Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Tale of Telina Delvanni. Chapter 3., Furtherr involving with the temple.
Tellie
post Mar 29 2006, 06:55 PM
Post #1

Mouth
Group Icon

Chapter 2. Of mad wizards duty and faith.

The Tale of Telina Delvanni. Chapter 3. In the footsteps of Vehk.

Ok, so the new chapter is up, and this will be a chapter which will have MANY artistic liberties from my part, enjoy it.

I felt rather dodgy when I woke up the next morning, I had fallen asleep with my face in a book, and I was nearly frustrated by the way my hair had been lately, so I decided to follow Serene’s suggestion to visit Milie Hastien in Balmora, so I took up my brown walking stick, and translocated to Balmora.
Milie’s shop wasn’t to difficult to find, and I was overjoyed when I saw the full closets and shelves with exquisite clothing.

-“Hmm…ok, I’ll have one of those, a little of those, two of these and a lot more”…I quickly realised what I was doing…I was a woman…a woman on a shopping spree. Something I had not done in a long time, so I enjoyed my self to the limit of breakdown of happiness…although the fact that my pouch was quite weightless now than it had been when I came in here, took away some of the delight, but no matter. Fixing my hair was a simple matter, I had previously had my hair in a long ponytail, that was gone now, and my hair was shortened so it reached just a little below my shoulders.

I said that one of my employees would return later to pick up my new clothes, and would give her the password sadalab, in order to get the clothes.

Meanwhile, I somehow felt that I had to get down to Caius…I don’t know what in the names of the tribunes made me feel that, but I did it anyway. I knocked on the door, trying to be polite…

-“Shhh…ennntrr, shhheeeee doohor isssh open”, he stubbed forth. Oh great, what drunk again…I was getting tired of dumping him in the river, but a splash and a quick run up to his house again, got him into remarkable health.

-“Wha…wha you did that for, huh”?, he screamed.

-“Because when I wish to talk to you, I’d rather do that when you are sober…understand me”?. I grabbed up the skooma bottles, the skooma pipe and the moon sugar bags, and threw them into the fireplace.

-“NOOO….MY MOON SUGAR…NOOOOOOO”, he threw himself at the floor, sobbing hysterically, at my feet.

-“Oh come on…it’s not that big a loss, you need to quit with that before you get killed…remember I saved you once, but since I don’t live here I cant watch over you all the time ok”.

HE looked up at me, thinking at what I had told him…the tears was still flowing but he seemed to have established a grip on himself.

-“You know what, you’re absolutely right, now I do have some orders for you…would you be willing to do them straight away”?, Without even waiting for the answer, he continued. “I want some notes from a man called Hasbat Antabolis, but you will have to do a little favour for him first…probably a dirty one I think”.

I mumbled something as “sure”, and walked back out…I had heard of this Hasbat, and knew that he was a member of the fighters guild here in town. True enough, I found him at the bottom of the guildhall, and I had only managed to utter the word Caius, before he started to ramble out of a dwemer puzzle box that he wanted, and that also was to be found in the ruin of Arkhngthand, just outside the imperial fort.

OK, so now I had to pass right by a fort that was probably a bit angry on me still….great. I took the difficult way, and wandered over the hill,, right behind Caius’s house, and not so long after I found the big dwemer bridge that led to the ruin, I was just walking normally over the bridge, when a man on the other side, obviously a battle mage, summoned forth a skeleton, as a warning to me.

I walked closer to him, with my hands in the air, intent on speaking to the man…or let’s say tease him a bit. I stood about ten/eleven paces away from him, when I lowered my arms, and smiled before I opened my mouth.

-“So...interesting, you’re a summoner…me to”, then I spoke the syllables of my summon storm atronach, and again the spell caused three instead of one to be summoned…I did not think something was right…but no time for that now. The skeleton looked at the three large daedras standing before him, before he gave away a bony smile ( the only smile he could give ), and turned tail, and ran like the lords of Oblivion was behind him. The atronachs stormed into the man, and started to batter him around, then they parted up, and started to play what looked a lot like some kind of ballgame with him. Finally he managed to get loose, and he ran as fast as he could forward…a long fall, and a meaty thud later made me turn over the railing and look down. The sight made me loose the little lunch I had eaten earlier today…the man had crushed his head, and all manner of entrails and blood was lying around.

The atronachs had disappeared while I was puking my brains out, so I was all alone again. I started the walk towards the entrance of the ruin again, and I was astonished…the door was blocked by a gigantic stone sphere…a little search later and I turned on a crank that would undoubtly take me in…indeed it did, and I quickly entered the ruin before the turning sphere crushed me flat. The inside was dark, and what little light there was, came from the strange dwemer lamps. I had searched the ruin for hours I thought, before I noticed a single door that I hadn’t searched…sake for the door that would lead down into the lower levels of the ruin…those who would be blocked off, until we managed to assemble the puzzle box

The door led into a room called hollow hands, and in the room, there was of course another bandit…but the Monarch was convinced that his head looked better lying on the ground. Finding the puzzle box wasn’t that difficoult, deciding what to do was something else…so I decided to do something a little mean, but hey one must have a little fun in life.

I translocated myself back to Baladas, who was more than happy to make a copy out of it, but he changed about half of the images on the copy, so poor Hasbat wouldn’t get entrance to the lower parts I’m afraid…but we would. I was particularly happy when I gave Caius the notes, so he gave me a little something…that turned out to be a ring with a nice paralyzing spell on it, so I thanked him, and told him I would drop by soon..yeah like that’ll ever happen, and then I transported myself to the Ald Rhuun temple.

This post has been edited by Telendil Delvanni: Mar 31 2006, 02:05 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Mar 29 2006, 07:23 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

Ha ha, I liked that. You started the main quest a bit late, but being overwhelmingly mighty can be fun sometimes. Skeleton against three Atronachs, what a match. laugh.gif

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
minque
post Mar 29 2006, 08:09 PM
Post #3

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Hehe.....really very amusing! I do like your writing style..I´ll quote some really funny parts, that I found very amusing:

-“Hmm…ok, I’ll have one of those, a little of those, two of these and a lot more”…I quickly realised what I was doing…I was a woman…a woman on a shopping spree. Something I had not done in a long time, so I enjoyed my self to the limit of breakdown of happiness…

Oh do I recognise that?...A shopping-spree.....the delight of life! evillol.sml.gif

The skeleton looked at the three large daedras standing before him, before he gave away a bony smile ( the only smile he could give ),

Just so funny!!!

I translocated myself back to Baladas, who was more than happy to make a copy out of it, but he changed about half of the images on the copy, so poor Hasbat wouldn’t get entrance to the lower parts I’m afraid…but we would.

Now wasn´t that an evil thing to do to Hasphat?????Hehehe evillol.sml.gif

I don´t have to ask you to keep this up..because you will......I know that! wink.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Kiln
post Mar 30 2006, 02:46 PM
Post #4

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Great update, as usual Tellie. Sorry that I hadn't commented on this before, as I sometimes forget which stories I've commented on recently. The beginning of this chapter had a bit of humor mixed with a more serious tone during some parts which made it somewhat unpredictable, which is a good thing, anyways keep it up and update soon.

This post has been edited by Kiln: Mar 30 2006, 02:51 PM

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Taillus
post Mar 30 2006, 03:57 PM
Post #5

Knower
Group Icon

Poor Caius. But a refreshing dunk in the water is just what the doctor ordered.
Loved the update! Perfect update as always.

--------------------
“Worry not, young Breton. This will be over very quickly but I wish I could say that it would be painless. You will suffer greatly before you join the countless other souls that fuel my power.” - Taillus
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Mar 30 2006, 08:55 PM
Post #6

Mouth
Group Icon

When I walked in, I realised that Tuls had been expecting me, as he had already started to ramble about how important it was that heretics had to be stopped.

-“Well, you see this initiate, there is this mer in Suran, goes by the name Elvil Vidron, he claims to be the holy lord Nerevar, we cant allow the people to claim such things, so I want you to persuade him otherwise”.

I bowed, and made my way out, since the peeps in the mage guild was rather pissed at me for the moment, I decided to take a comfortable strider trip instead. Comfortable yeah, I spent most of the time having a rather uncomfortable conversation with the bucket, and it was with great relief that I shambled out of the large flea.

Finding Vidron was not hard, it was just to follow the loud voice ringing through the town. In the square there was a large crowd gathered around a mer standing on a big rock, speaking to the people.

-“The hour of the incarnate draws near, the blight spreads from Red Mountain, but fear not, I Nerevarine, the incarnate shall save you from Red Mountain”.

I walked through the large crowd, standing directly in front of Vidron. A quick slash with my staff, and he was lying on the ground.

-“Why did you do that, I am the incarnate you shall be disgraced for this”.

-“You are not the incarnate, now surrender peacefully to me, and I’ll let you live, and remain unharmed”.

He acted as though he was considering my suggestion, the answer I got was in the form of a fist to my jaw. The punch itself was weak, he was hitting like a five year old girl…it was the way he meant with it that got me…angry.
I whipped out with my wooden staff again, I beat him several times in the head with it, and after a particularly vicious hit to the head, he fell down battered and bruised.

I was about to lift him up, when a dagger came up from nowhere it seemed, but I managed to take up my two dwemer short swords, a slash later, and his left hand was at the ground with the dagger in it. He screamed, as I hit him in the head with the butt end of the handle. A couple of guards managed to take him up to the temple, where he would I hoped he would admit that he was wrong…fast. The faces of the people around actually got me on the verge of tears, they stood around crying, calling me things, but the worst was the disappointed looks in the eyes of the children gathered around the square. I realized why they were disappointed, they had believed that their savior had come, that the bad times of the blight was gone, instead their champion was revealed as a fake by a woman who beat the hell out of him with a wooden stick.

I understood why the temple was so worried when a new so called incarnate came back, the people was always willing to believe in the person, and when the person failed, the people fell into even deeper depression, I claimed that I should make sure the people was not disappointed by persons like that, such claimers had to be put into the right path before they did something serious.

Tuls was most happy to see me back, and as a reward he gave me three restore health potions, and a rather shaggy copy of the book The Four Suitors of Benitah, although it looked like someone had allowed a nix-hound to play with it, it was a rather fetching book that thought me much about restoration , and it was quite valuable.

-“Now Initiate, I have another assignment for you, in the old times, Mehrunes Dagon attack, and lord Vehk taunted the daedra prince so that Dagon threw the big rock he was holding at lord Vehk, instead of the people”.

-“I want you to go to Maar Gan, and do the pilgrimage there.”

Ok, another pilgrimage, whats not the like. The trip to Maar Gan was uneventful, if you don’t count a couple of cliffracers who mistook me for a prey. Maar Gan, was a little town, also consisting of shell buildings, and the shrine wasn’t to hard to find. I nearly jumped straight into the door when I entered, right before my nose there stood a dremora watching me with cold hateful eyes.
So, lets see, lord Vehk taunted Dagon, there was a dremora in here, possibly to represent lord Dagon, then I was supposed to taunt it…fine by me.

-“Hey you, dremora, how long time do you spend at the mirror each morning, I really want to know as you’re the perfect example of feminism”.
Hmm, an interesting result, the “skin” of his was turning quite red, and some of the intricate patterns was…gone.
“And your mother, isn’t she known in Balmora as two drake’a Linnie”, there he cracked, he took up a nicely looking spear, although I do admit that getting the spear into my left shoulder was not so nice.

The dremora was easy to dispatch though, so a little slash with one of my swords ended his career as king of the rock shrine. Well, a little woid walk spell later, and I found myself in Ald Rhuun again, and was also promoted to Acolyte, as well as being gifted with another shaggy book ,The Death Blow of Abernanit, and a new wooden staff, this one made out of a dark brown wood, with s silver star encrusted with rubies on top of the handle. Unfortunately Tuls had no more assignments for someone at my rank, so he suggested me to go to Tharer Rothelot at Molag Mar instead.

I translocated back to Tel Delvanni, to get some rest, a little training and perhaps talk to Llunela Hleran about further additions to my stronghold.

This post has been edited by Telendil Delvanni: Mar 30 2006, 08:56 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Mar 30 2006, 09:04 PM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

Ah, poor people. It must be bad to hear that your Nerevarine is a fake. But it must be even harder to hear that you are the Nerevarine. I don't want to be a hero! mad.gif

Ahem, I liked your update. It showed some new skills that don't include a massive amount of magicka. Not to mention that I liked the taunting bit. Is it just me, or is Vivec always being portrayed as a big jerk in his books? I mean, he killed a Kagouti and an Alit (or something) just cause those two thought that the other was ugly. And then the book says that ugliness also excists in the mind and that the glorious Vivec showed that. He killed for no good reason, he is ugly!

Eh, I've gone a bit of-topic here, sorry. But I just like your story. So, good work. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Mar 30 2006, 10:01 PM
Post #8

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Nice update Tellie, I liked your variations of the temple quests, though the way the false incarnate was treated was rather ruthless and violent it was still good. The description of the book that the character was given was funny and made me smile and I can also see that you spared our minds from the words of the dremora at the shrine, a wise choice. Fine update Tellie, please continue.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Apr 1 2006, 08:33 AM
Post #9

Knower
Group Icon

I have gotten to reading your story and I must say, it's rather good. As you, I started the Main Quest pretty late in the game and killed everything with ease. Heck I was level 25 when I was searching for the Puzzle-Box. I also liked the recent temple quests. I was rather anxious to hear the Dremora say:
"After I kill you I'll rape your corpse. Don't worry I'll be gentle."
Keep up the great work anyway!

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
minque
post Apr 1 2006, 04:43 PM
Post #10

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Telina!!! you really have more hardness in you than I thought you had! Poor Vidron....he can´t help he´s a lunatic....hmmm cutting his hand was.......evil... evillol.sml.gif

naughty Telina!..... tongue.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Tellie
post Apr 1 2006, 08:34 PM
Post #11

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kiln @ Mar 30 2006, 11:01 PM)
Nice update Tellie, I liked your variations of the temple quests, though the way the false incarnate was treated was rather ruthless and violent it was still good.  The description of the book that the character was given was funny and made me smile and I can also see that you spared our minds from the words of the dremora at the shrine, a wise choice.  Fine update Tellie, please continue.

Hehe...I thought some would find that funny.smile.gif

QUOTE(minque @ Apr 1 2006, 05:43 PM)
Telina!!! you really have more hardness in you than I thought you had! Poor Vidron....he can´t help he´s a lunatic....hmmm cutting his hand was.......evil... evillol.sml.gif

naughty Telina!..... tongue.gif

Naughty...no by all means, she was on her way to help him up after beating him with her staff a little bit....when he attacked her with a dagger...she just defended her a little bit...sad.gif

When I woke up early morning, Raina, was more than happy to tell me what to do next…you see Llunela had dropped of a letter yestere, and it clearly told that she needed some dwemer blueprints that was supposed to be in the dwemer ruin Mzanchend, that was literally at my front door…I could see the towers from outside my house.

So, she wanted me to go blueprint hunting…no problem, it took me only a little moment to gather Manilius, and gear up. How Manilius could do the things he does, I have no idea…how he could effectively wield twin dwarwen claymores was beyond my understanding…I thought those weapons was heavy enough to wield with two hands…but well, he was something special alright. We walked slowly up towards the ruin, the outside was abandoned, and the inside….well let’s just say I hate dwemer ruins…they always have at least two different directions to choose from….

-“Ok, ser Delvanni, I take the left path, you take the right one…that ok with you”?

-“Sure, but Manilian, don’t hack the animalcules to pieces, just make sure they wont bother you more, and remember to get those blueprints”.

We split, and walked each our way, naturally my famous luck came to an end after half a minute or so. In front of me there was two type II animalcules, armed with their long shields, and nasty blades. I took up my two dwemer blades, spinning them rapidly, each had it’s own circuit, and I slowly advanced on the metal machines. They came forward together, and it was by the biggest of luck that I managed to roll under the guard of the one to the left…a rapid series of slashes later, and oil was pouring out from him.

Unfortunately, I forgot the second one, so I ran towards the stairs, and was halfway up when I heard the sound of the second one, trying to get up the stairs. I in all my stupidity sent off a fireball, that ignited the oil, and soon the oil of the other animalcule caught fire…and I got several large metal pieces in my arm, as the animalcule closest to me blew up. The process of removing the metal shards was incredibly agonizing, and I felt quite weak when I had drunk up one of the healing potions that Tuls had given me.

Some minutes later I met Manilius back at the entrance, he was holding a wrapped scroll of the strange material the dwemer wrote on, and he was cowered with oil from top to toe…but not a single wound was at his body.

Raina was glad to see me back safe and sound, and instantly sent the letter to Llunela, with the blueprints in it. The dinner was a fine one, somehow Ciralinde had managed to get her hands on some fine deer meat coming from the mainland, and it was very satisfying, to eat something as elaborate as deer meat on this cursed island.

I spent the rest of the day reading the last book I had been given, it was about simply…blocking, it had handy sketches, and lots of description about each technique. The book was from what Davina said, merely a little drop in the sea of what there was to learn about blocking, and she would be happy to teach me some in the morrow, so I bade her goodnight, so that I would be in good shape in the morning.

I however was not…getting woke up at five in the morning, makes you kinda out of shape…and I nearly fell asleep when Davina was explaining me about blocking, I paid very much for not paying attention to her, when we got over to the practical part…I was supposed to defend myself with a large shield. Needless to say I was battered and bruised after five hours with that. The next five hours I was supposed to attack, so that I would learn from her technique, and learn to observe pattern and such within blocking, I was proud the last time I had attacked her…I had managed to pound away on her for twenty seconds before getting hitting the dust…she always learned my pattern, so she just used the shield as a massive blunt weapon.

I’m not saying I did not learn anything that day…oh no, I learned that it did not take much to give me a solid beating. Second, I knew if I was fighting against someone with a shield, I’d better bring an army with me, and last, I learned how to make more nasty insults and new curses….I just didn’t get the hang on blocking.

It was with a big sigh that I travelled to Ald Rhuun, to purchase another woid walk spell, and naturally there had been some “change “ in price, due to…”recent” events…yeah, I had to make the mage guild pay someday. I was now five-thousand septims poorer, when I spoke the cantrip that would take me to Molag Mar, and I must have been in a rather dodgy mood, since the people walking by, doing their daily chores spread at least ten feet away from me.
The temple was as every other temple, filled with many altars where you would give donations, and such. Tharer was in his office, sitting behind a massive oak desk, with a weary look upon his face.

-“Ah, Delvanni, please sit”, he conjured out an elaborate yet uncomfortable chair of some dark wood.

I sat down, looking on him, a little surprised.

-“These are perilous times, the empire seeks to suppress our holy land, more and more law’s are inducted, soon I guess they will try to ban the faith in the holy tribunal, and fully induct the belief of the nine divenes, bloody heretics they are, all of them”.

-“Even more, the blight spreads more and more, Vvardenfell have even been put under a quarantine, that restricts us from visiting our friends and family outside Vvardenfell”. “It so happens that we have found a poor soul, a redguard named Lette, in Tel Mora, is suffering of swamp fever”. “ We may not like the outlander races, but we do have respect for life itself…go to her, and cure her in the name of the tribunes”.

Travelling to Tel Mora was not difficult, a little boat trip got me there in no time, finding Lette was another problem, one that was answered by a rather worried citizen.

-“Ah, the diseased one, she have been banned from the city for the moment, she usually hangs around the islands up there, feeling sad for herself”, he pointed in a direction that seemed to head north.

I looked on him with disgust, only because someone was sick, they did not have to ban her…but well, the Dunmer aren’t so good being polite at some occasions. When I found her, I saw she had been suffering for a long time, her face that should had been brown, was nearly becoming as pale as an imperial’s face, and her face was glistening with sweat.

I performed the spell Baladas had taught me, and watched as the swirling spirals of raw magic energy, float through her, she became taller in a way, happy, her skin returned to the usual dark tone of her race, and her eyes was beaming towards me.

-“Thank you friend, why did you do this to me, everyone else have shunned and pushed me away”?, she got a sad look in her face again, at the thought of all the people that had ignored her…feared her.

-“Ah, it was nothing, honestly, the temple believes that everyone have a place here in the world, they think everyone have the right to healing, and respect, and so do I…but now let me escort you back to your house”.

-“Oh”, her eyes filled with tears again, and she nearly blushed. “I-I don’t have a house, they burned it to the ground, because I was sick, and because I was an outlander”, then she threw herself around me, sobbing painfully against my shoulder.

I felt sad for her, hmm, no place to go…hey I had enough room, I did. So I wrote a letter to Raina, and pushed it into the hands of Lette, along with my stronghold ring. “Here, this is a ring that will take you to my humble house, give this letter and the ring to the Dunmer woman Raina, she will know what to do, and she wont be hard to find either”.

I watched as she disappeared, and I myself got back to the temple in Molag Mar, reporting of my curing of Lette, and being rewarded with the book, 2920, Rain’s Hand.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Apr 1 2006, 08:42 PM
Post #12

Knower
Group Icon

Interesting update. You spelt the Dwemer Centurion name wrong though, it's Animunculi. It was an overall great update and I also liked the training session. I also like it how Telina is becoming a follower of the Tribunal, doing good deeds in general. Great work!

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Apr 1 2006, 09:31 PM
Post #13

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Agent Griff @ Apr 1 2006, 09:42 PM)
Interesting update. You spelt the Dwemer Centurion name wrong though, it's Animunculi. It was an overall great update and I also liked the training session. I also like it how Telina is becoming a follower of the Tribunal, doing good deeds in general. Great work!

Oh...i know in general it is called animunculi...but one can also say animalcule...you say animalcule when you're talking about one or more of them....animunculi, is the word for all dwemer constructs in general.....hehe...tongue.gif so teoretically I was not wrong...but hey, we all make mistakes laugh.gif

But, I'm happy you are reading it now....so, there youlearned something new today...tongue.gif

Let's give cake.gif a Tellie to you....so please you to update soon, I'll try to have mine finished uptill tuesday

--------------------
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Apr 2 2006, 12:54 AM
Post #14

Mouth
Group Icon

Ok, so I have been a little to happy today, so I wanted to write more....here it comes.

The book was a fine example of restoration magic at is best, and I really did like it, but still I wasn’t the biggest expert in restoration, but I knew just the right person, who would be really happy for this book.

-“Now Delvanni, we have but another task for you…up at Mt.Khand, there is a large cave, in the cave there are three atronachs, you have to best each and everyone of them by the sharpness of your tounge, and your clever vit”.

-“To get to the mountain, head out north, just follow the road going up there, the cave is also immensely dark, so take these four Night-Eye potions here, but use them cleverly”.

Finding the way was easier said than done, and when you come to a fork in the road, with five different ways heading north, and with my sense of direction, you’d have a bigger chance to defeat a daedra prince rather than to find the right way…but somehow I managed to choose the right one, and after a long climb, I stood before a cave, the name must have been incomplete, as the only letter I saw was the letter A….well, since Mt.Khand had an A in it, I decided to hope for the best.

I must have been severely mistaken, as right inside there was a rather angry looking Dunmer with a couple of daedra cronies.

-“Hi, food delivery to cave inhabitant at Mt.Khand”. I just hoped it was so stupid that she would think of me as a ravening lunatic who had lost her sanity, and let me go. The fireball spell she threw at me, convinced me otherwise. “SORRY, I GUESS I WAS WRONG”, I shouted as I ran as fast my legs would carry me out of the cave. Ironically, the cave I was looking for was about ten paces further up the mountain, and on the other side of the road, it even had a little sign where it stood with BIG gold letters, Mt.Khand. Oh crap just my luck, I always end up doing a mistake of some sort.

The cave was darker than the darkest of places within the woid itself, and it had a horrible mystique to it. I gulped the the night eye potion, and started to walk down the slightly more illuminated cave. I had been walking for about half a minute then everything turned black again, so I fetched out another potion, and downed that one as well, and then reading the name of it….Cheap potion of Night-Eye….Gah, I always get these things. “OH BUGGER, I HATE THIS CHEAP STUFF”, I yelled, and threw the flask into the wall where it quickly broke, and right after that the effects of the potion went out. I was nearly getting frustrated, before I remembered a spell Baladas had tought me, it was a firespell, no damage, but it was handy when it came to this situation.

-“Obscurum ignatio”, I whispered, and a ball of flame took shape a few inches above my hand, and I now had a perfect light source. I had been walking for about five minutes, before I met my first challenge, a flame atronach, whose icy cold voice sent ripples of fear deep into my very spine.

“Hear me mortal, to pass me, thou must answer my riddle correctly, if thou answer wring I shall attack thee, if thy answer correctly, thou will be allowed to pass”.

“A metal neither black nor red

As heavy as man's golden greed

What you do to stay ahead

With friend or arrow or steed.”

Ok, so I was supposed to understand that. Let’s give it a try. A metal neither black nor red, hmm could be silver or steel, possibly iron. As heavy as a man’s golden greed, well, steel or silver aren’t very heavy…but wait, lead is a metal neither black nor red, and it’s heavy, but I needed to be sure. What you stay ahead, that would be lead, pronounced in another way, so there I’m getting increasingly sure. With friend of arrow or steed, well I couldn’t get anything out of that, but still there was nothing to do rather than to go by my gut feeling, that was actually saying “food”, instead of telling me what was right or wrong…doh.

-“LEAD”, I told him, then he simply smiled and stepped aside, letting me move further.

I wandered further into the cave, and I started to feel the temperature was getting lower, and there stood the second challenge, a frost atronach, he gave me the same warning, as the first one had given, and then he gave me the riddle.

“If you lie to me I will slay you with my sword. If you tell me the truth, I will slay you with a spell”.

Ok, so the first one had been simple, if you just thought about the words being used a little…this was entirely different though. So, if I lied to it, it would kill me with a sword, and if I told it the truth, it would blast me with a spell. Wait, something was wrong here, atronachs could not use swords, it was lying to me.

-“Ok, so the answer to you riddle is sword”, I crossed my fingers, waiting for the inevitable big mistake.

The look of disappointment nearly made me collapse, but as a matter of fact I proved myself smarter than I am. “That is correct, you may go to the last of my brothers”.

I was nearly feeling enthusiastic, when the BIG storm atronach addressed me.

My fellow Atronach, Zedias-soko, was slain. The Altmer claims the Dunmer is guilty. The Dunmer says the Khajiit did it. The Orc swears he didn't kill Zedias-soko. The Khajiit says the Dunmer is lying. If only one of these speaks the truth, who killed Zedias-soko?

Oh great, more wretched riddles, I really had to find something to get my frustration out on. Ok, the Altmer means the Dunmer is guilty, the Dunmer says the Kahjiit did it, and the Orc says he didn’t do it, while the Kahjiit sayd the Dunmer is lying. Hmm let me brake that up a little bit, now each of them is blaming some of them…sake for the Orc, he said he didn’t do it, he says so because he is feeling guilty, all the others blame someone else, while the Orc is different, that’s it.

-“The Orc”, I said hopefully.

-“To right you are mortal, you may go and activate the shrine”.

Ah, I was so relieved when I stood in the warm temple at Molag Mar again, telling Tharer of my journey there, and what the answers to the riddles were. The shrine was rather effective, and I now felt fitter and everything just seemed easier to understand.

-“So, Delvanni, you have proven yourself to be a valuable member to the tribunes and the people, is there anything I can give you, sake for this new robe, your old one isn’t made from the finest of silks with golden thread”.

-“Well”, I said, pondering a bit. “I believe an advancement would be a nice present”. And sure enough, I was promoted to Adept in the temple, he even allowed me to use his bed, as he had a lot of paperwork anyways.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Apr 2 2006, 07:52 AM
Post #15

Knower
Group Icon

Great update, I'm really starting to love this story. I also like how you took riddles from past games and incorporated them into your story. I must say Telina is becoming a fine priest of the Tribunal and a good thinker. I could not find the answers to those riddles at first. I have also updated my story with some plain stuff in the life of a knight.

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Apr 2 2006, 06:23 PM
Post #16

Master
Group Icon

That was great. Interesting riddles. And the part where Telina entered the wrong cave was funny.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Apr 5 2006, 04:32 PM
Post #17

Mouth
Group Icon

Ok, this is the part where the artistic liberties really kick in, and I sure hope you like it...I basically have to make quests for an entire faction...but I think I'll manage.

I woke up quite early, so I broke my fast, to head on to Vivec, until Tharer had some more work for me that was. Vivec was truly an amazing city, had it not been for the Ordinators…I wanted them to treat me nicely…hey wait nicely, that’s a brilliant idea, why don’t I go join them straight away. I remembered hearing Berel Sala was the commander of the Ordinators, so I guess starting with him was a good idea. Finding him was not difficult either, he was at the hall of justice, in the biggest office, behind the biggest most decorated desk…figures dont it....

-“I’m sorry outlander, but what the hell, are you doing in my office”?, he said in probably the rudest voice he could manage, but I restrained myself from giving him an angry retort.

-“I wish to join the Ordinators my lord, as you can see I have already a middle rank in the temple, I just wish to do more service in the name of the tribunes”. I crossed my fingers, before hearing him say something that sounded a lot like “humph”, and finally. “Well, we could use more Ordinators, at the moment one is M.O.A. that’s missing on assignement to be correct, and we also have some Ordinators who have been killed lately, to be allowed onto our training program you must first prove yourself”.

-“You see, couple’o days ago, seven people was killed, five outlanders, and two Ordinators”. “I suggest you start asking around in the foreign quarter, where the last two murders happened”.

I gave a quick nod, and walked back out down to one of the gondolas, to get a little trip to the foreign quarter. The thing that worried me was not that the person had killed seven people, it was the fact that two of the victims had been an Ordinator patrol, the murderer had killed both of them even before they had managed to draw their weapons. I gave the gondolier a sarcastic “thank you”, before I walked out of her gondola. Since I had already had dealings with Jobasha, that seemed like a good place to start asking. His bookshop was as crowded as ever, in other words only him and the Ordinator standing guard inside the shop was there.

-“Ahh, Miss Delvanni, what can Khajiit do for you today”?, he purred a little bit, after seeing someone he regarded as “friend”, but a Khajiit contact is always good to have, as I got to know.

-“Ah, seek foul killer do you”. “Killer Dark Elf woman with nasty dagger, and netch leather, hanging in underworks of this canton she does, yes yes…but friend don’t go to her, evil woman yes, kill people she do”. I ensured him that I would do no such thing, and I walked back out from his shop.

I just hated the underworks, almost as much as I hated the sewers in this city. The underworks was filled up with thieves, drunks, and my hate object, skooma addicts, but still it would be easy to spot a Dunmer woman in netch leather, most of the people down here had not even pants. Easy…well lets just say that was a HUGE error on my part, but the famous Delvanni luck came to me at last, all alone she was standing in a corner, she had apparently killed someone again, as her hands was running with newly shed blood.

-“Ahh look what we have here, another victim, and a Dunmer even, my my, I’m gonna enjoy this”, she smiled at her insult, she clearly took me for a fool, I was by no means going close to her.

-“Oh really, as a matter of fact I have been looking for you”. “You are now officially under arrest by the order of the watch, I advice you to come with me peacefully and you will not be harmed”, I knew she would not listen but it was always worth a try.

-“Not harmed, as soon the Ordinators get their hands on me they’ll rip me to shreds”, she fetched up a rather ruddy looking knife, but I was not fooled by it, it was singing with enchantment. “Now you die!!!AAAHGRH”.

The frost spell caught her straight in the chest, and she as slammed back towards the wall, where she banged her head, and was knocked out cold. I managed to get some rope, so I tied her up, and put her in a sack, before I cast almsivi intervention, and stood outside the temple again. Berel Sala, was pleased with me when I told I had the murderer, and had even captured her alive, so he went out into another room for a moment, before returning with a bulgy sack.

-“Ok, Delvanni, first I am now putting you on the training program, you will stay at the Ordinator barracks, until further notice”. “Since you did this so well, I think you deserve a little something extra, so you can either choose to have this belt here, or you may get the first piece of your Indoril armour, in that case the cuirass, and a helmet…but you’re not allowed to wear the helmet before you are a fully educated Ordinator, what do you choose”?

Well, I had noticed that my Dark Brotherhood armour was getting massively battered up, I just wished I could have a black hand set again…for those of you who have not spent time in the brotherhood as I have, the black hand set, is a robe, some boots, gloves and a hood. It’s not armour, but it’s dark as the night, and have many fine enchantments…ahh, I can still remember the lesser members of the brotherhood look upon me with awe, when I was wearing that robe, but those times had passed.

I reported in at the Ordinator Barracks, and was shown to a acceptable bed in the female rooms, there I put off my old brotherhood set, and lifted the heavy cuirass upon me. The weight was massive, and I buckled from where I stood, before managing to get back into control, I sighed, tomorrow would be a hard day.

I'm sorry for not updating sooner...I should have done that.

This post has been edited by Telendil Delvanni: Apr 5 2006, 04:33 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Apr 5 2006, 05:33 PM
Post #18

Knower
Group Icon

Oh great! Ordinators! I always wanted to join them, I considered them cool even though I ussualy killed them on sight when I heard the words scum. I mean, who dares call the Knight of the Imperial Dragon scum? A dead man for sure! It won't be that hard to do quests for this faction. I mean my fan fiction is completely fiction! Everything written there is invented by me, except the names and places bit. It won't be that hard, I know you can manage.

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Apr 5 2006, 05:49 PM
Post #19

Master
Group Icon

Brilliant! And Telina is a Dunmer, so she can join with little problems.
It will be interesting to see how she goes with the Ordinators.

Also a nice way to get Ordinator armour. Poor old Lup had to kill the High Inquisitor for his.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ola Martin
post Apr 5 2006, 06:52 PM
Post #20

Finder
Group Icon

Your story is great tellie biggrin.gif It would be cool with a mod for morrowind that let you join the ordinators. I liked the quest. Someone should make a mod out of your story with the ordinators.

--------------------
waiting4skyrim now, banner still not updated^^
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:04 PM