104 Pages V « < 87 88 89 90 91 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Oblivion Screenshot Thread
SubRosa
post Dec 21 2019, 10:47 PM
Post #1761

Ancient
Group Icon

Acadian: I have had fun playing Oblivion again with January. I have forgotten so much of the main quest, that it was practically all new to me again.

Thanks to the Oblivion Crisis, January is very leery of having any dealings with Daedric Princes. Azura and Meridia are the only ones she feels safe interacting with.

mirocu: It has been so long I cannot remember if I used the console to clear the weather on that Azura pic or not. I probably did so that I could see the sky.

Renee: Judo chop is Austin Powers! He used to say that out loud before every time he did a judo chop. I don't use any mods for fighting. Instead I made what amounts to an invisible mace, and called it martial arts. That way it does real damage, and can be enchanted.

Those soldiers are from the quest to close the Bruma Gate, you take the guard captain and some of his henchmen through the gate to teach them how its done.

Come at me bro!

Great sigil stone

The Emp

Selfie

Paradise awaits

Throwdown!

Chomp!

Twilight of the gods

Reign of the Septims

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Dec 22 2019, 11:50 AM
Post #1762

Master
Group Icon

Thanks to January and Martin is Tamriel safe again.

I always thought that Martin looks better in armor than in bland robes.

Great shot of Mehrunes vs Martin.

January likes to take selfies.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 22 2019, 06:39 PM
Post #1763

Paladin
Group Icon

A wonderful set of screenshots portraying the end of the 3rd Era!

I agree with your endorsement of only Azura and Meridia. In ESO, Azura remains the same (not evil) but Meridia actually rises significantly on the 'good Daedra Lord' scale.

This set of screens is particularly interesting to me since I've recently completed the draft and have begun posting Buffy's Book 3 which also gets Tamriel to the end of the 3rd Era. smile.gif

My only question is what's next for January?

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 23 2019, 07:03 PM
Post #1764

Councilor
Group Icon

Cripes she's already DONE the Main Quest????? blink.gif

Well, it has been some weeks, I guess I can see the perspective there, as you (January) is quite motivated. Still, I don't know how you folks do it. I'm always thinking in terms of years when it comes to main quests or guild quests! laugh.gif

It's a Jan selfie. wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 26 2019, 09:48 PM
Post #1765

Ancient
Group Icon

Lopov: Jan really liked teaming up with Martin. The Dragon and the Crow

January is a Millennial, so she is all about the selfies.

Acadian: It has been a long time since I played Oblivion, and even longer since I did the main quest. It was really nice going down memory lane again.

Maybe Buffy will bump into the Champion of Cyrodiil, whom rumor has it hails from a far off country known as Detroit? wink.gif laugh.gif

Renee: I actually finished out the main quest a few weeks ago. I have been really slow to post pics of late. I have a ton of them backed up on my drive.

There are plenty more Jan selfies on the way!

January upgraded to winter camo to explore around Bruma

Taking a break

Relaxing on the pond

Selfie

Selfie II

The Lopov Shot

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Dec 26 2019, 10:45 PM
Post #1766

Master
Group Icon

She deserves some rest in the Nordic spa after saving Cyrodiil.

Her winter armor fits her, it blends well with ice, snow and even with dirt.

As Lopoved as can get!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 27 2019, 12:17 AM
Post #1767

Paladin
Group Icon

Hail the Champion of DayTwa! I'm so glad that you and January are enjoying the MQ. Buffy will keep an eye out for her. smile.gif

Brrr! Winter Wunderland.

Relaxing on the pond. ohmy.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 28 2019, 12:09 AM
Post #1768

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 26 2019, 03:48 PM) *

Lopov: Jan really liked teaming up with Martin. The Dragon and the Crow

January is a Millennial, so she is all about the selfies.

Acadian: It has been a long time since I played Oblivion, and even longer since I did the main quest. It was really nice going down memory lane again.

Maybe Buffy will bump into the Champion of Cyrodiil, whom rumor has it hails from a far off country known as Detroit? wink.gif laugh.gif

Renee: I actually finished out the main quest a few weeks ago. I have been really slow to post pics of late. I have a ton of them backed up on my drive.

There are plenty more Jan selfies on the way!

January upgraded to winter camo to explore around Bruma

Taking a break

Relaxing on the pond

Selfie

Selfie II

The Lopov Shot

HOLY COW are your graphics ever good for Oblivion! Especially the wood and rock up close in that first shot looks amazing!

I am in awe to learn you finally did the main quest; what did you think of it? (What were your impressions throughout?)

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 31 2019, 06:28 PM
Post #1769

Ancient
Group Icon

Lopov: January will probably get to that Nordic spa up in Skryim sooner or later.

Acadian: I normally don't like it when people are calling a character of mine the champion. The accolades make me uncomfortable. But it is perfect for January, as she gets that a lot as a superhero.

Winterlands are much more wonderful when you are looking at them out the window or in pictures, rather than when you are standing in them and freezing your toes off.

mALX: Mot of my updated graphics are from Quarls texture pack 3. It is huge, and a real performance hit. I never could have run it on my computer from 2009. But the good thing about an old game, is now my PC hardware is good enough to run it!

I liked the Oblivion main quest a lot. I think it is probably my favorite Bethesda main quest. The oblivion gates can get tedious. But most of them only open when you come nearby. So what I did this time was travel around the map to all the cities first as part of the Mages Guild recommendation quests. Then I started the main quest after that, and fast traveled from city to city to keep the number of oblivion gates down. In the end I think only had to clear about a dozen gates. Aside from that, I thought it was a lot of fun, and a good story, and playing the game afterward did not feel like a letdown (and unlike Fallout 3 or New Vegas, they did not kill my character or just end the game right afterward).

Jan has a new party outfit

Reaching for the sky

Oh Dam

Dam Lopov

Relaxing

Can you find the superhero?

Hanging in there

Water wonderland

Splendor in the ruins

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Dec 31 2019, 08:00 PM
Post #1770

Master
Group Icon

I found her in all pics, where she's supposed to be found. I was lucky to start searching for her in the "correct" part of the Superhero screenie.

Not sure if some of those high places are safe to relax at, but as long as Jan is feeling secure...

She should undress for the water wonderland. wink.gif

At the end of the day I still have no clue, which ruins Jan is at. laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 31 2019, 09:46 PM
Post #1771

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 31 2019, 12:28 PM) *

Lopov: January will probably get to that Nordic spa up in Skryim sooner or later.

Acadian: I normally don't like it when people are calling a character of mine the champion. The accolades make me uncomfortable. But it is perfect for January, as she gets that a lot as a superhero.

Winterlands are much more wonderful when you are looking at them out the window or in pictures, rather than when you are standing in them and freezing your toes off.

mALX: Mot of my updated graphics are from Quarls texture pack 3. It is huge, and a real performance hit. I never could have run it on my computer from 2009. But the good thing about an old game, is now my PC hardware is good enough to run it!

I liked the Oblivion main quest a lot. I think it is probably my favorite Bethesda main quest. The oblivion gates can get tedious. But most of them only open when you come nearby. So what I did this time was travel around the map to all the cities first as part of the Mages Guild recommendation quests. Then I started the main quest after that, and fast traveled from city to city to keep the number of oblivion gates down. In the end I think only had to clear about a dozen gates. Aside from that, I thought it was a lot of fun, and a good story, and playing the game afterward did not feel like a letdown (and unlike Fallout 3 or New Vegas, they did not kill my character or just end the game right afterward).

Jan has a new party outfit

Reaching for the sky

Oh Dam

Dam Lopov

Relaxing

Can you find the superhero?

Hanging in there

Water wonderland

Splendor in the ruins

100% agree with you on the Oblivion main questline being the best I've played through so far (I actually didn't play all the way through Morrowind's yet). Oblivion's felt like it came about naturally; it didn't feel forced or contrived to me like some of Bethesda's later games did.

And yeah; as much as I love the Fallout games - I really hated how they just ended the whole game when you finished the main questline. (and also how they tried to control your character from being OP by stopping any leveling at level 25 = I was playing on the console back then, and couldn't mod that out or use the tilde key to add in more Perks, etc).

Ooh, that is interesting about today's computers doing Oblivion better! I had to play my Oblivion game on Medium graphics back when I played it; makes me really wonder how good I could get my game looking now!

These shots are amazing! I don't remember ever seeing that dam in the game! Is it vanilla?

My favorite has to be the one showing off her new armor; how nostalgic that one is!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 31 2019, 11:21 PM
Post #1772

Paladin
Group Icon

I agree that the MQ in Oblivion is a pretty good one. It suited Buffy because she is more of a Gabriel than a Xena and, since Martin was The Chosen One, Buffy was able to fill the role she enjoy – being a helper.

Nice Champion Superheroine of Cyrodiil armor!

Reaching for the sky is a wonderful spellcasting shot.

I love Jan’s cross-legged relaxing pose.

I was able to find her perch (I think).

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 6 2020, 01:44 AM
Post #1773

Ancient
Group Icon

Lopov: I put the close ups of her first, so there would be some hints to where she was in the wide angle pictures.

The Ayleid ruins January was frolicking in were added by Unique Landscapes - Brena River Falls. It is my favorite of all the Unique Landscapes mods.

mALX: If you have bought a new computer in the last ten years or so, it will probably run Oblivion pretty good.

Those ruins are a mod, from Unique Landscapes - Brena River Falls. It is a really cool place.

Acadian: I liked Martin being the Chosen One too. I just wish the Faction questlines did not make you the leader of every faction at the end of them.

Army of Darkness

It looks like January is the last queen of the Ayleids

Do I talk first? Or do you talk first?

This would make a lot more sense if January had been around in the 60s to drop acid

Butterflies!

So, just me and the light now

Frogman

Knocking them down

Sky girl

Creature from the Black Lagoon

Golden Girls

Selfie with the head

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 6 2020, 07:37 PM
Post #1774

Paladin
Group Icon

Last of the Ayleids is a wonderful shot – and great pose!

Flutterbyes!

When Buffy learned that the Gray march was bad for that dweeb Sheo, she wanted to help it happen. evillol.gif

Haha, as soon as you said Frogman, I knew what to expect.

Love that Golden Saint armor.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Jan 13 2020, 09:27 PM
Post #1775

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jan 6 2020, 12:37 PM) *

When Buffy learned that the Gray march was bad for that dweeb Sheo, she wanted to help it happen.

Is there away to do that? I wish there was. I've executed Vivec in Morrowind and would do the same to Sheo if I could.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 13 2020, 10:13 PM
Post #1776

Paladin
Group Icon

QUOTE(macole @ Jan 13 2020, 12:27 PM) *

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jan 6 2020, 12:37 PM) *

When Buffy learned that the Gray march was bad for that dweeb Sheo, she wanted to help it happen.

Is there away to do that? I wish there was. I've executed Vivec in Morrowind and would do the same to Sheo if I could.

No, it doesn't seem so. It took a lot of mental gymnastics and roleplaying to work that into Buffy's view of 3rd Era Cyrodiil. tongue.gif

Buffy's hated Sheo ever since he managed to talk her into disrupting that nice little Khajiit village in Border Watch. She's never forgiven herself or Sheo for that. She was on a kick at the time to gather Daedric artifacts but learned the hard way that sometimes the price isn't worth it.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 13 2020, 10:45 PM
Post #1777

Ancient
Group Icon

I suppose you could do the SI main quest up to a certain point with Jigglepuff had the upper hand, and then just stop and leave it there. It has been a really long time since I did it, so I don't know just where that would be.

Kind of like how you can prevent the Oblivion Crisis by simply never delivering the Amulet of Kings to Jeffrey Jauffree.

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Jan 14 2020, 05:03 AM
Post #1778

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jan 13 2020, 03:45 PM) *

I suppose you could do the SI main quest up to a certain point with Jigglepuff had the upper hand, and then just stop and leave it there. It has been a really long time since I did it, so I don't know just where that would be.

Kind of like how you can prevent the Oblivion Crisis by simply never delivering the Amulet of Kings to Jeffrey Jauffree.

But then you miss all the wonderful idyllic scenery.

Sorry, picture didn't work, I don't know how to add the picture

This post has been edited by macole: Jan 14 2020, 05:07 AM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
macole
post Jan 14 2020, 05:21 AM
Post #1779

Mouth
Group Icon

https://imgur.com/zvdw9W2

idyllic

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 14 2020, 02:44 PM
Post #1780

Councilor
Group Icon

Wicked, macole! I can remember my second attempt at the Main Quest. At first I was like "let's get this over with" when it came to closing gates, but I soon became rather addicted to closing them. My Grey Wizard character would look forward to doing so. When the MQ was finally done, I remember I felt a little down about this. biggrin.gif

Rosa; how'd you get Jan to hold that skull in the throne pic??? blink.gif Some of those pics are dark & scary! (just what I like in my game).

Butterflies, and lots of them!

Jan gets SubRosa'd and selfie'd in the final pic.

--------------------
+Quote Post

104 Pages V « < 87 88 89 90 91 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:33 PM