Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are you wearing? What are you wielding?
Renee
post Feb 26 2014, 02:12 AM
Post #21

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Feb 25 2014, 07:11 PM) *

Tallei, on the other hand, just can't get used to armor.

Ha! I know what you mean. Well, Lady Saga does.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 28 2014, 01:35 PM
Post #22

Councilor
Group Icon

Jerric is a walking arsenal with a range of steel and leather armor across platforms and games, but he has a few signature pieces. He most often uses Atronach’s Redeemer, a fine steel longsword enchanted with Absorb Magicka. He tends to let the charge run out and depend on potions for recharging magicka, though. He also carries Blade of the Medic, a katana enchanted with Absorb Health. Then there’s the dagger Your Soul Is Mine and a silver mace that we pretend is Nordic silver. He prefers not to dull his blades on skeletons. His shield is the Tower of the Nine (you can buy it), and in some games where a Kvatch shield has become available he has Lionheart’s Shield. It’s somewhat crappy so he enchants it with Shield. He often wears a hood instead of a helmet. It’s a battlemage thing. Oh, and the gauntlets Fists of the Drunkard purchased in Anvil are his favorite for traveling.

In town Jerric wears leather boots with just about everything. He likes the brown shirt and light brown pants. If he hopes to get lucky he might put on the quilted doublet. Or he might just take off his shirt, depending on the company. I have a number of screenshots where he’s shirtless and I have no idea why.

Rings vary according to what he’s found, but he always wears the ring of Hump You Fetching Mages, a gold and diamond ring enchanted with Spell Absorption. In one game it’s just a plain gold and diamond ring and the enchantment comes from an amulet he found. We sometimes have to be flexible. His favorite necklace is a daedroth claw (no enchantment). He only has it in the PC game.

In Skyrim I had to make Jerric’s shields in the CK. He still wears heavy armor, steel plate in the vanilla games and iron on the PC. Tower of the Nine is a Blades shield and Lionheart’s Shield is a Solitude guard’s shield. It’s the Shield of Solitude in his vanilla games. His swords are silver, katana, and Skyforge steel.

The biggest change between provinces is cosmetic. Skyrim lets him have his beard! biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Mar 2 2014, 10:38 AM
Post #23

Master
Group Icon

I don't have a character in Oblivion currently but I'll write about Raven because he was my last OB character.

Raven (Raimond Venderaux) almost never wore any armor, he prefered ordinary clothes because they made him feel agile and unburdened.

Headgear: Raven often wore a common blue mage's hood, he always had it on if it was raining but sometimes he put it on in cities as well, when he preferred not to be seen. This hood was one of the few items that he kept almost from his first day.

Torso and hands: Raven changed only a few shirts during his stay in Cyrodiil, one of his first and favorite ones was a common blue & green shirt, enchanted with poison resistance. Later he switched it for a common shirt with suspenders that he bought at Thoronir's. During his battle with Mannimarco he was wearing a patched vest. Regarding gauntlets - except if going to cold places like Bruma, Raven never wore any gauntlets.

Legs and shoes: His favorite pants were enchanted with Spell Absorption, I don't recall where he had found them, but they accompanied him most of the time. At some point he also wore chainmail greaves and chainmail boots and these were the only armor pieces that he liked and made him feel comfortable.

Jewelry: at the beginning he wore a silver amulet and a matching ring but when progressing through the MG questline, he switched his amulet for the Spelldrinker Amulet. He also switched his ring with an enchanted one but right now I can't remember which one it was.

Habits: Raven had a habit that whenever he visited the Arcane University, he changed to a formal University attire, at first he wore common mage's robes, then Robes of the Apprentice, and as he rose in ranks, he wore White Mage's Robes. When visiting Counts, he didn't wear his common clothes but put on something more appropriate, like a green brocade doublet and fine silk trousers.

The only time when he wore full armor, was when he left Cyrodiil after defeating Mannimarco. Since he was going to Skyrim, he needed to be prepared for cold weather, and equipped a full set of fur armor before departing north.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 2 2014, 02:22 PM
Post #24

Councilor
Group Icon

That's awesome Lopov and welcome back to Chorrol. There's a room for rent at the Oak and Crossier if you desire. smile.gif

Raven's gear is interesting, he's got a lot of emphasis on comfort versus functionality. Interesting. Right now Lady Saga is in the same boat; she'd prefer to run around in her Huntsman's top and tan pants but right now she's more about survival, so she's been wearing several light armor pieces.

Falador? What does Falador wear?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 19 2014, 01:49 AM
Post #25

Councilor
Group Icon

What are Wearing?
IPB Image

Lady Saga has put together a rather attractive outfit for Bruma without really meaning to. A simple brown shirt (long sleeves are important to keep the cold out), leather greaves, and leather boots. All vanilla clothes, but I've never really noticed how this getup compliments her hair & skin tone. She's also found some white bracers for her wrists, which she's ecstatic about. The white bracers might be considered a 'fashion disaster' here on Earth; they don't really 'go along' with the rest of her outfit.. laugh.gif Oh well.

What are you Wielding?

She's recently found a Bow of Shocks, a simple vanilla bow which does a small amount of shock damage.

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Mar 21 2014, 10:18 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 19 2014, 01:56 AM
Post #26

Paladin
Group Icon

Well, I think Lady Saga has good taste. Buffy's blouses probably number over 100, yet that wonderful and simple brown blouse has always been one of her staples. Oh, and shock is certainly one of the better effects to have on a bow - Lady Saga must have good Bosmeri instincts. smile.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 19 2014, 08:08 AM
Post #27

Spam Meister
Group Icon

She looks good indeed, but I so hate pb... dry.gif

Bow of Shocks, eh? I agree Shock is a good thing to have enchanted on a weapon, Lothran has a slightly stronger bow called Shocker, btw... biggrin.gif And now when he´s down in the greenish of greens he´s changed into his Saviour´s Hide and greaves and boot of leather smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Mar 19 2014, 08:25 PM
Post #28

Master
Group Icon

Now that Julian is done with the MQ, she has put away the Kvatch gear. She kept the leather boots as they are now so well broken in it's like second skin for her. But she is in a pair of blacksmith's pants and the green stitched shirt she likes so much. Oh, and she changed her glasses for a pair of half-moon ones. I'm liking those on her much better.

She also discovered a barrel of white wigs in Pell's Gate (thanks, Apachii) and is currently wearing her hair in two braids. Kinda cute, especially combined with the new specs.

She is still carrying the katana. Not much else. Oh, and her Shadow jewelry set that she has painstakingly accumulated and enchanted with Chameleon Sigil Stones. They add up to 90% Chameleon when she is wearing all of them. Kind of like Cyndi Lauper . . .

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Mar 19 2014, 09:01 PM
Post #29

Councilor
Group Icon

Clark was last seen wearing the Rainment of Arden-Sul. He likes the blue and green finery from the SI, as it's appropriate garb for an Earl, and that instance has a few useful enchantments, all on the one item. He carries the Escutcheon of Chorrol, and wears the Necklace of Swords and the Ring of the Iron Fist, so that he doesn't have to respond when someone hostile takes a swing at him. He hasn't quite got 100% resist damage, but it's close. His older outfit did much the same for Reflect Spell. He also has a collection of Sigil-stone-enchanted items to provide 100% chameleon, in case he needs to avoid combat completely. One of those is a pair of wrist irons. He's forgotten where he picked those up.

He wields a glass shortsword that's enchanted with shock damage and Soul Trap, which works nicely with his Azura's Star to keep itself charged, as long as it's not NPC's he's fighting. Not that he gets into many fights, if he can help it. He's usually travelling with at least one companion, and they seem to have more of a taste for combat than he does.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 21 2014, 10:32 PM
Post #30

Councilor
Group Icon

I love this thread. smile.gif I'd love to see more pics, though.

She also discovered a barrel of white wigs in Pell's Gate (thanks, Apachii) and is currently wearing her hair in two braids. Kinda cute, especially combined with the new specs.

I just got this mod, too. viking.gif Lady Saga will never wear a wig, she's like an Earth Day hippy in our terms. She's all about natural things, but Renee Gade III (who I just created the other day) doesn't have a problem with wigs at all!

Acadian: Yes, shock magic is a good thing to have. I can't wait 'til Saga gets to the Arcane University, that's when the real fun with bow enchantments will begin. bluewizardsmile.gif

mirocu:: what's pb?

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Mar 21 2014, 10:32 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 21 2014, 10:37 PM
Post #31

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Mar 21 2014, 10:32 PM) *

I love this thread. smile.gif I'd love to see more pics, though.

As thou wish biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Mar 21 2014, 10:32 PM) *

mirocu:: what's pb?

Photobucket.. tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 21 2014, 10:39 PM
Post #32

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 21 2014, 05:37 PM) *

Photobucket.. tongue.gif

We just had this conversation. What did I wind up wanting to switch to again? Flickr? ... Is Flickr good? I'll have to do a little research. Or is it Imagur? I forget.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 21 2014, 10:41 PM
Post #33

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Oh, don´t let me make you change your preferred picture site, Renee. You just use whatever you want smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 21 2014, 10:41 PM
Post #34

Councilor
Group Icon

A bunch of us were saying we used Imgur, but I'm not sure if we influenced you or not. tongue.gif

edit: Good grief, typo.

This post has been edited by Grits: Mar 21 2014, 10:42 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 21 2014, 10:43 PM
Post #35

Councilor
Group Icon

HOLY COW Imagur is so much better! Wow wow wow no advertisements!

Trying how to figure out how to get a pic loaded up right now.

EDIT: and Imagur also uses the same editing tool options as Photobucket. Neat.

EDIT 2: Saga in Bruma

Saga in Bruma Photobucket?

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Mar 21 2014, 11:04 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 21 2014, 10:48 PM
Post #36

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Mar 21 2014, 10:43 PM) *

Nice smile.gif

But if you right-click on the image and select the URL you get rid of all the extra stuff around the pic smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 21 2014, 10:52 PM
Post #37

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 21 2014, 05:48 PM) *

But if you right-click on the image and select the URL you get rid of all the extra stuff around the pic smile.gif

I'm not seeing an option for URL.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 21 2014, 10:56 PM
Post #38

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Mar 21 2014, 10:52 PM) *

QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 21 2014, 05:48 PM) *

I'm not seeing an option for URL.

Sorry, from the pop-up menu you select Properties first and then you find the URL in the middle of the list of thingies smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 21 2014, 11:08 PM
Post #39

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 21 2014, 05:56 PM) *

Sorry, from the pop-up menu you select Properties first and then you find the URL in the middle of the list of thingies smile.gif

I just did a little experiment up above: tried the process with Imagur and then tried it with PB. It works with Imagur but not PB.

... huh.gif Sorry for going off-topic, Vital. I'm learning as I go.

Today Lady Saga's back in her battle gear; I'll post a pic later once she's in her next dungeon-dive. She found some Sunburst Gauntlets which have a permanent Light effect. blink.gif

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Mar 21 2014, 11:09 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 22 2014, 12:20 AM
Post #40

Paladin
Group Icon

Rider – Yeah, Julian doesn’t seem like the OMG Champion Dragon Armor type of course. Nice to hear she’s found some new hairstyles and going around casual – with her katana of course.

ghastley – The blue / green finery type stuff from the SI certainly does suit Clark. And I agree: shock damage paired with soul trap and Azura’s Star makes for a devastating and simple package.

Renee – It’s so fun to see you fully enjoying the wonder of PC screenshots and mods. I love Saga’s hair color!

mirocu – Great to see Lothie in his leathers and Savior’s Hide! Happily, Buffy has no idea what he had to do to get that vest. wink.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:08 PM