10 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bethesda.net, Bethesda's new forums REBOOT
Renee
post Aug 9 2015, 02:29 PM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

Just a heads up, for those who don't know, but still participate over at Beth. They're going to be making new forums, and from what I'm hearing, a lot of things are going to get demolished. Usernames, post counts, stars .... all of that is going to be started over. Actually, here, I'll just let Gstaff explain ...

Hi

We’re still in kicking the tires on Bethesda.net, and are very excited about the progress we’re making on the forums. We believe you guys will be happy with the changes and new features they will offer.

There are a few things worth noting at this time:

1) Usernames and posts will not be ported over. We will give folks a heads up as we get closer to the forum launch date so you can ready for the transition and claim your preferred username.

2) We will not transition all of our forums over at once. We want to make sure we’re testing functionality on the forums and gathering feedback from folks like you.

3) As forums transition over to Bethesda.net we plan to archive the existing forums so that folks can reference back to old posts.

Moving is never easy – there will be adjustments and we hope that you’ll pardon the dust as we all get used to our new digs. Knowing the longstanding efforts, love and attention, and general awesomness I’ve seen from all of you, I expect bigger and better things for everyone on the Bethesda.net forums.

Much more to come!

Personally I could care less about my username, my post count, my stars, all of that stuff. I was worried I would lose all my old posts there, the stories, the good times, but apparently #3 takes care of that. They're supposed to archive the old forums, which means all our ("Our", assuming you participated over at Beth) posts are going to be okay, we just won't be able to participate in old threads. PMs are also not getting ported over, but those are easy to archive, of course.

So in essence, we're all getting the banhammer over at Beth. yuk yuk. hehe.gif It's all good though.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Aug 9 2015, 02:42 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

Couldn't care less, to be honest. The forums over there are too crowded for my liking and it's so easy to get into a foolish argument over the most minor of things with an uptight cockroach. I'd rather spend time in small communities where everyone knows everyone!

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 9 2015, 02:57 PM
Post #3

Councilor
Group Icon

I hear what you're saying, it's not all bad there though. I like both environments, Beth and Chorrol. There are a lot of good people over at Beth's forums, and I like the fact that there's always somebody new showing up over there.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 9 2015, 04:02 PM
Post #4

Paladin
Group Icon

Yikes! I remember the last time BethSoft made their forums 'new and improved' back in very early 2010. The result was a half dozen or so of us packed up our fan fics and moved here to chorrol. We were invited here by treydog and you can tell all of us 'treybabies' by our March 2010 join date. happy.gif

Who knows? Perhaps it will go fine. . . like the more recent BethSoft/Steam foray into paid mods . . . oh. . . wait. Uh oh. blink.gif I'm worried.

I think Uleni and Renee are both right. BethSoft forums are big and many members there are way too quick to start an argument just to argue. Otoh, there are plenty of dear friends there. I do post regularly there but currently only on the somewhat rough and tumble Skyrim forums. laugh.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Aug 9 2015, 04:28 PM
Post #5

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Sigh.

I´m not gonna move over. I will get a new join date and everything, my entire history, will be gone, I can´t have that. The new Bethesda official forum will have to make due without me.

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 9 2015, 05:00 PM
Post #6

Ancient
Group Icon

I have not gone there in years. As Uleni pointed out, there are just too many trolls. But I am not going to say I will never go back. Sean Connery once said that about doing another Bond film. So naturally he ended up doing another Bond film...

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Aug 9 2015, 05:18 PM
Post #7

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I think it sucks. Even though it´s not at all the same anymore I was kinda hoping to celebrate ten years in 2017.

Oh, well...

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Aug 9 2015, 05:53 PM
Post #8

Ancient
Group Icon

Sounds like it's time to advertise hardcore and get new blood.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 9 2015, 07:15 PM
Post #9

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 9 2015, 11:02 AM) *

Yikes! I remember the last time BethSoft made their forums 'new and improved' back in very early 2010. The result was a half dozen or so of us packed up our fan fics and moved here to chorrol. We were invited here by treydog and you can tell all of us 'treybabies' by our March 2010 join date. happy.gif

Who knows? Perhaps it will go fine. . . like the more recent BethSoft/Steam foray into paid mods . . . oh. . . wait. Uh oh. blink.gif I'm worried.

I think Uleni and Renee are both right. BethSoft forums are big and many members there are way too quick to start an argument just to argue. Otoh, there are plenty of dear friends there. I do post regularly there but currently only on the somewhat rough and tumble Skyrim forums. laugh.gifs

I was remembering the same thing, this is exactly what drove us all here. And to take our profile names away? Why? How? Does this mean we are going to have to make all new profiles and give up all our longevity there?

This is worse than what they did before, this is Myspace kind of crap! We'll have to start calling Todd "Tom." Doesn't he know that loyal fans don't like being shoved off to make room for the new formats?

I had better write to Leydenne and Princess Stomper before the change, because afterward I might not be able to.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 9 2015, 12:00 PM) *

I have not gone there in years. As Uleni pointed out, there are just too many trolls. But I am not going to say I will never go back. Sean Connery once said that about doing another Bond film. So naturally he ended up doing another Bond film...

Same here, except to write to friends that are only there (like Leydenne and Princess Stomper).

This post has been edited by mALX: Aug 9 2015, 07:12 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Aug 9 2015, 07:19 PM
Post #10

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Aug 10 2015, 01:53 AM) *

I'll help by supplying them with smutty fanfics regarding Ulfric and Tullius!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 9 2015, 07:26 PM
Post #11

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Uleni Athram @ Aug 9 2015, 02:19 PM) *

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Aug 10 2015, 01:53 AM) *

I'll help by supplying them with smutty fanfics regarding Ulfric and Tullius!

And the evil antagonist is a power mad gnome named Todd Boward, any similarity between him and any real life person is purely coincidence ...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Aug 9 2015, 07:33 PM
Post #12

Master
Group Icon

And the evil Todd Boward plans on marrying Ulfric against his will, because he's a jealous little gnome that can't grow an epic beard like Ulfric. Plus, he likes northern men and their "icicles."

I really gotta go to sleep now LOL

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 9 2015, 07:45 PM
Post #13

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Uleni Athram @ Aug 9 2015, 02:33 PM) *

And the evil Todd Boward plans on marrying Ulfric against his will, because he's a jealous little gnome that can't grow an epic beard like Ulfric. Plus, he likes northern men and their "icicles."

I really gotta go to sleep now LOL

Todd Boward shoves the player into his secret catacombs where he is planning to turn into an incubus and suck the faces from all his prisoners so their remains will not be able to be identified ...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Aug 9 2015, 09:51 PM
Post #14

Councilor
Group Icon

Hmm, much like the existing Bethsoft forums, this thread is now subject to Skyrim-related derailment.

How very appropriate rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
A mind without purpose will walk in dark places
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Aug 10 2015, 01:18 AM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

Nope, not Skyrim; sanity-derailment is what I'm going for here. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Aug 10 2015, 10:47 AM
Post #16

Councilor
Group Icon

Then I fear that as yet you're falling short, having achieved merely topic derailment tongue.gif

--------------------
A mind without purpose will walk in dark places
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Aug 10 2015, 02:53 PM
Post #17

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I have already begun to advertise this place to a bunch of people I know aren´t here smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Aug 10 2015, 07:21 PM
Post #18

Mouth
Group Icon

Another 'treybaby' here (thanks a lot, Acadian tongue.gif ). Lost my original name and password ages ago during one of the previous purges on the Bethsoft forums. Haven't been back since. Maybe I'll go back once the new forums are all up and running… then again, maybe I won't.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 10 2015, 07:45 PM
Post #19

Councilor
Group Icon

I forsee a lot of issues if they don't let the established users claim their usernames for a period. Just matching the email addresses or something to confirm it's the same user. Otherwise there will be deliberate impersonation happening, something we've seen here.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Aug 11 2015, 08:09 AM
Post #20

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Aug 10 2015, 08:45 PM) *

I forsee a lot of issues if they don't let the established users claim their usernames for a period. Just matching the email addresses or something to confirm it's the same user. Otherwise there will be deliberate impersonation happening, something we've seen here.

Yeah, an identity is an identity and I think it´s important to know that mirocu is still mirocu and not Acadian in disguise... biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:30 AM