Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> The Goblin Lady
Renee
post Jul 7 2019, 12:43 AM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

Hey. So in this thread I will writing up stories pertaining to TES IV: Oblivion. Because I keep thinking of more an more ideas that occur within this game. All of these stories will be rather short, two or three months apiece, I think, rather than years and years. And the very first one shall begin in the post below.

So far there are three story ideas I've come up with: a former scholar, a monk, and a guard. All of this isn't just to write stories, it's to (as usual) enhance my gaming. Make it more interesting.

This post has been edited by Renee: Jul 14 2019, 02:53 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Renee
post Oct 13 2019, 08:04 PM
Post #2

Councilor
Group Icon

Hello. So, I keep thinking of more stuff I want to add to this story, which is causing me some stress, because I really wanted to get it done before Halloween / my birthday. The Imperial City stuff was only supposed to be two chapters, for instance.

So what I am going to do is divide the entire story into two parts. So there'll be two books. Book one is what is being written now. That'll get done by the end of October (assuming no breaks). Then maybe I'll take a long break. I'll write the second book some time in 2020. smile.gif

Book one's ending is going to be fabulous, I feel.

Those who are pressed for time can skip the dream sequence below. smile.gif I kept going back and forth, whether I should add that or not. It has nothing to do with the story's progression.

------------------------------------------------------

Chapter XI: The Plan

IPB Image

Middas, 1:55 am

Jayne left the Tiber Septim Hotel, then rented a room in Luther Broad's, just as Ignytiq had recommended. Ten gold out of the fifty the Bosmer had given her. Since she'd started the evening with just ten, this left her with exactly fifty.

She had every intention of following his advice further. Don't oversleep. But once actually in her rented room, a room with four actual walls made of stone and mortar, an actual ceiling, and a sturdy oak door to close safely behind her, a room in which the dirtiest thing was a mere spoof of dust inhabiting one far corner, well, she simply could not resist at least a nap. Over the past few years, it'd been nothing but bedrolls and hammocks if she were lucky.. More often, she'd wind up sleeping on the ground itself.

She sat upon the room's bed, a single bed fit for one person. Its pillow case made of some material she hadn't laid her head upon in years: silk. Encased within this pillow were plenty of feathers. She could feel them all in there, bundled just for her comfort. Blankets and sheets to cuddle within. She spent a few moments wresting those sheets into a suitable shape for her body.

"Just a nap" she said aloud.

----------------------------------

The skies were red and black, twisting high above with storm. Lightning bolts relayed across the platitudes, answered by the recoil of frequent thunder. Jayne Goodfall was somewhere within the Imperial City's Green Emperor Way, afraid for her life. Afraid, but at least not alone. There were several others about, as the frightening storm commenced. Most were running in fear. As she looked upward, she could see White Gold Tower there, in the center. And to her left, the sound of its main doors, opening.

There she is! ... She can help us! said a blue-robed man with dark eyes, and dark hair. Juh-Juh- Jayne Goodfall? Come with us NOW.

Though the man was commanding, and the soldiers around him formidable, Jayne felt only relief that she was being recognized, and sought.
Of course, how can I assist? I shall do as I can, she answered.

The group roamed quickly through Green Emperor Way, rushing past stones and mausoleums, finally passing through a large door which led to the city's Temple District. Jayne looked around in fascination and fear, as the blue-robed man suddenly morphed into a very large creature, a dragon in fact, then facing what she knew was Mehrunes Dagon himself! The soldiers began doing all they possibly could to help the blue-robed man-turned-dragon, shooting silver arrows, swinging silver swords, but their input was of little help.

Jayne! Martin is failing! somebody called out. Martin is failing! We need your help!

MY help? she shouted.

Call your goblins! Call them NOW! We need them here, NOW!

By mere thought, the plaza was quickly filled with dozens of the green-skinned humanoid creatures, zipping this way, and that. Beside her, the temple began to crumble as Mehrunes spotted Jayne, then began pounding upon its walls! Jayne stood steadfastedly, though. But..... the goblins weren't attacking Mehrunes! NO! They were going for the soldiers themselves! Dozens of ancillary fights broke out, axes, blades, and staves swinging! Arrows and varieties of spells zipping this way and that! Up above, the tall man who'd become a dragon was now on his knees, struggling on the other side of the district, knocking over an entire house as he stumbled.

BREAK THEM UP!!! somebody called. BREAK THEM UP!!! BREAK THEM UP!!!

----------------------------------

Middas, 2:55 am

"Wake up Jayne, Wake UP!"

"Uuuh... Uhn!" she flailed. Nearly flung her pillow at the shape before her, "Oh. Draynas! My goodness! My apologies!" She sat up quickly, embarrassed.

"Hee hee, oh Jayne, if you could see your face right now!" It was Ignytiq standing before her, with a wooden box in his hands. "I told you not to oversleep! Been waiting downstairs now for over an hour, before I'd gained the foresight to ask Luther if someone matching your description showed up earlier, then rented a room."

"My," Jayne's embarrassment continued. "Such a potent dream." She clawed for the water she'd left on the room's nightstand. Took a sip. Congratulated herself silently for not buying any beer.

"Well, listen," Ignytiq said, speaking quietly. "I have several ideas which can help you, so listen close."

"Yes, surely I am listening." She had a seat upon the comfortable bed, her newest friend in all the world of Tamriel.

He was smiling. "I think I've found a way to get you back into White Gold Tower, and ultimately back into your position as head of the Inquest Team."

"You... you have?"

"Yes. Well, this will take some time, Jayne. Keep this in mind. It will take some time. Now, first step. You might be surprised to learn this, but over all these years, your precious tome of research notes has survived. Still within White Gold Tower, still within your old quarters."

Jayne smiled. "You kept my tome!"

"Yes. Of course I have!" he spoke a little louder. "You deserve all due respect for all your service to the Empire, after all. And as I said, they are safely within what used to be your office."

"Well, how lovely." Jayne was grinning now. "I cannot wait to repossess those. So, what of this plan, then?"

The elf fidgeted open the wooden box he'd brought in. "Now, in this box I have brought several items: Three keys, and some special garb for you to wear. My idea is thus: you are going to go into White Gold Tower, where you can return to your office. Your research notes are there, as well as a few documents you can sign.."

"Documents to sign? .... What sort of documents?"

"The genius of my plan comes now. I cannot just have you brought back into the city itself, back into White Gold Tower, and back amongst the Elder Council. As I said previously, this is something which cannot be done. However, what I can do is locate you into another town. Whichever town you'd like, be it Chorrol or Cheydinhal. Your choice. But my suggestion is Weye. Since the conclusion of the Oblivion Crisis, Weye, just outside of the city itself, has seen a surprising array of development."

"You would locate me in Weye. But why? I do not understand."

"I need you Jayne!" the elf suddenly burst, a little too loudly perhaps, for he then hushed his voice. "I need your direction and influence! You don't know what it's like! All day long, I manage inquests for research, yes, but it's all books! All I deal with are books.. I haven't got any real-world experience to draw from!"

Jayne nodded. Thought a moment.

"It would be as though you'd be back within your old position, but in a rather silent manner. At least for awhile. The council would not know it was you. They'd only know of my request for inquest expansion, which is where those documents come in. We could build back to where we were, day by day. Especially if you were in Weye, which is not too far to travel. Do you see?"

Jayne nodded again. She was liking this plan, seeing where he was going with it. "Yer saying you'd have me continue on just outside of the city, eh?"

"Yes, for awhile, at least. We'd be partners, you and I. Under payment and employment of the city, itself, if I can pull this off. And nobody within the council would know."

"I see. But why have me forge some documents within the tower? Why not just bring them to me in the morning?"

"Oh, I couldn't do that! We're after-hours right now," he explained. "And I cannot be seen mucking about within the Council chambers too much. Keep in mind, it will take at least a day before I can even find a moment to slip in and out of the chambers, unseen, once those documents have been signed. My request will be official you see, but I am not waiting for any sort official answer. I am merely going to prepare the proper documents, then shove them into the desk of the proper council member. It would be as though a vote had commenced at some time, and this vote was mostly 'Ayes'. There will be no actual vote however, but nowadays the council has become so scattered and flummoxed, the proper official I mentioned won't have time to gather this notion."

"Sure. But you are saying I can somehow just walk into White Gold Tower, where you've cautioned me about visibility, sign these documents, grab my research tome, and you'd basically handle the rest?"

"Exactly. Brilliant, isn't it?"

Jayne looked doubtful. "Well, I suppose." She moved her hands in silent thought, from one side of her lap to the other, weighing an unspoken decision "Well. Well, what have I got to lose, eh?"

He was handing her three keys. "Now, these will get you into the tower itself, and obviously, one of them fits what used to be your office," he gave her the keys, then handed her the clothes. "What I have here are a robe and hood set. They will disguise you, especially if you go in at night. Everyone will simply assume you are part of the Religious Council subset. It's a new faction of monks and scribes, allowed to roam freely within the tower. But especially at night."

Jayne pocketed the keys, then took the clothes. Donned her head within the hood. Looked around.

"Do not succeed in getting caught," Ignytiq warned. "Keep to yourself. Do not speak to anyone. Nobody will question you then."

"Do ya assume I'm that daft?" She narrowed her eyes. "Of course I shall keep to myself."

"May the Aedra of the sky speed you along!" He lifted his box, then motioned for her to follow him.

--------------------------------------

Jayne's frightening dream

Ignityq's Plan

This post has been edited by Renee: Oct 14 2019, 01:16 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Renee   The Goblin Lady   Jul 7 2019, 12:43 AM
Renee   Like a whirling dervish Spitting out the salty she...   Jul 14 2019, 02:51 AM
Lopov   Nice introduction. Final sentences wrap up the st...   Jul 14 2019, 08:14 AM
Acadian   Very nice how we started in the middle of a scene ...   Jul 14 2019, 01:26 PM
treydog   Very nice! Well- not so much for Angrus... but...   Jul 14 2019, 05:03 PM
SubRosa   Six Fishes is a great name for a dockside tavern. ...   Jul 15 2019, 01:53 PM
Renee   Wow, I got comments. Now I gotta finish this! ...   Jul 21 2019, 11:12 AM
treydog   An excellent addition to what we have seen already...   Jul 21 2019, 03:05 PM
SubRosa   So the Goblin Lady was an unwilling participant in...   Jul 21 2019, 04:10 PM
Lopov   Nice, I didn't expect her to be enslaved by th...   Jul 21 2019, 06:51 PM
Acadian   Ahah, I see how this ties right into the beginning...   Jul 21 2019, 07:59 PM
Grits   Whoop, Renee stories! *happy dance* I love th...   Jul 23 2019, 05:19 PM
Renee   Saturday night is usually the only time I have eno...   Jul 28 2019, 01:40 AM
Renee   After that there were no more incidents of hostil...   Aug 4 2019, 03:40 AM
SubRosa   Neat link to that article about Sacred Rite of the...   Aug 4 2019, 05:44 PM
Acadian   I quite like the premise you seem to have going on...   Aug 4 2019, 07:53 PM
Lopov   An interesting continuation, you used quite a diff...   Aug 5 2019, 06:13 PM
treydog   Somehow missed this when you first updated- but ha...   Aug 10 2019, 02:57 PM
Renee   Comments and questions in this post, and I'll ...   Aug 11 2019, 04:11 PM
Renee   [center][font=Times New Roman]Chapter IV: The Gobl...   Aug 11 2019, 05:25 PM
Acadian   Well, done, Renee! Thank Azura for those h...   Aug 11 2019, 06:54 PM
SubRosa   I too, loved the inclusion of Cropsford and the 3r...   Aug 11 2019, 08:56 PM
Lopov   Quite a cliff hanger, Renee Gade. Who allowed you ...   Aug 12 2019, 01:19 PM
treydog   Interesting continuation. Our first encounter wit...   Aug 16 2019, 05:15 PM
Renee   Acadian: Aw thanks! Yes, I left that sort of v...   Aug 18 2019, 06:46 AM
Renee   This chapter is longer. :cake: I thought of choppi...   Aug 18 2019, 05:44 PM
SubRosa   Great to see how Jayne is reaching out to communic...   Aug 18 2019, 05:57 PM
Acadian   Fun vid as Jayne gathers her tribe! Whew...   Aug 18 2019, 06:50 PM
Lopov   Very clever to include some actual goblin language...   Aug 19 2019, 01:44 PM
treydog   As far as the foreign language, I am a typography ...   Aug 19 2019, 01:52 PM
Renee   SubRosa: Yes. Her reputation. :) She certainly has...   Sep 1 2019, 06:32 PM
Renee   [font=Times New Roman][center]Chapter VI: The Yell...   Sep 1 2019, 07:32 PM
Lopov   Looks like Jayne has some great plans in mind. I w...   Sep 2 2019, 08:35 AM
Acadian   I'm still getting a kick out of Jayne's pa...   Sep 2 2019, 06:16 PM
SubRosa   Yaaagh! Jayne has her temporary goblin tats o...   Sep 2 2019, 07:13 PM
Renee   Lopov: funny you just mentioned Kahreem. ;) Acad...   Sep 8 2019, 03:39 AM
Lopov   A very detailed and intriguing insight into Jayne...   Sep 8 2019, 03:27 PM
treydog   I love the life you bring to the interactions- wit...   Sep 8 2019, 06:07 PM
Acadian   Good that all of Jayne’s worries turned out for ...   Sep 8 2019, 07:02 PM
SubRosa   You are bringing back so many Oblivion memories wi...   Sep 8 2019, 08:11 PM
Renee   Aw, you folks make me smile. :) I am glad this is ...   Sep 22 2019, 02:40 AM
Renee   [size=4][font=Times New Roman]Chapter VIII: The Im...   Sep 22 2019, 03:32 AM
Lopov   Is that Lady Saga you're writing about in the ...   Sep 22 2019, 06:16 PM
Acadian   Yes, who is the mysterious mushroom-eating elf in ...   Sep 22 2019, 06:39 PM
SubRosa   Is that blond elf with the summer bolette Lady Sag...   Sep 23 2019, 07:16 PM
Renee   Yes Lopov, Acadian, and SubRosa, that is Lady Sag...   Sep 29 2019, 03:02 AM
Lopov   Neat story. I like it how you still continue to un...   Sep 29 2019, 06:52 PM
SubRosa   Ignite It is in charge? That does not sound good a...   Sep 29 2019, 07:06 PM
Acadian   Like Lopov, I'm enjoying watching this story u...   Sep 29 2019, 07:18 PM
treydog   Mysterious late-sleeping elves.... Alarm bells are...   Sep 30 2019, 11:46 AM
Renee   I like it how you still continue to unfold event...   Oct 6 2019, 04:21 PM
Renee   Where we left off: Jayne spoke to Simplicia the Sl...   Oct 6 2019, 05:02 PM
Acadian   I love how Vinicia has modernized her bookkeeping....   Oct 6 2019, 10:15 PM
Renee   Meh... so many mistakes! I was hungover though...   Oct 7 2019, 03:27 PM
SubRosa   It sounds like Vinicia Melissaeia works the servic...   Oct 7 2019, 04:32 PM
Lopov   Jayne can now sleep in peace, knowing that she won...   Oct 7 2019, 10:20 PM
Renee   Acadian -- I've been watching too much Black M...   Oct 13 2019, 01:13 AM
Lopov   I love the dream sequence, very-well written. I wo...   Oct 14 2019, 11:55 AM
SubRosa   Sketchy is a trendy term these days, meaning anyth...   Oct 14 2019, 01:07 PM
Acadian   Aww, another reminder that her plans for goblins a...   Oct 17 2019, 08:55 PM
ghastley   ... What I'm getting at is that if you would ...   Oct 17 2019, 09:06 PM
Renee   Lopov, my friend. Now why would you suppose Ignyti...   Oct 20 2019, 02:31 AM
Renee   [size=4][center]Chapter XII: White Gold Tower htt...   Oct 20 2019, 02:57 AM
Acadian   A pleasant day of bathing and beer. Wise of Jayne...   Oct 20 2019, 07:32 PM
SubRosa   Jayne has that guard's ear? Ewwww! :lol: ...   Oct 21 2019, 07:13 PM
Lopov   That's very friendly, Renee, you let us hangin...   Oct 21 2019, 07:30 PM
Renee   Acadian: YES, the part when you said you "pon...   Oct 26 2019, 10:36 PM
SubRosa   An academic's office being a broom closet is n...   Oct 27 2019, 01:12 AM
Lopov   Fvck, that's great! I mean the story, not ...   Oct 27 2019, 10:11 AM
Acadian   Oh, my heart breaks for poor Jayne! Betrayed ...   Oct 27 2019, 07:55 PM
Renee   Hey everyone, I appreciate your attentions. :cake:...   Nov 3 2019, 04:00 AM
Renee   One come a day the water will run, No man will sta...   Nov 3 2019, 04:20 AM
Acadian   That fetcher, Iggy! :-/ Poor Jayne, as she...   Nov 3 2019, 08:49 PM
Lopov   Fokke! That must be our Of Weet friend, that h...   Nov 4 2019, 01:57 PM
SubRosa   Oh no, the locals are out with their torches and p...   Nov 4 2019, 04:01 PM
Renee   Oh yes, that's that I was going for, 'Rosa...   Nov 9 2019, 04:36 PM
Renee   My sweet revenge Will be yours For the taking It...   Nov 9 2019, 09:52 PM
Lopov   A fitting end for the fetcher. Faced with the wra...   Nov 9 2019, 10:34 PM
SubRosa   It sounds like Ignitit's hundred septim shoes ...   Nov 9 2019, 11:47 PM
Acadian   ... I love the juxtaposition of how they either do...   Nov 10 2019, 09:18 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:14 PM