21 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ESO Housing & Decorating, All things Homestead
mALX
post Jan 8 2017, 05:57 PM
Post #1

Ancient
Group Icon

Thought we should have a thread that focuses in on the housing so we can come right here to search out tips for crafting furniture or decorating that we might pick up - or just discuss which houses we want; what our plans are for it; or even just how much gold we have amassed in anticipation, laugh.gif

Me personally - I absolutely LOVE that Redguard home at Hallin's Stand = Twin Arches! (73,000 gold). It is my favorite of the small houses; LOVE that house - and it has its own yard! But ... most def will have to do the Hallin's Stand town quest if you want to shop in the town, lol.

My first choice had been the Redguard house in Sentinel, but I learned in one Youtube vid that we can't decorate the rooftop patio on it - that was kind of a game changer for me; I mean - every rooftop in Sentinel has chairs/urns/pillows - except the Players? I am hoping that person's vid was wrong on that. (325,000 gold).

If I can swing it, I want that island Redguard home in Port Hunding = 1,295,000 gold, and I am not sure I'll be able to swing that one.

So far I have saved up: 795,000 gold.

My plans = when the Crown Store prices are posted, it may completely kill my plans to do this, but for right now my plan would be to hoard my gold I've saved up and buy my home furnished via the Crown Store.

That will give me funds to refurnish it, but also give me furniture to sit on in the 'tween (because I've seen via YouTube how expensive the furniture and decorations you can buy are) - and it may take a while to find the motifs/plans for furniture crafting (and find the mats, because my friend Aussie said they are not very easily found).

Eventually, I'll have it decorated to my own taste instead of the Crown Stores. But of course, all this depends on how many Crowns they will charge, lol.

So what are your plans? Which house has you the most excited?

For anyone who hasn't seen them yet, here are some vids on the housing available with the "Furnished" option active:

Small Houses:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4F5sE0ntgA

Medium Houses:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcg2RWNEJ-M

Large Houses:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbzAwxYCYR8

Manors & Estates:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ0CsFATgXY

This post has been edited by mALX: Jan 8 2017, 08:43 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 8 2017, 06:28 PM
Post #2

Ancient
Group Icon

Yep, the Redguard houses are very nice looking.

Good idea about the thread. This one is sure he will have lots of questions when the time comes. How lucky for all of you! More Khajiit questions!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 8 2017, 06:39 PM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jan 8 2017, 12:28 PM) *

Good idea about the thread. This one is sure he will have lots of questions when the time comes. How lucky for all of you! More Khajiit questions!

I have been pelting my friends who have been able to access the PTS server with questions, lol. I haven't been able to get on the PTS yet; I'm still fighting ESO on the PTS server saying that my computer isn't authorized to my account, grrrr.

This post has been edited by mALX: Jan 8 2017, 06:40 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 8 2017, 06:40 PM
Post #4

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 8 2017, 11:39 AM) *

I have been pelting my friends who have been able to access the PTS server with questions, lol. I'm still fighting ESO on the PTS server saying that my computer isn't authorized to my account, grrrr.

Lol, this one hasn't even tried to get on the PTS.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 8 2017, 06:47 PM
Post #5

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jan 8 2017, 12:40 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 8 2017, 11:39 AM) *

I have been pelting my friends who have been able to access the PTS server with questions, lol. I'm still fighting ESO on the PTS server saying that my computer isn't authorized to my account, grrrr.

Lol, this one hasn't even tried to get on the PTS.

I downloaded it, and haven't been able to access it due to my "IP address" changing at the same time I had changed email addresses and my credit card - ESO support is not the best since they dropped the mandatory paid memberships, they had to let over 150 employees go when they made that move. It was an executive decision because they weren't selling enough memberships and Crowns to keep the staff.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 8 2017, 06:50 PM
Post #6

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 8 2017, 11:47 AM) *

I downloaded it, and haven't been able to access it due to my "IP address" changing at the same time I had changed email addresses and my credit card - ESO support is not the best since they dropped the mandatory paid memberships, they had to let over 150 employees go when they made that move. It was an executive decision because they weren't selling enough memberships and Crowns to keep the staff.

Wow, 150 employees? That sucks.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
hazmick
post Jan 8 2017, 06:58 PM
Post #7

Mouth
Group Icon

I haven't got on to the PTS yet either. The download is pretty big and I can't just leave my PC on for a week straight to download it all at once.

Anyway, I'll repost the Alcast videos here:

Small home showcase

Medium home showcase

Large home showcase

Manors and crown store home showcase

Housing editor, crafting and vendor showcase

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 8 2017, 10:24 PM
Post #8

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jan 8 2017, 12:50 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 8 2017, 11:47 AM) *

Wow, 150 employees? That sucks.

Yeah, it does. But I think they have farmed out their Customer Support to a 3rd world country now, it is ridiculously inept unless you get the actual developers team to help you. They are awesome and will work hard to fix something and call you, etc.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 8 2017, 11:03 PM
Post #9

Paladin
Group Icon

I've only had two things ever come up that required help from Zenimax. In both cases, they were quick, thorough and professional. It sure sounds like mALX is running into some substandard support though. kvright.gif

Oh, on the PTS, I appreciate those who do that. As for Buffy, 'Unpaid Beta Tester' is not among her titles. tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jan 8 2017, 11:22 PM
Post #10

Mouth
Group Icon

I never touch the PTS mostly because i don't want to bother with the download. Hell, I'm about to start an Oblivion playthrough, originally with OOO in mind but I decided against it because I'd have to install a bunch of addons. MOO it is!

Anyways, the only house i know for sure that I'm going for is the one in Fell's Run. The moment I saw it I thought "Yep, Eolan lives here." I also thought about the manor in the Argonian district of Stormhold for Rats, but I think she'd be better off in a low-key appartment. Maybe both? Still haven't decided for Jo'zira.

What I DO know is that each character will have their own house, and then there will be a big communal house where all three of them (and maybe some mules) hang out. Maybe make it into a crafting hall, but after the reveal of attuneable stations maybe I'll make that a separate building so I can have more of them.

Down the road I might even buy the manors. I can see it now: Lord Eolan (ha), Counselor Hates-White-Rats (haha), Clan Parent Jo'zira (okay, maybe). But like I said before, idk what I'm going to do with all that space.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 9 2017, 05:44 AM
Post #11

Councilor
Group Icon

Thank you for starting this thread, great idea! I can barely get the game to function on my laptop, so the PTS is out of the question. At least for now. We'll see about when I upgrade. I am a big fan of playing around with new content. biggrin.gif

Jerric is probably going to be satisfied with his room at the brothel. At least now he'll have a place to crash while he's eternally waiting for his turn. tongue.gif Lildereth has no interest in owning a home, but a couple of them fit so well into her story that I still can't believe it. Snugpod is adorable and very close to the burl-huts of her fictional world. We could just pretend it was much higher up. The Daggerfall house would work well for Darnand as a rented cottage, but I have the Fell's Run house in mind for him. The first time he walked through that area his heart just soared, which almost never happens. At the time I thought how cool it would be if they had player housing and he could live there. For him it will come down to which one holds the most bookcases.

I have to watch the videos some more to know which house it is, but there's one maybe in Reaper's March with desert rocks and water that my whole crew would love to visit if I bought it for some reason. I just have to figure out how it fits.

Anyway I'll have to see how expensive everything is to build before I go nuts buying real estate. Otherwise there will be a bunch of dark, empty houses standing around.

Thank you for posting and re-posting the videos! I had to stop the furniture one and race to my PS4 store so I could yank the Jejota runes off the shelf before they sold. I guess there's no such thing as extra junk for the moment. Yikes!

Also here's the UESP housing page for quick reference: link.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jan 9 2017, 06:34 AM
Post #12

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jan 8 2017, 10:44 PM) *

Also here's the UESP housing page for quick reference: link.

I just noticed something about the Craglorn Cave (aside from the fact that it's Crown Store only).
It's a dungeon from Shadowkey! Jesus, with all the references to the game I'm expecting to finally be able to visit Azra's Crossing or something. Unless there's a retcon in how Shadow Magic was developed it should exist by this point in time.

A little more on topic, it sounds like Eolan might have a neighbor. Having grown up in Evermore with Lake Halcion on one side and the dense Viridian Woods on the other, Fell's Run's valley had the same effect on him. He still has the Necklace given to him by the locals.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Jan 9 2017, 06:42 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 9 2017, 06:17 PM
Post #13

Councilor
Group Icon

Neat! I love when locations are recognizable from other games. Awesome to hear a bit about Eolan's background. Darnand was a frequent visitor to Halcion Lake when his Enchanting Survey Maps all sent him there. Darnand is from Chorrol. I suspect that when his father relocated from High Rock, he chose Chorrol in part because the landscape and architecture felt familiar.

I dug around a little hoping to figure out some answers to my Homestead questions. Here's a nine minute video from Oma Games that helped me understand a bit more about furniture crafting: link.

It seems that the six new materials for furniture crafting will be harvested from existing nodes, not gained through refining. So I'm holding on to my Survey Maps in case those nodes have a chance to yield the new materials.

Another video implied that the Achievement-based furnishings were purchasable but not craftable. Maybe they are also craftable, but if they can be bought by the character who earned the Achievement that takes a little pressure off the crafter to do every single thing in the game.

The Daggerfall cottage lacks an outdoor area, so that one's off the list. Darnand is not prideful about most external things, but he is definitely proud of his horse. Got to have a place for Banner. Also we need more cats. I am going to buy him all of the cats. tongue.gif

Oh, I wonder if the pets that you place in your house will make their noises?

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 9 2017, 09:11 PM
Post #14

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Jan 8 2017, 12:58 PM) *

I haven't got on to the PTS yet either. The download is pretty big and I can't just leave my PC on for a week straight to download it all at once.

Anyway, I'll repost the Alcast videos here:
l]

Housing editor, crafting and vendor showcase

Holy crap! Did you see how many rune and racial stones some of these items take to make? Urgh ...

Wow, thank you so much for posting this, Hazmick! I need to start hanging onto my stones, I guess. I've been giving the Jejotas away free to the guilds I'm a member of in increments of 200 every week per guild, now I'm down to a very low number of them, urgh.

This post has been edited by mALX: Jan 9 2017, 09:13 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Jan 9 2017, 09:22 PM
Post #15

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 9 2017, 09:11 PM) *

Holy crap! Did you see how many rune and racial stones some of these items take to make? Urgh ...

Wow, thank you so much for posting this, Hazmick! I need to start hanging onto my stones, I guess. I've been giving the Jejotas away free to the guilds I'm a member of in increments of 200 every week per guild, now I'm down to a very low number of them, urgh.

Yeah, it's pretty significant. I have 0 rune stones, so it'll take a while for me to save up.

Apparently some of the new furniture crafting materials have a pretty low drop rate too, which could make things a lot more frustrating. We'll just have to wait and see.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 9 2017, 09:29 PM
Post #16

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jan 9 2017, 12:17 PM) *

Neat! I love when locations are recognizable from other games. Awesome to hear a bit about Eolan's background. Darnand was a frequent visitor to Halcion Lake when his Enchanting Survey Maps all sent him there. Darnand is from Chorrol. I suspect that when his father relocated from High Rock, he chose Chorrol in part because the landscape and architecture felt familiar.

I dug around a little hoping to figure out some answers to my Homestead questions. Here's a nine minute video from Oma Games that helped me understand a bit more about furniture crafting: link.

It seems that the six new materials for furniture crafting will be harvested from existing nodes, not gained through refining. So I'm holding on to my Survey Maps in case those nodes have a chance to yield the new materials.

Another video implied that the Achievement-based furnishings were purchasable but not craftable. Maybe they are also craftable, but if they can be bought by the character who earned the Achievement that takes a little pressure off the crafter to do every single thing in the game.

The Daggerfall cottage lacks an outdoor area, so that one's off the list. Darnand is not prideful about most external things, but he is definitely proud of his horse. Got to have a place for Banner. Also we need more cats. I am going to buy him all of the cats. tongue.gif

Oh, I wonder if the pets that you place in your house will make their noises?

That vid is THE most informative I've seen yet on the crafting, thank you so much for that post !!!!

I think the pets do their animations and sounds - my mudcrab does at least; though Puffy didn't do any of her horsey animations, and the jackel seemed strangely subdued (though he did move off the pillow I have him).

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 9 2017, 09:51 PM
Post #17

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Jan 9 2017, 03:22 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 9 2017, 09:11 PM) *

Yeah, it's pretty significant. I have 0 rune stones, so it'll take a while for me to save up.

Apparently some of the new furniture crafting materials have a pretty low drop rate too, which could make things a lot more frustrating. We'll just have to wait and see.

That is what my friend Aussie said too, so I think holding out on picking up Surveys is a very good idea (kudos to Grits for thinking of that!)

In sticking with my plan to buy a furnished house through the Crown Store and then slowly replacing the furnishings with ones of my choice by buying or crafting out of my funds - I finally got my ESO account email issue worked out and restored my Plus membership, so I would be rolling in Crowns if I don't spend any between now and the release of Homestead, lol.

The PTS server gives you 5500 Crowns to spend so you don't use your own in the test server environment - it cost me every bit of that in under 12 hours decorating:

1 bottle of wine = 400 crowns
1 plate of food = 50 crowns

Etc. Very expensive, I think I can see me wanting to hunt/open/rob/kill every available spot I might find recipes or mats to craft my own, lol.

I did find myself buying the cheaper plainer stuff for 50 Crowns rather than spending 400 Crowns for the decorative stuff - and that is saying a lot, for me. I like pretty things, so for me to go plain was hard.

Plants were better = 10 crowns per each plant. (ferns for putting in pots for decorating, etc).

What I ended up doing in the end (because I ran out of Crowns) - The houses were only one Crown on the PTS, so I bought up 7 of the largest houses with my last 7 Crowns and TOOK everything out of them that was good = furniture, clutter, plants, decorating stuff, etc. - and brought it to my Port Hunding home to decorate; and pulled everything I didn't like in Port Hunding and stuck it in that Craglorn Cave (which was loaded with Awesome furniture, so I just kind of traded it out).

So this was a learning experience for me - I have enough gold (and Crowns, depending on how much the houses cost in the Crown Store) - to buy several houses or just one big one. I have to really think about how long it is going to take me to amass what I need to decorate the big house when prices are set on the real server; because it sounds like a really long process when you don't have other properties to swipe from, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Jan 9 2017, 09:58 PM
Post #18

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 9 2017, 09:51 PM) *

That is what my friend Aussie said too, so I think holding out on picking up Surveys is a very good idea (kudos to Grits for thinking of that!)

In sticking with my plan to buy a furnished house through the Crown Store and then slowly replacing the furnishings with ones of my choice by buying or crafting out of my funds

I think I'll do the same - buy with crowns then slowly replace everything with stuff that I craft myself.

I can't do writs at the moment, because Haa-Rei's crafting level is below his actual level so we can't get the materials we need to do writs yet :/ We're almost caught up though, so by the time housing is released I should have some stuff ready.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 9 2017, 10:07 PM
Post #19

Councilor
Group Icon

The Oma Games lady talks very slowly and does not jerk the camera around, which makes her a youtube hero in my book.

Some of the plan/blueprint/recipes do seem a little extreme. On the one hand I'm worried that I'll never be able to furnish the rooms, but on the other I'm happy that furniture crafting looks like it will be a long and satisfying journey with possibly no end. If there's one thing I'd change it's reducing the number of style items needed but requiring that the motif be known. Those poor racial motif books need some love. tongue.gif

I am going to be in a sweat every time I make or buy something until the insanely detailed player-made picture guides go up. I wonder if you can deconstruct things to get the materials back. Great idea to buy furnished and then slowly change things to what you want.

hazmick, Haa-Rei should be finding half nodes at his level and half nodes at his crafting skill rank. Elke was in the same situation. It took her more than a day to collect what she needed for writs, but it was possible.

mALX, thank you for the great tips from your PTS experience. Things make much more sense now just from reading how you described what you did.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 9 2017, 10:48 PM
Post #20

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jan 9 2017, 04:07 PM) *

The Oma Games lady talks very slowly and does not jerk the camera around, which makes her a youtube hero in my book.

Some of the plan/blueprint/recipes do seem a little extreme. On the one hand I'm worried that I'll never be able to furnish the rooms, but on the other I'm happy that furniture crafting looks like it will be a long and satisfying journey with possibly no end. If there's one thing I'd change it's reducing the number of style items needed but requiring that the motif be known. Those poor racial motif books need some love. tongue.gif

I am going to be in a sweat every time I make or buy something until the insanely detailed player-made picture guides go up. I wonder if you can deconstruct things to get the materials back. Great idea to buy furnished and then slowly change things to what you want.

hazmick, Haa-Rei should be finding half nodes at his level and half nodes at his crafting skill rank. Elke was in the same situation. It took her more than a day to collect what she needed for writs, but it was possible.

mALX, thank you for the great tips from your PTS experience. Things make much more sense now just from reading how you described what you did.

I get motion sickness extremely fast with any jerky camera movements in gameplay vids; and like you pointed out - she talked slow enough that I was able to absorb what she was saying instead of having to rewind numerous times to "catch" something I might have missed like I have had to do many times with hyper narrators.

You brought up a question that came to my mind immediately after watching that vid you posted = will we be able to deconstruct the items we don't want in our homes and possibly gain mats from them - how awesome would that be !!!! I will most def ask if I get the chance.

Another question I had - will we be able to name our home.

At any rate, this is really exciting to me, I can't wait! In anticipation of the release, I upgraded Misa's woodworking to Master using up all her skill points except two. So she is Master of Blacksmithing, Clothier, Woodworking, and Enchanting. If it comes up that we need master crafting in Provisioning or Alchemy too; I may just start handing the recipe/plans over to Bubba, who is master of all 6 crafting disciplines.

OH! I saw something exciting in that vid too - crafting clutter !!!! I want to be able to make a plate of food and put it out without paying 50 Crowns for it, lol. How awesome will it be to clutter up our own homes - I would rather do that than have the Ruby Throne or some Elder Scroll, rollinglaugh.gif (but that is just me, lol).

This post has been edited by mALX: Jan 9 2017, 10:51 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

21 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:45 AM