Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Tamriel, ESO Character Updates and Stories
mALX
post Dec 16 2019, 04:00 PM
Post #3841

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Dec 16 2019, 08:48 AM) *

Don't feel bad about it mALX, I had a bad feeling when they started inviting people left and right. I only wanted to collect two or three folks for this. After all, Phae soloed Rinkydink (except for that giant mechanical spider) in eastern Wrothgar, and she and Jerric blasted through the bosses in Old Orsinium without a problem until he had to bail (irl reasons, forgivable), and at that point she was so close to the end she took on the group boss by herself and did just fine with that. Because just about every WB in Wrothgar has adds, we knew she couldn't solo them by herself, but fortunately Bear and Gray came out and we demolished all of them in pretty good order.

I think next time I'll just make it clear that it's going to be a small group only, and I"m not doing any dailies - takes up too much time running back and forth to turn them in and pick them up. I'm not that motivated for motifs anymore anyways.

They weren't actually inviting anyone; what happened was that Deadly mentioned he was going to be going with you to help get the Wrothgar World Bosses after the Trial; and everyone in the Teamspeak (that also needed those World Bosses cleared) jumped on it and wanted to go too.

I'm like you, I prefer to just go do the Bosses and not go back and forth that way; but (because they were hopping all over the map by wayshrines and were at the next boss before I could even see where they went; and I couldn't see the little white Player marks on the white snowy map of Wrothgar) = it actually helped me to have them marked on the map to know which ones they were going to next so I could find them.

Then they were all moving too fast for me to keep up with them because Malan's horse is still excruciatingly slow; and someone's Warden bear kept aggro-ing the Bosses; and by the time I arrived the fight would be over; so I ended up with some of them not cleared at the end.

When I mentioned it, they did run back to them with me and redid them; which I appreciated = but I completely agree with you; a few friends traveling together and agreeing which World Boss to go to next = a MUCH better scenario!!! I remember when you lead us to the World Bosses at some of our Guild Meets in the past = it went perfectly smoothly for EVERYONE at the Meet; no one got left behind like what happened Saturday night.

I felt awful that happened the way it did; I think everyone got all hyped up for a fun time doing World Boss dailies instead of realizing you were just needing certain bosses and wanting to go straight to them.

I am so glad Bear and Gray came and helped you! They are so nice!!!

This post has been edited by mALX: Dec 16 2019, 04:02 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Dec 17 2019, 05:50 PM
Post #3842

Master
Group Icon

That's the biggest problem I have with large groups, especially when they're guild based like this - everyone but me is on TeamSpeak. I know when there is communication via voice chat, because decisions are being made outside of text chat, and that leaves me out in the cold and feeling very excluded.

TBH, I didn't enjoy this trial (Asylum Sanctorium) as much as others I've done in the past, mainly for this reason. There was no pause before each boss to review the mechanics, and to "assign" tasks to each role. I really enjoy going on trials with my housing guild because we take our time, discuss mechanics, and talk about who's doing what. This way when I go into the boss fight, I know what to expect and what to watch out for and what to do. It's so much more fun for me that way, and the housing guild is so good about including me in team communications.

I wonder if SneakyBo would have noticed I was no longer with the group had you not said anything. Probably not until they were done . . .

It's a good guild, just not for me to run group content with. I do better with my other two (large) guilds.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 17 2019, 06:55 PM
Post #3843

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Dec 17 2019, 11:50 AM) *

That's the biggest problem I have with large groups, especially when they're guild based like this - everyone but me is on TeamSpeak. I know when there is communication via voice chat, because decisions are being made outside of text chat, and that leaves me out in the cold and feeling very excluded.

TBH, I didn't enjoy this trial (Asylum Sanctorium) as much as others I've done in the past, mainly for this reason. There was no pause before each boss to review the mechanics, and to "assign" tasks to each role. I really enjoy going on trials with my housing guild because we take our time, discuss mechanics, and talk about who's doing what. This way when I go into the boss fight, I know what to expect and what to watch out for and what to do. It's so much more fun for me that way, and the housing guild is so good about including me in team communications.

I wonder if SneakyBo would have noticed I was no longer with the group had you not said anything. Probably not until they were done . . .

It's a good guild, just not for me to run group content with. I do better with my other two (large) guilds.

I can't see the chat box well enough to read it without my magnifying glass; so couldn't tell if anyone was writing to you or not; but I agree with you 100% = especially on Trials and group dungeons. This guild used to do that too (stop before each boss and explain the mechanics) when one of our most beloved members was leading the dungeon/Trials (Her name was Myaki, and she was amazing). She left the Guild and started her own Trial running Guild, sadly. But she also made accommodations for any members not using Teamspeak too; which Sereph was def not doing for you in that Trial; (he wasn't stopping and giving instructions on Teamspeak either; I had to ask before going in if there was any mechanics I should know about).

They did Asylum a month or so ago and that time they DID stop and explain each Boss's mechanics; so really not sure what happened this time. It felt to me like they were rushing through it.

I was telling Acadian about that fiasco in Wrothgar; it really upset me. Anyway; last night just a couple of us got together and did the World Bosses in The Rift; and it was done exactly how you did it for our Chorrolites Guild Meets years ago:

The man (Ariont) made sure everyone knew WHICH World Boss we would be going to next; and if we were going by Wayshrines he would go first and have us travel to him; then he waited at the wayshrine for everyone to get there and we road together to the World Boss. He made sure all were there before starting the fight.

Also = we just did the World Bosses; no daily quests = so on many of them, we just road cross country as a group of four to them if they were semi-close to the next. It felt cohesive and friendly for all; no one was excluded (even me, who had trouble finding places = Ariont even told me which direction we would be going next to help me find the boss in case I got behind because Malan's horse is still slow).

The whole thing last night was SO much nicer than the way Sereph did it for you in Wrothgar; I am just so very sorry it was not done nicely like that on Saturday.

I always feel a bit excluded when the elite players like Sereph are racing through dungeons and Trial runs or how they did with that World Boss run = with me not able to follow them and lost over half the time; I am just so sorry you were made to feel that way too. I am so glad our Chorrolites Guild never makes any Players feel that way.

This post has been edited by mALX: Dec 17 2019, 06:59 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Dec 17 2019, 07:57 PM
Post #3844

Master
Group Icon

The other day in Fort Amol some gamer asked me "how do I walk". It took me a long time to explain to her where the setting to toggle auto run/walk is, but in the end she found it and began walking as well. She was grateful and offered her hand and together with Renee's Anita we brought down one of the Eastmarch dolmens and fought against Rageclaw. The next day she sent some gifts to Shonta. Today she wrote a message, that she wants to join me in the future on my adventures, because she wants to walk with me. laugh.gif

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 17 2019, 08:36 PM
Post #3845

Paladin
Group Icon

Lopov, I know, right? Buffy spends lots of time riding Superian at a walk and gets asked 'how do I walk?' with some regularity.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Dec 17 2019, 08:45 PM
Post #3846

Mouth
Group Icon

I sure wouldn't want to run with somebody like that who is just going to haphazardly do whatever and not even notify everyone in the group. What's the point of grouping up with people you are going to leave out? I'd be very annoyed if I were in that situation. Kind of rude for everyone to invite themselves into that group too, especially when the person originally trying to just form a small group ultimately gets left out. Sorry to hear about your misadventure, Rider.

Speaking of those WBs, I have most of the DLC ones left to do. I'm guessing a few of us still have them to do as well. Maybe we could do a bunch of them next guild meet?

Also, in more group dungeon news:
-Cincy took down Crypt of Hearts I, which was pretty easy. I read that II is not possible solo, so I'll forget about that for now.
-City of Ash I has also been accomplished, which might have been the easiest group dungeon to beat. City of Ash II, however, has a boss with an annoying mechanic, a Dremora that can separate parts of herself into smaller versions of herself that attack you alongside her. That isn't so much the problem, though. The problem is after a while, she will bring those smaller versions back into herself and if you don't kill enough of them or damage them enough, the process can actually heal her. So we just fought to a standstill, as I could tank and heal even when I was getting overwhelmed but I can't do enough damage quickly enough to whittle down her health bar (only got it down to about 77%). After wasting 15-20 minutes, I just said "[censored] it" and jumped into the lava since neither of us was willing to die.

I've read that Tempest Island, Selene's Web, Arx Corinium, and Darkshade Caverns I and II can be soloed as well and there weren't specific caveats listed for those, so I am going to assume I have a good or at least okay chance at those and try them. (Then again, Spindleclutch II was supposed to be soloable but that is only if you can deal damage quickly enough to one of the bosses before they cause a cave-in and that mechanic was not indicated at all by the person who said it was soloable). I'd like to try Veteran versions of those I have completed as well, but I read that only 1 skill point is available regardless of which difficulty you choose and that is what I care about right now.

QUOTE(Lopov @ Dec 17 2019, 01:57 PM) *

The other day in Fort Amol some gamer asked me "how do I walk". It took me a long time to explain to her where the setting to toggle auto run/walk is, but in the end she found it and began walking as well. She was grateful and offered her hand and together with Renee's Anita we brought down one of the Eastmarch dolmens and fought against Rageclaw. The next day she sent some gifts to Shonta. Today she wrote a message, that she wants to join me in the future on my adventures, because she wants to walk with me. laugh.gif

Is this the beginning of a plot for Shonta's love interest? tongue.gif

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 19 2019, 05:09 AM
Post #3847

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Dec 17 2019, 02:45 PM) *

I sure wouldn't want to run with somebody like that who is just going to haphazardly do whatever and not even notify everyone in the group. What's the point of grouping up with people you are going to leave out? I'd be very annoyed if I were in that situation. Kind of rude for everyone to invite themselves into that group too, especially when the person originally trying to just form a small group ultimately gets left out. Sorry to hear about your misadventure, Rider.

Speaking of those WBs, I have most of the DLC ones left to do. I'm guessing a few of us still have them to do as well. Maybe we could do a bunch of them next guild meet?

*snip*

I agree. (although they actually didn't know that she was just wanting a small group) = they still should have made sure their group was intact and everyone knew where to go next; etc.

I think doing WB's in our next group event is a fantastic idea! Even my main character needs a lot of them!

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 19 2019, 06:43 PM
Post #3848

Ancient
Group Icon

Brenna took part in the New Life events today, and boy, was it busy! Khajiit doesn’t think he has ever seen as many people doing the New Life as he saw today!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Dec 23 2019, 07:13 PM
Post #3849

Mouth
Group Icon

Cincy reached CP500 this morning! With a little over a week or so in the New Life Festival, hopefully the double XP will be a tremendous boon.

Also, we finally got the last skyshard in Cyrodiil! The Ebonheart Pact blew open the Gate of Mnem to try to take the Elder Scroll at the temple there. A few Dominion players had shown up when I and several other players were trying to run through, but after I respawned at the nearby keep (Bloodmayne, I think), I tried again and, luckily, there were only NPCs. The skyshard was right nearby the scroll temple so I had to be careful and sneaky. Used a couple Essences of Invisibility that I made and stayed low while Pact and Dominion players were fighting. And then I grabbed it! Shortly thereafter, a CP810 Dominion player cut me down, but I got what I came for, so I didn't care. Eventually, both of the Dominion's Scrolls were captured by the Pact, and I ran along with the group who eventually got the one for Mnem to make sure it went back deep in Pact territory safely.

It was much easier to find that skyshard this time instead of having to look it up, because I finally got some add-ons for the game--the skyshard finder being one of them. I also got the two I was missing in Craglorn, so Cincy has all 453 skyshards! Looking forward to getting more when the new Skyrim expansion comes out. I also have the addons for finding the lorebooks, missing skill points, Tamriel Trade Center, and a couple others.

Also wrapped up the Points of Interest story quests for Vvardenfell. I had Sadrith Mora and Veloth Ancestral Tomb left to do. I finished Northern Elsweyr's this past week and I have South Guard Ruins left for Southern Elsweyr.

-----------------------------------------

Unfortunately, Cincy is running low on unique content to do (at least, what he can do on his own). He won't be doing the Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood questlines, so that is right out. Evelona Mathieu is at level 30, so hopefully by the end of the New Life Festival she can help him out by power-leveling some when she hits CP. I've got a Quest finder add-on as well, so I can find those that I am missing in explored zones. It seems that there is some pure grinding in Cincy's near future.

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Dec 23 2019, 07:15 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 23 2019, 07:39 PM
Post #3850

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Dec 23 2019, 01:13 PM) *

Cincy reached CP500 this morning! With a little over a week or so in the New Life Festival, hopefully the double XP will be a tremendous boon.

Also, we finally got the last skyshard in Cyrodiil! The Ebonheart Pact blew open the Gate of Mnem to try to take the Elder Scroll at the temple there. A few Dominion players had shown up when I and several other players were trying to run through, but after I respawned at the nearby keep (Bloodmayne, I think), I tried again and, luckily, there were only NPCs. The skyshard was right nearby the scroll temple so I had to be careful and sneaky. Used a couple Essences of Invisibility that I made and stayed low while Pact and Dominion players were fighting. And then I grabbed it! Shortly thereafter, a CP810 Dominion player cut me down, but I got what I came for, so I didn't care. Eventually, both of the Dominion's Scrolls were captured by the Pact, and I ran along with the group who eventually got the one for Mnem to make sure it went back deep in Pact territory safely.

It was much easier to find that skyshard this time instead of having to look it up, because I finally got some add-ons for the game--the skyshard finder being one of them. I also got the two I was missing in Craglorn, so Cincy has all 453 skyshards! Looking forward to getting more when the new Skyrim expansion comes out. I also have the addons for finding the lorebooks, missing skill points, Tamriel Trade Center, and a couple others.

Also wrapped up the Points of Interest story quests for Vvardenfell. I had Sadrith Mora and Veloth Ancestral Tomb left to do. I finished Northern Elsweyr's this past week and I have South Guard Ruins left for Southern Elsweyr.

-----------------------------------------

Unfortunately, Cincy is running low on unique content to do (at least, what he can do on his own). He won't be doing the Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood questlines, so that is right out. Evelona Mathieu is at level 30, so hopefully by the end of the New Life Festival she can help him out by power-leveling some when she hits CP. I've got a Quest finder add-on as well, so I can find those that I am missing in explored zones. It seems that there is some pure grinding in Cincy's near future.

You build up huge amounts of CP by questing; has he done the main "Alliance questlines" in all three Alliances? (Cadwell's Silver and Gold Questlines) = they give A LOT of XP/CP and you can do those before killing Molag Bal in the game's main questline. (Since the One Tamriel patch; I always do them before going after Molag Bal).

The highest XP for questing in the game comes with doing the game's Main Questline; and it has some really unique dungeons - plus gets you up in the locked areas of Coldharbour.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Dec 24 2019, 02:33 AM
Post #3851

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 23 2019, 01:39 PM) *

You build up huge amounts of CP by questing; has he done the main "Alliance questlines" in all three Alliances? (Cadwell's Silver and Gold Questlines) = they give A LOT of XP/CP and you can do those before killing Molag Bal in the game's main questline. (Since the One Tamriel patch; I always do them before going after Molag Bal).

The highest XP for questing in the game comes with doing the game's Main Questline; and it has some really unique dungeons - plus gets you up in the locked areas of Coldharbour.

Indeed. That's part of why he has relatively little major content left. Alliance questlines, main quest, DLC storylines, almost every single "Point of Interest" quest (as aforementioned).

I'm sure I'm being very subjective about my definition of "major" content and mostly talking about solo content. There are still miscellaneous quests scattered throughout the zones, some group dungeons that are soloable, lorebooks, dailies I have never done, the whole Summerset museum quest and most of the museum quests for Northern and Southern Elsweyr, etc. But I am not considering every single bit of that as "major" content and there is a ton of stuff I am not interested in (e.g. fishing, a lot of the obscure achievements).

And that's not even going into definitively group content (e.g. Trials, which I have never done before) or group content that can be soloed but is just out of reach of Cincy's capabilities. I don't mean to make it sound like there is close to nothing new left. There's still plenty of content. It's just that I can sort of see the "end of the tunnel" after so long wondering how I could possibly get near to that point. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 24 2019, 02:47 AM
Post #3852

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Dec 23 2019, 08:33 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 23 2019, 01:39 PM) *

Indeed. That's part of why he has relatively little major content left. Alliance questlines, main quest, DLC storylines, almost every single "Point of Interest" quest (as aforementioned).

I'm sure I'm being very subjective about my definition of "major" content and mostly talking about solo content. There are still miscellaneous quests scattered throughout the zones, some group dungeons that are soloable, lorebooks, dailies I have never done, the whole Summerset museum quest and most of the museum quests for Northern and Southern Elsweyr, etc. But I am not considering every single bit of that as "major" content and there is a ton of stuff I am not interested in (e.g. fishing, a lot of the obscure achievements).

And that's not even going into definitively group content (e.g. Trials, which I have never done before) or group content that can be soloed but is just out of reach of Cincy's capabilities. I don't mean to make it sound like there is close to nothing new left. There's still plenty of content. It's just that I can sort of see the "end of the tunnel" after so long wondering how I could possibly get near to that point. tongue.gif

HOLY COW!!! panic.gif You are fast as lightning!!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Dec 25 2019, 11:35 AM
Post #3853

Master
Group Icon

"Living in a world, where danger lurks behind every corner and every day death takes its merciless toll, in a world where Men and Mer are oftentimes rushing past each other, hardly finding enough time for themselves, hastening from one battle to another, it is music that soothes, it is music that makes Men and Mer slow down and enjoy listening to gentle tunes, even if for just one minute."

Such is the philosophy of Garrick the Bard, the Breton wanderer, who roams Tamriel and plays his lute, or sometimes his flute, in any place, where he feels his tunes should be heard. He can be found playing in major towns of Tamriel, oftentimes in markets, sometimes inside inns and sometimes on the road, close to important crossings. He doesn't play for gold, but he doesn't reject gifts, if he receives any.

Right now Garrick is in Northern Elsweyr, the caravan he was traveling with, was attacked by a dragon, and after successful healing, he is now in Riverhold, playing his lute to courageous warriors that are struggling to make this world a safer place. Garrick himself is not as brave, he engages in combat only if attacked, so instead he contributes to Tamriel by playing his magical tunes to anyone that's willing to listen to him. However, Riverhold is a small settlement, so Garrick will soon depart for Rimmen.

As soon as Garrick saw the town ahead...

...he ventured there and did what he knows the best.

He played in the middle of Riverhold market...

...under the watchful eye of Masser.

Occasionally travelers would stop for a while and listen to his tunes...

...before rushing to another battle, against dragons or anything else that threatens Elsweyr.

---

Garrick is my new character, created yesterday. Those familiar with Baldur's Gate 1 will recognize the reference to the bard from Nashkel, but "Garrick" was already taken, so I went with "Garrick the Bard". Garrick's purpose is described above, I foresee that he'll see very little combat, probably only when traveling between towns / regions. I don't see him doing any quests either. Some player was trying to give him a tip yesterday in Riverhold, but didn't know how to send some gold over. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Lopov: Dec 25 2019, 12:25 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 25 2019, 01:33 PM
Post #3854

Paladin
Group Icon

Welcome to Garrick and thanks for the fun screenshots!

Hmm. . . tipping a bard. Asking to trade would interrupt their song. So, noting their name and PM'ing some gold might be the best way I figure?

I've often wished for an emote where your player would strike up a tune on a lute and sing as well. Something like: /singfemale and /singmale. Buffy would love to sing Malukah songs as she travels.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Dec 25 2019, 07:33 PM
Post #3855

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Dec 25 2019, 01:33 PM) *

Welcome to Garrick and thanks for the fun screenshots!

Hmm. . . tipping a bard. Asking to trade would interrupt their song. So, noting their name and PM'ing some gold might be the best way I figure?

I've often wished for an emote where your player would strike up a tune on a lute and sing as well. Something like: /singfemale and /singmale. Buffy would love to sing Malukah songs as she travels.

Thanks!

I noticed yesterday (or was it today? mellow.gif ) that you were online with Buffy but she was "only" level 8? Did you create another "version" of her?

I think that the way you describe is the easiest to send gold (or some other gift) to another player.

I wonder if there's an animation available for the instrument that some Khajiiti bards can be seen playing? I don't know its name unfortunately, but they sit with their legs crossed and have this instrument in their lap.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 25 2019, 08:41 PM
Post #3856

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Dec 25 2019, 05:35 AM) *

"Living in a world, where danger lurks behind every corner and every day death takes its merciless toll, in a world where Men and Mer are oftentimes rushing past each other, hardly finding enough time for themselves, hastening from one battle to another, it is music that soothes, it is music that makes Men and Mer slow down and enjoy listening to gentle tunes, even if for just one minute."

Such is the philosophy of Garrick the Bard, the Breton wanderer, who roams Tamriel and plays his lute, or sometimes his flute, in any place, where he feels his tunes should be heard. He can be found playing in major towns of Tamriel, oftentimes in markets, sometimes inside inns and sometimes on the road, close to important crossings. He doesn't play for gold, but he doesn't reject gifts, if he receives any.

Right now Garrick is in Northern Elsweyr, the caravan he was traveling with, was attacked by a dragon, and after successful healing, he is now in Riverhold, playing his lute to courageous warriors that are struggling to make this world a safer place. Garrick himself is not as brave, he engages in combat only if attacked, so instead he contributes to Tamriel by playing his magical tunes to anyone that's willing to listen to him. However, Riverhold is a small settlement, so Garrick will soon depart for Rimmen.

As soon as Garrick saw the town ahead...

...he ventured there and did what he knows the best.

He played in the middle of Riverhold market...

...under the watchful eye of Masser.

Occasionally travelers would stop for a while and listen to his tunes...

...before rushing to another battle, against dragons or anything else that threatens Elsweyr.

---

Garrick is my new character, created yesterday. Those familiar with Baldur's Gate 1 will recognize the reference to the bard from Nashkel, but "Garrick" was already taken, so I went with "Garrick the Bard". Garrick's purpose is described above, I foresee that he'll see very little combat, probably only when traveling between towns / regions. I don't see him doing any quests either. Some player was trying to give him a tip yesterday in Riverhold, but didn't know how to send some gold over. laugh.gif

Oh, that is so Awesome that a Player wanted to give him a tip!

That instrument you play while sitting is a "Sitar," and the animation came in Crown Crates or could be bought for gems. Unlike the Lute or Flute; the Sitar is very hard on the ears if someone plays it for long periods of time; it has a tendency to drive people away rather than draw them to you, lol.

And as for a Player wanting to tip you = they can press the "F" key while their cursor is on you and select the "Trade With Player" option. Then they can give you whatever they want as a tip.

The main reason I think that Trading is a better option than having them Mail to you:

1. Because the Chat Box doesn't give access to mailing to anyone; only whispering. So they would have to actually write down your name exactly correctly to mail it = Account names are specific to the Nth degree and have to be exact as to capital letters; spacing; numbers; punctuation; etc = too easy to send the gift to the wrong person if they aren't on your friends list or Guild Roster.

2. Unless you are on a person's "Friends List," your name will not pop up automatically to let them know they have correctly addressed it; they have to just HOPE they got everything right on it; and will never know for sure.

3. Most Players are not going to take the time to write down your name specifically and exactly just to send someone a tip; but they will use the easy Trade function since it is an "instant" remedy to their inspired idea of tipping.

Imho = Best to just have them use the Trade function. Plus, it might end up striking up a friendship to stop playing long enough to thank them; talk for a minute. That is the great part of Multiplayer!

This post has been edited by mALX: Dec 25 2019, 09:11 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 25 2019, 08:43 PM
Post #3857

Paladin
Group Icon

Buffy did start another templar. This one as a bow/bow stamina templar. Mostly to see if she likes it.

That instrument you described (sitting while playing) is a momento type thing that was available in the crown store for a time - via gems I think. I didn't get it.

Edit - Ninja'd by dear mALX. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Acadian: Dec 25 2019, 08:44 PM

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Dec 25 2019, 10:40 PM
Post #3858

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Dec 25 2019, 02:43 PM) *

Buffy did start another templar. This one as a bow/bow stamina templar. Mostly to see if she likes it.

That instrument you described (sitting while playing) is a momento type thing that was available in the crown store for a time - via gems I think. I didn't get it.

Edit - Ninja'd by dear mALX. tongue.gif

Half-joking/half-serious question: Did Buffy get caught in a Dragon Break and that's why there are so many versions of her? Is there another explanation based on lore or do you do it just because you can? Something else?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 25 2019, 11:52 PM
Post #3859

Paladin
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Dec 25 2019, 01:40 PM) *
Half-joking/half-serious question: Did Buffy get caught in a Dragon Break and that's why there are so many versions of her? Is there another explanation based on lore or do you do it just because you can? Something else?

They are all Buffy. She chooses which class, spec (mag/stam) and weapons (staves/bows) to use on any given session as casually as she chooses her outfit or hairstyle.

From a game perspective this provides two advantages that help us compensate for the drawback that ESO is a multiplayer game:
1. None of the class / specs can provide everything she wants to do. As an MMO, every class is too rigid/limited by itself.
2. As classes get nerfed and buffed and otherwise screwed with, rather than rage quitting the game, we simply focus on whichever classes she enjoys more at the moment until the silly nerf cycle comes full circle again.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 26 2019, 05:35 AM
Post #3860

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Dec 25 2019, 05:52 PM) *

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Dec 25 2019, 01:40 PM) *

They are all Buffy. She chooses which class, spec (mag/stam) and weapons (staves/bows) to use on any given session as casually as she chooses her outfit or hairstyle.

From a game perspective this provides two advantages that help us compensate for the drawback that ESO is a multiplayer game:
1. None of the class / specs can provide everything she wants to do. As an MMO, every class is too rigid/limited by itself.
2. As classes get nerfed and buffed and otherwise screwed with, rather than rage quitting the game, we simply focus on whichever classes she enjoys more at the moment until the silly nerf cycle comes full circle again.

This is a really on the mark explanation. I'm pretty sure having so many facets to Buffy is what has kept you in the game through some of those nerfs they did to her; especially the ones to the Templar and Sorc; because I am pretty sure those two Classes of Buffy were your favorites to play until Zenimax messed with them.

That nerfing is what has twice caused me to cancel my Plus membership. I wish they would stop that "balancing" crap.

--------------------
+Quote Post

213 Pages V « < 191 192 193 194 195 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:40 AM