Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

44 Pages V « < 39 40 41 42 43 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ESO tips & tricks, Looking for help with ESO? This is the right thread for you!
mALX
post May 24 2019, 05:48 PM
Post #801

Ancient
Group Icon

Ghastley is right. This discussion about that passive clearly says that it is supposed to cover staffs too; but that doesn't mean the Redguard will be OP since their overall passives gear them toward being stam based (and of course you can only tell if the destro staff is actually proc'ing your Passive by using something like "Combat Metrics" and looking for that buff in the upper right section of the main page.

Here is the discussion about it from the Official forums:

(ignore the original poster's whining)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/di...esnt-make-sense

This post has been edited by mALX: May 24 2019, 05:49 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 24 2019, 06:24 PM
Post #802

Ancient
Group Icon

Cool! Thanks for the info folks!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 27 2019, 03:32 PM
Post #803

Councilor
Group Icon

Some more thoughts on Jewel Crafting:

Aurbic Amber only drops from Psijic Portals, and in Pulverised form at that. So to stand any chance of getting enough to use, everyone needs to see the portals. That means doing enough of the Summerset main quest to get to Artaeum, and doing the first quest of the Psijic Order line.

My Unna has now done both quest lines to get the Exemplary ring and necklace, so it's time to send the others through the mill, and open up the portals for all.

It wasn't clear what the conditions were for the Undaunted rewards to drop their material - Dibellium, but I think I already had some, so maybe it's just Summerset. We're doing the daily delves to grind for the passives, so it should just happen.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 27 2019, 03:51 PM
Post #804

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ May 27 2019, 10:32 AM) *

Some more thoughts on Jewel Crafting:

Aurbic Amber only drops from Psijic Portals, and in Pulverised form at that. So to stand any chance of getting enough to use, everyone needs to see the portals. That means doing enough of the Summerset main quest to get to Artaeum, and doing the first quest of the Psijic Order line.

My Unna has now done both quest lines to get the Exemplary ring and necklace, so it's time to send the others through the mill, and open up the portals for all.

It wasn't clear what the conditions were for the Undaunted rewards to drop their material - Dibellium, but I think I already had some, so maybe it's just Summerset. We're doing the daily delves to grind for the passives, so it should just happen.

And those Jewelry Crafting traits and tempers sell for such a high cost that = if you do get them; (unless the Master Writ pays in several hundred vouchers) = it is not cost effective at all to actually do the Master Writs. (However; crafting jewelry for your own character's sets is always a great cause!

You can buy the items you need from guild trader shelves if you get stuck and really want a certain trait for your own character's jewelry; though. That way the cost is an investment in bettering your own character's abilities. But the Master Writs for Jewelry = not worth the cost to the player at all imho.

This post has been edited by mALX: May 27 2019, 03:52 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 28 2019, 01:58 PM
Post #805

Councilor
Group Icon

Nobody's got up to using copper yet, so Master Writs are not even on the radar.

So far I have four characters through the first Psijic quest to get the ability to see the Psijic Portals. Those are the ones who have researched past the basic three traits. I spread that around, on the (false) assumption that they'd then make more researchable pieces for each other. It appears that the materials to do so are also going to be hard to get. So far, we don't have enough Pulverized anything to make the solid.

Since you have to do two complete quests on each character - one to gain access to Artaeum, and the first one of the Psijic line for the See the Unseen passive - I'll take one character through each evening, after the daily writs, undaunted, etc. Hopefully we'll then get a decent number of portals, an a chance at the Aurbic Amber (and more Infused jewels to put back in the bank).

Exemplary rings and necklaces don't appear to be expensive, but I didn't see anything but the dropped ones being sold. Is there a reason for that?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 30 2019, 02:39 AM
Post #806

Councilor
Group Icon

Hey how do I get my character to put her fists down??? This is driving me crazy. My character's name is Anna Khanda, by the way. So Anna just fought Naryu Virian in the tutorial, but now she's standing there with her fists up, and I can't figure out which key makes them her fists down (or put her weapon away).

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 30 2019, 03:39 AM
Post #807

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ May 29 2019, 08:39 PM) *

Hey how do I get my character to put her fists down??? This is driving me crazy. My character's name is Anna Khanda, by the way. So Anna just fought Naryu Virian in the tutorial, but now she's standing there with her fists up, and I can't figure out which key makes them her fists down (or put her weapon away).

Try “Z” maybe? Khajiit uses an Xbox controller so is not sure what the keybinding is. Had to look it up online. Here is the article.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: May 30 2019, 03:50 AM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 30 2019, 01:12 PM
Post #808

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 29 2019, 10:39 PM) *

Try “Z” maybe? Khajiit uses an Xbox controller so is not sure what the keybinding is. Had to look it up online. Here is the article.

Ah, great, thanx. I'm trying to use a controller too, but even with a regular keyboard I couldn't find Ready Weapon.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 30 2019, 03:18 PM
Post #809

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ May 29 2019, 09:39 PM) *

"Z" is the default key for putting weapons away.

The quickest way to find out where the game has set the keys up is to press "Escape" on the keyboard; and on the drop-down list = choose "Controls." A window will open up with every action in the game on the left; and the key it is "bound to" in the box next to it.

If you change any of those "bound" keys; make sure the game isn't using them for something else first by scanning down the list of boxes for "bound keys"

If you use any add-ons (mod your game) = this is where the controls for your add-ons will be found too.

QUOTE(Renee @ May 30 2019, 08:12 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 29 2019, 10:39 PM) *

Ah, great, thanx. I'm trying to use a controller too, but even with a regular keyboard I couldn't find Ready Weapon.

HOLY COW, Khajiit!!! This is AWESOME!!! I didn't know about that page, thank you so much for that link !!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 31 2019, 04:42 PM
Post #810

Councilor
Group Icon

I have not yet run all my characters through the Psijic line first level, as it does take some time. I'll be doing that so they all get to see, and use, Psijic portals. However, I'm starting to wonder what benefit I'll get out of the Jewel crafting. It looks like I may have some use for making and upgrading jewels, so levelling it up will save me using too many platings, but the new traits don't seem very useful, and Master Writs are a waste of time. Laurie will need to research all the traits so she can make set jewels, but that's all possible outside Summerset.

Now that Unna has run through the quest-lines, is there anything more worth doing, or should I just get Elsweyr and move on?

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 31 2019, 08:09 PM
Post #811

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ May 31 2019, 11:42 AM) *

I have not yet run all my characters through the Psijic line first level, as it does take some time. I'll be doing that so they all get to see, and use, Psijic portals. However, I'm starting to wonder what benefit I'll get out of the Jewel crafting. It looks like I may have some use for making and upgrading jewels, so levelling it up will save me using too many platings, but the new traits don't seem very useful, and Master Writs are a waste of time. Laurie will need to research all the traits so she can make set jewels, but that's all possible outside Summerset.

Now that Unna has run through the quest-lines, is there anything more worth doing, or should I just get Elsweyr and move on?

If you want one of those waterfalls for any of your houses; I think you have to do a certain number of those dailies (the ones for doing the Geysers). I think the lady that gives those Dailies sits between the house and the wayshrine near where you turn to go down to the crafting area.

I haven't done all the quests yet; so don't know what else you might miss; except maybe some furniture crafting plans or motifs.

Only one of my characters has completed the Psijic line (and she is the only one who researched all the jewelry traits too = my main character Misa. She is the only one who researched Nirnhoned traits too).

The rest have just researched the three basic ones (Arcane, Healthy, and Robust) plus the Infused trait, (because the Infused drops like water from the Psijic Portals).

The "Swift" trait falls fairly well from the Psijic Portals; but sells so well and for such a high price that I couldn't see using it for the other character's researching since Misa already knew it.

I've actually had all the traits except Triune drop from the Psijic Portals in both ring and necklace forms; but so rarely that it probably isn't worth waiting for. One of them came timely for my character to research; the rest I bought from the Guild Traders.

I do want my two other player characters to go through the Psijic line too; just haven't had the time yet. I tried to take a character from my Son's game through it = she couldn't beat that awful Sload; so is kind of hung at that spot till I can figure something out for her.

And you are right about doing the Master Writs not being worth it; but having at least one character know the Jewelry crafting traits is def worthwhile.

Misa makes traited jewelry for sets she crafts for the other characters; that alone is worth it. Plus = when I do come across the gems for making traited jewelry; you can craft and sell them for a wonderful income for other people's researching or to make jewelry sets for others by custom order too.

This post has been edited by mALX: May 31 2019, 08:32 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 31 2019, 09:07 PM
Post #812

Councilor
Group Icon

Laurie will do the whole Master Crafter thing at some point, but I don't think I'll have everyone else bother with much more JC. Opening up the Psijic portals on all characters is probably where I'll stop.

I may possibly have Unna do enough side-quests to buy the Alinor house for gold, since she has more done than anyone else, and that's a decent house to have. However, I don't have any other targets that involve Summerset specifically, so none of the others needs to spend significant time there. Jewel Crafting can be advanced without any more Summerset involvement. In fact I think all the remaining traits require going somewhere else.

ETA: Unna did buy the Alinor Townhouse, and Laurie is close to Level 40 on her Jewel Crafting now. Everyone is doing their daily JC writs to get the Intricates to pass on to her, as half of those are platinum to match their playing level, and bump her up quite quickly. Any other rings and necklaces from dolmens and other loot are platinum, but likely not Intricate, so she needs more of those. Level 40 will open up Electrum and another level of Plating Research, so a skyshard run is also on her to-do list.

Further edit: We have Taminwe doing as many new dolmens as she can, to ramp up her FG, gather jewelery for Laurie (one piece guaranteed from each dolmen), and get the three achievements for all of each alliance's anchors. She's almost reached FG 9 so far, and has done two complete alliances (15 anchors each), so this doesn't appear to be very efficient on the FG target. Laurie, however, is now at 45 in JC, so we'll keep doing it.

Laurie bought some Exemplary jewels (<10k a piece) so she has a reserve to work through for traits. We'll get more when the opportunity for a good deal turns up, but only enough for her to learn all the traits. I don't see a reason for more than one crafter to do so.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Jun 21 2019, 03:03 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Jul 25 2019, 02:42 PM
Post #813

Master
Group Icon

CROWN SALE!!!

Also, Elsweyr chapter is on sale too . . .

For the duration of Quakecon (through July 30th) ZOS is selling crowns and games (base game with MW or base game with MW, SS and EW as well as the standalone Elsweyr chapter) at decent discounts.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/56665

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 25 2019, 04:31 PM
Post #814

Councilor
Group Icon

The dropped price on the Elsweyr chapter is getting me tempted. I've done the main Summerset quest, and the Psijic one, and quite a lot of the side-quests over there. Jewel crafting is now just a matter of research times, so I'm just about where I consider Summerset done.

I've played a lot of the Elsweyr quest line on PTS, and liked it. If it gives me an extra slot, I'd probably create a stam necro character, and go through levelling again, but with one of each race now, I'd have a hard time deciding what the necro should be.

Or I could wait until it becomes a DLC, which is still a long way off.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 10 2019, 04:14 PM
Post #815

Councilor
Group Icon

While we discussing what to make for Cincinntus at the guild meet, we touched on a few topics that might be worth deeper discussion here.

One was Resistances. Buffy made Cincy a set of Fortified Brass, which alone provides about 9k each of Spell and Physical resistance. His Storm Knight set was adding 3k more to each, even at only four pieces, and with CP adding more, he was at or above the 33k cap. We didn't discuss where the rest was coming from, but Heavy Armour Focus adds Physical resistance, Spell Shield adds Spell Resistance, and Bulwark adds both. At that point he had no Monster helm/pauldron, Mighty Chudan would add 9k, if the cap weren't already passed.

I don't recall exactly what Sir Acadian's setup is, but we did discuss that when I ran Laurie with Healer Buffy on an earlier occasion. The consideration of static 33k versus casting a skill to boost it was part of that discussion. Cincy had such a skill slotted, but removed it for our run, allowing him to use another.

We touched on the balance between Health pool and Health regeneration, but didn't go into much detail. There's a point where you have enough health to withstand any possible single attack, so as long as you have available healing, you'll stay alive. The need will vary between tank and dps, and from dungeon to dungeon. If the tank can keep all attacks focused on himself, then the dps don't need much. If there are scatter-shot mechanics, everyone needs more. In any case, 18k health avoids a one-shot, but a tank needs to withstand more than one. This gets even more complex with sets etc. boosting healing received, as well as max and regen.

Conventional wisdom seem to point to one Max health set plus one Resistance set for a tank, and regeneration and healing received may be situational. The third set could be group support or reinforce one of the others depending on your solo/group balance.

Laurie is using Song of Lamae for her resistances. We got that for the "safety net" aspect of the five-piece bonus, as she does a lot of material collecting as my main crafter. Her health set is Green Pact. Cat Man Dhou is using Fortified Brass and Plague Doctor. Both have Mighty Chudan's helm, and are hoping for shoulders. When we get them, CP adjustments will be in order to fit the cap.

Consideration will also need to be given to flexibility. It costs nothing to swap out pieces of equipment for a different dungeon or boss. Re-allocating CP costs gold.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Sep 10 2019, 04:23 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 10 2019, 08:51 PM
Post #816

Paladin
Group Icon

Acadian has excellent 'classical selfish DK main tank' numbers. Here they are, buffed only by his tri-stat purple food:
41k health, 23k stam, 22k mag.
Just over 33k dual resists (at cap).
1500 mag regen.
Things like Mundus selection, attribute distribution, gear and enchantments were all chosen to support the above desired stats.

Gear is Seducerx5, Warrior-Poetx5, Mighty Chudanx2 with S&B on both bars. I mentioned 'selfish' above. By that I mean his gear is chosen to optimize tank job #1 (hold taunt on the boss and don't die). Typically, as tanks get really good and much more experienced, they begin evolving to gear that offers less survivability but more support to their group to help the dps kill things faster. I don't expect Acadian will ever evolve beyond where he is. That would require a much higher level of knowledge/experience with tougher dungeon mechanics and more practice than I'm interested in. His main function was to provide Buffy with a feel for what kinds of concerns/needs tanks have so she can better support them as healer and dps.

There are some options available to DK tanks regarding selecting skills that use mag or stam to help balance the usage of each to what works -
- Pulling in foes can be either Chains (mag) or Silver Leash (stam).
- Ranged taunt from the Undaunted line has both a mag and stam morph.
- For aggroing ranged groups of foes, just a couple options (that are independent of weapons) include Caltrops (stam) or Soul Splitting Trap (Soul Magic).

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
treydog
post Oct 10 2019, 02:15 PM
Post #817

Master
Group Icon

So- really silly question....

I am working on gear for my Stamblade and have crafted the recommended armor (except the guards- my armor crafter missed out on the trait for medium leg armor).

Anyway, crafted Epic Cuirass of Hundings Rage. AlCast says to enchant with a Health Rune.

So I crafted Legendary (and then Epic) Truly Superb Glyphs of Health (which state that they are "Armor Glyphs".

Yet when I right-click the Hundings Cuirass and select "Enchant", it says "You do not have any enchantments that can be applied to this item."

Um--- really? Any help on this. Glyphs are not a problem- I have stacks of them, but it is frustrating to do things by the numbers and then be told- "Nah- not gonna."

ETA-

Same thing just happened with a Truly Superb Glyph of Stamina (Armor Glyph) and Arm Cops of Night Mother's Gaze.

This post has been edited by treydog: Oct 10 2019, 02:19 PM

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 10 2019, 02:27 PM
Post #818

Councilor
Group Icon

The glyph level must match the armour level. So my guess is that you made the cuirass at CP150, rather than the intended CP160, and the glyph is too much for it.

The bad news is that you wasted some of that Rubedite, as you won't get it all back from deconstruction. But you didn't mention a trait either, so when you make it again at CP160, make sure it has the trait you want, too.

The good news is that you only used a tenth of the amount of materials you could have wasted. CP160 takes 150 units, rather than just 15. And the glyphs weren't used up in the failure, so they're still available.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Oct 10 2019, 02:28 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
treydog
post Oct 10 2019, 02:38 PM
Post #819

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Oct 10 2019, 09:27 AM) *

The glyph level must match the armour level. So my guess is that you made the cuirass at CP150, rather than the intended CP160, and the glyph is too much for it.

The bad news is that you wasted some of that Rubedite, as you won't get it all back from deconstruction. But you didn't mention a trait either, so when you make it again at CP160, make sure it has the trait you want, too.

The good news is that you only used a tenth of the amount of materials you could have wasted. CP160 takes 150 units, rather than just 15. And the glyphs weren't used up in the failure, so they're still available.

That was it... CP level mismatch between armor and glyphs.... 150 armor and 160 glyphs... D'oh!

Thank you ghastley! Back to the bench.

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 17 2019, 08:52 PM
Post #820

Paladin
Group Icon

I recently discovered that it is possible to bypass the opening credits when you log on rather than sitting or clicking through them. Here's how:

1. With the game closed down, locate and open the UserSettings.txt file. My path to get there is C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live.

2. Scroll down to the line SkipPregameVideos 0 and change the 0 to 1.

3. Save file.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

44 Pages V « < 39 40 41 42 43 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:17 AM