!' moment for him. Plus his loyalty mission was a lot of fun, too.

Anybody played the new Reckoning DLC pack, by the way? You can play as a Krogan with a giant hammer. YOU CAN PLAY AS KROGAN THOR!!
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Mar 3 2013, 07:03 PM
Post #90

Ancient
Group Icon

I don't have that DLC yet. Now I want it lol

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Mar 9 2013, 04:52 AM
Post #91

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Anybody got the Omega or Citadel DLC's yet? I want to try them but Bioware thinks their DLC is worth too much money at launch these days.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Oct 9 2014, 11:19 PM
Post #92

Mouth
Group Icon

I'd like to bring this topic back from the dead to explore the possible ramifications of the three bad endings before the new game is announced. Here's what I think happened after the end credits:

- You’re SHEPARD, but you’re clinically brain-dead lying in a bed at Huerta Memorial. Shooting the red pipe caused your body to be blown down to the control room, back across the chasm, and through the room of corpses to the beam which deposited you (still breathing, mind you) amidst the rubble of London. With the Mass Relays destroyed and much of Earth looking like Trafalgar Square, you were transported to Huerta Memorial, which was miraculously spared any real damage when the orbiting Citadel exploded.

-OR-

- Your body has been transported to Huerta Memorial as above, but your consciousness now exists inside the Reaper Consensus (which you have renamed the ‘because I said so’). Here you are able to make decisions that influence Reaper behavior based on the fact that you grabbed two blue handlebars because TIM told you to. You are using your newfound power to make your Reaper puppets rebuild the mass relays because you want to finally stick it to the idiots on the Council (who all somehow survived) and take your shiny new Reapers on a long delayed full scale invasion of the Terminus Systems.

-OR-

- Your body was completely vaporized due to the fact that you inexplicably decided to complete SAREN'S objective from the first Mass Effect! All that’s left of you is a single piece of chestplate with the N7 logo that was recovered from the rubble in London near the spot where you disappeared into the beam. Experts speculate that your armor was somehow separated from your body due to the molecular deconstruction that preceded your transport to the Citadel. With nothing left of you to bury, the remaining piece of armor is transported to the only section of the Citadel still standing... Huerta Memorial.

-NOW-

- EMILY WONG is reporting from outside Huerta Memorial where an angry half synthetic/half organic lynch mob have gathered to string you up for what they perceive to be crimes against organics. The Krogan have sent envoys to the Citadel to demand that your body be brought to Tuchanka to face trial for curing the genophage, then rendering the entire Krogan race sterile again by choosing Synthesis. URDNOT WREX has been quoted as saying that you’ll make a good amuse-bouche for KALROS, the Queen of all Thresher Maws. In fact, the only one happy about being spontaneously transformed into a cyborg is a Volus named NIFTU CAL.

- 184,563,297 lawsuits have been filed against you to date for everything from genocide to property damage to copyright infringement.

- Your ship and crew crash landed on a planet only 654 light years from Citadel space. Engineer GREG ADAMS surmises that fuel reserves will hold out just long enough for the Tantalus Drive Core to build momentum to reach 89% of light speed. The good news is that, since we all know that Sir Isaac Newton is the most fuel efficient son-of-a-you-know-what in space, the ship will continue to drift at that speed indefinitely without fuel. The bad news is that, with the mass relays destroyed, only Matriarch LIARA T’SONI would be alive when the Normandy finally returns to Citadel space... and that’s only if she somehow manages to avoid eating or drinking after the first eleven months. To combat this Adams, T’Soni, & TALI’ZORAH vas NORMANDY repurpose the escape pods to serve as rudimentary stasis pods based upon a prothean design provided by JAVIK.

- Because they were virtually wiped out in the initial Reaper attack, the Batarians never did actually send their committed ships into battle against the Reapers. They now find themselves in possession of the largest fleet in Citadel Space. In recognition of this, the other councillors name BALAK to take the seat vacated by DONNELL UDINA.

- Without the Geth to assist them in acclimatizing themselves to Rannoch, the Quarians suffer through a series of pandemics that all but wipe them off the galactic map. In a last ditch effort to save her species, ADMIRAL X’EN tries to recreate the Geth using second hand parts salvaged from the remnants of the Migrant fleet. The results are not aesthetically pleasing, but her ‘new Geth’ do attain self awareness... right before they break down because there are fewer Quarians to keep them repaired.

- DALATRASS LINRON is stripped of her title after footage of her in flagrante delicto with a Hanar named ZYMANDIS (soul name: Regards the Works of the Enkindlers in Despair) floods the extranet. Thanks to the testimony of a Spectre named JONDUM BAU, it comes to light that this Zymandis was actually an indoctrinated Reaper agent who almost caused the fall of Kahje. This revelation is a political WMD that vaporizes the entire Linron bloodline and opens the door for DALATRASS NARRA to be named the new leader of the Salarian Union. Former Dalatrass Linron retires to an undisclosed location and spends the rest of her life fleeing the Drell assassins that the Hanar send to exterminate her.

- Spurred on by his new wife, JENNA, CONRAD VERNER volunteers to work as a consultant on the Crucible project where he is re-aquainted with engineer GAVIN HOSSLE. Over coffee the two write out the mission statement for the corporation that will come to be known as Verssle Endeavours on an Alliance napkin. Verssle Endeavours becomes the leading light in harnessing the dark energy necessary to rebuild the Mass Relays. The napkin will later rest under secure glass, right next to Conrad Verner’s statue, in the Smithsonian Institute.

- As a result of her efforts leading the colonists of Zhu’s Hope against the Reapers, SHIALA is approached with commission offers by both the Asari Military and the Human Systems Alliance. She is also informed by the Citadel Council of her Spectre candidacy. In the end, she puts them all aside to begin her new life as an Asari Justicar.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 9 2014, 11:29 PM
Post #93

Ancient
Group Icon

I didn't play the second or third games, but I do recall something about traveling near the speed of light. The closer you get to it, the more time dilates. So that even though it might take 900 years to fly back to Earth, a much shorter time will pass onboard the ship itself. I am not a mathmagician, so I don't know all the calculations. But I do recall from Cosmos that you could travel around the Milky Way at the speed of light, and only be about 20 or 30 years older when you got back. Though thousands of years would have passed back home.

Also keep in mind too that while traveling through the vacuum of space will not slow the ship down once it has reached its maximum speed, the gravity wells it encounters along the way will. Passes with stars, planets, and planetoids will affect the ship's speed, and might slow it down, or speed it up. They could also send it flying off on a completely different trajectory, such as the vastness of intergalactic space.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Oct 9 2014, 11:33 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Oct 9 2014, 11:50 PM
Post #94

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Oct 9 2014, 03:29 PM) *

I didn't play the second or third games, but I do recall something about traveling near the speed of light. The closer you get to it, the more time dilates. So that even though it might take 900 years to fly back to Earth, a much shorter time will pass onboard the ship itself. I am not a mathmagician, so I don't know all the calculations. But I do recall from Cosmos that you could travel around the Milky Way at the speed of light, and only be about 20 or 30 years older when you got back. Though thousands of years would have passed back home.

Also keep in mind too that while traveling through the vacuum of space will not slow the ship down once it has reached its maximum speed, the gravity wells it encounters along the way will. Passes with stars, planets, and planetoids will affect the ship's speed, and might slow it down, or speed it up. They could also send it flying off on a completely different trajectory, such as the vastness of intergalactic space.

This was actually meant as a joke for those of us who played through all three games only to get the final ending(s) we did. Most of these references will be lost on you if you didn't play through the games. Not being a mathmagician myself, I couldn't even begin to tell you how much effect on time dilation traveling at only 89% of light speed would have. I can only surmise that it might be significant.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 10 2014, 09:56 PM
Post #95

Master
Group Icon

I played both ME1 and ME2 but I finished them long before ME3 was released so when it happened, I didn't feel any hype about it anymore. Besides, I encountered that bug which wouldn't allow me to import my character from ME2 - although the bug was later fixed, I already moved on so I never finished the saga with my Dylan Shepard. I still don't know exactly what the endings are, though I read some negative critics about it.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 10 2014, 10:18 PM
Post #96

Ancient
Group Icon

My understanding is that the endings came in different colors. And that is all the difference is! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Oct 11 2014, 04:44 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Oct 11 2014, 09:18 AM
Post #97

Mouth
Group Icon

The endings were bad, to be sure… but they didn't ruin the trilogy for me like they did with so many others. 'Rosa, Lopov you should definitely play through to the end of the trilogy. I think people were so angry and outraged over the endings because the over-arching story up to that point was so good. You can't hate something that you're indifferent to.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 11 2014, 04:40 PM
Post #98

Ancient
Group Icon

I tried playing ME2, but I never got past the intro. Once I found out the game forces you to join the terrorist group from the first game, I gave up. I just won't do that. While they claimed to be about human superiority over aliens, all I ever saw them do was kill human servicepeople, like Admiral Kabuki. So it was rather plain to me that is what they were all about. From what I have read and watched on video about the other games, I was not far from the mark (don't want to spoil anything here).

Besides, I found the gameplay in ME1 to be rather poor. Well, until I played the intro to ME2. That made me appreciate the first game more! The only thing that kept me playing the first game at all was to see how the story turned out. But once I played through it once, and already knew that, and there is no reason to try it again. I was really very unimpressed with the series.

So I would rather spend my time playing games that interest me more, such as Wasteland 2 (which I am definitely going to try sometime). I bought Baldur's Gate II a while ago and still haven't even had time to start it either.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Oct 11 2014, 04:57 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:12 PM