Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

117 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "Here Is The News..", The Elder Scrolls Online General Discussion Thread...
McBadgere
post Aug 1 2013, 01:03 PM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

Hello!!...This thread is where we can discuss, news, views...Facts, rumours...Hopes, fears...And everything else that you want to about The Elder Scrolls Online that doesn't warrant it's own thread...If you know what I mean... biggrin.gif ...

Plus, the other thread was morphing into this anyways... biggrin.gif ...

Also...10 000 points to the first person to get the titular reference... tongue.gif ...

Aaaaamywho...

Ere!!...They've announced four of the classes!!...I can't see that they're the only classes, they're a bit too vague and general...But apparently, whatever you choose, you can use everything anyways...So why they bother I dunno...

Anyways, the two I remember are Dragon Knight, and Templar...No points for guessing the one I'm going for to start with... biggrin.gif ...

The Dragon Knight is apparently the one for Heavy Armour/Tank with sword types...And the Templar is more for healing while killing types of knights...*Coughofthenine*...

But they sound cool...

Erm...Oh yeah...I forget the names of the other two classes...But they're built one for stealth and one for Mages...

Definately looking forward to it...I just hope the payment thing doesn't rear it's head...Other than paying for DLCs of course...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Aug 1 2013, 04:16 PM
Post #2

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Aug 1 2013, 02:03 PM) *

10 000 points to the first person to get the titular reference... tongue.gif ...

Give them to me, you ThreeDog/GNR quote thief! tongue.gif

And remember, don´t feed the Yao Guai. That is all cool.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 1 2013, 05:06 PM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Aug 1 2013, 08:03 AM) *

Also...10 000 points to the first person to get the titular reference... tongue.gif ...

What rhymes with shoes, and often gives you the blues? That's right, it's time for the cashews! Okay, that doesn't really rhyme... How about news?

Anyways, the two I remember are Dragon Knight, and Templar...No points for guessing the one I'm going for to start with... biggrin.gif ...

One of the Poor Fellow-Soldiers of Christ and of the Temple of Solomon?

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Aug 1 2013, 05:11 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 1 2013, 10:57 PM
Post #4

Councilor
Group Icon

I have some questions. smile.gif

Area progression: when a new area gets unlocked as you level up, does that mean there’s no way to return to an older area? Or maybe there’s no real reason to return?

Player housing: I couldn’t find a yes or no on this, just speculation. Anyone know?

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 2 2013, 12:18 AM
Post #5

Ancient
Group Icon

Give me the 10,000 points, I get it! All I had to do was look in the mirror and saw two titulars staring back, knew I had the answer right away!

This post has been edited by mALX: Aug 2 2013, 12:19 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 2 2013, 12:25 AM
Post #6

Paladin
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Aug 1 2013, 04:18 PM) *

Give me the 10,000 points, I get it! All I had to do was look in the mirror and saw two titulars staring back, knew I had the answer right away!

Oh for Mara's sake! *sputter sputter* It doesn't happen often, but that just sprayed diet coke all over my monitor! Curse you and your nice puppies!

rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif

On topic: Oh, how do you pause an MMO when you need to go pee or if you need to *grumble* get another diet coke? Never touched an MMO before.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Aug 2 2013, 12:49 AM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Aug 1 2013, 10:57 PM) *

I have some questions. smile.gif

Area progression: when a new area gets unlocked as you level up, does that mean there’s no way to return to an older area? Or maybe there’s no real reason to return?

Player housing: I couldn’t find a yes or no on this, just speculation. Anyone know?

You can return to the area.

Some areas, phasing (or 'layering' as we call it) is not based on a choice, but on whether or not you've done a certain thing yet. In this case, separation from another player would be temporary. In other areas, it can be based off of a choice you've made. Those choices tend to come at the end of the activity for an area, reducing separation.

There are other mechanisms we use to reinforce choice that have nothing to do with layering. You may experience something completely different than someone else based on your individual choices, but the ways we show this don't separate you from others at all. The latter techniques are used far more frequently than layering. And finally, there are still other solutions we'll discuss later that enable you to better stay together with others even if you'd normally be in different layers.

No player housing. Zenimax said they might add it after launch, though.

PvP Info:
•When you join a PvP zone, you’ll be scaled up to approximately level 50. You’ll be able to hold your own, but someone who’s actually level 50 have more skills and abilities than you.
•Siege weapons can be purchased using Alliance points, and rams, ballistae, catapults, and trebuchets can be packed up and re-positioned.
•There will be a PvP rankings system. You’ll be able to earn Alliance Ranks which will grant you titles, as well as giving you access to purchase weapons and armor. There’s even a PvP skill line that you’ll be able to gain access to.
•Leveling through PvP will not be on the same pace as PvE leveling, because other players don’t just show up to die.
•Stealth/Sneaking is a factor in PvP, but there are ways to detect it. Damaging a sneaking player will reveal them , as will spells designed for that purpose. Additionally, sneaking using stamina, and therefore going into battle sneaking will put you at a disadvantage.
•NPC villages will be Alliance-neutral, but if you hold the nearby keep, guards will patrol the town, making it safer for you to do business there (But not 100% safe).

Other Game Info:
•Fast travel is in TESO. Once you visit a point called a Wayshrine, you can travel back there from anywhere on the map. If you’re at a Wayshrine, you can go to any other Wayshrine for free. If you’re out in the wild, it will cost you gold – you’ll also be limited in how often you can do this.
•Yes, you’ll be able to make and eat Sweet Rolls and Fishy Sticks.
•You will be able to loot items from houses, crates, barrels and the like. Plans are that respawn rates for loot will be fast enough that you won’t always find empty containers.
•You’ll be able to get most skill lines in the game, with a few exceptions. You can’t be a vampire and a werewolf at the same time, for example, and there are some class/racial exclusives.

--------------------
And yet I am, and liveā€”like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass belowā€”above the vaulted sky.ā€¯
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Aug 2 2013, 03:50 AM
Post #8

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Subrosa)
One of the Poor Fellow-Soldiers of Christ and of the Temple of Solomon?

The very ones!!...Difficult to guess though, eh?... biggrin.gif ...

Microu...Nah, sorry matey...I woke up in the night and realised how lame the reference was anyways...So don't get all that excited for the points... laugh.gif ...

mALX...Its hard not to have noticed from the amount of times you've ripped yer shirt off lately... wink.gif ...

As for player housing...I'd heard that they were bringing back the ability to break into houses and then take them as your own...Trouble is, as I thought at the time...If everyone in the world chooses your house, that's a lot of people in one house...

Another thing the mag I read mentioned is that the first quest they did was in a town called Wayrest or something...And the story had that another faction was attacking it and in order to save the fellow inhabitants, quests had to be done...And the amount of people saved is directly linked to however many of these minor quests you do...However, this does lead to incidents where your friend's village has NPCs that he can see and you can't, having saved more people than you...

I also wonder how you pause in-game...

And in-game saving...Are you likely to be able to save anywhere at anytime, go off and do something and pick it back up from where you left off?...Or is that not how MMOs work?...I've never played one either...
+Quote Post
ThatSkyrimGuy
post Aug 2 2013, 04:20 AM
Post #9

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Aug 1 2013, 06:18 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Shirts are optional at casa mALX!

--------------------
A Question of Fate is my Skyrim Fic
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Aug 2 2013, 06:45 PM
Post #10

Master
Group Icon

http://www.twitch.tv/bethesda/b/439743009?t=40m49s

New gameplay video. Best video yet.

This post has been edited by Darkness Eternal: Aug 2 2013, 08:47 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Aug 2 2013, 09:41 PM
Post #11

Master
Group Icon

Watching now.

Faction lock is in. (I sound like a broken record, but I really want that Argonian. The lock is going to make guildbuilding a bit harder to say the least)

Controls look good. Compass looks lifted from Skyrim which ain't too bad. (only flaw I have with Skyrim's is that icons already pop up when the location is still far far away.)

Talk about blocking and attacking sounds familiar, even if it isn't all that applicable to a bow. (Non full-power attacks with bows are a waste of time)

Guar is pronounced as Gore? Huh, I always thought it was Goe-war.

Skills level by use. Good.
They're also linked to guilds now? I wonder how much the guilds actually do. Are they actual organizations with bases and quests or just a name on a skilltree. That said, it sounds more morrowindish. Morrowind's skill-based rank-unlocking was a bit awkward, but I liked how you actually had to be good at your supposed job. In Oblivion and Skyrim you can pretty much become Arch-mage barbarian who can't count to two or the conjuring Fighter's guildmaster who can't lift a paperweight.

Fast travel results in a horse animation? Nice but if they really want to impress, make it a Guar. The vid is supposed to be in Morrowind. (extraneous detail, but dangit, they're cuter than horses.)
It looks like weapons can be hotkeyed. That's nice.

Classes aren't limited in their choice of weapon or armour or skills it seems. Good to hear, but why have classes then in the first place?

Exploring gives xp. In other words, you can level (poorly) by being a tourist! tongue.gif

This post has been edited by jack cloudy: Aug 2 2013, 09:51 PM

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Aug 2 2013, 10:36 PM
Post #12

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(jack cloudy @ Aug 2 2013, 09:41 PM) *

They're also linked to guilds now? I wonder how much the guilds actually do. Are they actual organizations with bases and quests or just a name on a skilltree. That said, it sounds more morrowindish. Morrowind's skill-based rank-unlocking was a bit awkward, but I liked how you actually had to be good at your supposed job. In Oblivion and Skyrim you can pretty much become Arch-mage barbarian who can't count to two or the conjuring Fighter's guildmaster who can't lift a paperweight.

Fast travel results in a horse animation? Nice but if they really want to impress, make it a Guar. The vid is supposed to be in Morrowind. (extraneous detail, but dangit, they're cuter than horses.)

Yes. We can just call them perks. Perks for guilds, perks for race, armor, class, weapons and if you become a vampire or a werewolf. This I like. We have so much to level up on!

Agreed. One of the developers said in an interview about why there are no horses in Morrowind and he said the land is inhospiratable for creatures such as horses because of the ash and flora and because the Dunmer see them as a delicious meal. I wondered why there was a horse running around when a guar( I thought it was pronounced Guu Wuar) in the game.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ThatSkyrimGuy
post Aug 3 2013, 05:28 PM
Post #13

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Aug 2 2013, 12:45 PM) *

http://www.twitch.tv/bethesda/b/439743009?t=40m49s

New gameplay video. Best video yet.

Looks good. Making me look forward to it more and more everytime I see something new.

--------------------
A Question of Fate is my Skyrim Fic
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 3 2013, 06:28 PM
Post #14

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(jack cloudy @ Aug 2 2013, 04:41 PM) *

I thought it was pronounced Gwar, just like the band.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Aug 3 2013, 08:32 PM
Post #15

Forum Bard
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 3 2013, 05:28 PM) *

I thought it was pronounced Gwar, just like the band.

Me too.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Aug 4 2013, 06:55 PM
Post #16

Councilor
Group Icon

Wow...That's not like Bethesda to change stuff... huh.gif ...

Oh wait... kvleft.gif ....
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 4 2013, 08:55 PM
Post #17

Ancient
Group Icon

Exploring gives xp. In other words, you can level (poorly) by being a tourist! tongue.gif

Fallout 3 does this too. You get experience points every time you discover a location.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ImperialSnob
post Aug 7 2013, 07:24 PM
Post #18

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(jack cloudy @ Aug 2 2013, 09:41 PM) *

Watching now.

Faction lock is in. (I sound like a broken record, but I really want that Argonian. The lock is going to make guildbuilding a bit harder to say the least)

Controls look good. Compass looks lifted from Skyrim which ain't too bad. (only flaw I have with Skyrim's is that icons already pop up when the location is still far far away.)

Talk about blocking and attacking sounds familiar, even if it isn't all that applicable to a bow. (Non full-power attacks with bows are a waste of time)

Classes aren't limited in their choice of weapon or armour or skills it seems. Good to hear, but why have classes then in the first place?

1.You can do other faction zones but you must first complete your own faction zone and you'll only see other people from your faction.

7.They're like an archtype,in your build will you be using magic at all?Then you should probaly choose the magic class to get bonuses to maic.

8.That's a bit like WoW,you don't get much but it's nice that you get a little bit of reward for exploration.
+Quote Post
ImperialSnob
post Aug 24 2013, 10:26 PM
Post #19

Master
Group Icon

It's now confirmed,that ES:O will be 15 dollars a month subscription.

This isn't smart,we've seen with TERA,The Secret World and The Old Republic that subscriptions fees don't work unless you're WoW.
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Aug 25 2013, 04:23 PM
Post #20

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh well, that'll be that done for then... sad.gif ...

Will. Not. Pay. For. Stuff...Cannot afford £500 a year for all the family to be able to play...Which is what it'll end up as...

Well, won't pay for stuff barring DLCs for existing games of course... biggrin.gif ...
+Quote Post

117 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:46 AM