Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ebonheart Pact Discussion, Caution: there may be spoilers
Grits
post Jun 11 2015, 10:32 PM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

I thought we could use a place to discuss specifics of quests and locations that might contain spoilers so folks who haven’t played that faction area yet could easily avoid them. If we shouldn’t discuss spoilers at all, would a moderator please advise or just close the thread? Thanks!

So, in the Bleakrock Isle quest Hozzin’s Folly where you end up in a Daedric realm destroying a sigil stone, that whole room was empty for me other than the stone that you activate. Did anyone find loot or something to fight in there?

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 12 2015, 09:27 PM
Post #2

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 11 2015, 05:32 PM) *

I thought we could use a place to discuss specifics of quests and locations that might contain spoilers so folks who haven’t played that faction area yet could easily avoid them. If we shouldn’t discuss spoilers at all, would a moderator please advise or just close the thread? Thanks!

So, in the Bleakrock Isle quest Hozzin’s Folly where you end up in a Daedric realm destroying a sigil stone, that whole room was empty for me other than the stone that you activate. Did anyone find loot or something to fight in there?

Were you wearing the disguise? That may have kept you from getting attacked. I think a few times my disguise failed and I got attacked; then I forgot to get the SkyShard and had to go back through again and got attacked a lot that time. It took about 3 kills each time to get a uniform disguise to drop.

When I went to that portal I got attacked by those mean red monkees, but was really surprised not to have a boss fight, it was almost too easy compared to how hard it was to get into the mine before I got the disguise. I died there so many times - it is what taught me to resurrect at a wayshrine if the fight is impossible to win, lol.

Here is a list of all the Ebonheart quests by area to refer to, but they don't go all out in explaining or walking through the quests in the links:

Here is the official ESO Wiki:

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife....art+Pact+Quests

The Elder Scrolls Wiki:

=http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Ebonheart_Pact_Quests

And the UESP Wiki, which surprisingly seems to be missing a few:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Ebonheart_Pact

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 12 2015, 09:58 PM
Post #3

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 12 2015, 04:27 PM) *

When I went to that portal I got attacked by those mean red monkees, but was really surprised not to have a boss fight, it was almost too easy compared to how hard it was to get into the mine before I got the disguise. I died there so many times - it is what taught me to resurrect at a wayshrine if the fight is impossible to win, lol.

Yeah, I mean through the portal in the last red lighted room inside the Oblivion realm. I didn’t see any red monkeys in there or any loot, just the sigil stone that you activate. I thought I might have missed something. Sounds like I missed a monkey fight. kvleft.gif

Jerric has gone through that bandit camp where you need the disguise many times. It took him three tries with new disguises each time to find all three clues, since he kept getting discovered. The first time they killed him very dead, but after that he learned how to haul ass out of there far enough to only have a couple to fight. Then he needed a bunch more disguises to figure out the mine and then the ruin, plus he accidentally cut through there several times on his way to different quests (oops). Now that he’s stronger he goes back there to kill bandits, pick up food, and help out other people who are about to die. viking.gif

Thank you for those links and the info, mALX! I think Jerric is about to finish the Bleakrock Isle quests. I’ll check to make sure he got them all before he goes.

Resurrecting at a wayshrine is also a handy way to get out of bad terrain or being completely lost, as we found out by accident when Jerric was eaten by slaughterfish while swimming around some cliffs. His gear suffered and so did his prde, but he laughed when he got the achievement “Slaughtered.” biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Grits: Jun 12 2015, 10:07 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 12 2015, 11:01 PM
Post #4

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 12 2015, 04:58 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 12 2015, 04:27 PM) *

Yeah, I mean through the portal in the last red lighted room inside the Oblivion realm. I didn’t see any red monkeys in there or any loot, just the sigil stone that you activate. I thought I might have missed something. Sounds like I missed a monkey fight. kvleft.gif

Jerric has gone through that bandit camp where you need the disguise many times. It took him three tries with new disguises each time to find all three clues, since he kept getting discovered. The first time they killed him very dead, but after that he learned how to haul ass out of there far enough to only have a couple to fight. Then he needed a bunch more disguises to figure out the mine and then the ruin, plus he accidentally cut through there several times on his way to different quests (oops). Now that he’s stronger he goes back there to kill bandits, pick up food, and help out other people who are about to die. viking.gif

Thank you for those links and the info, mALX! I think Jerric is about to finish the Bleakrock Isle quests. I’ll check to make sure he got them all before he goes.

Resurrecting at a wayshrine is also a handy way to get out of bad terrain or being completely lost, as we found out by accident when Jerric was eaten by slaughterfish while swimming around some cliffs. His gear suffered and so did his prde, but he laughed when he got the achievement “Slaughtered.” biggrin.gif

laugh.gif I know about not swimming, but a few times have miss-jumped ice floes and wound up in the water accidentally - jumped out asap, like Jaws was in there with me, lol. So far have not been bit!

That is so nice that he goes back and helps others there! That place cost me every filled soul gem I had, and I haven't learned any soul snare spells yet.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 13 2015, 12:45 AM
Post #5

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 12 2015, 06:01 PM) *

That is so nice that he goes back and helps others there! That place cost me every filled soul gem I had, and I haven't learned any soul snare spells yet.

Here’s a piece of good news: check your skills for the Soul Magic tree/line I think near the bottom. You should have already gotten Soul Trap without spending a skill point when you left Coldharbor, so now you just need to put it on your active bar and use it when you have an empty soul gem. Jerric has only found one gem so far. One! Yikes.

Jerric loves helping people. smile.gif Especially since strangers have saved his butt more than once!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 13 2015, 01:00 AM
Post #6

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 12 2015, 07:45 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 12 2015, 06:01 PM) *

Here’s a piece of good news: check your skills for the Soul Magic tree/line I think near the bottom. You should have already gotten Soul Trap without spending a skill point when you left Coldharbor, so now you just need to put it on your active bar and use it when you have an empty soul gem. Jerric has only found one gem so far. One! Yikes.

Jerric loves helping people. smile.gif Especially since strangers have saved his butt more than once!

Oh, thank you so much for the tip!

Misa only has one soul gem now too, an empty Petty one. Before that I must have had like 30 filled ones I must have gotten in Coldharbour, because I was loaded with them when I came out of there - and I didn't cast anything to fill them, so must have found them there.

Next character I start, I am spending time farming soul gems in Coldharbour, lol.

This post has been edited by mALX: Jun 13 2015, 01:01 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:04 AM