Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

118 Pages V « < 65 66 67 68 69 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "Here Is The News..", The Elder Scrolls Online General Discussion Thread...
Acadian
post Apr 12 2018, 02:35 AM
Post #1321

Paladin
Group Icon

Thanks for the link! Oh my. . . Buffy will have to slow down her gift box hunting and pace herself. laugh.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 12 2018, 01:56 PM
Post #1322

Councilor
Group Icon

And here I was thinking "Oh good, my business trip doesn't start until the events' over," and they move the goalposts!

Still, I haven't lost any playing time from the problems, so I'm getting what I originally expected from it.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Apr 13 2018, 11:47 PM
Post #1323

Mouth
Group Icon

Summerset on PTS on Monday

Too bad I'll be busy with Crafting Hell, so I probably won't be able to check out Summerset right away. This time around there's only an NDA for the main quest (which I never spoil for myself anyways) so I guess I can freely talk about being able to visit it whenever because I was in the Morrowind beta last year.

Mostly I wanna see Jewelry Crafting and the daily log-in rewards so. And to see whether there's some redeeming qualities to this cowardly rendition of Summerset

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 18 2018, 05:29 PM
Post #1324

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Apr 6 2018, 04:05 PM) *

Coming Soon: Battlegrounds for All & Morrowind Moving to Crown Store & ESO Plus!

Huh.

Starting with Summerset's launch, Morrowind can be bought from the Crown Store as a DLC if you haven't upgraded yet, and bundled with new accounts by default. The Warden class will be a separate Crown Store purchase. Battlegrounds also become part of the base game without an additional purchase.

You can also get the stuff bundled with the collector's pack as separate items? Like, just the stuff, the DLC isn't included in it???? That's...actually kinda neat. You'd think they'd dump those into the Crown Crates.

You know, that is kind of a pisser for anyone (me) who paid to pre-subscribe to Morrowind to have it free for everyone now just a year later. It kind of makes me wonder if I was stupid to pre-subscribe to Summerset Isles, like maybe it will be given away free in a year.

And it isn't as though I wouldn't buy it if it was DLC to begin with, because I have actually bought all the DLC I like on their one year anniversary (to get the discount rate). They come free with my Plus membership so I can play them first and see if I want to buy.

But to sell something as a separate "Chapter" and then give it free in a year = that kind of sticks it in the face of those that paid for it (imho).

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 7 2018, 03:43 PM) *

Well from a business standpoint, it seems ill timed. It sends the message that you can not waste your money buying the chapter now and get it for free later. Khajiit would still buy Morrowind, knowing what he knows now, because with that you got a new class. Summerset gives you... jewelry crafting with a limitation that you can only find jewelry stuff in Summerset? No thanks, Khajiit will wait for it to be free.

Ditto. Agreed.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 18 2018, 09:16 PM
Post #1325

Councilor
Group Icon

As I understand it, the Morrowind zone(s), the gameplay changes, etc. are being moved into the base, but the Warden class is still a separate store thing, (like the Imperial race) and so on.

Some of that will be because they can't keep it separate any more. If Summerset is built on things introduced by Morrowind, they need to bundle it into the new chapter or the base, or else people why buy Summerset without Morrowind end up with an unusable game. It looks like that's where they made the split. The base game enhancements got merged down, and the "chapter-unique" things became Crown Store goodies.

I look at the chapters as paying to have the content now, rather than later. I won't be getting Summerset because I'm not ready for it. but if I'd already played Morrowind into the ground, I would get it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 29 2018, 11:01 PM
Post #1326

Ancient
Group Icon

GAAAAAAAH!!! I just found out about the 6 free crates, urgh. Hope I logged on every day, but can't remember if I did or not. verysad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 29 2018, 11:33 PM
Post #1327

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Apr 29 2018, 05:01 PM) *

GAAAAAAAH!!! I just found out about the 6 free crates, urgh. Hope I logged on every day, but can't remember if I did or not. verysad.gif

Uggh, Khajiit missed it. He hasn’t signed in since the first week of the anniversary event sad.gif

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 29 2018, 11:58 PM
Post #1328

Paladin
Group Icon

By Julianos' little teapot! I didn't know about it either. When mALX said it the only thing I could think of was the free ESO+ event which I paid no attention to because I already have + of course. Sure enough! I'm sure I logged on every day. Oh how funny!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 30 2018, 04:56 PM
Post #1329

Councilor
Group Icon

I did notice, but I've been religiously doing daily crafting writs for the gold, as we're close to getting the next house. However, I didn't check to see if there was any "and kill something" rider, as they had before. I think Unna's got that covered anyway, as she was busy on the Gold, never mind the gold. wacko.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 6 2018, 04:25 PM
Post #1330

Ancient
Group Icon

Khajiit is sure you folks already noticed, but Crowns are currently on sale.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post May 6 2018, 07:02 PM
Post #1331

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 6 2018, 11:25 AM) *

Yes, thanks for posting it though in case someone didn't know.

I've been really disgruntled over it only being 20% off; isn't this the first time the sale has been for such a low percentage? I really hope this isn't a trend they intend to stick with, urgh. I'm afraid to hold out for another 40-50% sale; but really don't want to encourage Zen to think 20% is an acceptable discount by buying any now, laugh.gif

I'm sure I'll end up having to buy some just in case they don't give us a better deal in the future, but I'm not buying the 21,000 crowns for only 20% savings, that is 40 USD higher than I paid for that same package in December, urk. verysad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 6 2018, 08:37 PM
Post #1332

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ May 6 2018, 01:02 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 6 2018, 11:25 AM) *

Yes, thanks for posting it though in case someone didn't know.

I've been really disgruntled over it only being 20% off; isn't this the first time the sale has been for such a low percentage? I really hope this isn't a trend they intend to stick with, urgh. I'm afraid to hold out for another 40-50% sale; but really don't want to encourage Zen to think 20% is an acceptable discount by buying any now, laugh.gif

I'm sure I'll end up having to buy some just in case they don't give us a better deal in the future, but I'm not buying the 21,000 crowns for only 20% savings, that is 40 USD higher than I paid for that same package in December, urk. verysad.gif

I got the 3000 crown pack. Definitely cheaper than normal.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 7 2018, 01:52 PM
Post #1333

Councilor
Group Icon

The six days' crates are finally out after the maintenance, and let's just say I got a lot of gems.

The Sabre cat cub is cute enough that it will get the run of the yard at Autumn's Gate, but the face markings and similar will not be seen again.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 7 2018, 03:30 PM
Post #1334

Paladin
Group Icon

Got my crates also. Turned everything we could back in for gems so that is good (103 total gem count now). No complaints since the crates are fun and free! Then I looked through the whole crate store lineup - by Kyne's wings, no wonder I turned everything I could back in. There is not a single thing in the crate store Buffy wants - at any price. Lol.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 7 2018, 04:21 PM
Post #1335

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ May 7 2018, 10:30 AM) *

Turned everything we could back in for gems

We look forward to the day when the useless stuff we get is duplicated, and generates gems instead. There seems to be an endless supply of face markings.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 9 2018, 01:58 PM
Post #1336

Councilor
Group Icon

Grrrr....

The PTS reset, and so I have to create a new character before I can test-build stuff at Mathiisen Manor. Summerset adds a lot of new items, and most of them are Altmer style. In particular, I want to try the stair units and a statue at the back of the house, and if Dibella is available, find out how large the statues is.

Now it will all take a bit longer.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 10 2018, 06:23 PM
Post #1337

Mouth
Group Icon

Story and Lore Podcast with Loremaster Lawrence Schick and Head Writer Bill Slavicsek on May 11, 4pm EDT

Actual image of me as I wait for this podcast:
IPB Image

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 10 2018, 06:47 PM
Post #1338

Councilor
Group Icon

Got my crates also. Turned everything we could back in for gems so that is good (103 total gem count now). No complaints since the crates are fun and free! Then I looked through the whole crate store lineup - by Kyne's wings, no wonder I turned everything I could back in. There is not a single thing in the crate store Buffy wants - at any price. Lol.

This post made me go check the choices, too, and also look at UESP to see what's been there in the past. I noticed that there was a new season planned to coincide with the Summerset release. When I joined ESO, it was the end of Flame Atronach, and switched to the (new) Scalecaller later. Now we're getting another new one, and I'm wondering if that will be the pattern going forward. Will the older ones return, or will each season see a brand-new collection?

If so, I get worried that some things I want will never return to the gem store. Apart from the junk levels, they don't appear to overlap at all.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 10 2018, 07:07 PM
Post #1339

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ May 10 2018, 12:47 PM) *

This post made me go check the choices, too, and also look at UESP to see what's been there in the past. I noticed that there was a new season planned to coincide with the Summerset release. When I joined ESO, it was the end of Flame Atronach, and switched to the (new) Scalecaller later. Now we're getting another new one, and I'm wondering if that will be the pattern going forward. Will the older ones return, or will each season see a brand-new collection?

If so, I get worried that some things I want will never return to the gem store. Apart from the junk levels, they don't appear to overlap at all.

Well, the way they do the new seasons is kind of confusing in general. Last year they seemed to be on an every two month basis for changing Crate seasons but this year they seem to be going longer on current seasons. On bringing a seasons crates back, last year they did bring a previous seasons crates back for a limited time, so that can happen.

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ May 10 2018, 12:23 PM) *

Bahahaha! Get ‘em!

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: May 10 2018, 07:07 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 12 2018, 12:51 AM
Post #1340

Mouth
Group Icon

[On why the architecture looks nothing like it's described in lore.]
We already had an established architecture style with Auridon, so we wanted to expand on that and make it more elaborate and detailed.

IPB Image

Fair enough.

I still don't like it, and I'm going to headcanon the hell out of it like I do with Cyrodiil/the Imperial City. Personally, I think the styles from Auridon are only barely there, and that they went with a Gothic style honestly takes away from the "aesthetic" as Altmeri architecture. (As everyone and their mom will tell you, it looks like High Rock.)

There was also mention of how Altmer constantly change everything, so there's also that, and tbh they could have used that as an excuse, but they pulled the "unreliable narrator" bit again and at this point it's really tiring because it's just a way for them to avoid saying "we didn't have time/resources to do it justice". Again, the original concept was more in line with what appeared in lore, but it was tossed years ago and from what I've seen there is basically nothing of it left save for the sky in Artaeum.

I probably wouldn't be as mad if Matt Firor wouldn't have opened his stupid mouth and shown a frightening level of ignorance for the lore of the game he's working on. I feel more comfortable having imput from the guys who are "in the know", though. I guess. Whatever. Virtually everything else is great, so I'm looking forward to the chapter.

--------------------
+Quote Post

118 Pages V « < 65 66 67 68 69 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 02:02 PM