Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Super Bowl Ads Rated By Moi!, Since no one else is going there, I will!
mALX
post Feb 7 2019, 08:04 PM
Post #1

Ancient
Group Icon

NFL 100 = THE BEST!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6JjyRhfjOE

Amazon's Alexa ads (both) = tied for 2nd Best !!! Funiest!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y-1h_C8ad8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCG_0nH5A-0

Bud Light/Game of Thrones = 3rd Best !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fhOItB0zUM

Google ads (both) = Awesome

Serena Williams = Nice!

Pringles = Funny!

Microsoft gaming commercial = good.

Michelob's Robot ad = good.

Budweiser 1 & 2 = just Ok.

Stella Artois = Meh.

Sprint Best of Both Worlds = Meh.

Hyundai Elevator ride = meh.

Simply Safe = Meh.

Bubly = meh.

Doritos = Urgh, really? The Backstreet Boys? And couldn't they get a real rapper? Geez, his voice was whiny!

Devour = yuck.

Andy Warhol Burger King = Urk...sucked.

Intuit Turbo Tax baby robot = just plain sucked.

Pepsi ad = irritating

Mint Mobile = *mALX pukes*

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Feb 8 2019, 06:35 PM
Post #2

Mouth
Group Icon

I couldn't really hear the commercials at the party as I was at, but I imagine they were way better than the actual game. The game was so boring. I don't mind low-scoring games, but both offenses were just so incompetent regardless of how well the defenses played. I only stayed up because of the people I was talking to. Fortunately, I haven't really cared much about pro sports the past couple years with so much else going on in my life, or else I would be extremely annoyed at the Patriots winning AGAIN. But honestly, it was just kind of meh for me.

The baby robot commercial was really creepy, though. And I have seen it multiple times since the Super Bowl. I really don't like it, and would very much prefer it be taken off the airwaves.

The Andy Warhol one I just didn't get. I mean, I guess I sort of get his relevance because of his painting of Campbell's soup cans and all. But even then, I don't really understand what the commercial was about and why it was during the Super Bowl. Guess they just really wanted it to stick in people's minds, I guess.

But I will say I am very intrigued by The Twilight Zone reboot with Jordan Peele at the helm. I love the original show but haven't watched it recently. Unfortunately, it appears to be only coming out on CBS All Access instead of actual TV. Not sure I like that.

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Feb 8 2019, 06:35 PM

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 8 2019, 06:40 PM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

Too bad the better NFC team got shafted out of the Super Bowl by incompetent Refs.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 10 2019, 07:27 PM
Post #4

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Feb 8 2019, 12:35 PM) *

I couldn't really hear the commercials at the party as I was at, but I imagine they were way better than the actual game. The game was so boring. I don't mind low-scoring games, but both offenses were just so incompetent regardless of how well the defenses played. I only stayed up because of the people I was talking to. Fortunately, I haven't really cared much about pro sports the past couple years with so much else going on in my life, or else I would be extremely annoyed at the Patriots winning AGAIN. But honestly, it was just kind of meh for me.

The baby robot commercial was really creepy, though. And I have seen it multiple times since the Super Bowl. I really don't like it, and would very much prefer it be taken off the airwaves.

The Andy Warhol one I just didn't get. I mean, I guess I sort of get his relevance because of his painting of Campbell's soup cans and all. But even then, I don't really understand what the commercial was about and why it was during the Super Bowl. Guess they just really wanted it to stick in people's minds, I guess.

But I will say I am very intrigued by The Twilight Zone reboot with Jordan Peele at the helm. I love the original show but haven't watched it recently. Unfortunately, it appears to be only coming out on CBS All Access instead of actual TV. Not sure I like that.

In total agreement with you on the creepy robot baby and Andy Warhol ad. On that one = I think someone really stuck for ideas thought up the Andy Warhol; that thing was WAAAAAAAAAAAY past played. And that creepy robot baby ad is on constantly now, do they not realize it is turning people off their product?

Oh, and I saw that "CBS All Access" being advertised for the first time that day; what is that all about? Is it a paid subscription service or something?

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 8 2019, 12:40 PM) *

Too bad the better NFC team got shafted out of the Super Bowl by incompetent Refs.

BWAAHAA!!! A friend of mine called them the "Cheat-triots!"

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 10 2019, 07:44 PM
Post #5

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 10 2019, 01:27 PM) *

Oh, and I saw that "CBS All Access" being advertised for the first time that day; what is that all about? Is it a paid subscription service or something?

It is CBS's new online streaming service. The only way you can watch Star Trek Discovery is on it. (Unless you say, do something totally illegal like download it from the Pirate Bay. But of course I would never recommend such an action, especially not if you used a VPN like Nord VPN to mask your real IP to make your actual identity untraceable. Nope, not something I would recommend at all.) I am sure the new Star Trek Picard show will be the same.

Everyone is getting into the Streaming Service game now that Netflix has shown how much money you can make. Disney has one coming out this year. They are pulling all their Marvel and Star Wars content from Netflix and only putting it on there. Of course there is Hulu too, and Amazon has one. I get some things free on it thanks to my Prime membership. But I never think to watch it.

I wonder how much the Cheat-triots paid to avoid playing New Orleans? I bet those Refs are all driving new Jaguars now...

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 10 2019, 08:07 PM
Post #6

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 10 2019, 01:44 PM) *

It is CBS's new online streaming service. The only way you can watch Star Trek Discovery is on it. (Unless you say, do something totally illegal like download it from the Pirate Bay. But of course I would never recommend such an action, especially not if you used a VPN like Nord VPN to mask your real IP to make your actual identity untraceable. Nope, not something I would recommend at all.) I am sure the new Star Trek Picard show will be the same.

Everyone is getting into the Streaming Service game now that Netflix has shown how much money you can make. Disney has one coming out this year. They are pulling all their Marvel and Star Wars content from Netflix and only putting it on there. Of course there is Hulu too, and Amazon has one. I get some things free on it thanks to my Prime membership. But I never think to watch it.

I wonder how much the Cheat-triots paid to avoid playing New Orleans? I bet those Refs are all driving new Jaguars now...

Oh, thanks for the explanation on "CBS All Access!" I was wondering what it was going to be; but until I read Rader's comment = didn't realize it might be a paid thing.

A couple years ago I got an unsettling Email from Comcast saying they were going to cancel all my services with them and possibly press charges because my son had downloaded some Game of Thrones from GitHub or somewhere that was not legal. I had to beg them to keep my services on. My son had to delete the illegal download and promise me he wouldn't do something like that again. I explained to Comcast that my son had friends over that talked him into doing that, that he didn't know what he was doing was illegal. Anyway, it all got cleared up; and I hope my son learned something from it. Truthfully = I didn't know they were illegal either; I got both Gimp and Atom from them for making mods and scripts! I didn't know; and now I wonder if my Gimp and Atom are legal!

Another one was Project Playlist = they had illegal copies of songs; and I had no idea. I made an Awesome Classic Rock playlist and posted it on my page = ended up losing my ability to post my own Playlists due to them, urk. I seriously didn't know they were illegal.

So yeah, you have to be careful what you find online.

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 10 2019, 08:12 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:56 AM