Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Yokuda, Some things should never return...
Colonel Mustard
post Jun 24 2009, 09:03 PM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

Well, this is an idea I had a wee while ago. I know we've already got a few RPs going, but I like this one and Chorrol seems to have one of the most active (not to mention skilled) Roleplaying communities out there. So, here goes!

It is thirty years after the Oblivion Crisis. The Elder Council now rules Tamriel in the stead of the Emperor, and through their political skill and diplomacy, peace has been secured in a period of dangerous turbulence.

But once again the Red Horseman threatens to ride.

Many millenia ago, through causes widely speculated yet still unkown, the island-continent of Yokuda sank into the sea, displacing the Yokudan people native to the island and forcing them to relocate to Hammerfell, where they became the modern day Redguards. Now the island has risen again.

Threatening echoes of war rumble through the land, and the fragile peace the Elder Council has constructed threatens to be shatters as every nation on Tamriel threatens to descend into war in a massive land-grab. In a desperate attempt to halt the oncoming war, the Elder Council have summoned together representatives from all the nations of Tamriel. Unless an agreement is reached, then Tamriel could erupt in a civil war more brutal than ever seen before.

Well, you've seen the premise. This is, as you may have guessed, a diplomacy roleplay, one that will be a lot less combat focussed than The Ghostfence (well, it's not that combat focussed but there definitely will be fighting) or The Flying Bullets. In fact, unless there happens to be a rather sneaky attempt at assassination, there may well be no combat whatsoever. So you should probably make a character with that in mind-while a strong sword arm can be handy, it will most likely be no use in these circumstances and would instead a sharp tongue and quick mind would be a more powerful weapon.

I'm not sure whether we should be a party of delegates for a nation, or each play a single ambassador for seperate nations (say person 1 does Hammerfell's ambassador, person 2 does Skyrim's etc.) but if we decide on that we can always fill the gaps with NPCs.

So, what do you think?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(20 - 20)
Illydoor
post Jul 7 2009, 12:45 PM
Post #21

Finder
Group Icon

Sorry guys, exams n' all but they're nearly finished.

Hmm it's such a hard choice. Bosmer or Breton. Breton or Bosmer. kvleft.gif

Alas, I think I'm going to have to take Valenwood. I'll post my character up soon guys.

This post has been edited by Illydoor: Jul 7 2009, 01:27 PM

--------------------
Have you ever thought about taking the dark and thorny path?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th June 2024 - 11:01 AM