138 Pages V « < 136 137 138  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are you playing?
monkeyemoness
post Jul 21 2017, 04:56 AM
Post #2741

Finder
Group Icon

Listen, MOTHER/EarthBound Beginnings isn't a very good game as far as mechanics go to begin with, but the last section, Mt.Itoi? The aboslute worst.

The main developer even confessed to not having balanced the last section very well. Ugh. More time wasted.

To give you an idea of how awful the situation in the screenshot is, let me explain what each party member's role is:

Ninten is basically the Tank/Buff/Debuff-er. Most HP, highest physical offense and defense, and works well as a backup healer.

Ana is the PSI powerhouse. She can destroy things easily (and is only a few levels away from an insta-kill AoE PSI), and she has the best healing PSI, but she's really fragile, slow and weak.

Both are the only ones capable of removing status ailments and restoring fainted party members. There are no status recovery items save for poison and cold (basically Poison 2.0).

What can Lloyd do? Nothing extraordinary, outside of being able to use gadgets. Not-so-good offense, not-so-good speed, no PSI, mediocre all around. The party's virtually defeated already.
To make matters worse, a temporary party member with no PSI but far more durable, faster and stronger than Ninten was recently booted with the whole "physical strength alone won't defeat evil" moral as you get Lloyd back. That's well and good (and actually true, but spoilers) but brute strength DID get everyone to the plateau whereas a repeat attempt with Lloyd instead ended in failure. Again. Poor Lloyd. It was his time to shine.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Jul 21 2017, 05:01 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Jul 21 2017, 09:18 AM
Post #2742

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 21 2017, 12:01 AM) *

QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Jul 20 2017, 12:08 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 20 2017, 05:03 PM) *

QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Jul 18 2017, 04:22 PM) *

^ rollinglaugh.gif

I've been having some fun with Monster Hunter Generations, but now that the character who's been lurking in the back of my mind has finally introduced himself, I'll be playing Oblivion tomorrow biggrin.gif

THORNEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mALX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif

How's things?

Better now that I'm hearing from you! How have you been? I have missed you and thought about you a lot!!!

Hug_emoticon.gif

Been a bit meh lately, and kind of burnt out a little trying to keep track of politics here in the UK(we're a complete mess right now). I kept meaning send you a pm to see what was up, but something always managed to pop up and divert my attention embarrased.gif

And, just to keep things on topic laugh.gif I've gone back to playing Yu-Gi-Oh! and Xcom: Enemy Within, as Monster Hunter Generations has been a little too hard on my left thumb. And I'm a sucker for turn based strategy games biggrin.gif

--------------------
A mind without purpose will walk in dark places
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Jul 21 2017, 06:17 PM
Post #2743

Agent

Played some more Divinity 2 last night. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but it is starting to feel like with Divine Divinity where it just pulled me in practically right away. Only 3 hours in but I am really enjoying it. Going to play some more if I get the chance tonight.

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Jul 21 2017, 06:18 PM

--------------------
"I so do love mortal fantasy. I'll play along: what will you give me for the soul of Prince A'Tor?"
"I'll spell your name right on your tombstone." -Cyrus facing Nafaalilargus, The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard.
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jul 21 2017, 06:35 PM
Post #2744

Finder
Group Icon

Take a melody
Simple as can be
Give it some words and
Sweet Harmony
Raise your voices
All day long now, words grow strong now
Sing a melody of
Love, oh Love

EarthBound Beginnings is a bad game and gets most of the critical attention in a series full of sacred cows, but man, it's a really good experience.

I marathoned the rest of the game once I finally reached Mt.Itoi Plateau again. Basically the place is designed for having 2 powerful temporary party members (both getting injured/destroyed along the way) but JESUS those small sections where you're on your own are brutal. Thematically, it's pretty neat, but in terms of gameplay, well I already said enough.

I wanted to skip straight to Mother 3, but the parts of the game that have actual story made me want to go to EarthBound/Mother 2. So there's that. :V

Love is the Power
Love is the Glory
Love is the beauty and the joy of Spring
Love is the Fountain
Love is the Story
Love is the Melody we all can sing

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Jul 24 2017, 04:59 AM
Post #2745

Knower
Group Icon

I've played Earthbound Beginnings/Mother 1, I named all my characters after Undertale characters. Anyway I can't play my PS4 due to selling my controller for food money, my laptop won't play Steam games properly and the only gaming unit I have is a Centipede mini Arcade, so guess what I'm going to be playing.

--------------------
Semper Fi
AK-47.
.45ACP.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 24 2017, 05:12 AM
Post #2746

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Jul 23 2017, 11:59 PM) *

I've played Earthbound Beginnings/Mother 1, I named all my characters after Undertale characters. Anyway I can't play my PS4 due to selling my controller for food money, my laptop won't play Steam games properly and the only gaming unit I have is a Centipede mini Arcade, so guess what I'm going to be playing.

sad.gif

I'm so sorry about losing your controller, and especially because at the time you had no choice but to sell it = hate that you were put in that position. Hug_emoticon.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Zalphon
post Jul 24 2017, 05:19 AM
Post #2747

Knower
Group Icon

Has anyone played Torment: Tides of Numenera yet?

--------------------
"You have the same twenty-four hours as me; don't be mad just because you don't use yours like I do." -Tupac Shakur
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Jul 24 2017, 02:19 PM
Post #2748

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 23 2017, 11:12 PM) *

sad.gif

I'm so sorry about losing your controller, and especially because at the time you had no choice but to sell it = hate that you were put in that position. Hug_emoticon.gif

Thanks but I don't mind selling the controller, at least its not the entire console and its much more easier to replace too.

This post has been edited by Dark Reaper: Jul 24 2017, 02:19 PM

--------------------
Semper Fi
AK-47.
.45ACP.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 24 2017, 04:49 PM
Post #2749

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Jul 24 2017, 09:19 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 23 2017, 11:12 PM) *

sad.gif

Thanks but I don't mind selling the controller, at least its not the entire console and its much more easier to replace too.

That's good!

--------------------
+Quote Post

138 Pages V « < 136 137 138
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2017 - 03:49 AM