213 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Tamriel, ESO Character Updates and Stories
hazmick
post Jun 28 2015, 12:26 AM
Post #41

Mouth
Group Icon

Nightblade sounds pretty fun mALX, especially the health drain ability. Haa-Rei is a Sorcerer, focusing on Daedric Summoning.

As for the Legerdemain skills, it focuses on thief stuff like selling things to fences and bribing guards. Doesn't help with stealth unfortunately. You get experience for this by picking locks and stealing stuff.

Finally finished everything in High Rock so we have left the boring Bretons behind and entered Hammerfell. It's very hot, and dry, but we met some old friends from the very beginning of the Daggerfall Covenant questline, which was nice.

Discovered that Redguard custom forbids them from desecrating corpses, including those that have been reanimated. Enter necromancer cult who are throwing zombies around like it's going out of fashion, and Redguards who can't fight back. Fantastic.

Took a break from those minor problems though as Haa-Rei discovered a lizard racing circuit which was in danger of closing down. Yep, lizards are pretty popular here in the Alik'r desert. biggrin.gif Anyway, after purchasing his very own racing lizard Haa-Rei went on to win the lizard race and save the day.

Also found a water farm, which was really interesting. We've both decided that we quite like this place.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 28 2015, 08:12 AM
Post #42

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Jun 27 2015, 07:26 PM) *

Nightblade sounds pretty fun mALX, especially the health drain ability. Haa-Rei is a Sorcerer, focusing on Daedric Summoning.

As for the Legerdemain skills, it focuses on thief stuff like selling things to fences and bribing guards. Doesn't help with stealth unfortunately. You get experience for this by picking locks and stealing stuff.

Finally finished everything in High Rock so we have left the boring Bretons behind and entered Hammerfell. It's very hot, and dry, but we met some old friends from the very beginning of the Daggerfall Covenant questline, which was nice.

Discovered that Redguard custom forbids them from desecrating corpses, including those that have been reanimated. Enter necromancer cult who are throwing zombies around like it's going out of fashion, and Redguards who can't fight back. Fantastic.

Took a break from those minor problems though as Haa-Rei discovered a lizard racing circuit which was in danger of closing down. Yep, lizards are pretty popular here in the Alik'r desert. biggrin.gif Anyway, after purchasing his very own racing lizard Haa-Rei went on to win the lizard race and save the day.

Also found a water farm, which was really interesting. We've both decided that we quite like this place.

My redguard thief is in Daggerfall too, and has also been dealing with the necromancers to a certain extent. More than that he has been honing his skills as a thief.

He learned his lesson from that first arrest, and was much more careful about watching to make sure he was not detected before opening up any dressers or cupboards this time.

The second place he robbed was the Palace of Daggerfall. Actually, he had no intention of robbing the place when he first entered, but the whole way up the steps the Palace Guard was yelling "Steel! Steel!" - Bubba couldn't spell, he thought they were yelling, "Steal, Steal!" So he did - but this time with extreme caution.

He left the Palace overburdoned with loot; but as soon as he stepped out the door the Palace Guard yelled their "STEEL!" battlecry - Bubba was overwrought with nerves and accidentally shot off a spell, hitting one of the Palace Guard at the top of the steps.

Their reaction was instantaneous, they killed Bubba immediately. The thing is, they never detected the stolen goods, only the attack on them; so when he resurrected at the Wayshrine (which coincidentally is quite near the Outlaw gang hideout) - he was still overladen with the loot.

He immediately hurried in the Outlaw cave and fenced the loot, netting well over 1000 gold. Since that day Bubba had been primarily stealing for a living; and had been netting between 1000-2000 gold per day. He had already increased his bank account 10 slots, bought a 10 slot backpack; been feeding his horse for carrying capacity; and has been stuffing money into Misa's bank account for her to spend on anything she wants or needs (since she was nice enough to let him use her bank account while he was in Tamriel).

Then circumstances occurred that caused Bubba to be in the Palace robbing it on the day assassins came to kill the High King. Bubba crept up behind the assassins that were attacking the king and killed them.

The King was extremely grateful and gave Bubba his best sword, and allowed him to take anything in the Palace that he wished.

That incident changed everything for Bubba, suddenly the people in town were treating him with respect instead of the derogatory comments they had been pelting him with every time he walked the streets. It has left him wondering if he wants to (or can) continue his life of crime. He is known on sight now.

This post has been edited by mALX: Jun 28 2015, 08:23 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Jun 29 2015, 04:00 AM
Post #43

Mouth
Group Icon

Poor Bubba, the crime and punishment system makes it pretty difficult to make a go of thieving.

Haa-Rei finished up in the Alik'r desert, and has moved to Bangkorai. It's half in Hammerfell and half in High Rock so we can travel from desert to countryside pretty easily. Levelling up is still proving difficult, and he's encountering more things he's not tough enough to complete. Lots of them seem to be geared towards groups.

I hate hate hate hate hate it when games essentially block things off for solo players. Haa-Rei is missing out on exploring a huge Dwemer ruin and getting a Dwemer Spider pet just because he doesn't have friends to play with? Ridiculous. mad.gif

Not everything is rage inducingly frustrating though, as Haa-Rei found the style guides for Barbaric items and Dwemer chest armor. Apparently all the Dwemer pieces require their own separate book instead of a single race armor book. Probably trying to encourage people to fork out for the Dwemer guide in the crown store (which costs around £30!)

This post has been edited by hazmick: Jun 29 2015, 04:01 AM

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 29 2015, 09:45 PM
Post #44

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Jun 28 2015, 11:00 PM) *

Poor Bubba, the crime and punishment system makes it pretty difficult to make a go of thieving.

Haa-Rei finished up in the Alik'r desert, and has moved to Bangkorai. It's half in Hammerfell and half in High Rock so we can travel from desert to countryside pretty easily. Levelling up is still proving difficult, and he's encountering more things he's not tough enough to complete. Lots of them seem to be geared towards groups.

I hate hate hate hate hate it when games essentially block things off for solo players. Haa-Rei is missing out on exploring a huge Dwemer ruin and getting a Dwemer Spider pet just because he doesn't have friends to play with? Ridiculous. mad.gif

Not everything is rage inducingly frustrating though, as Haa-Rei found the style guides for Barbaric items and Dwemer chest armor. Apparently all the Dwemer pieces require their own separate book instead of a single race armor book. Probably trying to encourage people to fork out for the Dwemer guide in the crown store (which costs around £30!)

The group dungeons are set at the level of the group's leader, so set the leader as the lowest ranked member of the group.

I have seen vids of people doing group only dungeons solo (as a group of one) - like "Fungal Grotto," which is a "Group 4 Minimum" dungeon. But they let a solo in, and he got through. Have you tried to enter and actually been blocked? Is there a quest related to entering the dungeon?

If Haa Rei can wait a bit and doesn't mind having a thief as a friend, Bubba is in High Rock and has reached level 10. He can't handle a veteran dungeon; but can take one a few levels above him.

Bubba had to rescue a platoon from werewolves last night; and got badly mauled enough times that he was worried about whether or not he would find himself growing fur and fangs!

So I spent quite a few hours this morning pouring over every article I could find to make sure Bubba hadn't caught anything urghy. From what I've read, he is safe.

From what I've read; at a much higher level (like 32) and after being attacked by a rare type of werewolf - the Player is "invited" to a ceremony in Hircine's realm; where if they seek his gift they must bring one to him (like Darkness Eternal's Vera had to do in his story).

Hircine doesn't want a puny gift, you go out hunting in his woods and get attacked by plenty of regular sized creatures; but that would just anger Hircine if you brought it as an "offering."

There are three major creatures you can kill that will please Hircine; one of them is a troll. I think one is a mammoth, and I don't know what the third is. The vid I saw showed the troll.

When you have killed the beast, you have to howl for Hircine's pack to come share in the feeding. If the kill is worthy, they will come and feed with you on the carcass and that pleases Hircine. You are accepted by his followers, and become one of his pack.

There is some easy way to keep from becoming a werewolf, I'm studying it and Bubba is going to take that cure just in case - because I find it hard to believe that only one certain rare breed of werewolf can pass on the taint, I think it would be all werewolves - so Bubba is going to treat his injuries with extreme caution and precautions.

This post has been edited by mALX: Jun 29 2015, 09:45 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Jun 30 2015, 12:02 AM
Post #45

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 29 2015, 09:45 PM) *

Have you tried to enter and actually been blocked? Is there a quest related to entering the dungeon?

I find it hard to believe that only one certain rare breed of werewolf can pass on the taint, I think it would be all werewolves - so Bubba is going to treat his injuries with extreme caution and precautions.

We can get in the dungeons, but it's just too difficult, and with too many enemies. It's scaled to Haa-Rei's level but even then he can't take six people at once - even with his clannfear, twilight, and storm atronach helping out. There are barely any other players around in the veteran areas, even if we wanted to group with strangers. The enemy attack seems to shoot up once you hit veteran levels, since we sauntered through a public dungeon in Black Marsh at level 30 or so without any problems.

As for werewolf stuff - there are only a certain few werewolves to contract the disease from. They spawn at 1 or 2 set locations for each alliance and you can only get the disease during a full moon. Once you get the disease a quest appears and branches off into "becoming a werewolf" or "getting a cure". Not sure what the cure involves, but becoming a werewolf is fun. Either way, Bubba has nothing to worry about. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 30 2015, 10:52 PM
Post #46

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Jun 29 2015, 07:02 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 29 2015, 09:45 PM) *

Have you tried to enter and actually been blocked? Is there a quest related to entering the dungeon?

I find it hard to believe that only one certain rare breed of werewolf can pass on the taint, I think it would be all werewolves - so Bubba is going to treat his injuries with extreme caution and precautions.

We can get in the dungeons, but it's just too difficult, and with too many enemies. It's scaled to Haa-Rei's level but even then he can't take six people at once - even with his clannfear, twilight, and storm atronach helping out. There are barely any other players around in the veteran areas, even if we wanted to group with strangers. The enemy attack seems to shoot up once you hit veteran levels, since we sauntered through a public dungeon in Black Marsh at level 30 or so without any problems.

As for werewolf stuff - there are only a certain few werewolves to contract the disease from. They spawn at 1 or 2 set locations for each alliance and you can only get the disease during a full moon. Once you get the disease a quest appears and branches off into "becoming a werewolf" or "getting a cure". Not sure what the cure involves, but becoming a werewolf is fun. Either way, Bubba has nothing to worry about. smile.gif

OMG, I just found out what you meant by that! I just got attacked in a big outdoor area by a mage boss guarding a skyshard - one hit did over 3900 damage!!! Bubba died instantly, of course - no one could survive that!

I couldn't get past them to get the skyshard, finally sneaked in from the other side and once I had it - didn't matter if he killed me, I just resurrected at a wayshrine but still had my extra skill point, lol.

Fungal Grotto is the same way though; from what I've read the boss enemies there deal 4000-5000 damage - even in a group you can't survive even one hit from that, no one will make it no matter what! What gives with that?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jul 1 2015, 12:24 AM
Post #47

Councilor
Group Icon

Not sure what the cure involves, but becoming a werewolf is fun.

Is that Haa Rei?! ohmy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 1 2015, 12:36 AM
Post #48

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 30 2015, 07:24 PM) *

Not sure what the cure involves, but becoming a werewolf is fun.

Is that Haa Rei?! ohmy.gif

GAAAAAAAAH!!! I didn't even think of that! Is it? BWAAHAA!!!!

Bubba just reached level 11, he has gotten every skyshard in the mainland of Daggerfall but done very few quests, lol. (other than saving the King).

He did see some of those crocodiles and killed two of them. Now he is going to start doing some of the quests.

This post has been edited by mALX: Jul 1 2015, 12:37 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jul 1 2015, 12:41 AM
Post #49

Councilor
Group Icon

I’ve seen a few werewolves running around Davon’s Watch and howling to advertise themselves. Apparently vampire and werewolf players can turn one willing player each week by biting them a certain way, and since a lot of people want the benefits for PvP there is quite a market for bites.

Congrats to Bubba on his leveling! Has saving the king inspired him to change his ways?

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 1 2015, 12:56 AM
Post #50

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 30 2015, 07:41 PM) *

I’ve seen a few werewolves running around Davon’s Watch and howling to advertise themselves. Apparently vampire and werewolf players can turn one willing player each week by biting them a certain way, and since a lot of people want the benefits for PvP there is quite a market for bites.

Congrats to Bubba on his leveling! Has saving the king inspired him to change his ways?

In the short run, but his need for more inventory room drove him back to a life of crime where he could afford to pay the bank and buy bigger packs.

I don't understand why if you are allowed 8 characters, that they all have to use the same bank account - that kind of makes no sense. 60 inventory slots for one character is fine, but when you have eight characters why should they all have to use one account?

And 10 slots in a backpack is 400, 2000, 5000, etc. - 10 slots in the bank is 1000, 3500, etc. The horses only bring you up one slot at a time when you feed them, and as far as I know you can only feed one at a time - I need to check that out. Because there have been plenty of times I had 1500 sitting in my pocket waiting to be able to buy horse feed at 250 per slot.

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Jul 1 2015, 01:34 AM
Post #51

Mouth
Group Icon

Of course! Haa-Rei's been a werewolf since the Bloodmoon expansion back in the day, then again in Skyrim, so it only made sense to keep it going. Getting sick of people messaging me asking to turn them though kvleft.gif

The struggle for inventory and bank space is certainly something I feel. I constantly have to destroy items so I can get quest rewards and finish the quest, even with 107 inventory spaces. My bank is just full of crafting stuff, but there's still loads since I'm doing woodwork AND clothing.

Haa-Rei went to Cyrodiil today, since there was a battle going on near one of the Ebonheart's forts. It was fun, but it took ages to get to the battle from the nearest respawn point and we got bored pretty quickly. Back to Bangkorai, and we're fighting Reachmen necromancers. Fun fun fun.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 1 2015, 02:21 AM
Post #52

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Jun 30 2015, 08:34 PM) *

Of course! Haa-Rei's been a werewolf since the Bloodmoon expansion back in the day, then again in Skyrim, so it only made sense to keep it going. Getting sick of people messaging me asking to turn them though kvleft.gif

The struggle for inventory and bank space is certainly something I feel. I constantly have to destroy items so I can get quest rewards and finish the quest, even with 107 inventory spaces. My bank is just full of crafting stuff, but there's still loads since I'm doing woodwork AND clothing.

Haa-Rei went to Cyrodiil today, since there was a battle going on near one of the Ebonheart's forts. It was fun, but it took ages to get to the battle from the nearest respawn point and we got bored pretty quickly. Back to Bangkorai, and we're fighting Reachmen necromancers. Fun fun fun.

I'll bet being a werewolf helped Haa Rei level up quickly, they seem to be almost indestructible!

Have you found any skyshards in Cyrodiil yet? And if so, were there Players waiting to pounce on you when you tried to get near them?

I've got 83 slots in my inventory and 83 at the bank, buying up as quickly as the gold comes in. But yeah, I've got armor and weapons waiting to be researched; crafting items, etc. in the bank and always having to destroy items to pick up quest rewards or good enchanted items while out dungeon crawling.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jul 1 2015, 03:11 AM
Post #53

Councilor
Group Icon

Of course! Haa-Rei's been a werewolf since the Bloodmoon expansion back in the day, then again in Skyrim, so it only made sense to keep it going.

I just learned something about Haa Rei! biggrin.gif

Jerric has been very lonely, which is funny for a multi-player game. He developed a major crush on this hot Dunmeri badass (NPC) who kept calling him ‘hero’ throughout their association. She says they’ll meet again. She’s an assassin, but Jerric didn’t seem to think she meant anything sinister when she said that.

Before the assassin he was recklessly and fruitlessly flirting with a lovely alchemist-in-peril. He even got to impress her by correctly brewing her potion when they worked together to save some important guy’s life. After that quest was over he kept going back to “check on her.” hubbahubba.gif Which went exactly nowhere, but not for a lack of his trying.

I’m not sure if it’s related to these developments, but Lildereth suddenly couldn’t wait for her turn to tour Tamriel. While still in the Wailing Prison she collected a bow and a Nord-approved outfit plus she found the recipe Jerric has been searching for so he can complete his provisioning writ. They are in separate factions but share a bank account, so I’m sure they’ll find a way to communicate. Darnand is next. He doesn’t want to wait either.

They’re going to split up the crafting. Great for skill point conservation, not so great for bank space. Darnand is anxious to get his hands on some enchanting runes. It’s going to annoy him that he has to go questing to get the points for his crafting. laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 1 2015, 03:31 AM
Post #54

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 30 2015, 10:11 PM) *

Of course! Haa-Rei's been a werewolf since the Bloodmoon expansion back in the day, then again in Skyrim, so it only made sense to keep it going.

I just learned something about Haa Rei! biggrin.gif

Jerric has been very lonely, which is funny for a multi-player game. He developed a major crush on this hot Dunmeri badass (NPC) who kept calling him ‘hero’ throughout their association. She says they’ll meet again. She’s an assassin, but Jerric didn’t seem to think she meant anything sinister when she said that.

Before the assassin he was recklessly and fruitlessly flirting with a lovely alchemist-in-peril. He even got to impress her by correctly brewing her potion when they worked together to save some important guy’s life. After that quest was over he kept going back to “check on her.” hubbahubba.gif Which went exactly nowhere, but not for a lack of his trying.

I’m not sure if it’s related to these developments, but Lildereth suddenly couldn’t wait for her turn to tour Tamriel. While still in the Wailing Prison she collected a bow and a Nord-approved outfit plus she found the recipe Jerric has been searching for so he can complete his provisioning writ. They are in separate factions but share a bank account, so I’m sure they’ll find a way to communicate. Darnand is next. He doesn’t want to wait either.

They’re going to split up the crafting. Great for skill point conservation, not so great for bank space. Darnand is anxious to get his hands on some enchanting runes. It’s going to annoy him that he has to go questing to get the points for his crafting. laugh.gif

Lildereth !!! WOO HOO !!!!!!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 1 2015, 04:02 AM
Post #55

Ancient
Group Icon

Lil's new outfit looks very Nord approved! But from the scowl on the face of the guy behind her, he is obviously not a Nord! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 1 2015, 12:59 PM
Post #56

Paladin
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 30 2015, 07:31 PM) *
Lildereth !!! WOO HOO !!!!!!!!

What she said! So nice to see our raven-haired Bosmeri Beauty in ESO-land!

I'm very interested to hear her observations on Sorc with bow vs Nightblade with bow as far as class choice.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Jul 1 2015, 02:04 PM
Post #57

Mouth
Group Icon

Haa-Rei knows the assassin you're talking about, and agrees wholeheartedly with Jerric wub.gif If that's the alchemist I'm thinking of, then the sister of the important guy you help save is also very lovely.

It'll be interesting to see how different things will be for Lildereth, from a story standpoint as well as gameplay.

Haa-Rei is likewise taking a day off today, or at least the afternoon off. I haven't decided who to send into ESO yet though.

This post has been edited by hazmick: Jul 1 2015, 02:04 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 1 2015, 06:37 PM
Post #58

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Jul 1 2015, 09:04 AM) *

Haa-Rei knows the assassin you're talking about, and agrees wholeheartedly with Jerric wub.gif If that's the alchemist I'm thinking of, then the sister of the important guy you help save is also very lovely.

It'll be interesting to see how different things will be for Lildereth, from a story standpoint as well as gameplay.

Haa-Rei is likewise taking a day off today, or at least the afternoon off. I haven't decided who to send into ESO yet though.

Haa Rei is taking a break? I don't think I've done the quest you two are talking about yet.

Oh - Ebonheart Pact - the area is lush with crafting ingredients; Daggerfall looks pretty and should have plenty, but it is barren in comparison as far as finding ingredients in the wild. And it rains every day, and the guards shout every time someone nears them = "Honor and Steel!" - really doubt I'll start another character here.

I do plan to start one in the Aldmeri and check it out too.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jul 1 2015, 06:49 PM
Post #59

Councilor
Group Icon

Jerric is in the Ebonheart Pact, Lil is in the Aldmeri Dominion, and Darnand just washed ashore in Daggerfall. So far Daggerfall looks exactly like I imagined it. Darnand who is from Chorrol feels right at home there.

Lil is getting a lot of attention from other players. One guy ran past her, turned around and ran past her again, then got in front of her and walked backwards facing her all the way to the bank. This could get old.

Lil is a Nightblade and Darnand is a Sorcerer, so I’ll be comparing notes between the two of them with a stealth archer in mind. I’m a little worried about Lil. This is my favorite incarnation of her yet, but Jerric’s experience (and hers so far) have been all about smashing things and blowing them up. That suits Darnand pretty well, but Lil likes things to be a little quieter. It may be that she simply ignores most of the quests.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 1 2015, 07:11 PM
Post #60

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jul 1 2015, 01:49 PM) *

Jerric is in the Ebonheart Pact, Lil is in the Aldmeri Dominion, and Darnand just washed ashore in Daggerfall. So far Daggerfall looks exactly like I imagined it. Darnand who is from Chorrol feels right at home there.

Lil is getting a lot of attention from other players. One guy ran past her, turned around and ran past her again, then got in front of her and walked backwards facing her all the way to the bank. This could get old.

Lil is a Nightblade and Darnand is a Sorcerer, so I’ll be comparing notes between the two of them with a stealth archer in mind. I’m a little worried about Lil. This is my favorite incarnation of her yet, but Jerric’s experience (and hers so far) have been all about smashing things and blowing them up. That suits Darnand pretty well, but Lil likes things to be a little quieter. It may be that she simply ignores most of the quests.

It is possible the person has read your story and wondered-recognized Lildereth. Did you watch the chat box to see if they tried to speak with you? And if they ask to join you or friend you it shows up fairly small on the bottom of the screen, I've almost missed those messages a few times.

--------------------
+Quote Post

213 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:51 AM