131 Pages V « < 90 91 92 93 94 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Guild Discussion
treydog
post Oct 22 2019, 02:04 AM
Post #1821

Master
Group Icon

Athynae will be there. She will try not to annoy everyone.... No promises without Athlain there to serve as a target...

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 23 2019, 07:08 AM
Post #1822

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(treydog @ Oct 21 2019, 09:04 PM) *

Athynae will be there. She will try not to annoy everyone.... No promises without Athlain there to serve as a target...

laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 23 2019, 02:38 PM
Post #1823

Councilor
Group Icon

I saw the Daring Corsair tables when Laurie used the one at the other end of the line for a writ last night. Did you finish the shuffle already? I was expecting a LOOOOOONG time just to move everything else around.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 23 2019, 06:09 PM
Post #1824

Master
Group Icon

Replying from another thread:

QUOTE(ghastley @ Oct 23 2019, 05:59 PM) *
Is Shonta settling into a style/build yet? You expressed a preference for magicka, and we can see he's a DK from the Ultimate - besides the fact that you already told us. tongue.gif You should be on two bars by now, so is it time to kit you out?

The ulterior motive is to make him a decent team-member by Nov 1st, so we get the most out of the Guild meeting. We did that for Cincinnatus, and Floozie didn't have any problems with healing that time. And we all have bunches of lower-level materials we don't use now our characters are using the ruby stuff. Doing ahead of time leaves more time to chat. tongue.gif

Most of his skill points are going to magicka, some are going to health and none are going to stamina. ATM his points are: 17-M 10-H 1-S.

What do you mean by two bars?

I'm pursuing the path called the Inferno Dragon, so it's Light Armor and Magicka and staves as a primary weapon. Pieces of armor, which he wears, do one of the following: boosting magicka pool / boosting magicka regen rate / boosting magical and physical resistances. He wears only one piece of jewelry that boosts his health. Unfortunately not all items mentioned above are of light armor, two are MA and one is HA. He doesn't wear any item that'd affect his stamina. He has some perks that regenerate his magicka but because his entire set is not of LA, this bonus isn't maximal.

So if I get this right, you (and others) are going to create a piece of light armor for Shonta Quassan with the bonuses I mentioned above? That will make my Argonian very happy. smile.gif

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 23 2019, 06:40 PM
Post #1825

Councilor
Group Icon

In no particular order:

You get a second skill bar at level 15, so instead of having only five skills (+ an Ultimate) to choose between, you have ten and two Ultimates. I was guessing, based on the time, that he would be around that level.

Five pieces of Light gets you perks from the Light Armor skill line, but then it benefits you to wear one piece of Medium and one piece of Heavy, to keep those lines advancing. The Heavy piece is usually the chest, as that provides max defense, and the medium can be anything.

You don't need to invest in anything but Magicka, as you can get enough health or stamina from enchantments (or later, Champion points). While you are outgrowing equipment, at under CP160, then it all gets Training trait, and whatever enchantments balance your needs, but most importantly, it can be a complete matched set to get the bonuses. Since you're doing a staff-based magicka build, we'd provide Julianos and maybe Magnus' Gift. Those provide a good mix of max Magicka, regen, and spell damage/critical. I run that combo on my Argonian. with Julianos on body, and Magnus on weapons/jewelry. You could farm Silks of the Sun in Stonefalls as an alternative, but those two are craftable.

Since you can't wear gear that's a higher level than your character, we'd need to know where you are now.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 23 2019, 08:21 PM
Post #1826

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Oct 23 2019, 07:40 PM) *
You get a second skill bar at level 15, so instead of having only five skills (+ an Ultimate) to choose between, you have ten and two Ultimates. I was guessing, based on the time, that he would be around that level.

Yes, that's right, I could choose another Ultimate but haven't done it yet.

Five pieces of Light gets you perks from the Light Armor skill line, but then it benefits you to wear one piece of Medium and one piece of Heavy, to keep those lines advancing. The Heavy piece is usually the chest, as that provides max defense, and the medium can be anything.

Okay, I'll keep that in mind. I was just playing and I checked - all but his legs are light, only legs are heavy and boost his magicka pool. He used to wear middle armor on shoulders but obviously already switched it to light.

Those provide a good mix of max Magicka, regen, and spell damage/critical. I run that combo on my Argonian.

Sounds good!

Since you can't wear gear that's a higher level than your character, we'd need to know where you are now.

ATM Shonta's level is 23, soon it'll be 24.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 23 2019, 08:55 PM
Post #1827

Councilor
Group Icon

At level 24, you'd be wearing Linen, Hide and Steel. So a Steel Cuirass, Hide Guards, and Linen Shoes, Sash, and Gloves will let you use any light hat and epaulets. I'll make a set of Julianos in Training with Magicka enchantment at Green level.

A couple of Oak Inferno Staves in Magnus Gift with Infused trait and Weapon Damage could go with jewelry of the same set. No point using more than Terne plating yet, and that's abundant, so crafted jewelry is reasonable. If you have Silks of the Sun jewels, I'll do Magnus hat and/or epaulets.

If anyone has any different suggestions, let me know before I get to it tonight.

You'll need more at around Levels 34 and 44, at blue and purple grades, in higher materials etc. Since this is the first character, you have to grind up through CP 10-160 and you'll possibly want an upgrade during that. I went through those fairly quickly on my first (Unna) and didn't really stop to make anything. You may be making your own by then, anyway, as crafting can level faster than combat if you decide to do so. Mixed level sets still work, so Unna was replacing a piece at a time with her own crafting, rather than the whole set at once.

After CP160, you start using the Undaunted two-piece head/shoulder sets, so I habitually leave those two slots out of the other sets, and replace a whole set. Laurie has a set of Ebon Armory that can replace her Song of Lamae for different content, for example, because it's the same pieces in each. Chest/legs/hands/feet/waist is one set, weapons and jewelry is another, and head/shoulders are the undaunted ones.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 23 2019, 09:08 PM
Post #1828

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Oct 23 2019, 09:55 PM) *
At level 24, you'd be wearing Linen, Hide and Steel. So a Steel Cuirass, Hide Guards, and Linen Shoes, Sash, and Gloves will let you use any light hat and epaulets. I'll make a set of Julianos in Training with Magicka enchantment at Green level.

Sounds good to me! goodjob.gif

I haven't delved into crafting yet, except some basic crafting tasks at the Bleakrock Isle and in Davon's Watch we haven't crafted anything on our own.

I don't have any Silks of the Sun jewels, but Shonta's current Redoran robe is a part of the Silks of the Sun set. But he'd prefer to have a cuirass instead of a robe anyway.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 23 2019, 09:32 PM
Post #1829

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Oct 23 2019, 09:38 AM) *

I saw the Daring Corsair tables when Laurie used the one at the other end of the line for a writ last night. Did you finish the shuffle already? I was expecting a LOOOOOONG time just to move everything else around.

Yes, it took two days to get it all done, urk. They have an add-on that makes moving the tables simple; but since the Psijic Villa has all those columns and light beams interfere with the Woodworking and Blacksmithing tables (which is also why you don't find them all in the same order around the room, urgh).

By the way; for anyone who might be wondering and doesn't know yet = two of the three new Sets is in the Guild Hall; but the third set is Quest locked. I thought it was locked by the Main Quest of Southern Elsweyr; but as it turns out = I also have to do several Dragonguard "Daily" quests. We can only do two of those per day; so it will be a few days before we get the third Set in the Guild Hall. verysad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 23 2019, 10:13 PM
Post #1830

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Oct 23 2019, 04:08 PM) *

QUOTE(ghastley @ Oct 23 2019, 09:55 PM) *

Sounds good to me! goodjob.gif

I haven't delved into crafting yet, except some basic crafting tasks at the Bleakrock Isle and in Davon's Watch we haven't crafted anything on our own.

I don't have any Silks of the Sun jewels, but Shonta's current Redoran robe is a part of the Silks of the Sun set. But he'd prefer to have a cuirass instead of a robe anyway.

Don't worry about the crafting until you are ready to or want to; because crafting uses up a lot of skill points you will need to develop your character; especially the first character because they will usually need to upgrade all their equipment crafting skills every ten levels.

Ghastley is right about letting your armor slide a bit in these early levels though. The Characters level too quickly; and would cost too much to keep their armor at their level. A good way to stretch armor is to improve it; especially if you have a Set like Ghastley is talking about because those give you huge bonuses. I can send Ghastley whatever materials he needs to make that Set blue quality; and it should last you right up to Level 50.

At or after Level 50; Armor really starts to make a difference. You will notice you need to upgrade more frequently as you are now in the Champion Levels and starting to gain Champion Points toward building your character stronger.

Right now there are no Armor or Weapons in the game that are over level "Champion Point 160" (CP 160 is what everyone calls it when discussing it).

When you reach CP 150; people will still be happy to make armor for you; but once you reach CP 160 = you won't find anyone making you armor Sets for your character anymore; because they are hugely expensive to craft. At that point; your Character will be able to decide what kind of armor they want and go out and get it by digging through dungeons or Dolmen; etc (or buying the Sets you want in Guild Stores) = or by then you can have built up your Crafting Skills and be doing it yourself.

(But always check out our Chorrolites Guild Bank before buying to see if there is a Set in there you want first before buying, laugh.gif )

My first Character (Misa) was Level CP 110 before I decided I had to make my own Armor; and started her learning how to Craft her own. Then she made the Armor and Weapons for all the new Characters after that. (and she is still my biggest "Adventuring" Character; she just does both now that she is "grown").

This post has been edited by mALX: Oct 24 2019, 01:30 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 24 2019, 02:37 AM
Post #1831

Councilor
Group Icon

I only made it green, as it will probably need replacing in ten levels or so, and I'd do blue at 34. We sent 5 pieces of Julianos, and 5 of Magnus' Gift, leaving out head/shoulders for now. And I have so much of the lower-level mats it's essentially from the waste bin.

And then we were rewarded by Bo picking up two Potent Nirncrux on her way to a Clothier survey.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Oct 24 2019, 03:18 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 24 2019, 03:14 AM
Post #1832

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Oct 23 2019, 09:37 PM) *

I only made it green, as it will probably need replacing in ten levels or so, and I'd do blue at 34. We sent 5 pieces of Julianos, and 5 of Magnus' Gift, leaving out head/shoulders for now. And I have so much of the lower-level mats it's essentially from the waste bin.

And then we were rewarded by Bo picking up tow Potent Nirncrux on her way to a Clothier survey.

Aw, that was really nice = and the universe noticed it too! laugh.gif

He won't be able to get the Monster Sets for a long time; I might send him a head and hat from the Seducer Set if I manage to get back online again. My youngest son is getting married this weekend; we have friends and relatives coming in = big prep time right now.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 24 2019, 12:35 PM
Post #1833

Master
Group Icon

Thank you, ghastley. I'll check it out when I'm about to game today in the evening. There'll be screenies too!

I'll probably explore crafting in details with another character. I already have passing thoughts here and there about another t00n in another alliance.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 24 2019, 03:20 PM
Post #1834

Councilor
Group Icon

The training trait should help you level faster, so hopefully you'll need an upgrade before Nov 1st. Let me know when you do.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 29 2019, 06:51 PM
Post #1835

Paladin
Group Icon

Guild meeting this Friday (Nov 1). Buffy should be up for it. Anyone else?

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 29 2019, 07:03 PM
Post #1836

Councilor
Group Icon

Traffic permitting, I'll have one of mine there.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Oct 29 2019, 10:56 PM
Post #1837

Councilor
Group Icon

Sadly I will not be able to make our Witches Festival guild meeting. kvleft.gif Jerric will hate to miss it!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 29 2019, 11:42 PM
Post #1838

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Oct 29 2019, 05:56 PM) *

Sadly I will not be able to make our Witches Festival guild meeting. kvleft.gif Jerric will hate to miss it!

verysad.gif

Jerric is always missed when he can't make it!

I can be there; but may need some help with someone poking me in game around the time. I lose track of time when playing, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 30 2019, 12:00 AM
Post #1839

Ancient
Group Icon

Oh, have we decided on any Witches Festival fun we can do for the meet?

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 30 2019, 01:30 AM
Post #1840

Ancient
Group Icon

What time are we doing Guild meets these days? I would love for Brenna to make this one but we are only free before 5pm CST.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post

131 Pages V « < 90 91 92 93 94 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:55 AM