Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 1 2015, 01:29 AM
Post #42

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ May 31 2015, 07:09 PM) *

SPEW! Somehow I don't feel like you have captured the theme here, rollinglaugh.gif

This post has been edited by mALX: Jun 1 2015, 01:30 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 1 2015, 01:35 AM
Post #43

Ancient
Group Icon

I think we need a new thread just for this awesomeness... because mother says they are worth it

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Jun 1 2015, 01:37 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 1 2015, 01:37 AM
Post #44

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 31 2015, 08:22 PM) *

I wonder how many flies he swallowed filming that. wink.gif

Legends of the Pitt

Now you're talking! But ... unfortunately I have trouble getting past his strange marriage since that gorgeous pic was taken, lol. I would rather he had climbed into bed naked with David Bowie like Mick did, rollinglaugh.gif

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 31 2015, 08:35 PM) *

I think we need a new thread just for this awesomeness...

Point me to it, lol.

This post has been edited by mALX: Jun 1 2015, 01:36 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jun 1 2015, 01:42 AM
Post #45

Paladin
Group Icon

C'mon, folks. Let's please try to keep this thread close to the topic of ESO character building.

The Everything thread is available for just such off-topic forays. smile.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 2 2015, 09:08 PM
Post #46

Ancient
Group Icon

General Leveling Tips:

Buy items with Training or Exploration on them from Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, Market Districts, or Guild Traders. You should then research Training and Exploration on all your gear pieces so you can keep crafting new items as you level.

Buy Neck and Rings from Mages Guild.

Dont repair your broken items just craft new gear as you level, this will save you a ton of gold because repairing costs much more than crafting new gear.

Reading book shelves will level your skills up very quickly so go to Mages Guild in every new town you come to and read all the shelves.

Your weapon is approximately as important as all your armor put together. Also, it doesnt take damage. If you invest in any gear, invest in your weapon first, jewelry second, and armor last.

Grinding:

For the most part grinding XP is faster than questing. Questing can be much FASTER if done efficiently. But you can Efficiently Grind XP For Speed Leveling.

* You can gain more XP while grinding as a duo, rather than alone.
* AoE is required to get the most out of grinding.
* The amount of XP you get is based on the mobs level.
* You only gain full XP from mobs that are above or below you by 5 levels.

*** Efficiently Do Quests So You Can Level Faster Than Grinding:

Main Factors That Make Questing Slow:

Most quests waste a lot of time and give little XP reward
Some quests take a lot of time to figure out where to go or what to do - Questing wastes a lot of time on traveling.

* Try to catch all the quests in one area at once; finish them before leaving the area.

* Take on multiple quests at one time, and complete them in the order that cuts down on back and forth traveling.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Jun 9 2015, 04:54 AM
Post #47

Master
Group Icon

I love long hair but my main ESO character is going to be bald, buff bearded and tattooed. EIther an Imperial or Breton in the Daggerfall Covenant. I'll be rolling khajiit too.

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 9 2015, 06:07 AM
Post #48

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Jun 8 2015, 11:54 PM) *

I love long hair but my main ESO character is going to be bald, buff bearded and tattooed. EIther an Imperial or Breton in the Daggerfall Covenant. I'll be rolling khajiit too.

I debated using an Imperial too, but ended up making a Nord girl. She has long red hair and green eyes. I can't describe her armor because it changes every time I pick up something new, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 9 2015, 01:51 PM
Post #49

Councilor
Group Icon

Jerric has the most neatly styled hair of his life. Its pretty funny. Im really not a fan of the male hair. Hes in an iron cuirass and belt (?) right now along with his prison trousers and sandals. Is light armor not just clothing? Id like to find him a few pieces of light to get that tree going. He has a mace (ugh) and a very small shield. Stuff is expensive so hes going to have to use what he finds for a while.

Hes a Nord Templar. Having fun with the spear spell.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 9 2015, 02:17 PM
Post #50

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 9 2015, 08:51 AM) *

Jerric has the most neatly styled hair of his life. Its pretty funny. Im really not a fan of the male hair. Hes in an iron cuirass and belt (?) right now along with his prison trousers and sandals. Is light armor not just clothing? Id like to find him a few pieces of light to get that tree going. He has a mace (ugh) and a very small shield. Stuff is expensive so hes going to have to use what he finds for a while.

Hes a Nord Templar. Having fun with the spear spell.

It took me a while to figure out how to use that Aedric Spear spell, but when I finally started doing it right I stopped dying so much unless surrounded by too many foes.

It is so exciting to hear someone else playing it and talking about it, I'm so glad you got it!

(and I'm still using what I find, lol).

Did you open up the urn with your soul in it? There is an enchanted bow and enchanted robe in there. I didn't learn about that till the last time I played, really glad I didn't store that in the bank, lol.

This post has been edited by mALX: Jun 9 2015, 02:18 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 9 2015, 02:23 PM
Post #51

Councilor
Group Icon

I saw some people using their Dragonknight spell with the chain while still in the beginning part, so I knew I had to get some Aedric light going on or be ashamed, lol. I dont care what people think about what Im doing, but Jerrics rep is on the line! laugh.gif Of course if its my PSN id floating over his head instead of his name Ill feel better about my newbish antics. Also I had to quit so I could figure out how to switch to third person and sheath the weapon. Running around with a weapon equipped is not happening.

He picked up a couple of staves including a frost one, so next I think hell get that skill on his bar. I can see why people rush to level up.

I opened the urn and got a bow and a piece of medium armor, but no soul. Was something supposed to happen to get my soul back? Yikes.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 9 2015, 02:55 PM
Post #52

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 9 2015, 09:23 AM) *

I saw some people using their Dragonknight spell with the chain while still in the beginning part, so I knew I had to get some Aedric light going on or be ashamed, lol. I dont care what people think about what Im doing, but Jerrics rep is on the line! laugh.gif Of course if its my PSN id floating over his head instead of his name Ill feel better about my newbish antics. Also I had to quit so I could figure out how to switch to third person and sheath the weapon. Running around with a weapon equipped is not happening.

He picked up a couple of staves including a frost one, so next I think hell get that skill on his bar. I can see why people rush to level up.

I opened the urn and got a bow and a piece of medium armor, but no soul. Was something supposed to happen to get my soul back? Yikes.

I thought they would have some swirly mist for your soul, but no - it just is assumed it is back in you, lol. But you get the enchanted equipment, which I was still running around in my prison garb all those times I played and looking desperately for a bow - and had that inside the urn all that time, didn't know it, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 9 2015, 03:31 PM
Post #53

Councilor
Group Icon

Jerric is still wearing his prison shirt around town because it shows off his hairy chest. tongue.gif He got scars instead of tats. Most of the body paint just looks silly.

Regarding a Templar Jerric build:

Ive taken Puncturing Strikes and Sun Fire thinking that I needed to open the individual skill branches, but now I wonder if it even works that way. I want to get Backlash from the Dawns Wrath line, so I guess I need to keep Sun Fire on my bar until I get that skill leveled up enough? I dont have a good picture of what leads to what within the skills.

I did the same thing with an ability from the Shield and One-Handed line and one from the Heavy Armor line. Then I got a passive ability that said I would not need to have it on the bar to work, but I thought I read elsewhere that passive abilities had their own bar. Maybe its changed or maybe there are two kinds of passive abilities.

For attributes I put points into health for not dying and into stamina for weapon damage, since Jerric is as much about dealing it out as taking it. I suppose this will make him weak at both for groups and unsuitable for PvP. Well see. *shrugs*

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 9 2015, 06:20 PM
Post #54

Councilor
Group Icon

We just morphed Puncturing Strikes to Puncturing Sweep (Aedric Spear tree), so now Jerric has a self-healing ability. Woo! smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 9 2015, 06:34 PM
Post #55

Ancient
Group Icon

Jerric has the most neatly styled hair of his life. Its pretty funny. Im really not a fan of the male hair.

Pics or it didn't happen... wink.gif smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 9 2015, 07:15 PM
Post #56

Ancient
Group Icon

Yeah, a lot of the body paint looks tribal. That Puncturing Strike is a powerful weapon, saved me big time against the undead.

I was kind of hoping to get Misa tough enough to tank if needed, but not to actually play her as a tank, if that makes sense.

I read that the passive ones had their own bar for 4 passive abilities, but I can't find it - I hope that hasn't changed, urk.
. .

Yeah, I didn't read up on how to handle that points distribution till after I distributed mine, and I put one in each category so she would be well balanced. I mean, she will need magic for those spells, and health to not die, and stamina because she is alone in battle most of the time. So I kind of think I did okay since I'm playing solo.

For people playing in a group, you decide what role your character will play and sink your stats into that role - Example: if your character is going to be the healer in the group you would sink your stats into magicka and the healing skill set; if your character is going to be a "tank" for your group you would sink your points into endurance and heavy armor, etc.

Well, since I'm playing solo I figure Misa has to do it all, so I've been dividing them equally as much as possible - but I think the ceiling for leveling up skills is 300 points to distribute per game; so if you sink any into crafting they won't be there to be used for combat skills - so I've held off building any of those skills except enchanting. Next I'll probably try to make armor; only things I'll need for combat.

I'm hoping to learn what I'll need to do with this character so when I start a new one I'll be able to have a better plan right from the start.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 9 2015, 01:34 PM) *

Jerric has the most neatly styled hair of his life. Its pretty funny. Im really not a fan of the male hair.

laugh.gif

QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 9 2015, 01:20 PM) *

We just morphed Puncturing Strikes to Puncturing Sweep (Aedric Spear tree), so now Jerric has a self-healing ability. Woo! smile.gif

Hmm, I morphed two of my spells but can't remember which two.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 9 2015, 08:36 PM
Post #57

Councilor
Group Icon

laugh.gif

Ive taken some screenshots but I havent figured out how to retrieve them yet. It think it involves a memory stick, which seems rather primitive. Jerric is not vain about many things, but he would rather have a hood on with this face. Or better yet a closed helm.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 10 2015, 02:18 AM
Post #58

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 9 2015, 03:36 PM) *

laugh.gif

Ive taken some screenshots but I havent figured out how to retrieve them yet. It think it involves a memory stick, which seems rather primitive. Jerric is not vain about many things, but he would rather have a hood on with this face. Or better yet a closed helm.

I was going to say where to find them, then realized you weren't on the PC, lol.

Here is Misa with the red hair. the other lady is my friend's girl - the one that was playing the drum and dancing while waiting for me - those are her two conjured familiars that go everywhere with her. The one in the air has saved my neck a few times from wolves!

http://tesalliance.org/forums/uploads/gall..._276_310695.png

Oh, and I got some bow practice today - died a couple times trying to use it.

This post has been edited by mALX: Jun 10 2015, 02:16 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Jun 11 2015, 01:42 AM
Post #59

Mouth
Group Icon

So here's Haa-Rei.

As you can see, we decided to go with the sorcerer class. Focusing on the daedric summoning. Oooooh boy is he glad we went with that. The summoned Scamp and Clannfear are superb at drawing enemy attention and blocking pesky melee attackers from getting to close. Haa-Rei can happily launch arrows into the fray while the summon takes all the heat.

Decided to focus our crafting efforts on woodworking and clothing so Haa-Rei can keep making new bows and medium armour. Love the Argonian style gear, all aztec-y and gorgeous. That said, I want to learn how to craft other race styles. Apparently there are books for that so if anyone finds one give me a heads up on the location so we can go get it biggrin.gif

Taking a break from exploring the ashen wasteland.

An Argonian settlement in Morrowind, complete with adorable mud huts.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 11 2015, 02:21 AM
Post #60

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Jun 10 2015, 08:42 PM) *

So here's Haa-Rei.

As you can see, we decided to go with the sorcerer class. Focusing on the daedric summoning. Oooooh boy is he glad we went with that. The summoned Scamp and Clannfear are superb at drawing enemy attention and blocking pesky melee attackers from getting to close. Haa-Rei can happily launch arrows into the fray while the summon takes all the heat.

Decided to focus our crafting efforts on woodworking and clothing so Haa-Rei can keep making new bows and medium armour. Love the Argonian style gear, all aztec-y and gorgeous. That said, I want to learn how to craft other race styles. Apparently there are books for that so if anyone finds one give me a heads up on the location so we can go get it biggrin.gif

Taking a break from exploring the ashen wasteland.

An Argonian settlement in Morrowind, complete with adorable mud huts.

AWESOME !!!! Haa-Rei looks great!

Here are some hints on finding the Motifs (books) for armor making:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/di...g-racial-styles

Watch the vid on this page:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/di...ind-rare-motifs

--------------------
+Quote Post

8 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:21 AM