Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

44 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ESO tips & tricks, Looking for help with ESO? This is the right thread for you!
Acadian
post Sep 6 2016, 08:06 PM
Post #21

Paladin
Group Icon

It surely does apply to costumes! After hazmick mentioned that, I got another set of costumes that have real potential without the headgear. Not only can I lose the headgear but I can dye them as well. Those discoveries go a long way toward allowing me to ignore what her armor underneath actually looks like as she grows into higher level/mismatching/uglier sets.

From what I can tell, the Bosmer bottom of the line rawhide medium armor is the best looking for Buffy of the lot. Even upgrading to hide is a step down appearance-wise. Happily costumes are the cure!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 6 2016, 08:17 PM
Post #22

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 6 2016, 03:06 PM) *

It surely does apply to costumes! After hazmick mentioned that, I got another set of costumes that have real potential without the headgear. Not only can I lose the headgear but I can dye them as well. Those discoveries go a long way toward allowing me to ignore what her armor underneath actually looks like as she grows into higher level/mismatching/uglier sets.

From what I can tell, the Bosmer bottom of the line rawhide medium armor is the best looking for Buffy of the lot. Even upgrading to hide is a step down appearance-wise. Happily costumes are the cure!

Those clothes Calia was trying on for Buffy are all clothing items that Bubba stole from various places and "laundered" so the girls could have some casual outfits and dresses for hanging out "around town," (AKA: The Daggerfall Crown Store) laugh.gif

I am seriously going to make my girls those Argonian shorts and Bosmer top - just for something to hang around town in that looks cute and casual.

This post has been edited by mALX: Sep 6 2016, 08:19 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 6 2016, 09:14 PM
Post #23

Councilor
Group Icon

Acadian, Lil still has her Rawhide Bosmer medium armor in its original buckskin colors and her Hide set dyed in her favorite shades of green to wear when she’s not in too much danger. To me the very first set of Rawhide still looks the best. Even Jerric who pays little attention to his appearance has some costumes that he will wear when his armor looks outlandish or otherwise inappropriate. (That’s how he ended up without chest armor in a very bad place. Lesson learned ! laugh.gif ) I think the costume system is genius and just getting better with the new hairstyles, body paints, eyelashes, and other adornments that are coming.

mALX, that Bosmer top with Argonian shorts looks very cute! Jerric used to wear shorts like that for fishing. He called them his fishing garters, lol. “Daggerfall Crown Store,” ha!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 6 2016, 10:26 PM
Post #24

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Sep 6 2016, 04:14 PM) *

Acadian, Lil still has her Rawhide Bosmer medium armor in its original buckskin colors and her Hide set dyed in her favorite shades of green to wear when she’s not in too much danger. To me the very first set of Rawhide still looks the best. Even Jerric who pays little attention to his appearance has some costumes that he will wear when his armor looks outlandish or otherwise inappropriate. (That’s how he ended up without chest armor in a very bad place. Lesson learned ! laugh.gif ) I think the costume system is genius and just getting better with the new hairstyles, body paints, eyelashes, and other adornments that are coming.

mALX, that Bosmer top with Argonian shorts looks very cute! Jerric used to wear shorts like that for fishing. He called them his fishing garters, lol. “Daggerfall Crown Store,” ha!!

Those hairstyles; can you get hair for a race now that the game doesn't offer? Like Blonde for Bosmer or Red for Imperials? Because if so, I may spend the crowns for that!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 6 2016, 10:49 PM
Post #25

Councilor
Group Icon

Nope, their hair color stays the same and you just change the style. They say that race and gender restrictions are the same as at character creation, but I’d swear that there were more styles available for Lildereth than before. Not new styles, just styles from other races. And Jerric could use some of the Redguard styles that I don’t think he could use at character creation.

I wish Imperials could have red hair. The closest I could get for Rowan is a sort of medium auburn.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 6 2016, 10:54 PM
Post #26

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Sep 6 2016, 05:49 PM) *

Nope, their hair color stays the same and you just change the style. They say that race and gender restrictions are the same as at character creation, but I’d swear that there were more styles available for Lildereth than before. Not new styles, just styles from other races. And Jerric could use some of the Redguard styles that I don’t think he could use at character creation.

I wish Imperials could have red hair. The closest I could get for Rowan is a sort of medium auburn.

Yeah, Calia's hair looks strawberry blonde instead of red.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 10 2016, 12:47 AM
Post #27

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 3 2016, 09:53 AM) *

I'm confused about weapon enchantments. Do they take effect with every strike?

The reason I ask is because of two weapon traits -
Charge says it increases your chance to apply status effects by X%. I would have thought the weapon simply applied the charge on every strike?
Infused says (in part) ...and reduces enchantment cooldown by X%. Cooldown for a weapon enchantment?

If they don't take effect simply on every shot and I can't unnock an arrow to save charges and they do eat soul gems to stay charged, I'm wondering if I might prefer enchantless bows. . . . wacko.gif I'm hoping that there is something I don't understand.

Charge increasing the status effects just means that (whatever enchantment you have on that weapon) = it won't use up its charges as quicky; won't require charging as often. I normally don't waste a trait on this, just carry enough soul gems to cover recharging my weapons as needed.

On the reducing the cooldown: Some weapon enchants will say something along the lines of “this can only occur every X seconds”, so for these, it will reduce the value of X.

If you enchant your weapon for things like "Crusher," "Rage," "Hardening," or "Weakening" - that cooldown applies. (I never use these enchantments, usually just use them for researching traits or deconstructing when I get them in loot).

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 11 2016, 02:13 AM
Post #28

Councilor
Group Icon

mALX, take another look at the Charged trait. It used to just save you on soul gems for recharging, but in the Dark Brotherhood update they changed it to increase the chance to apply status effects.

Here’s a snip from the patch notes, base game section:

~~~

Item Trait Improvements

Item Traits have undergone revision to improve the viability and balance of each Trait. Some Traits have received complete redesigns, other Traits have gained new effects and bonuses, while some other Traits have simply received better number tuning.

• Weapons

o Charged: This trait now increases your chance to apply status effects instead of increasing the amount of enchantment charges on your weapon.

o Defending: This trait now increases your Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by flat values instead of percentages.

o Infused: This trait now also reduces the cooldown on your weapon enchantment in addition to increasing its damage.

o Intricate: This trait now also increases the amount of refined materials you obtain whenever you deconstruct the weapon, in addition to increasing the amount of inspiration gained.

o Nirnhoned: This trait now increases the damage of the weapon.

o Powered: This trait now increases your healing done instead of reducing the cooldown on your weapon enchantment.

o Sharpened: This trait now increases your Physical Penetration and Spell Penetration by flat values instead of percentages.

o Training: This trait now increases all experience gained from all kills by a percentage instead of increasing your weapon skill line experience only.

o Weighted: This trait now grants you a chance to gain additional Ultimate whenever you generate Ultimate normally, and has been renamed to Decisive.

• Armor

o Exploration: This trait now increases all gold gained from monster kills instead of increasing exploration experience gained, and has been renamed to Prosperous.

o Impenetrable: This trait now also reduces the durability damage taken of the item, in addition to reducing the damage taken from Critical Hits.

o Intricate: This trait now also increases the amount of refined materials you obtain whenever you deconstruct the armor, in addition to increasing the amount of inspiration gained.

o Nirnhoned: This trait now increases Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by a flat value.

o Sturdy: This trait now reduces the cost of Block.

o Training: This trait now increases all experience gained from all kills by a percentage, instead of increasing your armor skill line experience only.

o Well-fitted: This trait now also reduces the cost of Roll Dodge, in addition to reducing the cost of Sprint.

~~~

Here's a link to the whole thing: DB Update Patch Notes

Jerric is a big fan of the new Well-fitted!

This post has been edited by Grits: Sep 11 2016, 02:15 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 11 2016, 04:08 PM
Post #29

Ancient
Group Icon

Status Effects is not the same thing as the damage though. It will always do the damage it says it will; but not always give the "Status Effects."

Example: Frost slows with a chance to freeze in place, lightning has a chance to stun, etc.

It is dependent on the weapon’s enchantment; like if your sword or bow is enchanted with fire = every time the fire enchant adds damage there is a % chance it produces an additional burning DoT.

But every time you strike, the enemy is getting fire damage unless they are immune to fire. In that case they only take the basic damage the weapon offers.

There are numerous enemies immune to fire and especially cold; and some immune to shock. There is an enchantment that does "Irresistible" damage; or you can use an "Absorb Health;" which bypasses immunity plus gives you a source of healing while in combat. (Which is what I use).

ELEMENTAL STATUSES:

Chilled - Applies Snared i.e. slows movement speed by 40% for 5 sec. Chance to proc from any frost damage (frost staff, frost enchants, Ice Comet (mages guild)).

Concussion - Applies Minor Maim i.e. reduces damage done by 15% for 4 sec. Animation: electric sparkles. Chance to proc from any lightning damage (sorcerer storm calling spells, lightning staff and shock enchants).

Burning - Flame damage over time for 3 sec (tics 3 times, every 1,5sec). Chance to proc from any flame damage (dragon knight ardent flame skills, flame staff and flame enchants).

DISABLING EFFECTS: complete loss of control of the character

Knocked Down – Totally disabled: knocked to the ground and cannot move or perform actions (duration varies between spells, 2-3.5 seconds). During knocked down status one cannot be pulled or knocked back. Example: Crystal Shard (sorcerer), stonefist (DK).

Stunned – Unable to move, attack, or perform any actions, susceptible to further cc during stun. Example: Shield Charge (1H&S), Toppling Charge (Templar).

Off balance - Short disable that breaks on damage taken AND vulnerability to Heavy Attack (even partially charged) causing Knocked Down. Off balance vulnerability lasts regardless of damage taken for 4 sec unless utilized by heavy attack sooner. Animation: White glowing circle/spiral above head. Blocking enemy’s heavy melee attack or interrupting an enemy cast knocks them off balance and opens them to your Heavy attack and consecutive Knocked Down effect. Also is an effect from many class and weapon skills.

Disoriented – Long but fragile disable (cannot move/perform action) that will break from any damage taken. From many class and weapon spells, Rune Prison (sorcerer), Shock Touch (shock staff), Scatter shot (bow).

Silenced – Unable to cast spells, can move and use physical attacks. From Negate Magic (sorcerer). Countered by Immovable (heavy armor skill), Break free or moving out of the area.

Feared – Running away from the caster unable to perform any actions. Example: Aspect of Terror (Nightblade), Turn Undead (Fighter’s Guild), Roar (Werewolf).

Pull – Pulled to the caster, while in air unable to perform any actions. Examples: Silver leash (Fighter’s Guild), Fiery Grip (DK). Counts as hard cc as it triggers immunity on target in pvp.

Knockback - Pushed away from caster for 5 meters. Note: Spells can have Knockback in conjunction with other status effects like a knock down/stun/disorient effect (like Binding Javelin, Fire Clench, Scatter Shot), or as a plain knockback (like Piercing Javelin or Fire Touch).

SOFT CC: hinder movement (flying creatures are immune to these)

Immobile – Rooted i.e. unable to move, but can attack/perform actions. For example: Dark talons (DK), Encase (sorcerer), Stampede (2h). Note: Frost Touch (frost staff) has Deep freeze and Deeper freeze effects that seem to be equal to an immobilize, but an elemental effect.

Snared - Slowed movement speed, but can perform attacks or other actions. Percentage varying between spells? Animation: cloudy effect around feet. Example: Low Slash (1H&S), Sun Fire (Templar).

OTHER:

Taunted – Forced to attack you (PvE only) for 15 sec. Only from Puncture (1H&S) and Inner Fire (Undaunted) and their morphs.

Blind - Raised chance to miss, percentage varies from spell to spell. Removed from player abilities, but some NPCs use it. Also available as armor set bonus (Akatosh's blessed armor).
Bleed - Physical damage over time, most commonly 10 sec. From passive traits for axes and some weapon attacks.

Poisoned - Poison damage over time for 12 sec (tics 7 times every 2 sec, damage per tic approximately half of burning tic). Chance to proc from poison damage (poison enchants and certain weapon attacks such as Venom arrow or Lethal Arrow (Bow). Note: Poison is often applied in conjunction with healing reduction effect, but is a separate effect.

Diseased - Applies Minor Defile debuff for couple of seconds that reduces healing taken by 15% (suggested to be reduced health regeneration too). Animation: green cloud and health bar has inward arrowheads. Chance to proc from any disease damage (meat bag siege catapults, werewolf infectious claws and foul weapon enchants).

Immovability – “Immunity to knockback and disabling effects”, does not affect soft cc. Animation effect: swirling wind around the character). Gained when hard CC ends (naturally or when broken/reflected), from activating Immovable (heavy armour skill) or from potions.

WHAT CAN YOU DO TO NEGATE STATUS EFFECTS IF THEY ARE USED ON YOU:

Break Free – costs stamina; removes stun, disorient, knockdown, also get 5 sec Immovability.

Dodge – costs stamina (cheaper than CCbreak), breaks soft cc i.e. immobilize, may avoid aoe.

Cleanse/Purge/Purify – Removes negative effects. Templar synergy or AvA support spell, Dark Cloak (NB).

Block - negates any attempt to CC, even if you take partial damage from the attack itself. NO Immovability effect after.

Reflect – negates attempt to CC and gives the effect to its caster instead, get Immovability. From Defensive

Posture (1h&s), Reflective scale (DK), some armor set bonuses.

Invisibility (potion or NB cloak) - avoid projectiles/ targeted CC completely if timed correctly, but does not prevent aoe effects hitting.

Snare Break – Remove snare. Example: Forward momentum (2H).

This post has been edited by mALX: Sep 11 2016, 04:27 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 11 2016, 05:10 PM
Post #30

Ancient
Group Icon

Oh wait; if you look the "Infused" up instead of "Charged" it talks about a "Cooldown" - looking that up does talk about what you are referring to:

Weapons can have those enchantments on them, like "deal 40 fire damage" -

In ESO such effects don't happen with every single attack you perform, since it would ruin PvP (everyone would just use very fast light attacks instead of heavy combat)

So the game uses an "internal cooldown" for how often those effects can trigger to mathematically normalize the effect vs the given attack speed.

(So you were right, Acadian!!!)

From what I read; the actual cooldown is around 4 seconds, so your fire weapon will trigger the fire damage effect every 4 seconds of your attack. (which is what my poison armor bonus was doing; but the enemy was dying on the first hit unless they were boss fights - so the cooldown didn't matter)

The enchant "Infused" will now reduce this cooldown by 1 second, so it can trigger every 3 seconds instead of 4; plus it increases the effects of the enchantment.

Truthfully - I've never been able to tell because the absorb health has always kept my bow or swords glowing steadily in combat; and my Character's arms glow when she has been injured and the weapon is healing her; so - hasn't effected my combat that I could see.

I normally use Precise; Sharpened; or Infused on my weapon traits; always have. They are just right for me, for my combat style.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 11 2016, 05:17 PM
Post #31

Paladin
Group Icon

Thanks for that cool down info. That all makes sense now. smile.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 11 2016, 05:29 PM
Post #32

Councilor
Group Icon

mALX, thanks for the follow-up! I like Infused while a character is struggling with resource management. Infused trait with an Absorb enchantment helps a lot.

Jerric has a looted Infused sword that was already enchanted with Absorb Stamina. He would have chosen to use Absorb Magicka or Absorb Health, but with his roll-dodge and bashing buffs and that sword he is a maniac at melee range. He could hardly take down river trolls until he started using it, they would heal too fast. Now they are still a horrendously grueling battle and best avoided, but he can manage it.

That’s a great discussion of status effects. I wish I could find a player’s guide that has been updated with info for alchemical poisons. I can’t figure out if alchemical poison is treated the same way as the other poison effects as far as synergy with traits and Champion Points.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 11 2016, 05:34 PM
Post #33

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Sep 10 2016, 09:13 PM) *

Jerric is a big fan of the new Well-fitted!

I like Well-fitted too; but I notice that description doesn't include the cost of sneaking!

Whenever they talk about "improvements" I read it as "F'n up my game." Exploration was a good trait, Prosperous is ridiculous and useless. A lot of people went through a lot of expense buying armor to help them gain XP and now are stuck with a little extra gold in chests and a big FU for their time researching that trait.

Same with the upcoming "scaling the world to the Player's level" so Players will no longer be able to obtain mats under their level UNLESS THEY DO WRITS; where they will gain low level stuff as a reward? That makes absolutely NO sense.

They already have the low level mats in select areas (starter zones); and the mats increase with the difficulty of the areas. So in order to make "One Tamriel" where people could travel around and do different areas they felt the need to make every enemy at the Players current level; okay - but the plants and trees too? Why? It is just plain stupid, like they didn't know when to rein in their ideas and are taking this too far.

Numerous times since I have been playing this game I have wished they would just stop screwing with it. It was such a perfect and fun game when I started playing it a year ago, and most of the changes they have made other than the DLC have not enhanced the game at all - just the opposite. They keep tweaking and fiddling till they ruin the awesome game they created.

Someone needs to remind them that "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 11 2016, 05:37 PM
Post #34

Ancient
Group Icon

Well-Fitted? Is that a Pr0N Star talent? wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 11 2016, 05:52 PM
Post #35

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 11 2016, 12:17 PM) *

Thanks for that cool down info. That all makes sense now. smile.gif

I wonder if games have always used them and we never knew it, lol.

Sorry for the wrong info I gave on that; I had no idea they would do something like that without a disclosure in the description; especially since they did disclose it in some other places.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 11 2016, 05:54 PM
Post #36

Councilor
Group Icon

Rosa, you can guess why Jerric is a fan of it! laugh.gif

mALX, I suspect that they will eventually change the way they have re-done resource nodes. I liked being able to collect materials for the next level of gear while adventuring so that my crafters can have a set ready as soon as someone levels up. For example Aninah has been collecting Hide while wearing Rawhide from adventuring in the next area. Now she will have to wait until she can wear the new stuff before she can find the mats for it, but on the plus side she will find Leather and Cotton wherever she is as soon as she’s able to wear it.

Crafting for friends will be an issue. It will be easy for the friend to collect their own crafting materials and pass them to the crafter, but surprise gifts are going to be hard to pull off once everyone works through their materials stash. Maybe players will use Guild banks more to offer free deconstructible gear for mats instead of selling it for practically nothing.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 11 2016, 05:55 PM
Post #37

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Sep 11 2016, 12:29 PM) *

mALX, thanks for the follow-up! I like Infused while a character is struggling with resource management. Infused trait with an Absorb enchantment helps a lot.

Jerric has a looted Infused sword that was already enchanted with Absorb Stamina. He would have chosen to use Absorb Magicka or Absorb Health, but with his roll-dodge and bashing buffs and that sword he is a maniac at melee range. He could hardly take down river trolls until he started using it, they would heal too fast. Now they are still a horrendously grueling battle and best avoided, but he can manage it.

That’s a great discussion of status effects. I wish I could find a player’s guide that has been updated with info for alchemical poisons. I can’t figure out if alchemical poison is treated the same way as the other poison effects as far as synergy with traits and Champion Points.

Yes, that "Absorb" has saved my character's life consistently. She has died if jumped on by 5 or more; or from some big bosses. Other than that, she can kick some butt with that "absorb" on there, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 11 2016, 06:40 PM
Post #38

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Sep 11 2016, 12:54 PM) *

Rosa, you can guess why Jerric is a fan of it! laugh.gif

mALX, I suspect that they will eventually change the way they have re-done resource nodes. I liked being able to collect materials for the next level of gear while adventuring so that my crafters can have a set ready as soon as someone levels up. For example Aninah has been collecting Hide while wearing Rawhide from adventuring in the next area. Now she will have to wait until she can wear the new stuff before she can find the mats for it, but on the plus side she will find Leather and Cotton wherever she is as soon as she’s able to wear it.

Crafting for friends will be an issue. It will be easy for the friend to collect their own crafting materials and pass them to the crafter, but surprise gifts are going to be hard to pull off once everyone works through their materials stash. Maybe players will use Guild banks more to offer free deconstructible gear for mats instead of selling it for practically nothing.

Someone speaking to Jerric after one of his many arrests: "Someone said you was hung!"

Jerric: "And they was right!"

(Obviously taken from "Blazing Saddles, laugh.gif )

I hope you are right and that they rethink that. I think they are doing this to press for more "Plus" memberships so people will have the space to stock up mats for various levels in their "Crafting Bag of Holding."

But you are right, it totally effects being able to make a nice gift of armor for someone without asking them to provide the mats - then it isn't a gift anymore, what good is that?

"I'll give you a gift, but only if you give me the stuff to make it with...."

I'd feel like a jerk saying something like that! I've already written a scathing letter to them voicing my opinion on their latest list of "improvements."

What I plan to do if they go through with that is to start sending one of my Alts out for mats. Britta - she is like level 11. Calia of Daggerfall (another alt because she grunts and I don't like playing her and hearing it) - can gather for the next level.

I can push Bubba up to the third level to gather; and (Formerly Pantsless but now Topless) Calia of the Aldmeri can grow some and handle the next level above Bubba. Anything above that would be champion level; and Misa should be able to handle.

I'll put them all to work gathering mats at various levels and make a fortune selling them in the Guild Stores, BWAAHAA!!

But it most def will hinder my ability to just spontaneously make a gift for someone - like last night, a very new to the game girl stopped Misa in Davon's Watch and asked about her new armor (screens and stats later) - it takes knowing 5 traits, so I stopped what I was doing (nothing) and made her a set spur of the moment.

Those early materials have always been easy to gather in Stonefalls - and the low level runes to enchant them with too. I can't imagine giving someone unenchanted armor/weapons; so it isn't just the mats I'd need to gather; but runes too. And I wonder if the low level tempers to improve it will become unavailable too! So what, I have to give out white level armor now? Grrrrrr.

Yeah, this is one of those just plain stupid ideas some of these developers just need to be smacked down over. And giving a high level player some low level mats as a reward for doing writs thereby forcing them to do writs if they want them? - every time I heard him say that in the vid it made me want to write them another scathing letter, lol.

If worse comes to it, I'll start another character just to get supplies to Misa for crafting before I'd ever charge a friend for a gift by making them gather the mats.

This post has been edited by mALX: Sep 11 2016, 06:55 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 11 2016, 07:09 PM
Post #39

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 11 2016, 01:40 PM) *

Someone speaking to Jerric after one of his many arrests: "Someone said you was hung!"

rollinglaugh.gif

Armor traits and awkward first dates:

The Bosmeri lass opened her tree-bole’s front door to find her blind date grinning nervously down at her. She sighed. He was a Nord.

“Hi, I’m Jerric. Pleased to meet you. Here, I brought you a gift. It’s boots of Well-Fitted. And a belt of Well-Fitted. And also would you consider wearing this Well-Fitted hat? Uh… no reason.”

I am a fan of having many characters at all levels, so I will be OK with the changes. I can see how other folks will have trouble, though. People with limited time are not going to love making new characters and getting them to certain levels just so that they can be generous to their friends, but I know some will still go to the trouble. Maybe the writs stashes will make up the difference.

On the plus side the first-tier stuff will be super easy to get at all levels for non-crafters since it will make up 50% of everywhere, so it will still be easy to craft for new players. By the time new folks get to the second tier, hopefully they will have caught on to the crafting mechanics and know to gather their own mats. Still, the proposed system will not suit everyone. Maybe it will get another tweak.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 11 2016, 10:30 PM
Post #40

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Sep 11 2016, 02:09 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 11 2016, 01:40 PM) *

rollinglaugh.gif

Armor traits and awkward first dates:

The Bosmeri lass opened her tree-bole’s front door to find her blind date grinning nervously down at her. She sighed. He was a Nord.

“Hi, I’m Jerric. Pleased to meet you. Here, I brought you a gift. It’s boots of Well-Fitted. And a belt of Well-Fitted. And also would you consider wearing this Well-Fitted hat? Uh… no reason.”

I am a fan of having many characters at all levels, so I will be OK with the changes. I can see how other folks will have trouble, though. People with limited time are not going to love making new characters and getting them to certain levels just so that they can be generous to their friends, but I know some will still go to the trouble. Maybe the writs stashes will make up the difference.

On the plus side the first-tier stuff will be super easy to get at all levels for non-crafters since it will make up 50% of everywhere, so it will still be easy to craft for new players. By the time new folks get to the second tier, hopefully they will have caught on to the crafting mechanics and know to gather their own mats. Still, the proposed system will not suit everyone. Maybe it will get another tweak.

laugh.gif - Jerric's subtle hints on how he hopes the date will end, rollinglaugh.gif (Did he blow a soundless whistle too? BWAAHAA!!!!

Yeah, I think that change will draw a distinct line between how much effort a Player is willing to put out for another - it will suck the fun out of doing something for others and make it a grueling task.

I am probably a slow learner; but I didn't make my first armor over the lowest level till about a month ago; and have never made one for Misa or my "Alt" characters. This girl from Australia that I met online a year ago and have played with this whole past year has made all Misa's armors for her. The "Alts" have always worn Misa's hand-me-downs.

So my "gifts" had to always be for new (lowest level) players only; which was fine, because they are usually the ones that need the boost and it is a nice "Welcome" to the game for them.

Several people gave me a nice gift of armor and weapons when I first started, so it is kind of a "Paying it back" for me, and I really enjoy it.

Even now I can only make armor and weapons for Buffy's current level (and only because I just now sank points into it to do it for her).

In fact, I didn't even know of or start doing writs till you (Grits) said how much gold they paid, laugh.gif The only crafting skill I've even reached 50 in was Enchanting; and that was because the girl who makes Misa's armor helped her get there.

This post has been edited by mALX: Sep 11 2016, 10:33 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

44 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:48 AM