Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Free online mmorpg
hunter14
post Aug 5 2006, 06:17 AM
Post #1

Evoker

I want to know if any one knows of any good free mmorpg. I played runescape but i got board of it. it would be alot of help to me if u could list some smile.gif

--------------------
i own your monkeys hahahahahaha

attack my monkeys!!!

want a banana, well u cant have one

only my monkeys can

u bananaless person
------------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Aug 5 2006, 09:29 PM
Post #2

Mouth
Group Icon

Well, I think you already know that Guild Wars is free. Let's see, if you like pure PVP Shadowbane is now free. I think Anarchy Online will still let you set up a one year free account. That's a pretty engrossing game. If I think of any others I add them later.

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

+Quote Post
Ramirez
post Aug 6 2006, 02:24 AM
Post #3

Evoker

Conquer Online
Thang (although it felt a lot like Diablo 2 to me so I just played that instead)
Planeshift (still being developed and I've no idea what the current version is like, but since its a game in development don't expect too much. Half the character skins weren't even done when I last played it.
Rubies of Eventide (no idea what it is like since my old uni internet connection threw a hissy fit when I tried to connect to the game and I have'nt tried it since)

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
ThePerson98
post Aug 7 2006, 02:02 AM
Post #4

Finder
Group Icon

I love MMO's. My favorite is runescape classic review

Good game. Free too.

You can buy stuff if you choose to.

This post has been edited by ThePerson98: Jul 17 2019, 10:37 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post Aug 7 2006, 05:56 AM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

Anyone know of a good MMORPG, one where you don't end up just hacking and slashing for hours on end waiting for your next level up or enough money to get the next cool items?

--------------------
A man once asked the Buddha, "How does one escape the heat of the summer sun?"

And the Buddha replied, "Why not try crawling into the blazing furnace?"
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Aug 8 2006, 08:22 PM
Post #6

Mouth
Group Icon

Doomed there's a new one coming out called Titans Quest, if you liked the above angle view of Diablo - you might really like this game. It's storyline was written by Randall Wallace, son of William Wallace and he is also the guy who penned the story of Braveheart. They say his excellent plotlines won't be as evident as they would be in a single player like Oblivion but that is only because of the neccessary openness of MMORPGs.

Titan Quest is supposed to have good loot and weaponry, a very good character development process and is based first in ancient Greece (complete with the mythical monsters) and then go to Egypt and then Asia. Pretty new lands for an MMORPG.

You should see a picture of the Gorgons - sexy female snake women. Very well done. It looks really good.

Cain almost bought it but put it back because he doesn't like the above view angle like Diablo where you can't look around. (Oh did I mention this is a Blizzard game? ... but light years beyond Dialbo graphics) So anyways, Cain put it back and said the money could go towards getting me a new video card instead so I can play Oblivion properly ... isn't he sweet??? biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
1234king
post Aug 9 2006, 10:47 PM
Post #7

Knower
Group Icon

guild wars isnt free

"edit" another good free mmorpg is knight online.

This post has been edited by 1234king: Aug 9 2006, 10:47 PM

--------------------
Sigs are stupid!
+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post Aug 9 2006, 10:57 PM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

See what you guys are mentioning is stuff I've tried or stuff that's like the stuff I tried, Kinght Online is okay if you like spending 3 hours pressing like 3 or 4 buttons until you have enough money to get your next thing or you level, it just gets old so fast. Titans quest sound like it might be an exceotion to this, but if you haven't played it you can't say for sure right?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ibis
post Aug 10 2006, 11:05 PM
Post #9

Mouth
Group Icon

What do you mean that Guild Wars isn't free? You have to buy it in a store to begin with. Or online maybe. But after that it has no monthly playing fee of any kind that I know of and it actually started the new trend by the other games ... including the Baronney of Shadowbane ... to offer their games online for no monthly fee in various ways.

No Doom, we don't have Titans Quest. Came very close. He might still get it later if the mood so strikes and the price has gone down. But looking at the screenshots in PC gamer in the 'reading room' I must say the graphics look spectacular and the mobs are to die for. I'd like to see it in action. But they all show the overhead view and firstperson/thirdperson games really spoil you when you can't look around in others.

--------------------

+Quote Post
1234king
post Aug 10 2006, 11:07 PM
Post #10

Knower
Group Icon

ya so if you have to buy it once it isnt free now is it???????? ohmy.gif

--------------------
Sigs are stupid!
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Aug 11 2006, 06:56 AM
Post #11

Mouth
Group Icon

Air is free, unless you really need it at a hospital and then it's bottled and killer expensive.

You tell me of one DECENT Interesting MMORPG that is totally FREE. Why would anyone even bother to make one if their not going to profit in any way? The closest to free that we found were:

Red Moon - a Korean MMORPG that you downloaded for free but did cost $9.95 a month to play. It was pretty much fun, had a Dialbo type overhead view and something like 2000 levels for players to aspire to achieve. But it's gone South to South America. Can't get it here anymore.

And there is one that you can download for free called BioWar and come to think of it - it was free. Or at least it was a free month's demo I think. We were playing it online with another couple from Kentucky who frequent Korana's Korner website but we didn't pursue it after the free first month demo. It also had an overhead view and was kinda fun.

Only two I can think of that didn't majorly suck.

--------------------

+Quote Post
hunter14
post Aug 13 2006, 07:30 AM
Post #12

Evoker

Hey theres no reason to fight over it.

any i tried shadow bane but after i got to lvl 10 there was nothin to do. i tried to find a guild but when i joined one they dident really do any thing. i wanted to have a huge war but could not find a lot of ppl. im not quite sure what to do can u help me?

--------------------
i own your monkeys hahahahahaha

attack my monkeys!!!

want a banana, well u cant have one

only my monkeys can

u bananaless person
------------------------
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Aug 13 2006, 09:23 AM
Post #13

Mouth
Group Icon

Yeh, Shadowbane is pretty weird sometimes. Some guilds are active, some not. Some will be very active for awhile and then just give it up, sell their city to someone else and disappear. Or join a new guild. Some people even PVP within their own guild. Of course, that doesn't last long.

Shadowbane does have large posted Bane battles .. trebuckets and stuff. But the guilds who receive the bane don't usually recruit once the bane starts. Blood Clan is a good guild to join in Shadowbane because they are large and so get baned alot. Talk to Harl Krave in Blood Clan and ask to join. It's a good way to level up fast. Although their equipment offers aren't that great since they are so big.

First character to roll is a Minotaur axe-weilder Barbarian - 2 handed axe - you'll be pretty well accepted as a fighter. Ask alot about your class. Be a nube. Let people in your new guild help you. If your interested Cain can pm you a Template for making a good starter character.

My hubby Cain asks what server are you on? He could show you some things to do past level 10 if you are on any of the servers he plays. Mourning & Vindication are the ones he plays. He says you can hang with him on Vindication anytime if you are Templar, Priest, Scout, Confessor.
On Mourning he has a 73 Nephlum Warlock "Silmane" who can power level you. If your computer can handle it you should run 2 accounts & tab between them with one your main character & the other a buffing/healing type char for your main.
================

I remember that Anarchy Online was having huge Alien Invasions which were certainly GIGANTIC battles to try to save whatever city was being attacked. They run a free year trial account. But I'm not sure but I think you have to be pretty high level to cause any damage to those aliens.

--------------------

+Quote Post
milanius
post Aug 13 2006, 11:14 AM
Post #14

Agent

Erm, there is a certain Ogame-styled browser-MMORPG that's free in basic variant (has some time restrictions during every day, but that's nothing too serious). It's called BiteWars and it's, essentially, a PvP battling between Vampires and Werewolves (yea, they coulnd't get Pirates n Ninjas, sadly biggrin.gif). If you 're interested, check it out.

p.s.: That last link, down in my signature ? DON'T click it if you don't wan't to be Bitten tongue.gif I warned you...

p.s. 2: I just remembered where else I saw the link to that game - Fethenwen ! ohmy.gif nastyyy...

This post has been edited by milanius: Aug 13 2006, 11:17 AM

--------------------
Zlo činiti od zla se braneći,
tu zločinstva nema nikakvoga

Petar II Petrovic Njegos
(1813-1851)
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Aug 13 2006, 11:51 AM
Post #15

Mouth
Group Icon

Fetherwen, huh? Sounds like you got bitten and smitten, Milanius. laugh.gif

Remember that oh too sexy vampire picture she had for Halloween?

--------------------

+Quote Post
milanius
post Aug 13 2006, 05:59 PM
Post #16

Agent

QUOTE(Ibis @ Aug 13 2006, 10:51 AM) *

Fetherwen, huh? Sounds like you got bitten and smitten, Milanius. laugh.gif

Remember that oh too sexy vampire picture she had for Halloween?

Now, how can I forget ?... rolleyes.gif
Actually, I did stumble upon BiteWars accidentaly, several days ago, and now I'm playing as a sireless orphan Vampire *insert sad puppy-eyes smiley here* it's going fairly well, although a bit slow; however, nothing can beat Ogame in the slow department.

--------------------
Zlo činiti od zla se braneći,
tu zločinstva nema nikakvoga

Petar II Petrovic Njegos
(1813-1851)
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Aug 14 2006, 08:19 AM
Post #17

Mouth
Group Icon

Ahahaha .... it's all coming back to me now! Milanius discarding his turtleneck sweaters and leaving his balconey door open at night ... for ... the lovely vamp Fetherwen. Delicious Chorrol rumors and gossip abounded. lolol

Sooo ... are the vampires attractive in this game? What about the werewolves? I never did get to play a vampire or werewolf in Morrowind and I absolutely refuse to get that ugly as an Oblivion vampire reverts to. It just goes against lore. I did used to play an online single player vampire game. I'd rather play a MMORPG really.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post Aug 15 2006, 04:06 AM
Post #18

Master
Group Icon

Well I've tried like 3 or 4 brwoser games including ogame and they all eventually bored me out of my mind. They're addicting at first but eventually I always look at it and go, 'Wwow, this was completely pointless."

Same with all mmorpgs I have ever tried, if anyone knows of one that's more involving, please tell me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ibis
post Aug 15 2006, 05:41 AM
Post #19

Mouth
Group Icon

The whole problem with interesting, gripping storeyline and MMORPGs is that they cannot really setup a hard story the way MW/Obliv do for one player because they are going to have 1000's of players interacting with each other and that is the story or happening. They can only set up the guide lines.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post Aug 15 2006, 06:18 AM
Post #20

Master
Group Icon

I cracked that problem, I'm just waiting for the makers of these games to crack it as well.

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:08 PM