15 Pages V « < 11 12 13 14 15 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Skyrim Roleplay Ideas
Renee
post Feb 10 2014, 01:17 PM
Post #241

Councilor
Group Icon

Yeah, don't worry about necro-threading around here. Guess you haven't met mirocu yet. *whistles*

I feel kinda sad about the fact that I had all these great ideas just after 11/11/11 and hardly implemented any of them. It's okay though, I've still had some great characters & RP over the years.

I like your Adventurer idea Grey Fox

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rohirrim
post Feb 10 2014, 04:51 PM
Post #242

Mouth
Group Icon

Wow...seeing a new member make is/her start on this thread like I did...brings a tear to my eye. sad.gif smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grey Fox
post Feb 14 2014, 10:04 AM
Post #243

Associate

QUOTE(Rohirrim @ Feb 11 2014, 01:51 AM) *

Wow...seeing a new member make is/her start on this thread like I did...brings a tear to my eye. sad.gif smile.gif

Glad I could brighten your day Rohirrim biggrin.gif

And thanks Vital, t'was solid advice.

I came up with another idea that I just tried to play through (before mod crashes) that's less of a class and more of an idea.

Any race, Argonian works well. Basically, this character was utterly terrified of Alduin after Helgen, and when he managed to escape, he simlpy picked a direction and ran. The idea was for him to have very little in the way of supplies, arms and armour, and to live off the land as best he could, ie fishing, slaying wolves/deer/mudcrabs for meat and pelts for armour etc.
+Quote Post
Vital
post Feb 14 2014, 10:52 AM
Post #244

Mouth
Group Icon

Heh sounds fun. I've experimented with both the ideas you mentioned (running in any direction from Helgen and living off the land) but never together. I have a lot of characters that live off the land to some degree; whether they are rangers who spend a lot of time in the wilderness, hunters who only go in towns to sell pelts and compete nomads. One of the things I really liked about Skyrim is the wilderness with all the passive and semi-passive animals etc.

--------------------
I'll probably disappear for a minimum of 10 minutes after this post..
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 14 2014, 01:29 PM
Post #245

Councilor
Group Icon

I wanted to make a 'live off the land' type of character but never got around to making this sort. He would have been the Scout idea way back in Post 1 (I think).

I did have a character who randomly ran after the Tutorial bit. What happened was I literally ignored the Tutorial (since Beth got rid of the 'Do you really want to be an X?' options just before we exit it). I turned the sound on my TV almost off, and blurred my eyes a bit, and simply rushed thru the Tutorial. This character was a dark elf named The Mighty Khahkhayre.

By the time he got out of the Tutorial, I now closed my eyes, and ran in any direction for ... I dunno, about a minute. When I opened my eyes, I had no idea where he was, which was pretty cool. Khahkhayre eventually wound up finding Pinewatch, which is a cabin right down the road from Helgen, and Pinewatch became his home.

I've done that bit (iggying the Tutorial) with several others. I like to think that they've simply awoken from a terrible nightmare.

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Feb 14 2014, 01:30 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Vital
post Feb 15 2014, 12:54 AM
Post #246

Mouth
Group Icon

I've got one: Valkyrie.

Basically a female nord paladin, but one sent from Sovngarde for some obscure purpose. (Possibly an MQ, civil war or dawnguard character.) The character would always wear a circlet and is suited to steel or steel plate armor; with mods I'm sure there would be some really fitting, slightly revealing armor that would be perfect but that's the best you can get in the vanilla game. If there were spears they would be the best weapons, but sword and board works fine. Ride a horse as much as possible. Do as much paladin stuff as possible etc etc....

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 15 2014, 01:41 AM
Post #247

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Vital @ Feb 14 2014, 06:54 PM) *

I've got one: Valkyrie.

Basically a female nord paladin, but one sent from Sovngarde for some obscure purpose. (Possibly an MQ, civil war or dawnguard character.) The character would always wear a circlet and is suited to steel or steel plate armor; with mods I'm sure there would be some really fitting, slightly revealing armor that would be perfect but that's the best you can get in the vanilla game. If there were spears they would be the best weapons, but sword and board works fine. Ride a horse as much as possible. Do as much paladin stuff as possible etc etc....

Excellent idea! Here is a list of names you could use. The Ancient Nord Armor should be perfect for that I think. The spear from this mod might work well too. Through the trouble with spear mods is that they inevitably end up using the battle axe animations, which just look wrong.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 15 2014, 01:57 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Vital
post Feb 15 2014, 11:01 AM
Post #248

Mouth
Group Icon

Glad you liked the idea Subrosa. I've had a few more thoughts about the Valkyrie since posting, stretching their position in Norse mythology to fit my Skyrim head-cannon needs:

Valkyrie's do not require 'mortal sustenance' (food or sleep) and cannot die; when defeated they are simply teleported back to Sovngarde, and often then back to Nirn. In Norse mythology their role is to choose who lives and dies in battle and then choose who goes to Valhalla. In my head canon they are protectors of the dead and oversee the Hall of Valor, they also despise the undead and necromancers and are often sent by Shor to deal with undead threats that mortals cannot deal with. They can revive honorable warriors who died in battle to fight alongside them (conjuration magic). They are the daughters of Kyne and Shor, and as such do not harm animals unless they must (shouts will be allowed to get the ones that calm animals). I'm thinking that my Valkyrie (if I ever get time to play one) will be the character I play through the dawnguard side of the dawnguard questline with. They will also go into as many Nordic tombs and 'cleanse' the draugr. The wont take any loot from the tombs though.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 15 2014, 07:34 PM
Post #249

Councilor
Group Icon

I like your thought about not looting tombs. I’ve found that how a character behaves inside Bleak Falls Barrow tells me a lot about them.

I think the Dawnguard sun damage spells would be a great fit for a Valkyrie character. I especially like Stendarr’s Aura for that righteous glow. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grey Fox
post Feb 15 2014, 10:28 PM
Post #250

Associate

That Valkyrie idea sound sreally good! There's a couple of Steam Workshop mods that expand the weapons to include shortswords, hammers, mauls and war-maces, as well as one and two-handed spears. Since it works on the entire armoury, it has spears from pretty much every set of equipment, including Nordic and Draugr.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 15 2014, 10:46 PM
Post #251

Ancient
Group Icon

Many of my characters will not loot the Nord Tombs. Or will only do so to a certain extent. For example, Hrafngoelir would not take the things in urns or sitting out and such. But she would take things off of the Draugr that she killed. The way she saw it, that was not robbing the dead, but hers by right of honorable battle.

Persephone takes it even further. She won't kill the Draugr while they 'sleep'. She walks up to them, nudges them, and waits for them to get up and pull their weapons out before she will strike a blow.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 15 2014, 10:46 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Vital
post Feb 20 2014, 10:34 AM
Post #252

Mouth
Group Icon

Thanks for all the tips for my Valkyrie guys smile.gif

Curse my imagination I've another idea for a character! This one would only be a relatively short play thorough, even if it did manage to stay alive long enough to complete its purpose. Basically, a young student of alchemy in Cyrodiil comes north to Skyrim to trace down Sinderion and rumors of the fables , Crimson Nirnroot. (for those who haven't been to Blackreach, this is a plant discovered down there). His/her purpose is to master the art of alchemy (lvl 100) and locate Sinderion and the secrets of his work.

The alchemist won't use anything except novice and some apprentice level spells and won't use any weapons. I doubt they will own property or marry. They may join the college of winterhold, but not as an active student.

I'll probably do this play through after Ravos goes into semi-retirement (at some point he will emerge again to do the db expansion) alongside my other character Mavrys. Both will be short llaythroughs followed by my valkyrie which will be longer (first non-DiD character on Skyirm)

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 20 2014, 03:06 PM
Post #253

Ancient
Group Icon

The Valkyrie idea is a good one for Oblivion too. The Golden Saint armor would be perfect.

I think the Alchemist Shack would be a perfect place for the Skyrim Alchemist to live.

They could wear the generic blue robe? (I think that is the one the dead Alchemists you find always wear. Or is it the black robe?). Then again, that might be a good reason to wear something else! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 20 2014, 06:43 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 20 2014, 04:02 PM
Post #254

Paladin
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 20 2014, 06:06 AM) *
The Valkyrie idea is a good one for Oblivion too. The Golden Saint armor would be perfect.

This is so true! SubRosa and I have talked before about the uncanny similarities in appearance and abilities between the 'summon Golden Saint' power in Oblivion and the 'summon Valkyrie' ability possessed by Amazons in Diablo II.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Vital
post Feb 20 2014, 09:08 PM
Post #255

Mouth
Group Icon

Subrosa, based on your advice the alchemist may stick to robes that do not possess the colour blue. He intends on living a long and healthy life laugh.gif

You are right that the Valkyrie would be good for oblivion too. It'll probably come down to what game I feel like playing when I feel like creating the Valkyrie. The golden saint armour would be absolutely perfect! All the armours in skyrim are a bit dull and gritty. The Valkyrie has to glow!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 1 2014, 03:14 PM
Post #256

Councilor
Group Icon

Here’s an idea I’ve been working on for Skyrim. I’ve never had a vampire complete the Dawnguard questline. I’ve had two that tried and died, one vampire that cured herself, and another who lived in Raven Rock in a blood-starved state until she retired. So far I have taken the stealthy Illusion/Conjuration route with One-Handed as a backup when I try to make a vampire. This results in a character who does not possess the preternatural strength that I associate with vampires. So inspired by another one of Dan Mason’s awesome builds (The Volkihar), I went a different way this time.

Serafíne Serrano was an Agent of Dibella working as an infiltrator for the Imperial Legion. She had her greatest success gathering intelligence on the Thalmor. Then something happened in the far north.

The Volkihar clan under Lord Harkon began creating chaos throughout Tamriel’s vampire world. The Vigilants of Stendarr and the newly reformed Dawnguard did not seem to be up to the task of containing them, much less foiling the unknown Nefarious Plan. Serafíne was pulled from her role in the Legion to address this new threat. Oh yeah, she had infiltrated the Legion from another organization. (Inspired by McB! biggrin.gif )The one she really works for. The Knights of the Nine have not entirely faded into obscurity.

Anyway she was asked to do the unthinkable. Put her very soul in the claws of Molag Bal. Become a vampire herself. Bring down the Volkihar from the inside.

Serafíne’s skills are Destruction, Alteration, One-Handed, and Enchanting. Restoration is a skill she’ll use until she turns. I’m not going the Necromage perk/vampire player exploit route. She’s unarmored for speed and badassery. Plus her background as a spy has not given her armor skills. She is not Dragonborn but will use Become Ethereal like Mycharonna’s Gaseous Form, Slow Time to represent her vampire speed, and the frost Shouts as Volkihar ice magic. The Volkihar are supposed to be able to freeze the blood in a mortal’s veins and reach through solid ice to ensnare their victims. That sounds pretty neat.

Destruction perks will go toward enhancing her frost spells and enchantments. I’m not sure about which Standing Stone to use for her. The Steed would give her a large encumbrance allowance which would make her seem unnaturally strong, but going without armor kind of wastes half of that Stone. Unless she switches to Heavy Armor with the Steed Stone to remove the armor penalties after she turns. Hmm. That would kind of make her a vampire ice knight. In that case I’d put points evenly between magicka and health with every fifth level going to stamina. That sounds like a plan!

So for a follower I’m thinking Nelacar since he hates all Daedra. That will take some console trickery, but it should be a nice twist. He’s a sorcerer and clearly willing to risk the player’s soul in the Azura quest, so he might be the only mortal in Skyrim who would think Serafíne is not an idiot for going along with the plan. Say, maybe he’s her contact with the KotN. Yeah, that’s it!

Depending how things go I might try some vampire mods. I’d like her to be hated at Stage Four so she has to feed, and Dawnguard took that away. I think Dawnguard vampires can summon gargoyles as a power but I’m not quite sure how that works. Since Serafíne is not skilled in Conjuration that should be a treat.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 1 2014, 04:10 PM
Post #257

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ May 1 2014, 10:14 AM) *

Anyway she was asked to do the unthinkable. Put her very soul in the claws of Molag Bal. Become a vampire herself. Bring down the Volkihar from the inside.

Beautiful! ph34r.gif

So if we join the vampire's side of Dawnguard, does this mean random vampires no longer attack us? .. I've been curious about this for awhile because I've never done DG on the vamp's side. I'm saving that for PC so I can mod Stage 4 to make NPCs frightful.

Serafíne’s skills are Destruction, Alteration, One-Handed, and Enchanting. Restoration is a skill she’ll use until she turns.

That's smart. smile.gif Once she switches from mortal to vampire, she'll be able to use Drain Health. Mych often summons an ice atronach or revives a dead enemy, and then stands back and drains health from her victims while they are busy fighting her summon.

In that case I’d put points evenly between magicka and health with every fifth level going to stamina. That sounds like a plan!

I've been using a 3/2/1.5 strategy (roughly) with Mycharonna, so she has over 300 Magicka, over 200 Health, and about 150 Stamina so far. Lots of Magicka means lots of spells, of course, and the extra Stamina comes in handy when Mych has to flee (vampiric speed, just like in Anne Rice books).

Depending how things go I might try some vampire mods. I’d like her to be hated at Stage Four so she has to feed, and Dawnguard took that away.

I love the hatred that comes at Stage 4. Burrrn the vampire! panic.gif laugh.gif So epic! .. So yeah, that's a great mod to have. When I get a vamp on PC, I might also look into any sort of sunlights mods, ya know, so sunlight can actually kills our characters.

Anyways, looking forward to this one for sure Grits.

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: May 1 2014, 04:11 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 1 2014, 04:43 PM
Post #258

Councilor
Group Icon

I’m not sure if random vampires keep attacking, but I know that if you’re on the vampire side you get random Dawnguard attacks. That should give Serafíne’s journey some real darkness. The Dawnguard is not in on the plan, so she’ll have to kill them. Collateral damage.

Also I forgot Whirlwind Sprint, at least the two words that are not in the Main Quest. And sun damage, that was the other thing I’d need a mod for. Give me back my sun damage! There should be big risks and big rewards for Bal’s children.

There’s a mod called Better Vampires that looks popular. It seems very customizable. I’ll report in the mods area if I use it.

I need to remember to have Serafíne buy some summoning scrolls for emergencies. That’s something she would do but I keep forgetting!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 1 2014, 05:27 PM
Post #259

Ancient
Group Icon

Neat background idea. She sounds a bit like the Black Widow! You might consider her being a Blades agent. They would have good reason to infiltrate the Legion and work against the Thalmor.

I used the Better Vampires mod when I played Helregin. The best thing about it is that it has a built in customization feature, so you can pick and choose what you want from the mod, and even how things work. For example I set it so that vampires became more powerful by feeding, rather than less. And that at the highest stage you were automatically attacked.

I believe the vanilla gargoyle summoning is part of the Vampire Lord form. You have to take one of the Vamp Lord perks to be able to do it, and I think it is only doable in Lord Form. But I might be wrong, as I never liked the Vampire Lord form, so never used it. I just made a little mod that makes gargoyle summoning a regular spell, along with death hounds, trolls and huskies. I can email it to you if you like.

Renee, if you do the Vampire Side of Dawnguard, there won't be random vampires attacking you. Instead you get random Dawnguard members attacking you for the rest of the game. I cannot remember if you get the vampire attacks on cities or not. I have a mod that disables them, since I like having living NPCs in my game.

For followers, if you go the Volkihar side, you can recruit two unique Death Hounds for sidekicks. Use my gargoyle summoning mod as well, and you will have a small army without even using any companion NPCs. Or maybe just create a new NPC to be her familiar, and name him Renfield? wink.gif

This post has been edited by SubRosa: May 1 2014, 06:59 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 1 2014, 06:28 PM
Post #260

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 1 2014, 12:27 PM) *

But I might be wrong, as I never liked the Vampire Lord form, so never used it.

Yeah, VL just sounds a bit over-the-top, I'm not sure I'd be interested in that either. That's just Bethesda getting silly. I like the idea of only one vampire (Lord Volkihar himself) having this power, but not my Mycharonna.

Dammit I just said it, didn't I? ... My Mycharonna ... my my my Mycharonna. *facepalm*

Renee, if you do the Vampire Side of Dawnguard, there won't be random vampires attacking you. Instead you get random Dawnguard members attacking you for the rest of the game.

Oh good! .. I'm definitely doing the vamp's side of DG then.

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: May 1 2014, 06:31 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

15 Pages V « < 11 12 13 14 15 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:53 PM